[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Noah & Lee for Whiteside.
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
4/25/2018  4:29 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772521-heat-trade-rumors-hassan-whiteside-deal-to-be-explored-by-miami

How about Noah & Lee for Whiteside.

AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/25/2018  4:30 PM
Why would Miami want anything to do with Noah and Lee?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/25/2018  4:32 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Why would Miami want anything to do with Noah and Lee?

Why would Knicks want anything to do with whiteside?

meloshouldgo

4/25/2018  4:46 PM
Nalod wrote:

who said we did?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/25/2018  4:55 PM
Nalod wrote:

This.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/25/2018  5:00 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:

who said we did?

I didn't watch the series. Did Hassan dog it or did Philly just space him out the game? Sounds like the same issue we have with Kanter. Doesnt matter how dominant you are inside, teams can take you out if you can't cover the perimeter and play the PnR.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo

4/25/2018  8:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:

who said we did?

I didn't watch the series. Did Hassan dog it or did Philly just space him out the game? Sounds like the same issue we have with Kanter. Doesnt matter how dominant you are inside, teams can take you out if you can't cover the perimeter and play the PnR.

I didn't watch either but he is invisible on stats.

fwk00
Member: #6048

4/25/2018  9:09 PM
Don't want him.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/27/2018  11:46 AM
Whiteside? I'd take Bargnani back for Noah at this point.

Perry making Noah and that toxic contract go away for anything not involving giving up 1st round draft picks would be GM of the year stuff.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/27/2018  11:57 AM
For Whiteside! 💥
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/27/2018  12:33 PM
We need to legalize weed in NY first.
Then Noah will be very useful instructor to select the best varieties available.
Seriously he cannot be traded, we need to pay heavily to get read of his salary.
So better let him clime the trees in the rain forest and save the green earth and endangered animals.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/27/2018  1:48 PM
If you could trade Noah for Whiteside - that is probably a win from the stand point of youth and the production for the remainder of their contracts.

But Whiteside is owed a lot of money- so not exactly sure how that plays out from a value stand point.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/1/2018  11:34 AM
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/1/2018  12:08 PM
Whiteside was hurt last year. A lot. He's 28 and one year removed from being one of the best defensive players in the league and extremely productive. No way we could get him for Noah and Lee. But Miami has no draft pick so proposing this on draft day and including pick #9 is more feasible.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG

5/1/2018  12:44 PM
fishmike wrote:Whiteside was hurt last year. A lot. He's 28 and one year removed from being one of the best defensive players in the league and extremely productive. No way we could get him for Noah and Lee. But Miami has no draft pick so proposing this on draft day and including pick #9 is more feasible.

A definite "no" if the pick is included in talks. A "hell no" if Kanter is still on the books. That said, still not clear what the issues where in the playoffs. Whiteside seemed like he wanted to play and I've learned to take any Riley quotes with a grain of salt. Theyve got Bam, so it would only make sense that they want to get rid of Whiteside's deal. Did Philly space Whiteside out of the game or did he dog it?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/1/2018  1:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/1/2018  1:17 PM
giving up any asset that might be deemed a "future asset" for an overpaid malcontent would be a typical Knicks move. NO TO ANY PICKS. Hell, if they traded Dotson for Whiteside it would piss me off (Trevor Ariza anyone?)

also, no in general. Noah has less money per year and less years than Whiteside. I am not interested in adding that kind of salary for a guy that can barely shoot 10+ feet away. I would rather add Noel for the veteran's minimum

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Mike1989
Member: #8627

5/1/2018  1:37 PM

Miami moved towards a more modern style of basketball as the season went on and especially attempted to play more expansively in the play offs. I suspect that the 3-and-D potential of Lee has appeal in their system, and Noah might be willing to accept a restricted role and be a team player whereas Whiteside wants to be "the guy" in a featured role. If the rumors are true that there has been issues between coach and Whiteside, shedding his contract will be important this off season and how many teams are going to offer a better deal for Whiteside?

Looking down the eastern conference I don't see an obvious fit other than maybe the Cavaliers if LeBron James decides to stay, or perhaps the Chicago Bulls if they wanted someone to grab rebounds and block shots and be an option on offense. Out west maybe the Lakers could be tempted if they swing and miss on their primary targets, and maybe the Mavericks decide to go all in to improve after a year of tanking. But in all honesty I don't see those teams throwing lots at Miami for Whiteside. His value has gone down significantly so I suspect they'll want whatever they can get in return for him if he's heading for the exit.

franco12 wrote:If you could trade Noah for Whiteside - that is probably a win from the stand point of youth and the production for the remainder of their contracts.

But Whiteside is owed a lot of money- so not exactly sure how that plays out from a value stand point.

Contract wise...

Whiteside is owed $25.4 million in 2018-19, and has a player option of $27 million in 2019-20.

Noah is owed $18.5 million and $19 million, while Courtney Lee is owed $12.2 million and $12.7 million over the next two seasons.

So potentially we could clear cap space in 2019 IF Whiteside opted out of his contract in pursuit of another pay day, however based on his current career trajectory I doubt he would opt out of that contract because I don't see him getting paid that kind of money on his next contract unless he had some kind of reemergence with us.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/1/2018  2:04 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:giving up any asset that might be deemed a "future asset" for an overpaid malcontent would be a typical Knicks move. NO TO ANY PICKS. Hell, if they traded Dotson for Whiteside it would piss me off (Trevor Ariza anyone?)

also, no in general. Noah has less money per year and less years than Whiteside. I am not interested in adding that kind of salary for a guy that can barely shoot 10+ feet away. I would rather add Noel for the veteran's minimum

They have the same years... Lee/Noah frees up space to play a young guard and doesnt impact the Knicks cap. In fact if they wanted to stretch Noah a deal like this makes more sense because they could stretch more $ and save more. Regardless its the same length deals. Add Lance to that as well.

I really dont like much about Whiteside and surely not at that price point but there is a buy low potential here worth exploring.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/1/2018  3:08 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:giving up any asset that might be deemed a "future asset" for an overpaid malcontent would be a typical Knicks move. NO TO ANY PICKS. Hell, if they traded Dotson for Whiteside it would piss me off (Trevor Ariza anyone?)

They have the same years... Lee/Noah frees up space to play a young guard and doesnt impact the Knicks cap. In fact if they wanted to stretch Noah a deal like this makes more sense because they could stretch more $ and save more. Regardless its the same length deals. Add Lance to that as well.

I really dont like much about Whiteside and surely not at that price point but there is a buy low potential here worth exploring.

okay, same years, still not interested. Totally unwilling to take on additional salary for a Noah+ situation

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG

5/1/2018  4:51 PM
https://www.theringer.com/nba-playoffs/2018/4/17/17246570/hassan-whiteside-miami-heat-joel-embiid
I think this article does a good job of detailing Whiteside's problems getting in a groove this year. First take away is his defense has been overrated. Still, he could be a nice piece if it wasn't for the salary. It would make us more exciting, but it wouldn't really move the needle. There is a reason he's a had a negativity plus/minus for most of his career in Miami.
Noah & Lee for Whiteside.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy