[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New to the board
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/6/2018  3:38 PM
Knickmaniac wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Welcome. Never had the pleasure of staying in Tennessee, but its always been the most scenic part of my trip whenever Ive been headed that way.

That is except for finding out the hard way about Monteagle Mountain in 02' in a car packed to the gills, with bad brakes, lol

Glad to see posters from all over the country, and the world here.

It's a nice state. Really pretty scenery all throughout with a few rough spots scattered through it. I haven't lived here since I joined the Army, I've been to a lot of different places. So it's nice to be back home. Will probably end up back in NY in a few years.

Left NYC in 94' was close to moving back a few times, eventually gave up because the city had changed too much. Dominos in NYC, WTF?

Bet you dont miss the regimentation of being in the Army, but it must have been nice to be saluted now and then.

What dacash said about our resident hollywood liberal elite.

AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

5/6/2018  8:51 PM
welcome to the board and thank you for your service!
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

5/7/2018  2:28 AM
Welcome. It is uneasy to be a knick fans.
Knickmaniac
Member: #8640

5/7/2018  3:58 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickmaniac wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Welcome. Never had the pleasure of staying in Tennessee, but its always been the most scenic part of my trip whenever Ive been headed that way.

That is except for finding out the hard way about Monteagle Mountain in 02' in a car packed to the gills, with bad brakes, lol

It's a nice state. Really pretty scenery all throughout with a few rough spots scattered through it. I haven't lived here since I joined the Army, I've been to a lot of different places. So it's nice to be back home. Will probably end up back in NY in a few years.

Left NYC in 94' was close to moving back a few times, eventually gave up because the city had changed too much. Dominos in NYC, WTF?

Bet you dont miss the regimentation of being in the Army, but it must have been nice to be saluted now and then.

Spent almost my whole adult life in the Army lol. It's been different on the outside. Still adjusting but it's nice to have taken a step back to relax a little bit.

brade07
Member: #7541
Australia
5/7/2018  4:17 AM
Hello,

While we're on introductions, I joined this board late last year when the previous Knicks forum I visited closed down. Lots more traffic here so I hadn't posted until the OP here inspired me to introduce myself.

I'm from Melbourne Australia and been a Knicks fan since 1996, so a little over half my life. I've lived through the battles we fought against the Heat, the 99 Finals run and everything that's gone wrong since we traded Ewing.

Looking forward to coming out of this rebuild, hopefully ready for success. I really do hope they stick with the plan, build around Porzingis, Ntilikina, this years pick and whatever we can add in free agency once Noah's deal ends. I do hope we let that deal run its course without a buyout or stretching him. I'm happy with the Fizdale appointment. Player engagement is going to be important in developing our players and attracting free agents. As much as we dislike Miami, its been a good grounding for him.

It's tough to see games in Australia so I really do rely on forums like this to keep up. We get good coverage in the playoffs but the regular season gets a few games a week that are generally reserved for better teams, lots of Warriors and Cavs games. If the Knicks could see their way to signing an Australian it would probably help that situation greatly.

I've been to New York twice in the last few years, seen the Knicks play 4 times (they lost 3 of those) with my only win coming against the Clippers in November last year. Looking forward to coming back in a couple of years to see some wins. Love the city, there's always something to do and I've barely touched the surface in terms of visiting.

Thanks to those still reading.

Cheers,
Brad

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/7/2018  8:43 AM
brade07 wrote:Hello,

While we're on introductions, I joined this board late last year when the previous Knicks forum I visited closed down. Lots more traffic here so I hadn't posted until the OP here inspired me to introduce myself.

I'm from Melbourne Australia and been a Knicks fan since 1996, so a little over half my life. I've lived through the battles we fought against the Heat, the 99 Finals run and everything that's gone wrong since we traded Ewing.

Looking forward to coming out of this rebuild, hopefully ready for success. I really do hope they stick with the plan, build around Porzingis, Ntilikina, this years pick and whatever we can add in free agency once Noah's deal ends. I do hope we let that deal run its course without a buyout or stretching him. I'm happy with the Fizdale appointment. Player engagement is going to be important in developing our players and attracting free agents. As much as we dislike Miami, its been a good grounding for him.

It's tough to see games in Australia so I really do rely on forums like this to keep up. We get good coverage in the playoffs but the regular season gets a few games a week that are generally reserved for better teams, lots of Warriors and Cavs games. If the Knicks could see their way to signing an Australian it would probably help that situation greatly.

I've been to New York twice in the last few years, seen the Knicks play 4 times (they lost 3 of those) with my only win coming against the Clippers in November last year. Looking forward to coming back in a couple of years to see some wins. Love the city, there's always something to do and I've barely touched the surface in terms of visiting.

Cheers,
Brad

welcome man
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/7/2018  8:58 AM

Cheers,
Brad

Good piggy backing lol, welcome, enjoy. Like u said here's hoping this rebuild runs the course
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/7/2018  9:03 AM

Cheers,
Brad

So basically, we need you to buy 4 separate games tix and then go to only 1 and we should be set lol
Visited Melbourne 1.5 years ago, along with other parts of Aus-NZ beautiful countries both! and POLITE.
No worries mate!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler

5/7/2018  10:39 AM
Knickmaniac wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickmaniac wrote:

Spent almost my whole adult life in the Army lol. It's been different on the outside. Still adjusting but it's nice to have taken a step back to relax a little bit.

Well, you've definitely earned some R&R. Im sure whatever field you pursue, you will be able to draw on your military experience.

I remember someone asking me directions once, and kept calling me "sir". I asked him if he had just gotten out of the military. He laughed, and said yes. Enjoy the transition!

GustavBahler

5/7/2018  10:41 AM

Cheers,
Brad

Guess its the time difference Welcome.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/7/2018  11:05 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Cheers,
Brad

Guess its the time difference Welcome.

Since he's already over there, maybe he can be Australian Briggs. There's usually at least prospect from there each draft. Who's the next Ben Simmons?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

5/8/2018  8:59 AM
Wow, it's quite a testament to your fortitude that you could actually "become" a NYK fan during the last 8 years.

Most of us at least had a chance to watch the 90s Ewing era teams, and some of us even got to watch/attend the chip years (Clyde, ETP, Reed).

Good for you. And welcome to the board. Hopeful for the future of the team, despite Dolan's continued ownership.

BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
5/8/2018  10:54 PM
Knickmaniac wrote:Hi all,

Wanted to introduce myself (thread encouraged by Martin)

My name is Mike. I'm originally from Tennessee but I was stationed in NYC/Albany for the last 7 years of my Army career. I wasn't a huge NBA fan until that point and I absolutely fell in love with the NY Knicks and the passion of the NY fans. I've been a Knicks fan for about 8 years now. I was fortunate enough to get to go to over 160ish games during my time in NY. My wife is from NY, her and her family are also HUGE Knicks fans. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and enjoy good discussions with fellow fans!

That is a weird, wild story.

https:// It's not so hard.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/11/2018  4:24 PM

My name is Mike. I'm originally from Tennessee but I was stationed in NYC/Albany for the last 7 years of my Army career. I wasn't a huge NBA fan until that point and I absolutely fell in love with the NY Knicks and the passion of the NY fans. I've been a Knicks fan for about 8 years now. I was fortunate enough to get to go to over 160ish games during my time in NY. My wife is from NY, her and her family are also HUGE Knicks fans. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and enjoy good discussions with fellow fans!

2010. Interesting year to fall in love with the team. Welcome!

Tell your wife and family to get login names too! martin and Andrew need all the clicks on the ads they can get!

Knickmaniac
Member: #8640

5/12/2018  6:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:

2010. Interesting year to fall in love with the team. Welcome!

Tell your wife and family to get login names too! martin and Andrew need all the clicks on the ads they can get!

She doesn't do message boards. Guess I'll have to check the board a few times a day and click a few extra adds to make up for it ;).

2010 was my first year in NY. I had never been to an NBA game ever. I didn't watch the NBA much at all up to that point. I had always been more of a college fan. It all just kind of lined up the way it did.

New to the board

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy