[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Next interview: Juwuan Howard
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/30/2018  3:56 PM
TheGame wrote:My thing is this process is taking too long. The former Atlanta coach, fizdale, and Blatt are the clear favorites. We are going to be capped out after 2019, so the clear plan moving forward is tank next year, get another high draft pick, let Canter's deal expire and try to sign a max guy next summer, sign KP to his extension next summer, and then hope we compiled enough to be competitive. Why go through a month long process for a coach? It reeks of either indecisiveness or arrogance in believing the NK job is so great that we can leave multiple people hanging while we drag our feet.
I disagree. I like that they are exploring many options and taking their time. I thought Berman wrote a really good article today on the coaching search. From Berman,
he Knicks have conducted an international search and it’s been a blessed opportunity for Mills, who wasn’t allowed to embark on an earnest mission of intelligence under Phil Jackson.

At an April 12 press conference, Mills talked about “an intellectual curiosity” among NBA front offices. He’s consulted with other team executives such as Golden State’s esteemed Bob Myers on “what it takes to be a coach in the NBA’’ regarding candidates “who can absorb all of the things different about today’s game.”

Mills listed the differences: “The use of analytics, the significance of the physical training and performance staff, how you incorporate player development into a holistic approach to coach a team.”

Perhaps it’s a lot of rhetoric, but more relevant rhetoric than triangle rhetoric.

The Jackson/Mills tandem was a forced marriage and bad timing by owner James Dolan, who plays the guitar better than he evaluates whether an offensive system is played out.

Meanwhile, Mills/Perry have become basketball’s Frick and Frack.

“We work very closely together,’’ Mills said. “We work in tandem and I give Scott the flexibility of [doing] what he thinks is right.’’

In those two Zen master coaching searches, Mills was restricted. After Jackson’s top choice, Steve Kerr, reneged, Jackson spoke only to Derek Fisher and made the hire

https://nypost.com/2018/04/29/this-knicks-regime-is-putting-in-the-work-phil-jackson-never-did/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/30/2018  4:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TheGame wrote:My thing is this process is taking too long. The former Atlanta coach, fizdale, and Blatt are the clear favorites. We are going to be capped out after 2019, so the clear plan moving forward is tank next year, get another high draft pick, let Canter's deal expire and try to sign a max guy next summer, sign KP to his extension next summer, and then hope we compiled enough to be competitive. Why go through a month long process for a coach? It reeks of either indecisiveness or arrogance in believing the NK job is so great that we can leave multiple people hanging while we drag our feet.

Kp will ask for a S&T after his 5th straight lottery season, and NO FA will want to sign here.

I don't think any GM is rushing to extend (let alone maxing him out)a player right away after the kind of acl injury KP had.

Remember the high flying MCdyess, even curry got a low ball extension after the ankle injuries kept him off the floor.

At first i was a little impatient with the coaching search, but considering their track record, let them take all the time they need, even if they interview 10 more..Just get it right

more of your BS based off your own BS.
1) make something up
2) bitch about it like its a fact

KP will ask for a S&T... man you suck

You continue to look at every thing with rose pedal glasses like he is a lock. (you said i sucked in for saying JH was going to get fired in january) I heard everything his brother said after last season ended, and i can pull up the quotes if you need me too, but i know you read it yourself.

All you should really care about is putting a winning product on the floor no matter who's in a knicks uniform. It's like you care more about the player then the team.

So what if KP or anyone is traded, as long as we get better what difference does it matter.

Wake up an stop turning everything into a negative.

As much as I love to have KP, there are possibilities that you can't ignore

I continue to look at reality, not your miserable pissy musings.

KP has said time and time and time again last year, this year, 2 years ago and 20 minutes ago he's staying in NY

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
4/30/2018  4:30 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Kp will ask for a S&T after his 5th straight lottery season, and NO FA will want to sign here.

I don't think any GM is rushing to extend (let alone maxing him out)a player right away after the kind of acl injury KP had.

Remember the high flying MCdyess, even curry got a low ball extension after the ankle injuries kept him off the floor.

At first i was a little impatient with the coaching search, but considering their track record, let them take all the time they need, even if they interview 10 more..Just get it right

1) make something up

I think KP will leave also. I hope he doesn’t though.

When do you think he will leave? I mean again... look at reality. Are you proposing KP is going to pass on a max extension and play the year under the qualifying offer so he can then be a FA?

Such a waste entertaining your guy's misery but yea... have at it. Why dont you and 1248 explain to me why KP is leaving in the Juwan Howard was interviewed to be coach thread.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/30/2018  5:14 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1) make something up

When do you think he will leave? I mean again... look at reality. Are you proposing KP is going to pass on a max extension and play the year under the qualifying offer so he can then be a FA?

Such a waste entertaining your guy's misery but yea... have at it. Why dont you and 1248 explain to me why KP is leaving in the Juwan Howard was interviewed to be coach thread.

This new generation of players are to willing to leave. It’s not like it was in the past where if you’re the star you stick with a team. Now players want winning situations and a chance to play meaningful games I. June. You saw Durant leave. You think Durant would have been a lifer with OKC. LeBRon left the first time around and he was the man. It’s the nature of the business now.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/30/2018  5:34 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1) make something up

This new generation of players are to willing to leave. It’s not like it was in the past where if you’re the star you stick with a team. Now players want winning situations and a chance to play meaningful games I. June. You saw Durant leave. You think Durant would have been a lifer with OKC. LeBRon left the first time around and he was the man. It’s the nature of the business now.

Those super max deals are crazy. Players don't walk away from an extra 60 mil. Teams do try to trade them so they don't have to make that commitment.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/30/2018  5:41 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1) make something up

rookie deal extension versus situational exceptions.

Rookies who are worth their extensions stay.

Not for nothing but you just described what an UFA was, there are lots of examples of that.

Rookie extension for RFAs.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/30/2018  8:38 PM
martin wrote:

Last Knicks game was 11 Apr, feels like it's just you who is impatient. Some of the targets were still coaching. 10 coaches in 2+ weeks is pretty ****ing fast, it's 1 every other day.

You don't think interviewing 10 guys is excessive? I've never seen a team interview 10 guys before.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/1/2018  8:48 AM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1) make something up

Not for nothing but you just described what an UFA was, there are lots of examples of that.

KP is not you typical AAU teen coming from a life of poverty. So saying he will be motivated to stay in NY for money is completely being Naive

Straight from JANIS mouth less than 10 months ago

The most important question here is this: What do you really want to achieve in your career? Because money—if Kristaps performs at least on his normal level, is gonna come. We are more focused on some other values and not just to quickly sign a new contract so we can collect the money. That's definitely not our goal, so we won't be feverishly counting minutes or counting points. You can't escape the reality and the Knicks must also see that."

You see what Shaq did In orlando.

I like the kid, but stamina, health, aggression, and really not moving the needle at all for the knicks in 3 yrs, you cant rule out anything . This is sports, no one in a losing culture is a safe bet

ES
fishmike
USA
5/1/2018  9:01 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1) make something up

KP is not you typical AAU teen coming from a life of poverty. So saying he will be motivated to stay in NY for money is completely being Naive

The most important question here is this: What do you really want to achieve in your career? Because money—if Kristaps performs at least on his normal level, is gonna come. We are more focused on some other values and not just to quickly sign a new contract so we can collect the money. That's definitely not our goal, so we won't be feverishly counting minutes or counting points. You can't escape the reality and the Knicks must also see that."

I like the kid, but stamina, health, aggression, and really not moving the needle at all for the knicks in 3 yrs, you cant rule out anything . This is sports, no one in a losing culture is a safe bet

another example of why you stink so bad and have no clue what you are talking about

From the same article:

Kris wants to stay in New York; he feels at home there. There is no question about it.

This was in response to if KP is traded, he would test FA

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19354379/kristaps-porzingis-wants-stay-new-york-brother-says

fishmike
USA
5/1/2018  9:03 AM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1) make something up

Im sorry.. was this a reality based discussion?

I thought we were focused on KP leaving, Knicks moving down in the lottery and drafting a bust and nobody every wanting to come here. VMart... carry on

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/1/2018  9:33 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1) make something up

another example of why you stink so bad and have no clue what you are talking about

From the same article:

Kris wants to stay in New York; he feels at home there. There is no question about it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19354379/kristaps-porzingis-wants-stay-new-york-brother-says

We know NY is his first option, if were winning-stop leaving that out.

But let me ask a 2 serious question,

whats the purpose of having any player if your constantly loosing 50+ games?

Are you oppose to trading him for the right pieces?

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/1/2018  9:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1) make something up

From the same article:

We know NY is his first option, if were winning-stop leaving that out.

But let me ask a 2 serious question,

whats the purpose of having any player if your constantly loosing 50+ games?

Are you oppose to trading him for the right pieces?

ITs very easy to type “all the right pieces”. ITs an open concept.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
5/2/2018  7:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/2/2018  7:44 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1) make something up

While I appreciate the “new generation” point, Durant had to deal with Westbrook and that is tough
To do for anyone no less a genuine superstar. New York ain’t OKC. Sure, Boston and Phily look tough going foward but things change. Kyrie - injury prone, Embiid perhaps not free of serious injury either. With management and coach aligned, KP coming back solid, Frank developed, a high draft this year and next, Burke, and DD, and Enes and ultimately Noah stretched or off the books, (I left Tim out of discussion), we will have some talent, direction and move up considerably to a viable playoff team. Yet we will need to luck of the draft and cap spain to finally secure a missing piece in 2020
To have us challenge. If KP heads out West, he will find himself in competition galore to win the conference. Best is staying in NY and let’s stay the course and pray for Doncic, Ayers, Bamba etc.

Next interview: Juwuan Howard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy