[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Our David Robinson Moment
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

5/7/2018  11:47 AM
When The Admiral went down with an injury, that gave the Spurs a once in a lifetime opportunity to tank and acquire Tim Duncan in the next draft. The Twin Towers then ruled the NBA for ten years. KP going down could very well be our David Robinson moment this next season, allowing us to acquire a second franchise player who, along with a healthy KP, can dominate for years to come. We have to seize this opportunity!
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/7/2018  11:51 AM
I don't necessarily disagree, however, it really kinda blows that next draft the odds will be diminished for us...

I think the real benefit for us is that the team will avoid the temptation of adding another ridiculous THJ type of deal. There is no point to something like this offesason

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
reub

5/7/2018  12:02 PM
RJ Barrett might be the guy for us to target in the 2019 draft. He's being compared to Grant Hill:

HT: 6-7 - WT: 190 - WING: 6-9 - FROM: Duke
Barrett is a gifted talent who can do it all on the basketball court. He can score from three levels, he plays both ends of the court and is a nightmare in the transition game. He has a chance to become one of the leading scorers in the League while impacting all aspects of the game.

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2019-nba-mock-draft.html

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
5/7/2018  12:12 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I don't necessarily disagree, however, it really kinda blows that next draft the odds will be diminished for us...

I think the real benefit for us is that the team will avoid the temptation of adding another ridiculous THJ type of deal. There is no point to something like this offesason

ha. i wish. but im afraid of horrible kuwai or kemba or macallum trades.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/7/2018  1:31 PM
anrst wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I don't necessarily disagree, however, it really kinda blows that next draft the odds will be diminished for us...

ha. i wish. but im afraid of horrible kuwai or kemba or macallum trades.

All the draft pundits are saying next year's draft is weak. We'll be terrible next season. But in the off chance that we do fall out of the top 5, it might make sense to trade the pick. But I've seen supposedly "weak" drafts produce strong drafts class and I've seen classed hyped as "strong" produce mediocre players. We'll have to wait and see.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/7/2018  1:54 PM
I thought the last 15+ years were our David Robinson moments!

True - I think our team finally gets it - from Dolan staying more or less hands off, and actually having a real basketball GM in place.

They showed it with their search for a coach. When have the Knicks made that kind of methodical, considered search? Not as long as I've been a fan.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2018  3:07 PM
The flattening odds can help us continue to grow and if we don't get "healthy" then we can land at or near the bottom but still make some progress by not tanking.
Perhaps we are just assuming bad things. Why can't we draft one of the bridges, have a good 3 in place.
Frank or Mudiay will likely evolve, Burke if still on the roster will help and Timmy might become more balanced.
If KP can return in January and be effective in March we might make some noise at the end.
Gudris
Member: #6213

5/7/2018  4:12 PM
KP will be back in October/November, he is a lizard
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/7/2018  4:21 PM
Gudris wrote:KP will be back in October/November, he is a lizard

lol you gotta knock it out with this nonsense. No way he is back then

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
reub

5/7/2018  4:39 PM
franco12 wrote:I thought the last 15+ years were our David Robinson moments!

True - I think our team finally gets it - from Dolan staying more or less hands off, and actually having a real basketball GM in place.

They showed it with their search for a coach. When have the Knicks made that kind of methodical, considered search? Not as long as I've been a fan.

Many of those seasons we didn't even have draft picks. This year and from now going forward we have all of them, and with KP missing at least half of the season we will almost certainly have a very high pick. Having a healthy KP, a third year Frank, our 2018 lottery pick, and a very high 2019 pick should put us in a very good position going forward.
reub

5/7/2018  4:42 PM
Have I actually started The 2019 Tank/Draft Thread here?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/7/2018  5:18 PM
Nalod wrote:The flattening odds can help us continue to grow and if we don't get "healthy" then we can land at or near the bottom but still make some progress by not tanking.
Perhaps we are just assuming bad things. Why can't we draft one of the bridges, have a good 3 in place.
Frank or Mudiay will likely evolve, Burke if still on the roster will help and Timmy might become more balanced.
If KP can return in January and be effective in March we might make some noise at the end.

here is the thing with the new draft - it's not really all that different, structurally, from the current system.

Someone called in on sports radio and suggested giving the #1 pick to the team that just missed the play offs. The host dismissed them- but I actually think that makes a lot of sense (though I could see a bubble team tanking).

VCoug
Member: #1406

5/7/2018  8:58 PM
Lol, no. The Spurs had been an over-.500 team for 7 straight seasons and had won 62 and 59 games each of the previous two seasons. David Robinson was one of the best players in basketball and had won the MVP two seasons before. They tanked in the hopes of adding a superstar to a team that was already a contender and already had a superstar.

We suck, we were going to suck next year with or without KP, and we're still hoping that KP can make a leap towards something resembling superstardom.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Nalod
USA
5/7/2018  11:17 PM
VCoug wrote:Lol, no. The Spurs had been an over-.500 team for 7 straight seasons and had won 62 and 59 games each of the previous two seasons. David Robinson was one of the best players in basketball and had won the MVP two seasons before. They tanked in the hopes of adding a superstar to a team that was already a contender and already had a superstar.

We suck, we were going to suck next year with or without KP, and we're still hoping that KP can make a leap towards something resembling superstardom.

Robinson had back surgery.
Gudris
Member: #6213

5/8/2018  12:33 AM
martin wrote:
Gudris wrote:KP will be back in October/November, he is a lizard

lol you gotta knock it out with this nonsense. No way he is back then

He said 9 months, 6 months to get healthy and 3 months to prepare
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/8/2018  6:27 AM
reub wrote:
franco12 wrote:I thought the last 15+ years were our David Robinson moments!

Many of those seasons we didn't even have draft picks. This year and from now going forward we have all of them, and with KP missing at least half of the season we will almost certainly have a very high pick. Having a healthy KP, a third year Frank, our 2018 lottery pick, and a very high 2019 pick should put us in a very good position going forward.

You mean right now we have our draft picks going forward. Don't be surprised if we placate Porzingis with a win now move. If would be incredibly short sighted considering the roster. Come to think of it with the no tank mantra of this front office, its exactly the thing I expect.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/8/2018  9:26 AM
reub wrote:When The Admiral went down with an injury, that gave the Spurs a once in a lifetime opportunity to tank and acquire Tim Duncan in the next draft. The Twin Towers then ruled the NBA for ten years. KP going down could very well be our David Robinson moment this next season, allowing us to acquire a second franchise player who, along with a healthy KP, can dominate for years to come. We have to seize this opportunity!

Hey FIZ,

So here's what we want you to do in your 1st season, we would love if you can add another 50 loss season to make it 5 in a row, even though lottery odds are no longer in favor of the team with worst record.

Hey perry

How about you go do your research and draft me the best player at where ever we pick this summer, that can fill the wing, then figure out a way to get either get Will barton, Wayne ellington, or Julius Randle.

HEY mills,

I'll win 43 games, get us looking attractive for your 2019 FA bonanza.

What ya say?

ES
Nalod
USA
5/8/2018  9:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
reub wrote:When The Admiral went down with an injury, that gave the Spurs a once in a lifetime opportunity to tank and acquire Tim Duncan in the next draft. The Twin Towers then ruled the NBA for ten years. KP going down could very well be our David Robinson moment this next season, allowing us to acquire a second franchise player who, along with a healthy KP, can dominate for years to come. We have to seize this opportunity!

Hey FIZ,

So here's what we want you to do in your 1st season, we would love if you can add another 50 loss season to make it 5 in a row, even though lottery odds are no longer in favor of the team with worst record.

Hey perry

How about you go do your research and draft me the best player at where ever we pick this summer, that can fill the wing, then figure out a way to get either get Will barton, Wayne ellington, or Julius Randle.

HEY mills,

What ya say?

So the first two are you telling Fiz and Perry what to do. I get that. YOu are like "Hey", and then instruct them with open ended concepts that even a child would know to do, but a child does not understand the complexity of fulfilling that task.
Then you ask Mills, but instead of telling him, its like he is now saying what he will do. So again, your making shyt up as if you know what he would say?
This is the guy that hired Perry and Fiz, but somehow you think he does not understand things?

Hey Knicks1248,
What if knicks make playoffs, do you understand that the team will have improved vastly? You do realize that for that to happen your boy Frank might have taken a great leap, perhaps our new rookie is very much contributing, and our players are healthy?
What yah say?
Oh, and also have cap space to sign a top tier player? You do realize that would make us a very attractive team to a talented player?

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/8/2018  10:20 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Hey FIZ,

Hey perry

HEY mills,

What ya say?

So the first two are you telling Fiz and Perry what to do. I get that. YOu are like "Hey", and then instruct them with open ended concepts that even a child would know to do, but a child does not understand the complexity of fulfilling that task.
Then you ask Mills, but instead of telling him, its like he is now saying what he will do. So again, your making shyt up as if you know what he would say?
This is the guy that hired Perry and Fiz, but somehow you think he does not understand things?

Hey Knicks1248,
What if knicks make playoffs, do you understand that the team will have improved vastly? You do realize that for that to happen your boy Frank might have taken a great leap, perhaps our new rookie is very much contributing, and our players are healthy?
What yah say?
Oh, and also have cap space to sign a top tier player? You do realize that would make us a very attractive team to a talented player?

Frank better take a leap(thats what fiz is here for), and if he's not in the Vegas summer leagues, im going to be very disappointed.

The bottom line i was getting at is, TANKING is not a remote option(the honeymoon for P&M is over)

ES
Nalod
USA
5/8/2018  1:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Hey FIZ,

Hey perry

HEY mills,

What ya say?

Hey Knicks1248,
What yah say?

Frank better take a leap(thats what fiz is here for), and if he's not in the Vegas summer leagues, im going to be very disappointed.

The bottom line i was getting at is, TANKING is not a remote option(the honeymoon for P&M is over)

Are you saying your in favor of tanking?

Our David Robinson Moment

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy