[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Noah & Lee for Whiteside.
Author Thread
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

5/2/2018  1:16 PM
fishmike wrote:Whiteside was hurt last year. A lot. He's 28 and one year removed from being one of the best defensive players in the league and extremely productive. No way we could get him for Noah and Lee. But Miami has no draft pick so proposing this on draft day and including pick #9 is more feasible.

Please, when a player is discussed as a year removed from defensive player of the year, it makes me shudder. Almost like i'm being set up for something... again.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/2/2018  1:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:https://www.theringer.com/nba-playoffs/2018/4/17/17246570/hassan-whiteside-miami-heat-joel-embiid
I think this article does a good job of detailing Whiteside's problems getting in a groove this year. First take away is his defense has been overrated. Still, he could be a nice piece if it wasn't for the salary. It would make us more exciting, but it wouldn't really move the needle. There is a reason he's a had a negativity plus/minus for most of his career in Miami.

Funny, but after reading that, I'd look at trading for him - but as others have said - has to be to erase our mistakes (Noah) and long term contract (Lee) and if Kanter and possibly KOQ opt out.

I think he needs a new situation, and an organization that can help him develop a bit.

With KP out, he would certainly have a chance to be the center piece of the offense & maybe he opts out after this year.

With Noah, he's not going anywhere and I doubt he can contribute to winning anything but the tank!

When KP comes back - who knows, maybe you trade Whiteside (assuming he has rehabilitated his performance and image).

I guess as a team that is short of assets and not going anywhere for at least the next season or two - might as well pick through the manure in hopes of finding a nugget of gold!

meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

5/2/2018  11:08 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
fishmike wrote:Whiteside was hurt last year. A lot. He's 28 and one year removed from being one of the best defensive players in the league and extremely productive. No way we could get him for Noah and Lee. But Miami has no draft pick so proposing this on draft day and including pick #9 is more feasible.

Please, when a player is discussed as a year removed from defensive player of the year, it makes me shudder. Almost like i'm being set up for something... again.

Fair point

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Noah & Lee for Whiteside.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy