fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:There is no reason to bring Melo back.
None. This is not a negative on him. We are young team, one with its star player recovering from an ACL.
Forget the negative stuff. He is not a mentoring type of player, not one that will go to the bench if need be.
At best he has a good scoring year and helps us win a few games but really whats the point. He won't go to the bench in OKC, he won't here.
This is just no basis to bring him back that coincides with our objectives.
I agree with this. He also wants to chase a ring and the Knicks are rebuilding. If he wanted to retire as a knick in a few years maybe you consider it at the deadline but the Knicks and Melo have both moved on. It was for the best for both parties. No reason to revisit him being on the team.

Ditto. If Melo hadnt made a soap opera about coming off the bench. If he had shown in OKC that he was willing to accept whatever role he was going to get for 28 million dollars, I might feel differently.

Teams have to wonder if Melo is going to complain at his age, while getting that kind of money, what will he do with a lot less?

That's a great pt.

The only team I see him coming off the bench is GS. Otherwise he will go to the only team that has a open starter position. I think N.Y......either knicks or nets.. ..will add him. His mouth cost him long term money. I don't think he's the analysis type....cant see him working for ESPN. His buddy Dolan might be his only life line......next to jumping on the LeBron train......whereever he goes.

Melo and Lin, together again?

As a player who has been interested in his brand (to say the least) not the smartest way to go out in your sunset years as a player.

Melo still has that stroke, if he gave up on his old game, and focused on being more of a Ray Allen type of player, Melo could extend his career. I dont know if his pride will let him.

Stretch 4 is exactly the role OKC gave him and he hated it and was poor at it

I do think he hated it but the one thing you heard about Melo from reporters that covered the team closely was that he did not complain about his role during the season and was a very good teammate. His comments at the end of the season certainly indicate that he did not like the role. I watched them the most in the playoffs and liked their team a lot with Grant in and Melo out. But in Melo's defense, I couldn't see an offense being run with OKC. A team with a more structured offense and more of a distributor at the point might help him be more effective in a stretch four role. As Gustav said though, his pride might not let him take on that role.
Not sure if I am remembering right but did Melo play better paired with Felton?

LOL - Now Melo needs a structured offense. Can't make this **** up!! Ain't Karma a bi+ch!

No. you can't make this stuff up. Melo is a piece of work, call it co-cooperatively incompetent.

The Phil years were lost opportunities that will never come back for him. The system he seeks is in China and even there, he may not ever be as big as Marbs.

Yes, opportunities to play with Langston Galloway, Lunch Pail Lou, Jimmer Fredette and the host of other brilliant stars that brought you a 17 win season. Yes, the opportunities Phil provided were always pure gold. Idiot IncompeMelotent, why couldn't he capitalize on that fabulous $60 million dollar pair of feet? Any other HOF player would have won multiple chips by now...

INCOMPEMELOTENT!! Fascinating!!
Very droll, Einstein. Very droll.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

5/14/2018  9:59 PM
jrodmc wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
None. This is not a negative on him. We are young team, one with its star player recovering from an ACL.
Forget the negative stuff. He is not a mentoring type of player, not one that will go to the bench if need be.
At best he has a good scoring year and helps us win a few games but really whats the point. He won't go to the bench in OKC, he won't here.
I agree with this. He also wants to chase a ring and the Knicks are rebuilding. If he wanted to retire as a knick in a few years maybe you consider it at the deadline but the Knicks and Melo have both moved on. It was for the best for both parties. No reason to revisit him being on the team.

Ditto. If Melo hadnt made a soap opera about coming off the bench. If he had shown in OKC that he was willing to accept whatever role he was going to get for 28 million dollars, I might feel differently.

Teams have to wonder if Melo is going to complain at his age, while getting that kind of money, what will he do with a lot less?

That's a great pt.

The only team I see him coming off the bench is GS. Otherwise he will go to the only team that has a open starter position. I think N.Y......either knicks or nets.. ..will add him. His mouth cost him long term money. I don't think he's the analysis type....cant see him working for ESPN. His buddy Dolan might be his only life line......next to jumping on the LeBron train......whereever he goes.

As a player who has been interested in his brand (to say the least) not the smartest way to go out in your sunset years as a player.

Melo still has that stroke, if he gave up on his old game, and focused on being more of a Ray Allen type of player, Melo could extend his career. I dont know if his pride will let him.

I do think he hated it but the one thing you heard about Melo from reporters that covered the team closely was that he did not complain about his role during the season and was a very good teammate. His comments at the end of the season certainly indicate that he did not like the role. I watched them the most in the playoffs and liked their team a lot with Grant in and Melo out. But in Melo's defense, I couldn't see an offense being run with OKC. A team with a more structured offense and more of a distributor at the point might help him be more effective in a stretch four role. As Gustav said though, his pride might not let him take on that role.

LOL - Now Melo needs a structured offense. Can't make this **** up!! Ain't Karma a bi+ch!

No. you can't make this stuff up. Melo is a piece of work, call it co-cooperatively incompetent.

The Phil years were lost opportunities that will never come back for him. The system he seeks is in China and even there, he may not ever be as big as Marbs.

Yes, opportunities to play with Langston Galloway, Lunch Pail Lou, Jimmer Fredette and the host of other brilliant stars that brought you a 17 win season. Yes, the opportunities Phil provided were always pure gold. Idiot IncompeMelotent, why couldn't he capitalize on that fabulous $60 million dollar pair of feet? Any other HOF player would have won multiple chips by now...

Yeah, I guess we'll never know how far he'd go surrounded by chumps like Westbrook, Adams, George.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/16/2018  12:38 PM
fwk00 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

Yeah, I guess we'll never know how far he'd go surrounded by chumps like Westbrook, Adams, George.

Yeah, 8 years later...
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

5/16/2018  4:47 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

Did you watch OKC at all or listen to any analysis on their offense?
“There’s an increasing number of people around the league who think the Thunder should look at trading Westbrook,” Lowe says. “To be clear, not a report. Not Thunder sources think they should do this. Just in spitballing ideas with teams around the league, there’s a number of people who have heard, just like, ‘It’s time for something to change here.'”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/05/nba-rumors-increasing-belief-thunder-should-trade-russell-westbrook/

Is this your thread?
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=41661&page=1

No dear. My point wasn't about OKC's offense. Did you try to comprehend what I wrote before posting your usual garbage? What I said was it's pretty funny that Melo now needs a structured offense after having refused to participate in one for his entire career. Get it?

Then again you have never been the sharpest tack in the box.... (Melo fans.. Bleah!) 😤😤

I am not a Melo fan, I am a Knick fan. I hated Melo when he was a Nugget and I didn't like the trade when it happened. But I absolutely will root for a guy in a Knick uniform when he is a Knick. My issue is with guys that would rather not have the Knick team have success if it meant Melo was being featured like he was back when Woodson took over. So I'll ask again, is this your thread?

You blamed every aspect of the Knicks organization from coaches, to GMs, to the owner, to other players, to fans and the media and everything else inbetween over and over again for years in order to find every possible excuse to apologize for Melo. Knicks fan my ass.

Thanks for clearing things up about thread. It explains a lot.

Like I said, not the sharpest tack in the box. It doesn't matter what anybody is talking about, to you the conversation always boils down to a noun, a verb and 9/11. Good times.

I am glad you found what you were looking for, happy to help!

Bro, just tell him about your Lin poster in your room. Stop hiding the real reason you hate Melo. Reason why you get so emotional when challenged on him. If Crush, the most sensible and well informed poster on here, gets under your skin, then maybe I am wrong and its not just Lins poster you have on your bedroom wall.

I think you may be right though. It was Melos fault we went from 54 wins to several crappy rebuild years. And if he had not pushed Lin out we would have won at least 3 chips. I mean look at how Lin went on to transform Houston, Lakers, Charlotte and Brooklyn to Champions.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

5/16/2018  4:54 PM
fwk00 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

Thought this was about when he was 27, winning 54 games and competing for MVP? Who here is saying he can do so at 33? Most that defended Melo, reminded people that we had no one else here to help him and that the FP failed to make the right additions to build on the 54 win season. Funny how some on here talk about how we are years away for having a team to compete in spite of having our Unicorn and several young assets. Yet going from irrevelant for more than 12 years to adding ONE guy and not winning a chio is that ONE guys fault.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/17/2018  11:56 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

Thought this was about when he was 27, winning 54 games and competing for MVP? Who here is saying he can do so at 33? Most that defended Melo, reminded people that we had no one else here to help him and that the FP failed to make the right additions to build on the 54 win season. Funny how some on here talk about how we are years away for having a team to compete in spite of having our Unicorn and several young assets. Yet going from irrevelant for more than 12 years to adding ONE guy and not winning a chio is that ONE guys fault.

how about just faulting Melo for the fact that once the playoffs start the style of play he's refused to move away from simply doesnt work. Where does that fault lie? On the roster?

Melo is a HOF scorer, like Nique.
Melo gets points, very useful for winning regular season games.
Melo has been dogged his whole career by criticisms for lack of passing and defense. Fair or not?
Melo's calling card is a scorer. Yet his scoring come playoff time is abysmal.
TS% .542 vs .510
FG% .449 vs. .415
3FG% .347 vs. 309

Melo on OKC with Westbrook/Adams/PG this year:
5-13
6-18
6-10
5-18
2-6
3-7

Melo's playoffs after the 54 win season
13-29 (vs. Bos)
11-24
12-25
10-35 L
8-24 L
7-23
-----
10-28 (vs. Ind)
13-26
6-16 L
9-23 L
12-28
15-29 L

Melo lobbyists will say he never had any help. Unless the discussion shifts to "Melo doesnt make guys better." At which point the lobbyists will switch gears and remind us of Felton's career season, JR's 6th man award and Tyson's DPOY as well as getting guys like Novak and Copeland along the way.

Of course the favorite player for the Melo lobbyists to attack is Lin. The problem is the point is totally missed. What made Linsanity so exciting was less Lin himself and much much MORE the style of play. Team ball, ball movement, ball sharing, floor spacing and uptempo vs. walk it up, hold the ball and go ISO for contested jumpers.

Linsanity was a style of play. Team ball. Move it. Get the best shot. You know... the kind of play that is dominating the NBA and employed by the elite teams.

How this topic remains alive is cute. Its not enough that Melo was just a good player and certainly the biggest part of the one good blip of basketball we have seen here in the last 10 years. However that is all he was. Melo is a HOF scorer. His faults are self evident. He has refused to adapt and still clings to a higher opinion of his shot than anyone else. Is what it is.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/17/2018  2:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2018  2:01 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

how about just faulting Melo for the fact that once the playoffs start the style of play he's refused to move away from simply doesnt work. Where does that fault lie? On the roster?

Melo has been dogged his whole career by criticisms for lack of passing and defense. Fair or not?
TS% .542 vs .510
FG% .449 vs. .415
3FG% .347 vs. 309

5-13
6-18
6-10
5-18
2-6
3-7

13-29 (vs. Bos)
11-24
12-25
10-35 L
8-24 L
7-23
-----
10-28 (vs. Ind)
13-26
6-16 L
9-23 L
12-28
15-29 L

Melo lobbyists will say he never had any help. Unless the discussion shifts to "Melo doesnt make guys better." At which point the lobbyists will switch gears and remind us of Felton's career season, JR's 6th man award and Tyson's DPOY as well as getting guys like Novak and Copeland along the way.

Of course the favorite player for the Melo lobbyists to attack is Lin. The problem is the point is totally missed. What made Linsanity so exciting was less Lin himself and much much MORE the style of play. Team ball, ball movement, ball sharing, floor spacing and uptempo vs. walk it up, hold the ball and go ISO for contested jumpers.

Linsanity was a style of play. Team ball. Move it. Get the best shot. You know... the kind of play that is dominating the NBA and employed by the elite teams.

How this topic remains alive is cute. Its not enough that Melo was just a good player and certainly the biggest part of the one good blip of basketball we have seen here in the last 10 years. However that is all he was. Melo is a HOF scorer. His faults are self evident. He has refused to adapt and still clings to a higher opinion of his shot than anyone else. Is what it is.

Very Good Post. I agree this topic is kinda redundant now. But the fact is Melo is what he is. He is/was a dynamic scorer but just not a great overall player and not the type of player that could make the team around him good enough to go far into the playoffs. thats not a knock on him its just how it is. I dont blame him for OKC failing this year BUT it does sshow that even playing with 2 superior players he still couldnt go far in the playoffs. anyway im glad the knicks have moved on from it
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/17/2018  4:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2018  4:36 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

TS% .542 vs .510
FG% .449 vs. .415
3FG% .347 vs. 309

5-13
6-18
6-10
5-18
2-6
3-7

13-29 (vs. Bos)
11-24
12-25
10-35 L
8-24 L
7-23
-----
10-28 (vs. Ind)
13-26
6-16 L
9-23 L
12-28
15-29 L

And of course the Haters-Not-Really-Haters-Just-Passionate-True-Knick-Fans are quick to point out that Melo doesn't play defense, and never passes. Except when he leads the team in assists for a season. And the few moments he does give effort on defense. He just didn't do it consistently. Or enough. Or actually, at all. And I've yet to hear how or why someone tried to explain how Melo made JR SMOTY, or FluTyson as DPOY. All I really ever read on here is how Melo kills coaches, ran LinChrist out of town. All I've got is some stupid Latvian unicorn who stated that he liked playing with the cancerous douche, and our newly knighted Draymond Green expressing in print that the isoDinosaur team killing primadona was a great teammate. But what the hell is that worth? Much better to place faith in the incessant ramblings of those on the internet who know better.

The whole Linsanity thing is terribly interesting, because these same I-Never-Hated-Meloists don't bother to point out how Linsanity, that shiningly bright two weeks of eternal flash in the pandom, featured our boy Jeremy getting lit up like a christmas tree several times by Deron Williams and others. But let's concentrate on ball movement and the happy nerd handshake memories we had with Landry Fields. Good times.

But enough already, Me70's not a Knick, story over. He's gone, and I'm continually amazed at the cuteness of the fact that the posters on here who hated him most are the ones starting all the Melo threads.

Great stats, by the way. Why didn't you put some of that great ball movement, Bay Area offensive playoff stats of Lin as a Knick while you're at it? Oh yeah, that's right. There are none.

Chris Copeland??? For ****in real?

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/17/2018  7:09 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

“There’s an increasing number of people around the league who think the Thunder should look at trading Westbrook,” Lowe says. “To be clear, not a report. Not Thunder sources think they should do this. Just in spitballing ideas with teams around the league, there’s a number of people who have heard, just like, ‘It’s time for something to change here.'”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/05/nba-rumors-increasing-belief-thunder-should-trade-russell-westbrook/

Is this your thread?

No dear. My point wasn't about OKC's offense. Did you try to comprehend what I wrote before posting your usual garbage? What I said was it's pretty funny that Melo now needs a structured offense after having refused to participate in one for his entire career. Get it?

Then again you have never been the sharpest tack in the box.... (Melo fans.. Bleah!) 😤😤

I am not a Melo fan, I am a Knick fan. I hated Melo when he was a Nugget and I didn't like the trade when it happened. But I absolutely will root for a guy in a Knick uniform when he is a Knick. My issue is with guys that would rather not have the Knick team have success if it meant Melo was being featured like he was back when Woodson took over. So I'll ask again, is this your thread?

You blamed every aspect of the Knicks organization from coaches, to GMs, to the owner, to other players, to fans and the media and everything else inbetween over and over again for years in order to find every possible excuse to apologize for Melo. Knicks fan my ass.

Like I said, not the sharpest tack in the box. It doesn't matter what anybody is talking about, to you the conversation always boils down to a noun, a verb and 9/11. Good times.

Bro, just tell him about your Lin poster in your room. Stop hiding the real reason you hate Melo. Reason why you get so emotional when challenged on him. If Crush, the most sensible and well informed poster on here, gets under your skin, then maybe I am wrong and its not just Lins poster you have on your bedroom wall.

I think you may be right though. It was Melos fault we went from 54 wins to several crappy rebuild years. And if he had not pushed Lin out we would have won at least 3 chips. I mean look at how Lin went on to transform Houston, Lakers, Charlotte and Brooklyn to Champions.

Bro?? Really?? Awwwww that's so sweet.
I got emotional? Crush gets all misty eyed whenever I mention Melo, maybe he has a Crush on him?
Crush brings up his phantom thread and you bring up Lin? That all you got? Revenge of the Melo fans? Y'all need to recruit Einstein as well. I mean please add more to bull**** to your speil, it's fascinating.

Hide? I am easy to find, Bro! (LOL)

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/17/2018  7:39 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

Is this your thread?

I got emotional? Crush gets all misty eyed whenever I mention Melo, maybe he has a Crush on him?
Crush brings up his phantom thread and you bring up Lin? That all you got? Revenge of the Melo fans? Y'all need to recruit Einstein as well. I mean please add more to bull**** to your speil, it's fascinating.

It isn't a phantom thread. It was someone that wasn't enjoying the Knicks winning because Melo was playing well, and Woodson was coaching. After years of losing, someone telling others to tone down their enjoyment with winning was pretty messed up in my opinion. It was smart of you to come back with a different user name but you post the same stuff and refer to things that happened on this forum long before your current user name was in use on here. If the Knicks went 18-5 after adding Mudiay would you be happy they were winning or pissed that Mudiay was starting over Frank?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

5/17/2018  9:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2018  9:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

Is this your thread?

It isn't a phantom thread. It was someone that wasn't enjoying the Knicks winning because Melo was playing well, and Woodson was coaching. After years of losing, someone telling others to tone down their enjoyment with winning was pretty messed up in my opinion. It was smart of you to come back with a different user name but you post the same stuff and refer to things that happened on this forum long before your current user name was in use on here. If the Knicks went 18-5 after adding Mudiay would you be happy they were winning or pissed that Mudiay was starting over Frank?

Someone telling you to "tone down your enjoyment because Melo was winning?" Is that it? Your precious little feelings for Melo were hurt? And you held the grudge for 15 years? This is why a grown ass man actively trolls me on every thread? Are you serious?

I am at a loss for words (and trust me this doesn't happen very often). Sounds like you take your posting and your "position" here waaay too seriously. It's an internet forum for basketball and sometime politics - but I don't see you discussing basketball or politics. In fact I don't see you contributing anythng original at all. All you do is post opinion pieces and hatchet jobs that you call "articles" and a bucnh of tweets. I don't see you add anything of value, any original thought or content of your own on any topic of any kind. And it's entirely possible I have missed some of your posts - I don't claim to read everything. But a lot of people bring their own thoughts, analysis etc. As far as I can tell you bring nothing. When you are not linking to something you are regurgitating the same thing from something you linked to before. But that's your prerogative and this isn't criticism, I guess I just don't understand you or your motivation. And your lack of independent thought/imagination leaves me mystified. - BTW this stuff is just my opinion based on reading your posts. I have no special insight into your character. You may well be the life of the party everywhere you go.

CrushAlot
USA
5/17/2018  10:10 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

Is this your thread?

Someone telling you to "tone down your enjoyment because Melo was winning?" Is that it? Your precious little feelings for Melo were hurt? And you held the grudge for 15 years? This is why a grown ass man actively trolls me on every thread? Are you serious?

I am at a loss for words (and trust me this doesn't happen very often). Sounds like you take your posting and your "position" here waaay too seriously. It's an internet forum for basketball and sometime politics - but I don't see you discussing basketball or politics. In fact I don't see you contributing anythng original at all. All you do is post opinion pieces and hatchet jobs that you call "articles" and a bucnh of tweets. I don't see you add anything of value, any original thought or content of your own on any topic of any kind. And it's entirely possible I have missed some of your posts - I don't claim to read everything. But a lot of people bring their own thoughts, analysis etc. As far as I can tell you bring nothing. When you are not linking to something you are regurgitating the same thing from something you linked to before. But that's your prerogative and this isn't criticism, I guess I just don't understand you or your motivation. And your lack of independent thought/imagination leaves me mystified. - BTW this stuff is just my opinion based on reading your posts. I have no special insight into your character. You may well be the life of the party everywhere you go.

You are right you missed something.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/17/2018  10:47 PM
I was a Melo hater. He quit on MDA and killed any chance of the modern uptempo ball you are seeing now. I stopped being a hater during the 54 win season. He was an MVP caliber player that year. It was so much fun, I watched every game and felt like every night you were gonna win or at least be entertained by JR trying. And thats it. 7 whatever years of his time here there was one great season with a 2nd round exit to a lower seed. Melo... who's next? Man I am praying Fizdale and co can keep us away from this type of thing in the future
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
meloshouldgo

5/17/2018  10:52 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

TS% .542 vs .510
FG% .449 vs. .415
3FG% .347 vs. 309

5-13
6-18
6-10
5-18
2-6
3-7

13-29 (vs. Bos)
11-24
12-25
10-35 L
8-24 L
7-23
-----
10-28 (vs. Ind)
13-26
6-16 L
9-23 L
12-28
15-29 L

This is completely fair breakdown.

mlby1215
Member: #6486

5/18/2018  3:21 PM
Everyday I remember how we kicked away Phil Jackson for this gentleman and then he didn't want to be a knick anymore. So we did it for Steve Mills?
CrushAlot
USA
5/18/2018  4:51 PM
mlby1215 wrote:Everyday I remember how we kicked away Phil Jackson for this gentleman and then he didn't want to be a knick anymore. So we did it for Steve Mills?
Job performance had nothing to do with Phil being kicked away?
fwk00
Member: #6048

5/18/2018  6:46 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

TS% .542 vs .510
FG% .449 vs. .415
3FG% .347 vs. 309

5-13
6-18
6-10
5-18
2-6
3-7

13-29 (vs. Bos)
11-24
12-25
10-35 L
8-24 L
7-23
-----
10-28 (vs. Ind)
13-26
6-16 L
9-23 L
12-28
15-29 L

Very nice analysis of Melo the player.

But he was much more than a blip. He was a disingenuous cancer. He negotiated a contract with Phil who in good faith expected Melo to conform to a system that had proven to win championships. The resulting behavior not only proved to be a wasted money-pit but Phil being the ethical half of the deal attempted to build around Melo until the very end.

Trash is what it is.

CrushAlot
USA
5/18/2018  6:57 PM
fwk00 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

TS% .542 vs .510
FG% .449 vs. .415
3FG% .347 vs. 309

5-13
6-18
6-10
5-18
2-6
3-7

13-29 (vs. Bos)
11-24
12-25
10-35 L
8-24 L
7-23
-----
10-28 (vs. Ind)
13-26
6-16 L
9-23 L
12-28
15-29 L

Very nice analysis of Melo the player.

But he was much more than a blip. He was a disingenuous cancer. He negotiated a contract with Phil who in good faith expected Melo to conform to a system that had proven to win championships. The resulting behavior not only proved to be a wasted money-pit but Phil being the ethical half of the deal attempted to build around Melo until the very end.

Trash is what it is.

Phil gave out the worst contract in sports to Melo. When bad contracts are given out that is on the player? Guys don't get a ntc and 15 mil trade kickers. Who was Phil competing with for Melo to give up all of that? Also, Melo did give the Knicks a year of Dad Melo. Unfortunately, Phil fired Derek Fisher and brought in Rambis that year. At least he signed Rolo. Not much else to speak positively about in regards to management that season. Hard to believe Perry was able to get out from under the deal Phil gave to Melo. Too bad ethical Phil gave Noah the second worst contract in sports.
HofstraBBall

5/18/2018  10:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2018  10:38 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

TS% .542 vs .510
FG% .449 vs. .415
3FG% .347 vs. 309

5-13
6-18
6-10
5-18
2-6
3-7

13-29 (vs. Bos)
11-24
12-25
10-35 L
8-24 L
7-23
-----
10-28 (vs. Ind)
13-26
6-16 L
9-23 L
12-28
15-29 L

A bit strange how you are all about the details yet when you are trying to make a point you casually leave out obvious details. You fail to metnion how playoff basketball is slightly differen than regular season. Teams that dont have depth get exposed. Teams with only one or two good players double team the good players and force the bad players to beat them. When teams where playing against the Melo Knicks, who did they focus all their defensive efforts on? Who did they Double teams? And your telling me that shooting 40% against Boston and 43% against Indy, when he had NO ONE to share the offensive load, is bad? Btw, like the way you included this year with OKC. Thought we were talking about faulting him during his better years in NYC. Not wjen he is a 33 year old relagated to the corner to shoot threes. But think you know that but needed to sneak that in to make your point more valid.

Bringing up players he played with is not "Lobbying". Its just plain facts. And the main point for guys that claim it was never ONE guys fault for not winning. As with any team that does not win its a top to bottom failure to create and run a winning team. But lets just leave out that basketball is a team sport. Lets ignore that playoff success comes from depth. Leave out that its a total team effort needed to win. Yet when it comes to Melo, the fact he never had a well constructed deep team seems to be ignored. So I guess KP is just as bad for not even getting us into the playoffs with great players like Timmy, Noah, Lee and Frank.

And Linsanity is just a time where an average guy had a great run. The old underdog story. Made every YMCA homer believe that they had a shot at the NBA with their under handed jump shots and wild drives. Reason why so many liked him. Most act like we forced Michael Jordan out of NY. Or should I say Melo forced him out. By making him take that crappy contract in Houston. Cuz Lin was all about the NY fans and not the money. He definately proved us wrong that he was worth that contract. Btw, how does anyone say that Linsanity was about great TEAM ball? The kid had bigger blinders on than even Melo. Head down, drive to the basket mentality. Not exactly the quintessential PG.

HofstraBBall

5/18/2018  10:46 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

Is this your thread?

Bro, think you have inhaled a bit too much dust. Take a deep breath.
Dunno why the hate for Crush? Did he hurt your feelings?
There is only one guy on these boards that gets emotional about Melo. And that guy is you.
Btw...The only reason we bring up Lin is because if we didnt, NO ONE else in the world would be talking about him.
Except barbers.

Carmelo Anthony will never start for an NBA playoff team again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy