[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank Ntilikina ranks No. 1 in stunning statistic
Author Thread
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
4/29/2018  8:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2018  11:38 PM
Frank just needs to work on his body. He has skinny legs and no chest. He needs to add about 3-5 inches to his vertical and shave some time off his shuttle and sprint speeds through conditional and strength training. If Frank does nothing else but that this summer, he will be a 16pt, 6 assists, 6rb, 1.5 steal, 1 block type of player. Then as he further develops his skills, the sky is the limit. The guy is going to be good because he has a high B.B. Iq
Trust the Process
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/4/2018  2:07 AM
fishmike wrote:Some folks have criticized his offense... Lets talk about how Frank's offense looked at the end of the season.

This is how he finished his NBA season playing 22mpg and with 78 games under his belt.

He's already proven to be clutch and fearless in big moments when the games count. He's already a great NBA defender. Once the game started slowing down a bit look at how he uses his length to get off easy shots and take good angles.

Sky is limit for what this kid's overall impact will be. Sure... maybe he's just good on offense but he's already showing chops to be a multiple DPOY.

Far and away his best game at the end of the season. He's an elite defender with stats to back it up. I am just gonna wait and see on him. Is his ceiling like a Charlie Ward offensively? Or will he develop to the point he can add a bit of a burst and use his length to really attack the rim? we shall see.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/5/2018  4:23 PM
Killa4luv wrote:
fishmike wrote:Some folks have criticized his offense... Lets talk about how Frank's offense looked at the end of the season.

This is how he finished his NBA season playing 22mpg and with 78 games under his belt.

He's already proven to be clutch and fearless in big moments when the games count. He's already a great NBA defender. Once the game started slowing down a bit look at how he uses his length to get off easy shots and take good angles.

Sky is limit for what this kid's overall impact will be. Sure... maybe he's just good on offense but he's already showing chops to be a multiple DPOY.

Far and away his best game at the end of the season. He's an elite defender with stats to back it up. I am just gonna wait and see on him. Is his ceiling like a Charlie Ward offensively? Or will he develop to the point he can add a bit of a burst and use his length to really attack the rim? we shall see.

The expectation I have is that Frank will exceed the charlie ward level. He's just got such a physical advantage with his size and length. It's only a matter of time for him to mature physically and refine more offensive skills. The way he ended the year was just a taste of the kind of things he will be able to do with more regularity as his confidence grows and his body matures. The Kids growth plates were still active. This summer will be huge for his growth overall.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/5/2018  4:52 PM
nixluva wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:

The expectation I have is that Frank will exceed the charlie ward level. He's just got such a physical advantage with his size and length. It's only a matter of time for him to mature physically and refine more offensive skills. The way he ended the year was just a taste of the kind of things he will be able to do with more regularity as his confidence grows and his body matures. The Kids growth plates were still active. This summer will be huge for his growth overall.

Agree. I think Frank has the potential to be a multi-dimensional contributor from baseline to baseline. I think this Nets game was his best game of the season. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/6/2018  1:12 PM
I see Frank as a 3-D player who needs to work on his 3 ball. I have no problem with a 3-D player but when you're picking at #8 in the lottery you want to get more then a 3-D player out of that slot. I think there's potential of him being more then that and developing his game in going to the basket but he doesn't have the speed/quickness to get around other guards.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/6/2018  1:35 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:I see Frank as a 3-D player who needs to work on his 3 ball. I have no problem with a 3-D player but when you're picking at #8 in the lottery you want to get more then a 3-D player out of that slot. I think there's potential of him being more then that and developing his game in going to the basket but he doesn't have the speed/quickness to get around other guards.

Applying these stereotypes to players who are clearly providing more than what is conveyed by them, is exactly what is wrong with how these players are viewed by fans. This need to boil everything down to these memes (like 3 and D player) that are carryover from a bygone era and forcing players into descriptions they don't fit, lead to an undertsanding that's incomplete at best and just completely ourt of whack with reality at worst. Any expectations borne off of that incomplete understanding then just becomes a burden on the said player who now has to fit some magical formula, like what a "3-D lottery pick" needs to be. Can we just judge him on his skills and not on what position he needs to fill? Basketball has evolved beyond these draconian positions and memes.

There are people who see Ben Simmons as PG, and KP as a center and the Greek Freak as a SF - these people are wrong.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/7/2018  9:42 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:I see Frank as a 3-D player who needs to work on his 3 ball. I have no problem with a 3-D player but when you're picking at #8 in the lottery you want to get more then a 3-D player out of that slot. I think there's potential of him being more then that and developing his game in going to the basket but he doesn't have the speed/quickness to get around other guards.

Applying these stereotypes to players who are clearly providing more than what is conveyed by them, is exactly what is wrong with how these players are viewed by fans. This need to boil everything down to these memes (like 3 and D player) that are carryover from a bygone era and forcing players into descriptions they don't fit, lead to an undertsanding that's incomplete at best and just completely ourt of whack with reality at worst. Any expectations borne off of that incomplete understanding then just becomes a burden on the said player who now has to fit some magical formula, like what a "3-D lottery pick" needs to be. Can we just judge him on his skills and not on what position he needs to fill? Basketball has evolved beyond these draconian positions and memes.

There are people who see Ben Simmons as PG, and KP as a center and the Greek Freak as a SF - these people are wrong.

yea... Frank is creating a new meme/position/stereotype. Its called awesome basketball player. Some people here have been really down on him. He is going to be one of the studs and top players in this draft if he stays healthy. Hopefully this year this FO can find a way to add another... or maybe we just get lucky and move up to the top3. I will take either one! (or both!)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/7/2018  10:57 AM

I think it's safe to project Frank as more than a 3 and D player. He can basically do that now. He shot 38% from the corners and Europeans usually see their 3point shooting percentages jump in the second year. He cuts his turnovers and he's, at a minimum, a secondary facilitator who can operate the pick and roll. He's not explosive off the dribble, but he does take up a lot of space with each stride. The key will be strength.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/7/2018  12:15 PM
One man's opinion:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Ira
Member: #91
5/8/2018  8:47 AM
He'll add some muscle in the off-season. In his second year, I think he'll shoot a higher percentage from the three and be less hesitant around the basket.
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
5/8/2018  9:11 AM
I like Frank. The main thing I'm looking for in a point guard is, can he read what the defense is giving him, can he make the right decision, and can he defend. Right now, I believe he can make the proper reads, but he's not strong enough and he's not great attacking the basket yet so he can't fully take advantage. Once he has that figured out, he'll be set. I'd rather he be deficient in these areas, than not having the IQ to see the floor. Those who can't see the floor when entering the league typically never figure it out, ever. We don't need those types of players, we need high IQ players that can adjust to different defensive situations and make the right plays.
Rose is not the answer.
reub
Member: #6227

5/8/2018  6:08 PM
Gudris wrote:According to Synergy Sports Technology, Ntilikina ranked No. 1 in the NBA in points allowed per pick and roll possession.https://dailyknicks.com/2018/04/27/new-york-knicks-frank-ntilikina-stunning-statistic/

STUNNING!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/8/2018  6:22 PM
Dont care where Frank plays, as long as he is aggressive. Sounds like Fizdale is planning on using a 3 guard setup at times, which was something Hornacek was a fan of. Works better for Frank, I imagine. Lets him play off the ball more.

You still need a PG who can bring up the ball, and get to the rim if he sees a lane. Right now that player is Burke. If Frank can become that kind of player, more power to him, and the Knicks.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/8/2018  9:15 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Dont care where Frank plays, as long as he is aggressive. Sounds like Fizdale is planning on using a 3 guard setup at times, which was something Hornacek was a fan of. Works better for Frank, I imagine. Lets him play off the ball more.

You still need a PG who can bring up the ball, and get to the rim if he sees a lane. Right now that player is Burke. If Frank can become that kind of player, more power to him, and the Knicks.

Frank increased his drives and his scoring % on Drives as the season progressed. It’s only a matter of time before he takes over the starting PG job. His D is already there. He has the same Assist Ratio as Burke. Frank is going to benefit most from Fiz’s help.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/9/2018  9:31 AM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Dont care where Frank plays, as long as he is aggressive. Sounds like Fizdale is planning on using a 3 guard setup at times, which was something Hornacek was a fan of. Works better for Frank, I imagine. Lets him play off the ball more.

Frank increased his drives and his scoring % on Drives as the season progressed. It’s only a matter of time before he takes over the starting PG job. His D is already there. He has the same Assist Ratio as Burke. Frank is going to benefit most from Fiz’s help.

I think Fiz, per his press conference, is thinking of positionless basketball for the guards and PF/C. That means Frank will probably be one of the starting guards. Frank wasn't at the presser, but Burke and Mudiay were. My guess is Frank was in France?

Burke isn't owed any money and clearly Fiz's focus is going to be on defense to start. This means Burke is going to the bench. That leaves Dotson and Mudiay...Dotson would probably get the nod on opening night. But Mudiay has the potential to become a Lance Stephenson relentless type due to athleticism, defense. If he develops a jump shot, which is really where his focus needs to be this offseason...watch out.

We will have a good problem on our hands.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
USA
5/9/2018  10:29 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I think Fiz, per his press conference, is thinking of positionless basketball for the guards and PF/C. That means Frank will probably be one of the starting guards. Frank wasn't at the presser, but Burke and Mudiay were. My guess is Frank was in France?

Burke isn't owed any money and clearly Fiz's focus is going to be on defense to start. This means Burke is going to the bench. That leaves Dotson and Mudiay...Dotson would probably get the nod on opening night. But Mudiay has the potential to become a Lance Stephenson relentless type due to athleticism, defense. If he develops a jump shot, which is really where his focus needs to be this offseason...watch out.

Read someplace that Frank was back home but headed to the States for training just before the Draft Lottery, 15 May

GustavBahler

5/9/2018  10:43 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Most of Frank's improvement getting to the rim, was off the ball. Only one PG on the squad knows how to get to the rim and finish with any consistency. Thought Burke's D was respectable, and there were some positive comments from the last regime about his D.

Burke took a big step forward in his game in relatively short order. Im looking forward to seeing how his D looks when he gets back. I agree that Burke is best suited (as of now) off the bench.

All three of them have to be effective getting to the rim, or I doubt this will work. Lets hope that Mudiay and Frank take Fizdale's advice about getting into world class shape. Should help towards that goal.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/9/2018  10:48 AM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Read someplace that Frank was back home but headed to the States for training just before the Draft Lottery, 15 May

notice i left hardaway out :) i think fizdale is going to try and ship him out in the first month if he doesn't shape up :)

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
USA
5/9/2018  10:52 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

notice i left hardaway out :) i think fizdale is going to try and ship him out in the first month if he doesn't shape up :)

Towards the end of the season we all saw THJr literally give up, stop and throw his hands up when something went wrong on D, whether it was him or a teammate. This will not be tolerated

GustavBahler

5/9/2018  10:59 AM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Towards the end of the season we all saw THJr literally give up, stop and throw his hands up when something went wrong on D, whether it was him or a teammate. This will not be tolerated

Guess I missed those moments. I saw a guy taking charges from bigs who were hitting him like a freight train, after being eliminated from the playoffs. Dont believe you do that if you arent serious about D (dont go there Martin ). Room for improvement, but I dont believe Timmy was acting the way you are portraying him this season.

Frank Ntilikina ranks No. 1 in stunning statistic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy