Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
5/7/2018  2:16 PM
franco12 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:Bring Melo back....

BAN

Off the bench would be kind of funny, considering.

I would be happy to trade Noah and Lee for Melo - and then let him stink it up next year as we tank - or just buy him out.

If OKC buys him out, aren't they stuck with that money on their cap? So that locks them out for a year.

Lee & Noah - probably not the best they could do. Who knows - maybe we can include Kanter in a S&T.

But the bigger question which the video above touched on- is Melo on an NBA roster next season? He should talk to Marbury about China! Good for your brand Melo!

We need s SF....and melo will have a hard time attaching another team. After his buyout and when okc throw melo in the dumpster....we can go trash hunting for cheep labor. Convince Melo that he has a future if he accepts a bench role in NYC

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/7/2018  2:34 PM
blkexec wrote:
franco12 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:Bring Melo back....

BAN

Off the bench would be kind of funny, considering.

I would be happy to trade Noah and Lee for Melo - and then let him stink it up next year as we tank - or just buy him out.

If OKC buys him out, aren't they stuck with that money on their cap? So that locks them out for a year.

Lee & Noah - probably not the best they could do. Who knows - maybe we can include Kanter in a S&T.

But the bigger question which the video above touched on- is Melo on an NBA roster next season? He should talk to Marbury about China! Good for your brand Melo!

We need s SF....and melo will have a hard time attaching another team. After his buyout and when okc throw melo in the dumpster....we can go trash hunting for cheep labor. Convince Melo that he has a future if he accepts a bench role in NYC

I only want Melo back if it means freeing up future cap space- and I'd probably buy him out to remove drama.

Look - Melo was a great player. I don't know if he has worked out to stay fit or had nagging injuries or too many miles on his body- but he looks finished.

I don't see any team signing him at the vet minimum. If you, seriously, I'd love to know who you think would.

Barring some miraculous change- and he could have been put off in OKC and dogging it- he is at best a 7th or 8th man in a rotation.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2018  3:03 PM
There is no reason to bring Melo back.
None. This is not a negative on him. We are young team, one with its star player recovering from an ACL.
Forget the negative stuff. He is not a mentoring type of player, not one that will go to the bench if need be.
At best he has a good scoring year and helps us win a few games but really whats the point. He won't go to the bench in OKC, he won't here.
This is just no basis to bring him back that coincides with our objectives.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/7/2018  4:06 PM
Nalod wrote:There is no reason to bring Melo back.
None. This is not a negative on him. We are young team, one with its star player recovering from an ACL.
Forget the negative stuff. He is not a mentoring type of player, not one that will go to the bench if need be.
At best he has a good scoring year and helps us win a few games but really whats the point. He won't go to the bench in OKC, he won't here.
I agree with this. He also wants to chase a ring and the Knicks are rebuilding. If he wanted to retire as a knick in a few years maybe you consider it at the deadline but the Knicks and Melo have both moved on. It was for the best for both parties. No reason to revisit him being on the team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/7/2018  4:58 PM
It will be interesting where Melo ends up. His negative attitude towards transitioning to a different role will really limit his options. He just needs to accept he is not the same player but can still be effected in a different role. He compares his career too much to Lebron, which hurts him too.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/7/2018  5:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
I agree with this. He also wants to chase a ring and the Knicks are rebuilding. If he wanted to retire as a knick in a few years maybe you consider it at the deadline but the Knicks and Melo have both moved on. It was for the best for both parties. No reason to revisit him being on the team.

Ditto. If Melo hadnt made a soap opera about coming off the bench. If he had shown in OKC that he was willing to accept whatever role he was going to get for 28 million dollars, I might feel differently.

Teams have to wonder if Melo is going to complain at his age, while getting that kind of money, what will he do with a lot less?

blkexec
Member: #748
5/7/2018  5:51 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Ditto. If Melo hadnt made a soap opera about coming off the bench. If he had shown in OKC that he was willing to accept whatever role he was going to get for 28 million dollars, I might feel differently.

Teams have to wonder if Melo is going to complain at his age, while getting that kind of money, what will he do with a lot less?

That's a great pt.

The only team I see him coming off the bench is GS. Otherwise he will go to the only team that has a open starter position. I think N.Y......either knicks or nets.. ..will add him. His mouth cost him long term money. I don't think he's the analysis type....cant see him working for ESPN. His buddy Dolan might be his only life line......next to jumping on the LeBron train......whereever he goes.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/7/2018  6:10 PM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

The only team I see him coming off the bench is GS. Otherwise he will go to the only team that has a open starter position. I think N.Y......either knicks or nets.. ..will add him. His mouth cost him long term money. I don't think he's the analysis type....cant see him working for ESPN. His buddy Dolan might be his only life line......next to jumping on the LeBron train......whereever he goes.

GS would NEVER want Melo on their team. Never

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
5/7/2018  6:32 PM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

I don't think the Knicks bring him back and I am hoping Dolan is not a part of the decision making process in regards to the roster. He certainly isn't 25 or younger.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/7/2018  6:54 PM
LOL - Of all the straight up dumbass things the Knicks could do, bringing back Melo has to rank right up there with re-hiring Isiah Thomas. Unless he signs for $1 on a 10 day contract, yeah he can have another NTC and we can assign him where he belongs, in the G-league.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler

5/7/2018  8:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/7/2018  8:17 PM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

Melo and Lin, together again?

As a player who has been interested in his brand (to say the least) not the smartest way to go out in your sunset years as a player.

Melo still has that stroke, if he gave up on his old game, and focused on being more of a Ray Allen type of player, Melo could extend his career. I dont know if his pride will let him.

martin
USA
5/7/2018  8:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

As a player who has been interested in his brand (to say the least) not the smartest way to go out in your sunset years as a player.

Melo still has that stroke, if he gave up on his old game, and focused on being more of a Ray Allen type of player, Melo could extend his career. I dont know if his pride will let him.

Stretch 4 is exactly the role OKC gave him and he hated it and was poor at it

CrushAlot
USA
5/7/2018  9:00 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

I do think he hated it but the one thing you heard about Melo from reporters that covered the team closely was that he did not complain about his role during the season and was a very good teammate. His comments at the end of the season certainly indicate that he did not like the role. I watched them the most in the playoffs and liked their team a lot with Grant in and Melo out. But in Melo's defense, I couldn't see an offense being run with OKC. A team with a more structured offense and more of a distributor at the point might help him be more effective in a stretch four role. As Gustav said though, his pride might not let him take on that role.
Not sure if I am remembering right but did Melo play better paired with Felton?
GustavBahler

5/7/2018  10:00 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a great pt.

I know. After a lifetime of playing mostly ISO ball, I would expect the transition to take some time, like a season. Its a different game.

There was a story that Melo misread the playoff schedule and showed up at the arena a couple of hours early. Instead of using the time to work on his stroke, he went back home. Wade and LeBron would have stayed. Thats why they will be first ballot HOFers, and Melo wont.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/8/2018  9:55 AM
wonder if he ends up in Houston after all -- poor Mike D'Antoni
(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/8/2018  10:00 AM
Chandler wrote:wonder if he ends up in Houston after all -- poor Mike D'Antoni

Im thinking not unless he is very clear on his role and the parameters of it.
Fact is He'll have to get bought out or Anderson is included in the deal. OKC might have to do that.
Melo is a diva but he is not evil. If he is bought out he will be signed for small amount and if he brings his "MeloDrama", he gets cut.
He needs to go to the Gleague and be "Humbled"!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/8/2018  11:01 AM
Chandler wrote:wonder if he ends up in Houston after all -- poor Mike D'Antoni

I doubt it. I think he made it clear this year that he doesn't move the needle for a team like that.

martin
USA
5/8/2018  3:37 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Knixkik wrote:It will be interesting where Melo ends up. His negative attitude towards transitioning to a different role will really limit his options. He just needs to accept he is not the same player but can still be effected in a different role. He compares his career too much to Lebron, which hurts him too.

He can shoot the three point shot at least at a league average rate. His poor shooting this year is a factor, but you have to look across his entire career. Yes, he's a shotjacker/chucker and his shot selection is putrid. But for the vet minimum, he's a bargain. I think he can get better than that, even in a cap locked market situation.

If, and a huge IF, he opted out, plenty of teams would give him a four year deal simply for the marketing push it would bring. Not a max four year deal, but a 4/48 or a 4/60 or a 4/40 type of deal.

He can no longer consistently create his own shot, but can still do it enough where he needs to be covered all the time. Since he's a future HOFer and an Olympian and a CAA client, it means he will still get a ton of free contact/some ref calls in his favor.

Saying no team will want him is a bit nuts. At the vets minimum, he could be useful. Very useful.

And I say this as someone who thinks he's an idiot and the opposite of anything pure about the game in terms of team work and fundamentals.

Which teams? I'd like to know which teams would commit to Melo for 4 years.

BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
5/8/2018  10:52 PM
If only we could bring back Melo under the tutelage of Cap'n Zeke....

Oh, nevermind.

https:// It's not so hard.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/9/2018  9:02 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
martin wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Knixkik wrote:It will be interesting where Melo ends up. His negative attitude towards transitioning to a different role will really limit his options. He just needs to accept he is not the same player but can still be effected in a different role. He compares his career too much to Lebron, which hurts him too.

He can shoot the three point shot at least at a league average rate. His poor shooting this year is a factor, but you have to look across his entire career. Yes, he's a shotjacker/chucker and his shot selection is putrid. But for the vet minimum, he's a bargain. I think he can get better than that, even in a cap locked market situation.

If, and a huge IF, he opted out, plenty of teams would give him a four year deal simply for the marketing push it would bring. Not a max four year deal, but a 4/48 or a 4/60 or a 4/40 type of deal.

He can no longer consistently create his own shot, but can still do it enough where he needs to be covered all the time. Since he's a future HOFer and an Olympian and a CAA client, it means he will still get a ton of free contact/some ref calls in his favor.

Saying no team will want him is a bit nuts. At the vets minimum, he could be useful. Very useful.

And I say this as someone who thinks he's an idiot and the opposite of anything pure about the game in terms of team work and fundamentals.

Which teams? I'd like to know which teams would commit to Melo for 4 years.

To clarify to start, I'll say again, teams would be willing to commit, I wouldn't say Melo would want to commit to them back.

If he signed for 4/40 ( Which he would never do), the Hawks wouldn't blink and would sign him. They have the worst attendance in the league and have cap space this offseason. Would it help their marketing push across the bottom line? I honestly doubt it, but the team actually has to try to do something.

He'd be better off opting in, taking his 28 million, getting a buyout, try to ring chase for the vets minimum and try to rehab his value a little to try to get a three year deal next offseason.

If his AAV would be low enough, the Clippers would sign him for four years. The location would fit his stupid branding issue and with Jordan leaving and Griffin and Paul already gone, they need some kind of marketing face for the franchise.

LeBron James is an idiot and has a history of overpaying power forwards who can't play defense. Anywhere he goes is a threat to sign Melo to a poor market based deal.

If the AAV is low enough, the Heat and Mavericks would play ball as well. Both have established coaches and systems that have proven to take wayward players and give them another chance.

The Knicks are a CASH RICH team. They don't have a problem selling tickets. This is not true for much of the NBA around them. I think fans here sometimes forget that. No, he's not the player he used to be, but he has lingering name recognition. That still has marketing value. With Melo comes the full weight of Creative Artist Agency and Leon Rose as well.

In his case, the length of his deal would be relative to his AAV. The lower the AAV, the more teams would go into play. If he was willing to sign for 4/32, half the league would have interest. I'm not one to defend Melo, because he is a truly toxic type player for team basketball, but playing with Russell Westbrook is not easy for anyone.

And Yes, at the vets minimum, the Warriors would take him if they had an open roster spot and could manager their center situation early in the offseason. They are one of the few teams that could hide him defensively.

He can shoot long range and can create his own shot sometimes. That's not enough to help true team basketball but not every team is going to think that way. Some just want to make any move to try to get traction. Some GMs are going to try to do anything to save their jobs. Some ownerships will just want more ticket sales.

There is just too much talent scarcity around the league in general for Melo's value to be completely shot, even with a putrid year like this one.

Never kick the dog when it's down has suddenly never seemed so poignantly true... I never thought I would see the day... Melo actually being cited for some sort of value, even if it's just name recognition and agency connections. Poor Melo, he had to play with Westbrook... LMAO ... The wheel has turned completely.

Melo doesn't chase rings. If he did, he wouldn't have come here, or waive an NTC to go deteriorate further with an insanely ball dominant stat chaser like Westbrook.

Would the hated, toxic, cancerous, team-malignancy, No-D, No-pass prodigal return? Could the fabric of the universe even withstand that?

Then LeQ signs for the rest of Dolan's checkbook for one year? And KP gets some sort of cellular regeneration therapy and plays this upcoming season? Although what would that do to Clyde's credibility? The drama... Pseudo Elite Starphucquing ...

Carmelo Anthony will never start for an NBA playoff team again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy