[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Next interview: Juwuan Howard
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
4/28/2018  3:44 PM
Meanwhile Ewing never got a break. Enough already. If Bud or Blatt are likely then don’t overthink it.

STEP IT UP GENTLEMAN

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/28/2018  5:11 PM
Saw this in the daily news article about Howard.
Prior to Howard’s interview being reported by ESPN, a source told the Daily News that rumblings around the league is that the hire will be somebody not mentioned in the media. Howard’s coaching profile is largely unknown but being with the Heat — an organization known for accountability and player development — looks good on the resume, much like with Fizdale.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/add-juwan-howard-list-knicks-coaching-candidates-article-1.3960850
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

4/28/2018  5:16 PM
Wtf???!!! Hmm OK we will seee
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/28/2018  6:04 PM
My interviews on Tuesday. Just so you guys know I'm going to tank next season
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/28/2018  7:08 PM
I had mine yesterday. Ran into Knicks1248 as he left his. Asked him how it went. He said Perry did all the talkning and Mills just sat there, eye was quivering, teeth clinched, one eye squinting at him, the other was like like he was mad at something. He said Perry was cool until knicks1248 said “he’d fill in the dots” but Perry thought he was talking about his face.
My inteview went great btw!
I turned them down. I dont like Princeton!
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/29/2018  12:03 PM
Is there a plan? They can’t make a decision because they’re afraid they are going to f’ it up. When over thinking a process it wreaks of no plan of action.
Vmart
USA
4/29/2018  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2018  12:04 PM
Jmpasq wrote:My interviews on Tuesday. Just so you guys know I'm going to tank next season

Your hired on the spot.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/29/2018  1:04 PM
Vmart wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:My interviews on Tuesday. Just so you guys know I'm going to tank next season

Your hired on the spot.

Wait, wait, wait....He needs to answer a few a questions first. Now, do you consider yourself a blues man? Would you feel comfortable cancelling a team meeting if your boss ever alerted you that a really awesome cover band was performing down the block? Do you play an instrument? Let's say you were in a band and the front man doesn't have the best voice. Would you tell him straight to his face or would you wait until band practice is over to come up with ways to discretely work around the issue? Do you like Three Dog Night covers?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
4/30/2018  5:14 AM
My thing is this process is taking too long. The former Atlanta coach, fizdale, and Blatt are the clear favorites. We are going to be capped out after 2019, so the clear plan moving forward is tank next year, get another high draft pick, let Canter's deal expire and try to sign a max guy next summer, sign KP to his extension next summer, and then hope we compiled enough to be competitive. Why go through a month long process for a coach? It reeks of either indecisiveness or arrogance in believing the NK job is so great that we can leave multiple people hanging while we drag our feet.
Trust the Process
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
4/30/2018  5:43 AM
I'd be interviewing as many candidates as I could. You have to remember, the Knicks do not have any kind of winning culture or any kind of player development or any kind of analytics foundation. We're starting from scratch. To me, these interviews is as much about information gathering and getting the lay of the land on how other teams are doing these things as it is about finding the best candidate. Budenholzer on the surface is probably the no brainer guy to pick, but we need to build an entire staff along with the coach so we are probably trying to find guys to fill out all the holes we have. I'd be looking for a strong video coordinator, defensive coordinator, player development guy, analytics guy, etc etc etc. You know, the things other winning teams have that we have no clue about.
Rose is not the answer.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
4/30/2018  5:52 AM
knickstorrents wrote:I'd be interviewing as many candidates as I could. You have to remember, the Knicks do not have any kind of winning culture or any kind of player development or any kind of analytics foundation. We're starting from scratch. To me, these interviews is as much about information gathering and getting the lay of the land on how other teams are doing these things as it is about finding the best candidate. Budenholzer on the surface is probably the no brainer guy to pick, but we need to build an entire staff along with the coach so we are probably trying to find guys to fill out all the holes we have. I'd be looking for a strong video coordinator, defensive coordinator, player development guy, analytics guy, etc etc etc. You know, the things other winning teams have that we have no clue about.

I understand your point but at some point you have to make a decision, and if the guys we have in charge are that clueless as to what a winning culture needs that they have to spend a month interviewing people, then we probably need new guys in charge. We should have a coach hired by Friday.

Trust the Process
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/30/2018  6:21 AM
Interviewing Howard is treasonous!
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
4/30/2018  9:14 AM
YOu guys do realize there are other teams doing the same thing, right?
The past does not include This FO combo and yet we create dialog indicting the full knick history on Mills and Perry?
Vmart
USA
4/30/2018  9:53 AM
Nalod wrote:YOu guys do realize there are other teams doing the same thing, right?
The past does not include This FO combo and yet we create dialog indicting the full knick history on Mills and Perry?

But then not every team is looking for a head coach. But you’re right again Nalod. I personally think the Knicksnare waiting to see where they land in the draft before making any decisions. Personally they should just call up the G-League coach.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/30/2018  10:56 AM
TheGame wrote:My thing is this process is taking too long. The former Atlanta coach, fizdale, and Blatt are the clear favorites. We are going to be capped out after 2019, so the clear plan moving forward is tank next year, get another high draft pick, let Canter's deal expire and try to sign a max guy next summer, sign KP to his extension next summer, and then hope we compiled enough to be competitive. Why go through a month long process for a coach? It reeks of either indecisiveness or arrogance in believing the NK job is so great that we can leave multiple people hanging while we drag our feet.

Last Knicks game was 11 Apr, feels like it's just you who is impatient. Some of the targets were still coaching. 10 coaches in 2+ weeks is pretty ****ing fast, it's 1 every other day.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
4/30/2018  11:22 AM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:YOu guys do realize there are other teams doing the same thing, right?

But then not every team is looking for a head coach. But you’re right again Nalod. I personally think the Knicksnare waiting to see where they land in the draft before making any decisions. Personally they should just call up the G-League coach.

Miller has the least credentials of any of the 10 interviewed. He was given a very good Gleague roster.
Not saying he "sucks".
Charlotte, Orlando, Memphis (Filled INTERNALLY), ATL, Knicks, And Phx. Milwaukee has Punty as Interm.
That's 5 open jobs and not a one but Memphis has filled it.
Now, im not trying to connect the dots on Scott Perry's face with a conspiracy, but looks to me like there is a moratorium to the effect that most teams are giving candidates lots of opportunity to interview. Does that mean some teams have who they want already in there sights? Can't imagine not.
No doubt some of you are projecting our own views into the process and given our history its going to be a bad look unless Coach Bud gets the nod.
Seems he has the "It" look. I defend Blatt because other than his beef with Lebron he is nearly as attractive as Messina and Budd. I suppose we look at his "friendship" with Mills as a bad thing? This guy has won EVERYWHERE. Lebron is a force not for a rookie NBA coach no matter how good his cred is. In no way was Blatt prepared to coach that team!!! Do any of you every learn from an experience and be better for it? Or do you repeat the same thing over and over? Blatt is a bright guy, don't any of you fathom how any successful person grows from experiences both good and bad? Do you still like to touch the orange thing on the stove?
Do you think JVG would "Quit" on us again?
If Blatt has something to prove he will have to address this with knicks and do a good job convincing them he'd be ok to handle the Unicorn and Media.
Same for Bud, that fresh face dude who Pop had to about kick out of the SAS house did quit on ATL in a sense as he wants out of his contract. Bit of a Diva Move? Of course not, he is fresh!!! COme to NY we'll find all kinds of things to hate on him in time.
If we hire Blatt, why can't Perry be on board with that? Why can't he look in the room and see the Princeton Trio of Blatt, Mills, and Craig Robinson and think "these guys are tight, Bright, hungry, and want to win!!!
Might be thinking the same about Bud. Some of you would be threatened by hiring someone like Bud and think "He will want my job, he did in ATL, he'll do it here".
Again, that's not on the table unless you were in the room. NObody here is in the room.
Knicks have a developmental plan in place. Its essential Bud or any coach be totally on board with that. Is Bud's way better? I don't know, he has done some good things! Lets just say they have to be complimentary.
Personally I want Bud as my first choice but Blatt was my on my list before. I have to think Perry if he has any input will hire "His Guy". Its possible Blatt is "His Guy". If we are signing Lebron, I concede that we don't hire him. In fact, let Lebron be player coach. Its what he does anyway and hard to argue with the results.
Even Lue has health problems, a young man BTW. Lebron Kills coaches, but in a good way.

In the end Mills and Perry will come to some consensus choice that might require one or both of them to find a middle ground.

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/30/2018  11:24 AM
TheGame wrote:My thing is this process is taking too long. The former Atlanta coach, fizdale, and Blatt are the clear favorites. We are going to be capped out after 2019, so the clear plan moving forward is tank next year, get another high draft pick, let Canter's deal expire and try to sign a max guy next summer, sign KP to his extension next summer, and then hope we compiled enough to be competitive. Why go through a month long process for a coach? It reeks of either indecisiveness or arrogance in believing the NK job is so great that we can leave multiple people hanging while we drag our feet.

Kp will ask for a S&T after his 5th straight lottery season, and NO FA will want to sign here.

I don't think any GM is rushing to extend (let alone maxing him out)a player right away after the kind of acl injury KP had.

Remember the high flying MCdyess, even curry got a low ball extension after the ankle injuries kept him off the floor.

At first i was a little impatient with the coaching search, but considering their track record, let them take all the time they need, even if they interview 10 more..Just get it right

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/30/2018  12:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Kp will ask for a S&T after his 5th straight lottery season, and NO FA will want to sign here.

I don't think any GM is rushing to extend (let alone maxing him out)a player right away after the kind of acl injury KP had.

Remember the high flying MCdyess, even curry got a low ball extension after the ankle injuries kept him off the floor.

At first i was a little impatient with the coaching search, but considering their track record, let them take all the time they need, even if they interview 10 more..Just get it right

more of your BS based off your own BS.
1) make something up
2) bitch about it like its a fact

KP will ask for a S&T... man you suck

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/30/2018  1:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/30/2018  1:32 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1) make something up

You continue to look at every thing with rose pedal glasses like he is a lock. (you said i sucked in for saying JH was going to get fired in january) I heard everything his brother said after last season ended, and i can pull up the quotes if you need me too, but i know you read it yourself.

All you should really care about is putting a winning product on the floor no matter who's in a knicks uniform. It's like you care more about the player then the team.

So what if KP or anyone is traded, as long as we get better what difference does it matter.

Wake up an stop turning everything into a negative.

As much as I love to have KP, there are possibilities that you can't ignore

ES
Vmart
USA
4/30/2018  2:15 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1) make something up

I think KP will leave also. I hope he doesn’t though.

Next interview: Juwuan Howard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy