[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The playoffs are showing a basic recipe for success.
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
4/30/2018  6:45 PM
I want Bamba 🤥. I realize he will be gone but KP guards rim, frank plays defense and Bamba would be 3 starters with defensive capability. Maybe Bud sees it too.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/30/2018  7:00 PM
Paris907 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:To me it's simple. Two way players and lots of them
GS has so much depth, few teams can push them. I think they'll beat Houston, because they play defense and Houston doesn't.

Moute, Tucker, Paul, Ariza etc all play D as does Capela.
It should be a great western conf final

Houston has been one of the better defensive teams this year, better than GS. Not sure if meloshouldgo is paying attention.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/30/2018  8:03 PM
MS wrote:Allow me to correct your logic.

You don't give Noah, Baker (Justin Holiday was better and signed for less) or Thomas deals, because they are a dime a dozen players. We don't have stars, so you don't pay role players. Lance Thomas is making 7MM next season Ron Baker 4.5MM those guys should barely be on a roster, let alone taking up 11.5MM in salary. Noah couldn't stay healthy before we signed him so I am just confused why you think you reward these guys because they try.

Burke was had for nothing. Same with Beasley. You only reward role players when they are within a championship or playoff roster.

Look at the following one year deals signed last offseason, all were a position of need for the Knicks.

Rondo - $3.3MM
KCP - $18MM
Tyreke Evans - $3.2MM
Reddick - $23MM

You don't rush to sign guys that aren't in demand, nor do you tie up room on guys that aren't producing wins. The three guys you said are exactly the guys you reward can't score and aren't elite defenders.

Explain the defensive culture we are building with Burke, Hardaway (Rudy Gay 2 years 17MM, player option), Kanter, Kornet. Are we a top 15 defensive team in this league? No. Top 20, no.

As I've said before Id overpay on 1 year deals before handing out multi year deals. People try to defend Lance Thomas, its a putrid deal, so is Baker. Id rather pay a D-Leaguer nothing over multi year deals for that garbage. hardaway Jr. is an awful deal too.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/4/2018  2:25 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

You don't give Noah, Baker (Justin Holiday was better and signed for less) or Thomas deals, because they are a dime a dozen players. We don't have stars, so you don't pay role players. Lance Thomas is making 7MM next season Ron Baker 4.5MM those guys should barely be on a roster, let alone taking up 11.5MM in salary. Noah couldn't stay healthy before we signed him so I am just confused why you think you reward these guys because they try.

Burke was had for nothing. Same with Beasley. You only reward role players when they are within a championship or playoff roster.

Look at the following one year deals signed last offseason, all were a position of need for the Knicks.

Rondo - $3.3MM
KCP - $18MM
Tyreke Evans - $3.2MM
Reddick - $23MM

You don't rush to sign guys that aren't in demand, nor do you tie up room on guys that aren't producing wins. The three guys you said are exactly the guys you reward can't score and aren't elite defenders.

Explain the defensive culture we are building with Burke, Hardaway (Rudy Gay 2 years 17MM, player option), Kanter, Kornet. Are we a top 15 defensive team in this league? No. Top 20, no.

As I've said before Id overpay on 1 year deals before handing out multi year deals. People try to defend Lance Thomas, its a putrid deal, so is Baker. Id rather pay a D-Leaguer nothing over multi year deals for that garbage. hardaway Jr. is an awful deal too.

I tend to agree with this. Hardaway played well, but he's vastly overpaid and his contract is too long and he's really not the piece we need at that salary. It didn't make a lot of sense to me.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/4/2018  7:06 AM
Killa4luv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Rondo - $3.3MM
KCP - $18MM
Tyreke Evans - $3.2MM
Reddick - $23MM

I tend to agree with this. Hardaway played well, but he's vastly overpaid and his contract is too long and he's really not the piece we need at that salary. It didn't make a lot of sense to me.

4 years was ridiculous. I could of lived with 3 because I think we are basically screwed until Noah comes off anyway. Everything should of been preparing for the summer of 2020-2021. The goal should of been tank hard for 3 years to build a core. Facilitate trades for draft picks. SIgn guys to one year deals even if their huge money. If someone has a 2-3 year deal they want to unload, we trade them the expiring and take back a first for the trouble. We should of been stockpiling assets for the next 3 years "2 years now". We are going nowhere anyway why not truly bottom out, hope we hit on a stud or 2 to pair with Porzingis and come out guns blazing with 50 million in cap space in 2020-21.

Perry and the Village Midiot are going to trade unprotected firsts this off-season, he basically told us outright. They will appease Porzingis and assure us 40 win seasons forever instead of doing whats right and bottoming out.

I have no confidence in these guys getting this right.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/4/2018  8:43 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Rondo - $3.3MM
KCP - $18MM
Tyreke Evans - $3.2MM
Reddick - $23MM

4 years was ridiculous. I could of lived with 3 because I think we are basically screwed until Noah comes off anyway. Everything should of been preparing for the summer of 2020-2021. The goal should of been tank hard for 3 years to build a core. Facilitate trades for draft picks. SIgn guys to one year deals even if their huge money. If someone has a 2-3 year deal they want to unload, we trade them the expiring and take back a first for the trouble. We should of been stockpiling assets for the next 3 years "2 years now". We are going nowhere anyway why not truly bottom out, hope we hit on a stud or 2 to pair with Porzingis and come out guns blazing with 50 million in cap space in 2020-21.

Perry and the Village Midiot are going to trade unprotected firsts this off-season, he basically told us outright. They will appease Porzingis and assure us 40 win seasons forever instead of doing whats right and bottoming out.

the bold... you just need to get over that man. This is not Phili and even those guys had the league step in and say enough is enough. This is NY and MSG. You simply dont process that or even acknowledge it and what it means. You want to build this like a playstation team. Its not. Its a real business with real players, real people with careers and real goals that need to be met. Just wake up man and see it for what it is. A winning and sustainable team can be built in this environment. Better management is a start. That part is TBD

4 years for THjr is not ridiculous at all. He's played better than market value. THjr is not Klay, McCollum or Derozan. But THjr is better than Crabbe, Bazemore, Turner and the other 2nd tier guys in his pay scale. THjr is a good player. He does a lot of things and he's 25 so the Knicks were able to bring another quality young guy into the mix and when the Knicks were winning and playing well THjr was a huge part why.

Purposely losing to acquire top talent can work. It can also lead to lost years and wasted opportunities. It most certainly is NOT a sure model for success and has its own set of pitfalls.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/4/2018  8:54 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Rondo - $3.3MM
KCP - $18MM
Tyreke Evans - $3.2MM
Reddick - $23MM

You just saw a coach get fired in a tank season, you saw phil get fired for 3 losing season, you saw 90% roster rebuild in 3 of 4 seasons, your seeing a franchise that has won one playoff series in god knows how long(i lost count after 15 seasons). We our coming off our 4th 50 lost season in a row, with 2 top 10 draft picks (who have yet 2 budge the needle) to show for it. One more losing season and Mills will be fired( I'll bet a stack on that).

Nothing good comes out of losing, especially with the realignment of the draft order, Not to mention sinking the confidence your current crop of young players.

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/4/2018  9:22 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Rondo - $3.3MM
KCP - $18MM
Tyreke Evans - $3.2MM
Reddick - $23MM

You just saw a coach get fired in a tank season, you saw phil get fired for 3 losing season, you saw 90% roster rebuild in 3 of 4 seasons, your seeing a franchise that has won one playoff series in god knows how long(i lost count after 15 seasons). We our coming off our 4th 50 lost season in a row, with 2 top 10 draft picks (who have yet 2 budge the needle) to show for it. One more losing season and Mills will be fired( I'll bet a stack on that).

Nothing good comes out of losing, especially with the realignment of the draft order, Not to mention sinking the confidence your current crop of young players.

I will give you 2-1 odd that if the KNicks lose next year (And they will) Mills will still be here. NAme the amount. You are 100% full of doodoo... but feel free. We can pay pal Martin the cash. $500? $100? $1000? Ill give you 2-1 and pay you double.... cmon sucka... pony up or shut up.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
The playoffs are showing a basic recipe for success.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy