[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Carmelo Anthony will never start for an NBA playoff team again
Author Thread
martin
Posts: 47585
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
5/24/2018  7:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I voted Korver - No brainer isn't it?


Yeah, just based off salaries. Production too....

Didn't watch Melo much this year but I don't even know what he gets you.

Put salaries aside, I still take Korver.

If I'm an opposing team, I would LOVE for Melo to do what he does on every play. Korver you have to plan for and cover VERY closely

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Posts: 57060
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
5/24/2018  7:44 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I voted Korver - No brainer isn't it?


Yeah, just based off salaries. Production too....

Didn't watch Melo much this year but I don't even know what he gets you.

Put salaries aside, I still take Korver.

If I'm an opposing team, I would LOVE for Melo to do what he does on every play. Korver you have to plan for and cover VERY closely

The money, ntc, and trade kicker make it easy to choose Korver. I am curious to see what happens with Melo next year. He looked done this year but I did hear a stat (small sample size) that his ts% was 5 pts higher when he was on the court without Westbrook. He is a proud guy. Can he embrace a new role? Does he have anything left? Glad Perry was able to move him.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22762
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

5/24/2018  10:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2018  10:14 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:A bit strange how you are all about the details yet when you are trying to make a point you casually leave out obvious details. You fail to metnion how playoff basketball is slightly differen than regular season. Teams that dont have depth get exposed. Teams with only one or two good players double team the good players and force the bad players to beat them. When teams where playing against the Melo Knicks, who did they focus all their defensive efforts on? Who did they Double teams? And your telling me that shooting 40% against Boston and 43% against Indy, when he had NO ONE to share the offensive load, is bad? Btw, like the way you included this year with OKC. Thought we were talking about faulting him during his better years in NYC. Not wjen he is a 33 year old relagated to the corner to shoot threes. But think you know that but needed to sneak that in to make your point more valid.

Bringing up players he played with is not "Lobbying". Its just plain facts. And the main point for guys that claim it was never ONE guys fault for not winning. As with any team that does not win its a top to bottom failure to create and run a winning team. But lets just leave out that basketball is a team sport. Lets ignore that playoff success comes from depth. Leave out that its a total team effort needed to win. Yet when it comes to Melo, the fact he never had a well constructed deep team seems to be ignored. So I guess KP is just as bad for not even getting us into the playoffs with great players like Timmy, Noah, Lee and Frank.

And Linsanity is just a time where an average guy had a great run. The old underdog story. Made every YMCA homer believe that they had a shot at the NBA with their under handed jump shots and wild drives. Reason why so many liked him. Most act like we forced Michael Jordan out of NY. Or should I say Melo forced him out. By making him take that crappy contract in Houston. Cuz Lin was all about the NY fans and not the money. He definately proved us wrong that he was worth that contract. Btw, how does anyone say that Linsanity was about great TEAM ball? The kid had bigger blinders on than even Melo. Head down, drive to the basket mentality. Not exactly the quintessential PG.

Translation for you and jrodmc for everyone else.

If you cannot hold Melo accountable for EVERYTHING, then you can hold him accountable for NOTHING.

That is all that you and jrodmc are trying to push. What a childish insufferable and bull**** way to frame things.

Are all the Knicks failings happen because of Melo? No. Did Melo do everything possible to help the Knicks be the best they could be? No. A deep and glaring No.

As a "franchise player", you get all the glory if you win, and all the blame if you lose. This is how the process and system and game works. You can't have one without the other. Melo is not exempt from this.

The only takeaway I see is that you and jrodmc are not real Knicks fans. Because to rationalize what Melo did to hurt this team means you both would rather justify someone helping the team lose instead of win and then excusing it.

You are a Melo troll posing as a Knicks fan. You don't love this team. At all.

Did I casually leave out any obvious details here?

GTFOH! The point you just made above is what I am talking about and the point some of us argue. Real Knick fans, which I have been for many years, are not crying whining band wagon babies who want to blame ONE player for not fulfilling their ability to gain more respect at some sports bar. NOR are they LIN loving fan boys who are pretending to be Knick fans. Real Knick fans are very knowledgeable fans who know what it takes to put together a winning basketball team. They know what we had was close but not enough. Some even have experience competing and know it takes more than ONE player to have a good team, Most NY FANS also recognize the difference between watching a ****ty team coming in last place for years and watching a team thats competing in the playoffs. Funny how guys like you, Lin Lovers, have no answere when asked when was the last time since 2000 that we had a team that was not a joke? Answer..When Melo was brought over. Maybe you are acconstumed to coming is last but some us dont like it. We actually liked the years where we were competing for a playoff spot and not watching guys like you jacking off to Lin posters and other wannabbees, has beens and never were guys that this board loves to fall in love with.

BTW, When did I say Melo is not at fault? When did I say he had no weaknesses? Actually agreed that it was time to move on from Melo, with uncle Phil at the helm. Never thinking he would be dumb enough to give hinm a max with NTC. If you stopped focusing on hating Melo, you would ralize that I am arguing the decision to bring over a STAR, experience some success, gut the team because you do not believe in the system, and then give the PLAYER that does not represent the new system a new MAX deal with a NTC.

are you actually able to make a case FOR Melo or is everyone who holds Melo accountable for his poor play just another guy drizzling cum over Jeremy Lin posters? Its literally your go-to for every knock on Melo.

Thought you actually read posts. Funny how all you got out of it was the jacking off comment. Less about defending Melo than putting down ignorant fans that expect ONE guy to be a savior. thought you were about team basketball? Lets seee whay happens if the FO continues to get a good player and fail to build correctly around him. At least there will be plenty of threads blaming that "Franchise" player. Lots more Meoshouldgo dbags to go around. Btw. Triple is a Lin lover. Already got into it with him. But guess that makes me a racist because I call out guys that hate Melo because they think he ran out their 15 minute man.

fishmike Posts: 48006 Alba Posts: 1 Joined: 7/19/2002 Member: #298 USA 6/23/2016 12:35 PM fishmike worte" The dream? Would be Pg Rose SG GPII SF Durant PF Melo C Noah Bench: KP, Langston, KOQ, Clyde Frazier
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22762
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

5/24/2018  10:09 PM
Chandler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:A bit strange how you are all about the details yet when you are trying to make a point you casually leave out obvious details. You fail to metnion how playoff basketball is slightly differen than regular season. Teams that dont have depth get exposed. Teams with only one or two good players double team the good players and force the bad players to beat them. When teams where playing against the Melo Knicks, who did they focus all their defensive efforts on? Who did they Double teams? And your telling me that shooting 40% against Boston and 43% against Indy, when he had NO ONE to share the offensive load, is bad? Btw, like the way you included this year with OKC. Thought we were talking about faulting him during his better years in NYC. Not wjen he is a 33 year old relagated to the corner to shoot threes. But think you know that but needed to sneak that in to make your point more valid.

Bringing up players he played with is not "Lobbying". Its just plain facts. And the main point for guys that claim it was never ONE guys fault for not winning. As with any team that does not win its a top to bottom failure to create and run a winning team. But lets just leave out that basketball is a team sport. Lets ignore that playoff success comes from depth. Leave out that its a total team effort needed to win. Yet when it comes to Melo, the fact he never had a well constructed deep team seems to be ignored. So I guess KP is just as bad for not even getting us into the playoffs with great players like Timmy, Noah, Lee and Frank.

And Linsanity is just a time where an average guy had a great run. The old underdog story. Made every YMCA homer believe that they had a shot at the NBA with their under handed jump shots and wild drives. Reason why so many liked him. Most act like we forced Michael Jordan out of NY. Or should I say Melo forced him out. By making him take that crappy contract in Houston. Cuz Lin was all about the NY fans and not the money. He definately proved us wrong that he was worth that contract. Btw, how does anyone say that Linsanity was about great TEAM ball? The kid had bigger blinders on than even Melo. Head down, drive to the basket mentality. Not exactly the quintessential PG.

Translation for you and jrodmc for everyone else.

If you cannot hold Melo accountable for EVERYTHING, then you can hold him accountable for NOTHING.

That is all that you and jrodmc are trying to push. What a childish insufferable and bull**** way to frame things.

Are all the Knicks failings happen because of Melo? No. Did Melo do everything possible to help the Knicks be the best they could be? No. A deep and glaring No.

As a "franchise player", you get all the glory if you win, and all the blame if you lose. This is how the process and system and game works. You can't have one without the other. Melo is not exempt from this.

The only takeaway I see is that you and jrodmc are not real Knicks fans. Because to rationalize what Melo did to hurt this team means you both would rather justify someone helping the team lose instead of win and then excusing it.

You are a Melo troll posing as a Knicks fan. You don't love this team. At all.

Did I casually leave out any obvious details here?

GTFOH! The point you just made above is what I am talking about and the point some of us argue. Real Knick fans, which I have been for many years, are not crying whining band wagon babies who want to blame ONE player for not fulfilling their ability to gain more respect at some sports bar. NOR are they LIN loving fan boys who are pretending to be Knick fans. Real Knick fans are very knowledgeable fans who know what it takes to put together a winning basketball team. They know what we had was close but not enough. Some even have experience competing and know it takes more than ONE player to have a good team, Most NY FANS also recognize the difference between watching a ****ty team coming in last place for years and watching a team thats competing in the playoffs. Funny how guys like you, Lin Lovers, have no answere when asked when was the last time since 2000 that we had a team that was not a joke? Answer..When Melo was brought over. Maybe you are acconstumed to coming is last but some us dont like it. We actually liked the years where we were competing for a playoff spot and not watching guys like you jacking off to Lin posters and other wannabbees, has beens and never were guys that this board loves to fall in love with.

BTW, When did I say Melo is not at fault? When did I say he had no weaknesses? Actually agreed that it was time to move on from Melo, with uncle Phil at the helm. Never thinking he would be dumb enough to give hinm a max with NTC. If you stopped focusing on hating Melo, you would ralize that I am arguing the decision to bring over a STAR, experience some success, gut the team because you do not believe in the system, and then give the PLAYER that does not represent the new system a new MAX deal with a NTC.

are you actually able to make a case FOR Melo or is everyone who holds Melo accountable for his poor play just another guy drizzling cum over Jeremy Lin posters? Its literally your go-to for every knock on Melo.
Yeah its weird because i dont recall anybody even mentioning lin for quite a while

Hofstra is not only a verifiable racist when it comes to Asians (it's there for all to see in a series of old posts) but he continues to think it's a fair insult to accuse someone of liking Lin -- a Harvard educated player and religious man who has certainly made the most of his opportunity which statistically speaking was slim to none

How he has remained on this board (not banned) or that people actually respond to him (feeding trolls) is a mystery to me

Perhaps because they disagree? Racist? Disliking Lin....racist. Funny thing is I actually like the circus freak that was Lin. Just dont like the three month Kncik fans who thought Melo, Knicks, ran him out of town and then started whinning/trolling about it on Knick boards all over. Is that racist?

fishmike Posts: 48006 Alba Posts: 1 Joined: 7/19/2002 Member: #298 USA 6/23/2016 12:35 PM fishmike worte" The dream? Would be Pg Rose SG GPII SF Durant PF Melo C Noah Bench: KP, Langston, KOQ, Clyde Frazier
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22762
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

5/24/2018  10:11 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I voted Korver - No brainer isn't it?


Yeah, just based off salaries. Production too....

Korver!! No I am serious.

fishmike Posts: 48006 Alba Posts: 1 Joined: 7/19/2002 Member: #298 USA 6/23/2016 12:35 PM fishmike worte" The dream? Would be Pg Rose SG GPII SF Durant PF Melo C Noah Bench: KP, Langston, KOQ, Clyde Frazier
fwk00
Posts: 20973
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/20/2015
Member: #6048

5/24/2018  11:17 PM
Melo or JR

JR, its a no-brainer

BigDaddyG
Posts: 26004
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/24/2018  11:58 PM
fwk00 wrote:Melo or JR

JR, its a no-brainer

Are you saying JR has no brains or that you'd take him over Melo lol

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
arkrud
Posts: 31080
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
5/25/2018  11:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2018  11:55 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Melo or JR

JR, its a no-brainer

Are you saying JR has no brains or that you'd take him over Melo lol

Who will take no-brains JR has no-brains himself...
And I like Melo - he has funny heats...

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
fwk00
Posts: 20973
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/20/2015
Member: #6048

5/26/2018  12:26 AM
arkrud wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Melo or JR

JR, its a no-brainer

Are you saying JR has no brains or that you'd take him over Melo lol

Who will take no-brains JR has no-brains himself...
And I like Melo - he has funny heats...

Melo is quite the comedian.

JR has rings and functional talent. Melo has neither.

jrodmc
Posts: 30844
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
5/31/2018  2:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/1/2018  11:43 AM
fwk00 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Melo or JR

JR, its a no-brainer

Are you saying JR has no brains or that you'd take him over Melo lol

Who will take no-brains JR has no-brains himself...
And I like Melo - he has funny heats...

Melo is quite the comedian.

JR has rings and functional talent. Melo has neither.

Nazr Mohammed has a ring too. So does Butch Beard. Maybe you think they're better than Melo.

JR's functional talents include shoving airborne people in the back as they go in for a layup. I'm guessing you have excellent reasons to prefer that particular talent.
Or maybe this:
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/6/1/17416320/j-r-smith-not-knowing-the-score-at-the-end-of-a-close-game-knicks-fans-have-been-here-before

I forgot about how funny untying shoes could be...

Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make the playoffs.
Carmelo Anthony will never start for an NBA playoff team again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.