[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Carmelo Anthony will never start for an NBA playoff team again
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

4/30/2018  10:38 PM
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:it is going to be fascinating if Melo opts in or out of the last year of his contract.

I don't see him getting any contract offer above min vet 1 year!

cmon... you really think he's opting out of almost $30mm??? He's gonna collect his big pay day then take some MLE type deal for some team he's gonna say he's always wanted to be a part of

Melo technically qualifies, just barely, under the new Over 38 Rule. Meaning he can get one last four year contract if he opts out this offseason. Since OKC has his Bird Rights, technically they can give him the most money possible.

For example, 1 for 28 versus 4/60. I'm not saying a team will offer 4/60, nor am I saying he'd take it if it was offered, I am saying however that he will have to weigh out can he get 3/30 or better after this year, if the issue is total dollars.

Why would team offer 4/60? It depends on the team, it's cap space and it's general attendance trend. Melo is not a good player anymore, not even close, but he's still a draw for fans and a draw to get some more national TV broadcasts.

Teams with cap space and attendance problems

Hawks
Mavericks
Kings
Nets

Things I see happening

Situation A) He opts in and then gets bought out, then signs at the vet minimum to ring chase with a contender.

Situation B) He opts out and signs a 4 year deal, at a much lower AAV, to guarantee total years. This is most likely the case with the Clippers. I'm not saying they want him, I am saying that team is more of a fit in this situation than most would imagine. It fits his idiotic desire to be "branding" oriented.

Situation C) He opts out and signs a 2 year deal with the Lakers with a player option for Year 2. The AAV would be 15 million a year, the reasoning being he'd have to leave 15 on the table anyway to get a OKC buyout. LBJ will be a Laker and he is that stupid as to sign Melo to any kind of deal.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/1/2018  10:43 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:it is going to be fascinating if Melo opts in or out of the last year of his contract.

cmon... you really think he's opting out of almost $30mm??? He's gonna collect his big pay day then take some MLE type deal for some team he's gonna say he's always wanted to be a part of

Melo technically qualifies, just barely, under the new Over 38 Rule. Meaning he can get one last four year contract if he opts out this offseason. Since OKC has his Bird Rights, technically they can give him the most money possible.

For example, 1 for 28 versus 4/60. I'm not saying a team will offer 4/60, nor am I saying he'd take it if it was offered, I am saying however that he will have to weigh out can he get 3/30 or better after this year, if the issue is total dollars.

Why would team offer 4/60? It depends on the team, it's cap space and it's general attendance trend. Melo is not a good player anymore, not even close, but he's still a draw for fans and a draw to get some more national TV broadcasts.

Hawks
Mavericks
Kings
Nets

Things I see happening

Situation A) He opts in and then gets bought out, then signs at the vet minimum to ring chase with a contender.

Situation B) He opts out and signs a 4 year deal, at a much lower AAV, to guarantee total years. This is most likely the case with the Clippers. I'm not saying they want him, I am saying that team is more of a fit in this situation than most would imagine. It fits his idiotic desire to be "branding" oriented.

Situation C) He opts out and signs a 2 year deal with the Lakers with a player option for Year 2. The AAV would be 15 million a year, the reasoning being he'd have to leave 15 on the table anyway to get a OKC buyout. LBJ will be a Laker and he is that stupid as to sign Melo to any kind of deal.

Interesting take. One thing that might make it hard for Melo to catch on somewhere was the way he went out this season. Arguing with HOFer Mo Cheeks, because he got called out for his D. And making demands about starting next season, in spite of being mostly AWOL in the playoffs. Not the way you want teams to remember you going into the offseason.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/1/2018  10:49 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

He may retire after this contract runs out.

he's not opting out of that contract, he would be damn fool.

I said 5 yrs ago he would never win a ring until he was role player, like 7th man role player.

He'll be brought next feb, and hatch on to where ever Labron is at

LeBron wants no part of Melo. He Lready knows he has a losing type game.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/1/2018  11:02 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Hawks
Mavericks
Kings
Nets

Things I see happening

Interesting take. One thing that might make it hard for Melo to catch on somewhere was the way he went out this season. Arguing with HOFer Mo Cheeks, because he got called out for his D. And making demands about starting next season, in spite of being mostly AWOL in the playoffs. Not the way you want teams to remember you going into the offseason.

Yep. Even if he is able to convince a team this past season is a fluke, he still has that repuation as a team cancer, fair or unfair. But just the fact that his game has been declining for the past three year would make me hesitate to give him a multi-year deal. The NTC is the real killer. I think OKC is stuck.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/1/2018  1:08 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

He may retire after this contract runs out.

he's not opting out of that contract, he would be damn fool.

I said 5 yrs ago he would never win a ring until he was role player, like 7th man role player.

He'll be brought next feb, and hatch on to where ever Labron is at

LeBron wants no part of Melo. He Lready knows he has a losing type game.

It's his best friend..

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/1/2018  2:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Hawks
Mavericks
Kings
Nets

Things I see happening

ahh... the Melo we know and love.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/1/2018  4:23 PM
Bad Grampa Melo
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

5/1/2018  7:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/1/2018  7:45 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Hawks
Mavericks
Kings
Nets

Things I see happening

Options A is the only feasible scenario. Any scenario that has Melo opting out of $27 Mil is not happening. Still, with Option A you have to wonder why any legitimate contender would want him?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/2/2018  1:00 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/2/2018  1:32 PM
martin wrote:

Bam!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
5/2/2018  2:02 PM

"You always bring the weather with you".............
Cartman718

5/2/2018  2:25 PM
i wonder if anyone will retire melo's number and if it will be nuggs. it better not be knicks
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
5/2/2018  2:33 PM
Cartman718 wrote:i wonder if anyone will retire melo's number and if it will be nuggs. it better not be knicks

I read Presti's comments and he is a real pro. He is saying mostly nice things about Melo in a professional and calculated manner.

As for Melo, I say no to him being a retired knicks. Allan Houstan accomplished more and he is not there. Melo scored points. There was no significant moment or TEAM achievement. He led the league in scoring. Its a nice honor. Not enough for his number to be retired.
Bernard King is in the HOF but not a knick retired number. He was not here long enough.
Im not knocking Melo, there was no finals run, no playoff moments, no "big games", etc. Im not blaming him, the rosters in his era's were not deep. He'll be a HOF.
If Nuggs want to retire him, that's their choice.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/2/2018  4:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/2/2018  4:16 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:i wonder if anyone will retire melo's number and if it will be nuggs. it better not be knicks

I read Presti's comments and he is a real pro. He is saying mostly nice things about Melo in a professional and calculated manner.

As for Melo, I say no to him being a retired knicks. Allan Houstan accomplished more and he is not there. Melo scored points. There was no significant moment or TEAM achievement. He led the league in scoring. Its a nice honor. Not enough for his number to be retired.
Bernard King is in the HOF but not a knick retired number. He was not here long enough.
Im not knocking Melo, there was no finals run, no playoff moments, no "big games", etc. Im not blaming him, the rosters in his era's were not deep. He'll be a HOF.

He should be retired next after Marbs.
Steph had much more memorable Knicks moments (track, Vaseline, Isiah... ).
Melo was just boring.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/2/2018  5:35 PM
Nalod wrote:

Nuggets should absolutely retire his number. Would be good for their brand regardless.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Cartman718

5/2/2018  6:11 PM
lol i love this gem from Berman's article just posted...
"The Knicks still have a vacancy at the starting small-forward position."
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/2/2018  6:33 PM
Nalod wrote:

i agree. Allan was never the scorer melo was but he had bigger moments. Obviously the game winner against miami tops it all
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/2/2018  6:36 PM
Nalod wrote:

Well said.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/2/2018  9:25 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

Bam!

priceless!

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
wallstbear
Member: #6301

5/3/2018  5:02 AM
Only highlight of NYK in the past 15 or so years is Linsanity, and Melo forced him out.

Nalod wrote:

Carmelo Anthony will never start for an NBA playoff team again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy