Member: #6213

4/30/2018  12:13 PM
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/30/2018  12:27 PM
it is going to be fascinating if Melo opts in or out of the last year of his contract.

I don't see him getting any contract offer above min vet 1 year!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/30/2018  12:39 PM
franco12 wrote:it is going to be fascinating if Melo opts in or out of the last year of his contract.

cmon... you really think he's opting out of almost $30mm??? He's gonna collect his big pay day then take some MLE type deal for some team he's gonna say he's always wanted to be a part of
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/30/2018  12:55 PM
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:it is going to be fascinating if Melo opts in or out of the last year of his contract.

cmon... you really think he's opting out of almost $30mm??? He's gonna collect his big pay day then take some MLE type deal for some team he's gonna say he's always wanted to be a part of

He may retire after this contract runs out.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/30/2018  1:10 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

he's not opting out of that contract, he would be damn fool.

I said 5 yrs ago he would never win a ring until he was role player, like 7th man role player.

He'll be brought next feb, and hatch on to where ever Labron is at

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/30/2018  1:11 PM
fishmike wrote:

we've seen nba stars do that before...

... that said Melo has always put himself first and is all about getting paid. So what i see is him opting in and forcing a buyout a la DWade

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/30/2018  1:23 PM
Melo is like an old diva movie star that does not know when she is not a leading lady anymore.
He got his money, the right answer: "I'll do whats best for the team, I hope to be back with PG13".
PG13 likely shaking his head at his comment. You think he wants to play with an older "Joan Crawford" type?

I suppose the old "He is an expiring contract" don't fly anymore!!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/30/2018  1:36 PM
fishmike wrote:

Hes not getting an MLE---hes a cancer player at this point.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/30/2018  1:48 PM
fishmike wrote:

Pretty much. He may actually struggle to get a MLE deal after this season, assuming he stays the same or slightly declines further. He will probably remain starter for this season in OKC, then next summer sign with a Lebron team or Houston as a reserve for the LLE or Minimum and have some long speech about what he has accomplished and how he's ready for the next phase of his career (referring to being a reserve player and not making big money.) He won't have a choice. He may not have it next season either. The sun has set on him as a star in the league and at 34 there's nothing really wrong with that. The only problem will be if he refuses to accept that.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/30/2018  2:18 PM
Dude made living on being one dimensional. Never developed his game to be better than he was.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/30/2018  3:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

he's not opting out of that contract, he would be damn fool.

I said 5 yrs ago he would never win a ring until he was role player, like 7th man role player.

He'll be brought next feb, and hatch on to where ever Labron is at

"After his contract runs out" meaning *after* he opts in and collects the rest if his contract. He may retire due to not willing to accept a bench role.

And bruh, you wanted to draft Dennis Smith jr and sign Rajon Rondo believing that we would be a playoff team. Since all we had to do was ditch the triangle. You have been throwing a fit about trading Melo away. Bashing the front office for it. Now all of a sudden. He is a 7th man on a cha.pionship team. If that's how you felt then you would have been happy we got what we got for him.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/30/2018  3:11 PM
Vmart wrote:Dude made living on being one dimensional. Never developed his game to be better than he was.

This! Too fat and lazy....and not smart.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/30/2018  3:50 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

we've seen nba stars do that before...

... that said Melo has always put himself first and is all about getting paid. So what i see is him opting in and forcing a buyout a la DWade

I think he does the same thing as Wade also. I wonder if Donovan is brought back next year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/30/2018  4:13 PM
Melo is not trying to get Donovan fired -- you can bet on that

if he stays there it will be ugly

(5)(5)
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/30/2018  6:31 PM

Most overrated player of his generation....stat padding non winner.

He will opt in and take the $28M —- so happy no longer our problem

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/30/2018  6:38 PM
With all the egocentricity and drama, I’m thrilled to see him elsewhere. Melo usually scored 8-10 in the first qtr and struggled mightily in the 4th as he grew tired constantly. $28 million. Please. I recall he was rated 65th last year and the media and fans had a fit. He’d be lucky to be 65 from the bottom next year.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/30/2018  7:10 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I'd trade for him, Hardaway and Lee. We can super tank this year and free up a crap load of cap space

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/30/2018  7:37 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I'd trade for him, Hardaway and Lee. We can super tank this year and free up a crap load of cap space

Oh so you’re willing yo put up with the wincing faces he makes everytime he doesn’t have the ball. Quite frequently on defense actually.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/30/2018  7:49 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Oh so you’re willing yo put up with the wincing faces he makes everytime he doesn’t have the ball. Quite frequently on defense actually.

I want out from Mills awful Hardaway contract. Not a bad player just putrid timing

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/30/2018  9:53 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I want out from Mills awful Hardaway contract. Not a bad player just putrid timing

Can we instead include Noah? Trade Lee and Noah for Melo- and we buy Melo out. Instant savings. Instant cap room.

OKC erases a head ache, and they get a very serviceable Courtney Lee.

Crap, I would include a 2nd round pick.

Carmelo Anthony will never start for an NBA playoff team again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy