[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Baker Baker... Come in?
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/26/2018  10:21 PM
Yeah go ahead son!!!

I just banked 8+ million from these guys, piece of cake..

That was JH guy and unless he comes back lights out, he's going to see almost no minutes. He has got to be pinching himself every morning like "is THIS SHT REAL".

Set for life after 25 games in the NBA..

Think he's going to opt out?

ES
AUTOADVERT
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

4/26/2018  10:27 PM
Thanks for the mention. I couldn't even remember his name....
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
4/27/2018  7:59 AM
BAker needs to go. I like him but he is not good enough. Bad extension. I don't see where he gets time in the backcourt now....as a 3rd string fine but his pay is too high.
knicks1248
4/27/2018  8:14 AM
he's practically making the same as KOQ with 1/10th of the production.

Are we to expect more contracts like this, give some G- league player 70% of the 8.6mill MLE..wouldn't surprise.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2018  8:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:he's practically making the same as KOQ with 1/10th of the production.

Are we to expect more contracts like this, give some G- league player 70% of the 8.6mill MLE..wouldn't surprise.

Whining not becoming.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/27/2018  9:35 AM
guy plays his ass off, gets hurt and you make a thread about where are you in late April?

Go get some coffee man... maybe read a comic or smell a flower.

Baker will be great to have in the mix. If he could hit the 3 he would be even better. If he doesnt he's a one year hustle guy who will play his ass off on defense for a year. Boo hoo hoo.... we have an expiring contract for $4mm. My god, the franchise is ruined!

1248.. this is what you are bringing to the table?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
4/27/2018  9:36 AM
has a no trade clause. i guess when steve mills shows us who he is, we should believe him.
fishmike
USA
4/27/2018  10:01 AM
anrst wrote:has a no trade clause. i guess when steve mills shows us who he is, we should believe him.
its not a no trade clause. Its like what Mirotic had. Because he's a type of player on a short deal it means if he's traded he losses his bird right, so therefore has to approve any trades.

But yea... if that doesnt work with an agenda folks can always change things up

knicks1248
4/27/2018  10:31 AM
fishmike wrote:
anrst wrote:has a no trade clause. i guess when steve mills shows us who he is, we should believe him.
its not a no trade clause. Its like what Mirotic had. Because he's a type of player on a short deal it means if he's traded he losses his bird right, so therefore has to approve any trades.

The knicks are obviously going to add a guard or a wing in the draft or FA

burke
mudaiy
thj
lee
frank.

that's 5 guards on the roster, where do you see him getting in the mix.

I know you read that mills and perry are scouting for guards in Europe while interviewing BLATT.

Are you really saying that bakers has a good contract?

ES
knicks1248
4/27/2018  11:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2018  11:25 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

burke
mudaiy
thj
lee
frank.

I know you read that mills and perry are scouting for guards in Europe while interviewing BLATT.

Hey fellow Knicks fans, I wanted to try getting better at statistics so I figured I would start by doing a little project on one of our rookies from last season, Ron Baker, to see if his play lived up to his woj reported contract.

Methodology: To evaluate if Ron Baker's production equates to his salary I compared Baker's 2016-17 season averages to the averages of players who currently have 2017-18 salaries between 4 million and 5 million dollars (the expected range of Baker's 2017-18 salary based on the Wojnarowski report).

(All data taken from espn.com) Data: Below is a chart showing a comparison between Ron Baker's stat averages from the 2016-17 NBA season and the average stats of all other players who are being paid Ron Baker's expected salary.http://imgur.com/qaqNdtm

PER Comparison: As you can see in the bar chart below Baker's PER of 7.5 ranks among the worst PER's of all players with his salary. His PER is well below the mean PER of analyzed players which is 11.4. http://imgur.com/HQ96jHB
Ron Baker Individual Averages Compared to Mean of Same Salaried Players: Looking deeper into Baker's individual statistical averages for the 2016-17 season it is clear to see that Ron Baker falls short of expectations in almost every way. In the chart below the red bars illustrate the average for every major measurement category for all players with comparable salaries to Ron Baker. The blue bars illustrate Ron Baker's averages. As you can see from the chart Baker is well below average in most major statistical categories, in particular his scoring production is far worse than the average production that a player with his salary achieves. Baker only slightly beats the mean for assists, steals and http://imgur.com/VKqRtYIturnovers.
Conclusion: The data seems to clearly indicate that Ron Baker is a supremely below average NBA player even when just compared to players who are receiving his relatively small salary. This might have seemed obvious, but I thought it would be cool to illustrate it with some stats. My goal is to get better at this so any positive or negative feedback would be much appreciated!

My issue isn't with Baker, it's the thought process that went into signing him. If your not concern about that, your being naive.

But baker of justin,thats not good judgement

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/27/2018  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2018  11:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

burke
mudaiy
thj
lee
frank.

Hey fellow Knicks fans, I wanted to try getting better at statistics so I figured I would start by doing a little project on one of our rookies from last season, Ron Baker, to see if his play lived up to his woj reported contract.

Methodology: To evaluate if Ron Baker's production equates to his salary I compared Baker's 2016-17 season averages to the averages of players who currently have 2017-18 salaries between 4 million and 5 million dollars (the expected range of Baker's 2017-18 salary based on the Wojnarowski report).

(All data taken from espn.com) Data: Below is a chart showing a comparison between Ron Baker's stat averages from the 2016-17 NBA season and the average stats of all other players who are being paid Ron Baker's expected salary.http://imgur.com/qaqNdtm

PER Comparison: As you can see in the bar chart below Baker's PER of 7.5 ranks among the worst PER's of all players with his salary. His PER is well below the mean PER of analyzed players which is 11.4. http://imgur.com/HQ96jHB
Ron Baker Individual Averages Compared to Mean of Same Salaried Players: Looking deeper into Baker's individual statistical averages for the 2016-17 season it is clear to see that Ron Baker falls short of expectations in almost every way. In the chart below the red bars illustrate the average for every major measurement category for all players with comparable salaries to Ron Baker. The blue bars illustrate Ron Baker's averages. As you can see from the chart Baker is well below average in most major statistical categories, in particular his scoring production is far worse than the average production that a player with his salary achieves. Baker only slightly beats the mean for assists, steals and http://imgur.com/VKqRtYIturnovers.
Conclusion: The data seems to clearly indicate that Ron Baker is a supremely below average NBA player even when just compared to players who are receiving his relatively small salary. This might have seemed obvious, but I thought it would be cool to illustrate it with some stats. My goal is to get better at this so any positive or negative feedback would be much appreciated!

My issue isn't with Baker, it's the thought process that went into signing him. If your not concern about that, your being naive.

You telling yourself off?

Baker was drafted as a 3pt shooter, thats what he was known for in college. Has been a lousy NBA 3pt shooter, that is when he decides to shoot. Which brings us to another problem, his complete lack of agressiveness in spite of playing physical ball. Another guard who wont go to the rim. He isnt afraid of contact, but he wont chip in on offense. Got away with these shortcomings his rookie year because he was a team player, played good D, and moved the ball well. Other than some improved D, saw zero progress on offense. I know he was hurt, not hurt enough to come back with so little game.

Knew he was overpaid at the time. Sorry he's done so little to disprove that notion. Doubt it bothers him.

Nalod
USA
4/27/2018  11:42 AM
His sophomore season was a disaster from the start of camp.
Excuse? Not really, its a reason.
It was a departure from his Rookie year.
Contract? He was a free agent. We did not read about his open market value and naturally we just assume knicks bumbled it.
The kid was solid. If he was over paid, ok, but by how much? In Retrospect it looks bad.
As for "thought process"? Take a kid undrafted and after his rookie year say he would have been a late first rounder or early to mid second, and pay him?
Like I said, no injury and we let him go to another team then question that thought process?
Baker sucked last year.
Knicks likely to draft a front court player. Its not a forgone conclusion we take another guard.
fishmike
USA
4/27/2018  11:43 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

burke
mudaiy
thj
lee
frank.

Are you really saying Baker's contract is an issue? If you are you are less intelligent than your posting suggests. 23 year old gets gets a 2 year for $4mm per. If he sticks great. If he doesnt fine. Was he overpaid? Maybe, but there is zero issue. If anything the message to young undrafted players is come here and work hard and you will get some money.. but yea... I could see how YOU would think that would be problem.

Its funny.. you rip apart the Knicks for bringing in non defenders like Burke or Mudiay. Then you rip them for having Baker. You are just a grumpy salty pissy guy who repeats the same complaints with no context or meaning... but yea man, Baker will get into the mix.

fishmike
USA
4/27/2018  11:45 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

burke
mudaiy
thj
lee
frank.

Baker was drafted as a 3pt shooter, thats what he was known for in college. Has been a lousy NBA 3pt shooter, that is when he decides to shoot. Which brings us to another problem, his complete lack of agressiveness in spite of playing physical ball. Another guard who wont go to the rim. He isnt afraid of contact, but he wont chip in on offense. Got away with these shortcomings his rookie year because he was a team player, played good D, and moved the ball well. Other than some improved D, saw zero progress on offense. I know he was hurt, not hurt enough to come back with so little game.

Knew he was overpaid at the time. Sorry he's done so little to disprove that notion. Doubt it bothers him.

Baker is afraid of contact? Have you seen him play 1 minute? He's not a guy who get the rim off dribble penetration. Its not in his skill set. Afraid of contact? The guy broke his face and shoulder because he was NOT.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/27/2018  11:48 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

burke
mudaiy
thj
lee
frank.

Baker is afraid of contact? Have you seen him play 1 minute? He's not a guy who get the rim off dribble penetration. Its not in his skill set. Afraid of contact? The guy broke his face and shoulder because he was NOT.

Read it again fishmike

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/27/2018  11:50 AM
I'm still laughing at this chart and seeing why it was brought up as a good look into players. Jahil Okafor is near the top, Jaylen Brown is below the mean. Yay.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
4/27/2018  12:15 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

burke
mudaiy
thj
lee
frank.

Are you really saying Baker's contract is an issue? If you are you are less intelligent than your posting suggests. 23 year old gets gets a 2 year for $4mm per. If he sticks great. If he doesnt fine. Was he overpaid? Maybe, but there is zero issue. If anything the message to young undrafted players is come here and work hard and you will get some money.. but yea... I could see how YOU would think that would be problem.

Its funny.. you rip apart the Knicks for bringing in non defenders like Burke or Mudiay. Then you rip them for having Baker. You are just a grumpy salty pissy guy who repeats the same complaints with no context or meaning... but yea man, Baker will get into the mix.

I have been pro burke since he was lighting it up the g- league, and literally wanted to slap the sht of JH for waiting until the season was a loss caus to play him.

Again your missing my point.

Like the JR smith brother signing(when we desperately needed a back up center for tyson), we signed baker when we desperately needed a starting PG.

In both of this cases, MILLs ALONE was responsible. weather it was a one yr or 4, it's not what you do with 9 million dollars when you have other pressing needs

I certainly didn't rip Mudiay either because we Obviously needed a pg (since we signed baker) and Mcdermott sucked.

You was the chief culprit who said i was ridiculous for thinking the knicks should have signed RONDO for 3.3 mil Avg 8ppg 4 rbds, 8.3 ast, they went out and got jack instead..HAHA

ES
knicks1248
4/27/2018  12:17 PM
martin wrote:I'm still laughing at this chart and seeing why it was brought up as a good look into players. Jahil Okafor is near the top, Jaylen Brown is below the mean. Yay.

the chart was more from last season to early this yr stats

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/27/2018  12:25 PM
4 mil for NBA is like 25K for regular worker... Who cares about this guy cleaning the office toilets...?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
4/27/2018  12:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

burke
mudaiy
thj
lee
frank.

I have been pro burke since he was lighting it up the g- league, and literally wanted to slap the sht of JH for waiting until the season was a loss caus to play him.

Again your missing my point.

Like the JR smith brother signing(when we desperately needed a back up center for tyson), we signed baker when we desperately needed a starting PG.

In both of this cases, MILLs ALONE was responsible. weather it was a one yr or 4, it's not what you do with 9 million dollars when you have other pressing needs

I certainly didn't rip Mudiay either because we Obviously needed a pg (since we signed baker) and Mcdermott sucked.

You was the chief culprit who said i was ridiculous for thinking the knicks should have signed RONDO for 3.3 mil Avg 8ppg 4 rbds, 8.3 ast, they went out and got jack instead..HAHA

If you do Rondo, which rondo did you get? SAC Rondo? Or Pelican Rondo?
You get Rondo, You don't get Burke. You think Rondo on a young team is a good idea? Your not reading up on what makes this dude tick and what does not.
Burke had to go thru Gleague, and acclimate to NBA and team to get to where he was. Its not enough he did it, you think it should happen sooner?
Your great at hindsight critique.
Baker is your hard-on of the week? You just wake up and realize his contract? what happened to FrankHate?
Obviously I am ignorant to think I or others can open your eyes with facts or things like "go to the moment the decision was made". Instead you second guess the obvious.
Baker sucked this year. If not for his contracts we'd likely release him. But that's not the reality we face. You want to pin it on Mills? Have at it.
You need that outlet, have fun!
I don't know the plan for Baker. Maybe we trade Clee. Maybe not. Maybe THjr gets traded. You tell us. Your the resident Nostradamus. Just do it before it happens.

Baker Baker... Come in?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy