[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fizdale is no Brad Stevens
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/6/2018  1:03 PM
knickscity wrote:
TLover wrote:Can’t stand the Celtics but they have a great coach. Hope Fizdale is of sound basketball mind that people claim he has and not just riding the coattails of great players (LeBron, Wade) I don’t agree with hiring someone bc some older nba players like him. (Now if LeBron comes to NYC bc of him then that’s a different story) but I believe in a true coach who is a teacher & master game planner like Stevens or someone out of the Spurs system. Yes great players win championships but what Brad Stevens is doing with this Celtics team decimated by injuries is quite amazing.

If the Celtics had all their players available, some of these starter quality player would have been backups. Stevens is pretty good, not great imo. He has a lot of talent to work with. Talent>>>>coach in this instance, sorry.

He doesn't have a lot of talent to work with, Monroe, morris, larkin were other teams castaways, the rest of the roster you barely know. He has raise the level of the teams effort and focusness.

Right now Brad is the best coach in the league.

ES
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/6/2018  2:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
TLover wrote:Can’t stand the Celtics but they have a great coach. Hope Fizdale is of sound basketball mind that people claim he has and not just riding the coattails of great players (LeBron, Wade) I don’t agree with hiring someone bc some older nba players like him. (Now if LeBron comes to NYC bc of him then that’s a different story) but I believe in a true coach who is a teacher & master game planner like Stevens or someone out of the Spurs system. Yes great players win championships but what Brad Stevens is doing with this Celtics team decimated by injuries is quite amazing.

If the Celtics had all their players available, some of these starter quality player would have been backups. Stevens is pretty good, not great imo. He has a lot of talent to work with. Talent>>>>coach in this instance, sorry.

He doesn't have a lot of talent to work with, Monroe, morris, larkin were other teams castaways, the rest of the roster you barely know. He has raise the level of the teams effort and focusness.

Rozier was a stud in College. The kid has talent and needed a chance. Tatum is a blue chip potential star, and Jaylean Brown in year three is emerging.
That talent was their.
Horford is under rated.
Thats four really good players!!!! Philly is green. Ilysolova and Belinelli are good, and were castoffs. Nothing wrong with that, they have been good Players for years.
Knicks have not had the talent. If great coaches are made from great players, the reverse is true.
Fizdale is about potential. Bud has more tangible results.

All in all some of you are really incredibly unrealistic in the plug and play thinking you have. Some how coaches will repeat the same mistakes and that their success will also continue because of who they are without much regard to the talent base.
Lets not forget Riley had some amazingly bad teams and made some pretty stupid mistakes. One was giving Juwan Howard a $126 million dollar contract but got caught cheating so stern did him the biggest favor ever and negated his deal.
That said the lesson all of you should be digesting is that Riley and even Pop have had ebbs and flows that set up asset acquisitions. We are talking about the best teams that had good fortunes in many cases doing the same things as bad clubs but yielded great results. We can only fault the mistakes AFTER THE FACT.
Knicks have had more ebb then flow and for the many reasons we discuss have been stuck.
Draft picks, Rookies, new coach, new front office.......All reasons to be optomistic!!!!

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
5/6/2018  7:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Brad Stephens is no Brad Stephens.....

What he is now is not what he was.....He evolved and had great timing. Isiah Thomas helped him a lot.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/7/2018  10:26 AM
blkexec wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

What he is now is not what he was.....He evolved and had great timing. Isiah Thomas helped him a lot.

Really, How so?

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2018  10:29 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Really, How so?

The player. You know, that guy that played for the Celtics and got traded!
You thought retired and Liberty team president Isiah Lord Thomas?

Fizdale is no Brad Stevens

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy