BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/1/2018  5:32 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:Just saying, I mean is there a plan? Are they waiting for the Bucks to take Bud off their hands so they can say Bud wanted Bucks. Take Blatt and take the pressure off as a last resort. Mills and Perry playing corporate games at the Knicks expense.

Your expectation is that Mills/Perry will detail in full all travel plans and negotiation and relevant updates to fans on a regular? Is this how you think it works?

What happened to transparency. Donnie Walsh use to speak of this. Phil took it to another level and people couldn’t handle the truth. Now these guys are back being covert. Remember fans use to complain about this.

It isn't hard to be transparent if you only interview one or two candidates. At some point you need to leak to the media that you are doing something.

Has it occurred to anyone here that the Knicks are being turned down.

Bud leaked that he wanted to be here. It's possible, but do you think Blatt, Stackhouse, Jackson, Smith etc. would turn down any opportunity to get an NBA job. Only 30 jobs out there.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/1/2018  5:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:Just saying, I mean is there a plan? Are they waiting for the Bucks to take Bud off their hands so they can say Bud wanted Bucks. Take Blatt and take the pressure off as a last resort. Mills and Perry playing corporate games at the Knicks expense.

Your expectation is that Mills/Perry will detail in full all travel plans and negotiation and relevant updates to fans on a regular? Is this how you think it works?

What happened to transparency. Donnie Walsh use to speak of this. Phil took it to another level and people couldn’t handle the truth. Now these guys are back being covert. Remember fans use to complain about this.

It isn't hard to be transparent if you only interview one or two candidates. At some point you need to leak to the media that you are doing something.

Bud leaked that he wanted to be here. It's possible, but do you think Blatt, Stackhouse, Jackson, Smith etc. would turn down any opportunity to get an NBA job. Only 30 jobs out there.

Yes I do believe that they are turning down the Knicks. The Knicks are a coaching carousel there is no longevity. And if your lucky you will leave like MDA and JVG. How many of the fired Knicks coaches ever held another coaching position. If your young up and coming coach would you want to be part of the Knicks. If your going to take the Knicks job best plan an exit strategy to leave.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/1/2018  6:19 PM
Vmart wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Yes I do believe that they are turning down the Knicks. The Knicks are a coaching carousel there is no longevity. And if your lucky you will leave like MDA and JVG. How many of the fired Knicks coaches ever held another coaching position. If your young up and coming coach would you want to be part of the Knicks. If your going to take the Knicks job best plan an exit strategy to leave.

The Knicks job is a big job because it is in nyc and the Knicks are in the news all the time. Also, Knick coaches are paid well. Blatt would love to coach the Knicks. Bud said the Knicks were his #1 job. Those two along with Fizdale are the biggest names out there right now. They also know that they won't be forced to run an antiquated offense, have an associate head coach appointed to run help run the antiquated offense etc. You know two of the three big names want the job and there has been no indication that Fizdale doesn't want it. You think the assistants, and tv guys are turning down the Knicks for one of 30 jobs in the league? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, JVG and MDA left under very different circumstances. One guy had done nothing but win and resigned after his friend passed away. The other guy was in his lame duck year, was working for a gm that didn't hire him and was forced to have his replacement on the bench with him as the associate head coach. He also was losing a ton despite having what was considered the best front line in the nba at the time. Nothing at all similar between those two in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/1/2018  6:44 PM
We interviewed 11. Isn’t that transparent?
Vmart
USA
5/1/2018  7:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

The Knicks job is a big job because it is in nyc and the Knicks are in the news all the time. Also, Knick coaches are paid well. Blatt would love to coach the Knicks. Bud said the Knicks were his #1 job. Those two along with Fizdale are the biggest names out there right now. They also know that they won't be forced to run an antiquated offense, have an associate head coach appointed to run help run the antiquated offense etc. You know two of the three big names want the job and there has been no indication that Fizdale doesn't want it. You think the assistants, and tv guys are turning down the Knicks for one of 30 jobs in the league? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, JVG and MDA left under very different circumstances. One guy had done nothing but win and resigned after his friend passed away. The other guy was in his lame duck year, was working for a gm that didn't hire him and was forced to have his replacement on the bench with him as the associate head coach. He also was losing a ton despite having what was considered the best front line in the nba at the time. Nothing at all similar between those two in my opinion.

Regardless they left and they got another head coaching gig. None that got fired got another head coaching job. Now a days everyone pays well that’s not saying anything. It being NYC who wants that can of worms. Most coaches would rather not deal with the drama that comes with NYC and Media.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/1/2018  9:24 PM
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

What exactly are you expecting the FO to do that other FO's have done in this similar situation.

For what it's worth, WOJ and others been giving Knicks fans updates on exactly who is being interviewed, when and where.

What else are you looking for?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/2/2018  10:09 AM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Regardless they left and they got another head coaching gig. None that got fired got another head coaching job. Now a days everyone pays well that’s not saying anything. It being NYC who wants that can of worms. Most coaches would rather not deal with the drama that comes with NYC and Media.

Isnt MDA coaching? Isnt Woody? You are making stuff up now. Again.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
USA
5/2/2018  10:40 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Your letting animosity towards me cloud your thinking. Take a deep breath and go over what I wrote. It is factually correct and it isn’t made up. Did MDA leave on his own will? Did I not say Head coaching job. Where is Woody now is he a head coach? He is an assistant. Have those that got fired got another head coaching job in the NBA?

I understand everyone’s fandom. I understand Knicks1248 I even understand yours. You want to approach everything with rose colored glasses. You want to make the Knicks out to be a great destination.

CrushAlot
USA
5/2/2018  11:38 AM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Your letting animosity towards me cloud your thinking. Take a deep breath and go over what I wrote. It is factually correct and it isn’t made up. Did MDA leave on his own will? Did I not say Head coaching job. Where is Woody now is he a head coach? He is an assistant. Have those that got fired got another head coaching job in the NBA?

I understand everyone’s fandom. I understand Knicks1248 I even understand yours. You want to approach everything with rose colored glasses. You want to make the Knicks out to be a great destination.

You could say the same thing for the Lakers. The only coach to get another job after he left was Dantoni and he had to work as an assistant first. That is going by back to 1999. I didn't check other teams but I would think it would be similar.
martin
USA
5/2/2018  12:38 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

What exactly are you expecting the FO to do that other FO's have done in this similar situation.

For what it's worth, WOJ and others been giving Knicks fans updates on exactly who is being interviewed, when and where.

Is this transparent enough for you?

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/2/2018  1:21 PM
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Blatt said he never spoke to the knicks, yet he's a finalist, so who's lying?

Is that transparent

ES
martin
USA
5/2/2018  1:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Is that transparent

Actually he didn't. Go look up the quote and the circumstance and let me know what you think.

Nalod
USA
5/2/2018  1:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Is that transparent

Your posts are very transparent.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/2/2018  2:31 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Is that transparent

playa and nalod going at it again :)
does no one else see the pattern?
i sure hope none of these ex-HC's get hired

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
5/2/2018  2:34 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Is that transparent

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/2/2018  9:24 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Is that transparent

Playa? where the hale is playa? Haven't seen him post in a while.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
5/2/2018  10:47 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Is that transparent

He was banned long before you changed your changed your user name.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/2/2018  11:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Is that transparent

He was banned long before you changed your changed your user name.

Oh ok, guess I should have known then.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/3/2018  11:51 AM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

I understand your salty misery as well. You dont stop to wipe the poop from under your nose before you start smelling again.

I dont pretend the Knicks is a great destination. Nor have I said that. More VMart fake news. I said NYK situation was better than the Alt situation for a coach. Thats about it.

I dont have animosity towards you at all. I respond to your misery because its slow this time of year and its fun. I hope whatever makes you this way gets better. I mean all you do is post about how bad everything about the Knicks is... and when that runs out you assume something negative and post about that.

You dont even complain about the Knicks. You complain about your own made up negative thoughts about the Knicks. Like it wasnt enough the Knicks missed on Mitchell, but you have said they would have not developed him right anyway, then you actually comment on that. Classic VMart salt.

You are saying people are turning down the Knicks. More VMart salt. Link? Info?

LOL.. Rose colored glasses. Mills and Perry have done OK and I have never said anything more. They have not made any big mistakes. Lets see their coach.

You want to lump the current FO in with the last decade plus. I dont see that as fair but its your choice. Imagine a company hires you and you are held accountable for the last 3 guys who had the job before you. You try to do things different and people say same old.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Blatt says he never met Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy