[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ATL Let’s Budenholzer Go!
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
4/27/2018  8:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2018  8:11 AM
Very quiet on the KNicks coaching front this past week. (edit - Blatt was interviewed yesterday in Europe) I think all the candidates have been interviewed right? So what is the hold up? Coach Budz is a FA like the rest so that is not it.

This makes me think they are going in a different direction or they are completely confused! Bring the top 3 in for 2nd interviews, let's go!! I really hope they don't miss out on a good coach because of inept decision making.

Coach Budz has proven he can wing with low talent and he is a teacher. He wants NY. Defense first.....and yes, some triangle too....maybe that's it? Whatever he calls it, his offense is mostly good.

https://bballbreakdown.com/2014/12/12/mike-budenholzer-beautiful-ever-varying-schemes/

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2018  8:42 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Very quiet on the KNicks coaching front this past week. (edit - Blatt was interviewed yesterday in Europe) I think all the candidates have been interviewed right? So what is the hold up? Coach Budz is a FA like the rest so that is not it.

This makes me think they are going in a different direction or they are completely confused! Bring the top 3 in for 2nd interviews, let's go!! I really hope they don't miss out on a good coach because of inept decision making.

Coach Budz has proven he can wing with low talent and he is a teacher. He wants NY. Defense first.....and yes, some triangle too....maybe that's it? Whatever he calls it, his offense is mostly good.

https://bballbreakdown.com/2014/12/12/mike-budenholzer-beautiful-ever-varying-schemes/

Seemingly no other team is on the verge of signing except in Memphis to bring back Bickerstaff.
Makes e think there was a league plan to give some guys some time to interview. There are candidates still coaching in the playoffs.
These things are not apparently a transparent event for fans.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/27/2018  11:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2018  11:09 AM
Nalod wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Very quiet on the KNicks coaching front this past week. (edit - Blatt was interviewed yesterday in Europe) I think all the candidates have been interviewed right? So what is the hold up? Coach Budz is a FA like the rest so that is not it.

Seemingly no other team is on the verge of signing except in Memphis to bring back Bickerstaff.
Makes e think there was a league plan to give some guys some time to interview. There are candidates still coaching in the playoffs.

Budenholzer seems like the marquis choice given his pedigree. Said he wants to coach the Knicks. Teams waiting to see if the Knicks make an offer before moving forward. Im sure there are lots of teams with vacancies (or not) who would be interested in Bud. Once his destination is determined, Im guessing the other dominos will fall. Vacancies will be filled.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/27/2018  1:06 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Budenholzer seems like the marquis choice given his pedigree. Said he wants to coach the Knicks. Teams waiting to see if the Knicks make an offer before moving forward. Im sure there are lots of teams with vacancies (or not) who would be interested in Bud. Once his destination is determined, Im guessing the other dominos will fall. Vacancies will be filled.

Agreed! This is the big move right now. IMO Bud has to be the top choice. I’m guessing the Knicks are prepping an offer right now. He checks all the boxes they say they want.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/27/2018  1:54 PM
Don't they still have the San Antonio assistant to interview?

Maybe they have made their decision, and it is Larranaga - and they won't announce his signing until the Celtics are finished with the play offs - isn't that typically how they handle it?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2018  2:03 PM
franco12 wrote:Don't they still have the San Antonio assistant to interview?

Maybe they have made their decision, and it is Larranaga - and they won't announce his signing until the Celtics are finished with the play offs - isn't that typically how they handle it?

There are how many teams interviewing? Maybe even Milwaukee?
I think its possible that the league wants guys to have some even chances like guys that are still coaching.
Budd's my top choice. No doubt he is the hot flavor of the month. Stack is moved on back to Blatt/Fizz area!! LOL

reub
Member: #6227

4/27/2018  5:26 PM
I can see us signing Bud on Monday, possibly. The front office doesn't want to share publicity with the NFL draft going on right now.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/27/2018  5:59 PM
reub wrote:I can see us signing Bud on Monday, possibly. The front office doesn't want to share publicity with the NFL draft going on right now.

also, Knicks in Europe with Blatt and doing scouting.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ATL Let’s Budenholzer Go!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy