5/3/2018  11:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/3/2018  11:53 AM

poor Melo

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
5/3/2018  2:43 PM
Bring Melo back....
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/3/2018  4:33 PM
blkexec wrote:Bring Melo back....

BAN

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/3/2018  4:36 PM
martin wrote:

BAN

Off the bench would be kind of funny, considering.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/3/2018  5:22 PM
Presti is hurting Carmelo's trade value.

On a separate but related note, anyone else thinking Presti has lost his magic, or at a minimum his organization should ban him from trades?

he definitely got major points for not flubbing Durant, Harden, Westbrook picks and a host of others. Very good at draft (though not perfect)

BUT
sold Harden short, because he was worried about Ibaka
got nothing for Durant
Probably is wishing he kept Oladipo right around now
Wondering what he'll do with Carmelo now -- same too for PG

(5)(5)
martin
USA
5/3/2018  5:46 PM
Chandler wrote:Presti is hurting Carmelo's trade value.

On a separate but related note, anyone else thinking Presti has lost his magic, or at a minimum his organization should ban him from trades?

he definitely got major points for not flubbing Durant, Harden, Westbrook picks and a host of others. Very good at draft (though not perfect)

BUT
got nothing for Durant

good points. Wonder what could have been done if Presti re-tooled around Durant and Harden instead of what transpired

fwk00
Member: #6048

5/3/2018  6:01 PM

LMAO

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/3/2018  7:52 PM

BUT
got nothing for Durant

All the drama he is creating talking to trhe press, it's messing with poor Melo's game. instead on 6-21, he is now shooting 3-23! But he is an ELITE scorer, that much is certain.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/3/2018  8:20 PM

BUT
got nothing for Durant

He has had a rough patch for sure. Taking on Melo's deal for that money and a NYC. Was really bad. I thought Melo might be okay in Houston with Paul. He was a bad fit in OKC and has aged quickly. Also, he has Westbrook locked into a huge deal that may come back to hurt the franchise.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/3/2018  8:31 PM
martin wrote:

BUT
got nothing for Durant

good points. Wonder what could have been done if Presti re-tooled around Durant and Harden instead of what transpired

Would of got a lot more for Westbrook in trade.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/5/2018  12:54 PM
Vmart wrote:Dude made living on being one dimensional. Never developed his game to be better than he was.

I will always think of Melo as a player who could have been so much better than he was
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/7/2018  8:41 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Vmart wrote:Dude made living on being one dimensional. Never developed his game to be better than he was.

I will always think of Melo as a player who could have been so much better than he was
Me too. George Karl also
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/7/2018  9:10 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

He just can't get with right fit.

Even now that he's role was reduce to spot up shooter, and playing with WB (a stat collector) can seriously be a challenge for any other scorer. Exactly why KD was like "I'm outta here this dude is tripping"

West brook won't say it publicly, but he is more interest in triple doubles and putting up big #s than naything else

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/7/2018  9:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Even now that he's role was reduce to spot up shooter, and playing with WB (a stat collector) can seriously be a challenge for any other scorer. Exactly why KD was like "I'm outta here this dude is tripping"

West brook won't say it publicly, but he is more interest in triple doubles and putting up big #s than naything else

maybe if he made some baskets he would be a better fit.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/7/2018  10:23 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:it is going to be fascinating if Melo opts in or out of the last year of his contract.

I don't see him getting any contract offer above min vet 1 year!

cmon... you really think he's opting out of almost $30mm??? He's gonna collect his big pay day then take some MLE type deal for some team he's gonna say he's always wanted to be a part of

He may retire after this contract runs out.

I'd trade for him, Hardaway and Lee. We can super tank this year and free up a crap load of cap space

Oh so you’re willing yo put up with the wincing faces he makes everytime he doesn’t have the ball. Quite frequently on defense actually.

I want out from Mills awful Hardaway contract. Not a bad player just putrid timing

THJ's contract is not that bad, only because he's 24, and he wants to win more than anything. All he needs is the right coach, and fiz maybe the guy.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2018  10:39 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

West Brook? Two names? You abbrieved Russell WestBrooks name to WB? That's funny!

Ok, he won't say it publically, but he said it to you?
If he didn't , and we all going to assume this then your making shyt up again and its why few take you seriously because you lose cred.
Westbrook did not talk to you in private, so why you saying you know his private thoughts?
Oh by the way, AO, or "Anth Ony" has done this for years and years. Say one thing, do another.
Now if you want to say about West Brook, or Anth Ony "their play would indicate a strong motivation is individual stats than team's collective success". That says "This is what I think".
DR, or "Du Rant" "exactly"? I think that contributed to his leaving but there has been a lot written about his departure than the one quote you "exactly" refer to.
Again, your making shyt up.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/7/2018  10:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/7/2018  10:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:it is going to be fascinating if Melo opts in or out of the last year of his contract.

cmon... you really think he's opting out of almost $30mm??? He's gonna collect his big pay day then take some MLE type deal for some team he's gonna say he's always wanted to be a part of

I'd trade for him, Hardaway and Lee. We can super tank this year and free up a crap load of cap space

Oh so you’re willing yo put up with the wincing faces he makes everytime he doesn’t have the ball. Quite frequently on defense actually.

I want out from Mills awful Hardaway contract. Not a bad player just putrid timing

THJ's contract is not that bad, only because he's 24, and he wants to win more than anything. All he needs is the right coach, and fiz maybe the guy.

What Bonn said (no thoughts on Fizdale Bonn?)

Melo could have been just as good as Wade, if not better That season Melo led the team in assts, seems to have been just to show he could do it. At the same time he was a magnet for things that were more about the roster. Wasnt one or the other.

As for THJ. Fizdale is going to like that he is second in the league in taking charges this season. More than his teammates combined. It bears repeating that Timmy isnt a soft player. Some of those hits were pretty bad.

They're both passionate about the game, I see good things happening.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2018  11:09 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

What Bonn said (no thoughts on Fizdale Bonn?)

Melo could have been just as good as Wade, if not better That season Melo led the team in assts, seems to have been just to show he could do it. At the same time he was a magnet for things that were more about the roster. Wasnt one or the other.

As for THJ. Fizdale is going to like that he is second in the league in taking charges this season. More than his teammates combined. It bears repeating that Timmy isnt a soft player. Some of those hits were pretty bad.

They're both passionate about the game, I see good things happening.

Good take. The rhetoric that THjr is over paid and some how ruined the franchise is over done. Timmy is paid like an average SG and he had a very uneven season.
My belief is the pressure of the contract and being now the second option had him doing too much. Dude needs to slow down and let the game come to him.
I think he has some upside still, not physically as the kid can play but when to be the man and when to play in the flow.
Timmy, Burke, Frank and Mudiay are four very physically capable players. Nalod does not know how there roles will sorted out. Obviously Mudiay and frank being very young with bigger upside then Timmy and Burke.

martin
USA
5/7/2018  11:21 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

FYI: THJr just turned 26

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/7/2018  2:04 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

BAN

Off the bench would be kind of funny, considering.

I would be happy to trade Noah and Lee for Melo - and then let him stink it up next year as we tank - or just buy him out.

If OKC buys him out, aren't they stuck with that money on their cap? So that locks them out for a year.

Lee & Noah - probably not the best they could do. Who knows - maybe we can include Kanter in a S&T.

But the bigger question which the video above touched on- is Melo on an NBA roster next season? He should talk to Marbury about China! Good for your brand Melo!

Carmelo Anthony will never start for an NBA playoff team again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy