[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Knicks Process
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/25/2018  9:23 AM
How pissd must Sam Hinkie be the whole world is lauding “THE PROCESS”!!
Let’s not forget the formula, or key ingredient for “The Process” is:
PAIN!
They accepted it. Used it to their advantage.
Knicks ownership feared it and thus procrastinated.
I feel this is the first year we allowed it. Once KP went down the team went young and developed. You need Vets to do that effectively. We were the second worst team since mid December?
No trades to bolster that decline. Knicks let it happen.
Front office does to believe the coach to be the man going forward. So we get a reboot there.
Phil was the bridge. Knicks crossed and hopefully the old way won’t infect the future as it has in the past.
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/25/2018  10:21 AM
Nalod wrote:How pissd must Sam Hinkie be the whole world is lauding “THE PROCESS”!!
PAIN!
I feel this is the first year we allowed it. Once KP went down the team went young and developed. You need Vets to do that effectively. We were the second worst team since mid December?
Front office does to believe the coach to be the man going forward. So we get a reboot there.
Phil was the bridge. Knicks crossed and hopefully the old way won’t infect the future as it has in the past.

Philly WON 10 GAMES 2 YRS AGO,worst record in the league and are now in the 2nd round of the playoffs

We won 17 games 3 yrs ago, and still suck with another yr of sucking on the horizon. We have no process

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/25/2018  10:28 AM
Nalod wrote:How pissd must Sam Hinkie be the whole world is lauding “THE PROCESS”!!
PAIN!

You can’t half azz it. You have to be willing to lose and lose by playing the young players. It’s an end to end process and you can never allow the thought of playoffs creep in. It’s all about developing the young. When KP was getting nagging injuries they should have allowed him time off to an excessive extent. It meant playing Willie and never even giving Kanter a thought.

Does this organization have the balls for the process without the thought of free agency creeping in. I feel this team will never have the stomach for the process and will continue to look for bandaids.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/25/2018  10:32 AM
Vmart wrote:
PAIN!

You can’t half azz it. You have to be willing to lose and lose by playing the young players. It’s an end to end process and you can never allow the thought of playoffs creep in. It’s all about developing the young. When KP was getting nagging injuries they should have allowed him time off to an excessive extent. It meant playing Willie and never even giving Kanter a thought.

Does this organization have the balls for the process without the thought of free agency creeping in. I feel this team will never have the stomach for the process and will continue to look for bandaids.

are you suggesting that its either process or band-aids? Cause the other teams in the playoffs didnt take the same route...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
USA
4/25/2018  10:40 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
PAIN!

are you suggesting that its either process or band-aids? Cause the other teams in the playoffs didnt take the same route...

Yes I’m suggesting it. I’m a believer that you have to get your core through the draft. KP and Ntlikina is a start. I felt we could have played Willie a lot more and Dotson also. I feel the Knicks have some talent but they need that one more piece through the draft. Remember Philly is doing this and still have a number one overall in the bench that isn’t being used. The point I always make to you guys is that when you draft high it created value for the organization. Philly has Fultz that they aren’t using if they feel they are close the can easily create a deal for a Kawhi using Fultz and this years pick. The process just isn’t about getting talent it’s also about creating value. Create the core then add the pieces.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/25/2018  10:41 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
PAIN!

Philly WON 10 GAMES 2 YRS AGO,worst record in the league and are now in the 2nd round of the playoffs

We won 17 games 3 yrs ago, and still suck with another yr of sucking on the horizon. We have no process

Hinkie was hired in May 2013

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Vmart
USA
4/25/2018  10:55 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
PAIN!

The Knicks haven’t made the playoffs since 2013.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/25/2018  10:56 AM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
PAIN!

Yes I’m suggesting it. I’m a believer that you have to get your core through the draft. KP and Ntlikina is a start. I felt we could have played Willie a lot more and Dotson also. I feel the Knicks have some talent but they need that one more piece through the draft. Remember Philly is doing this and still have a number one overall in the bench that isn’t being used. The point I always make to you guys is that when you draft high it created value for the organization. Philly has Fultz that they aren’t using if they feel they are close the can easily create a deal for a Kawhi using Fultz and this years pick. The process just isn’t about getting talent it’s also about creating value. Create the core then add the pieces.

Willy didnt play because he was bad and Kanter was better. Doston was buried behind other player and was signed long term to spend the year in G league and he showed why.

You are correct the Knick did NOT commit to losing at Phili did for 5+ years even though they have been losing.

Are the past regimes on Mills and Perry? Do they have to answer for Phil and Isiah?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
4/25/2018  11:14 AM
Vmart wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
PAIN!

Point being Hinkie's process started in 2013 not 2 yrs ago like the picture knicks1248 us painting. Hinkie's process also wasn't perfectly sound and he had more assets like Jrue Holiday and Andre Igoudala to trade away to get multiple lotto picks type value back which he did whiff on.

Knicks have brought in Burke, Frank, Dotson, Williams, Hicks, Kornet, Mudiay and have a 22 yr old all star unicorn. Also 24 yr old Kanter. And all their picks going forward. The Knicks G-league coach won coach of the year and almost all of our G-League players got called up. Meaning we have a strong development process currently.

Philly landed Simmons with the #1, Utah made the playoffs and traded up to land Mitchell #14. Now they are both in the running for ROY and have bright futures with 2 different processes. Gobert was a late first rounder to compare to Embild being a top 5 pick.

Knicks aren't going to make up for the past 5 yrs that not going to be realistic. They need to continue down the path of grinding it out and turning over every stone and targeting 2 way players with high potential. And a strong developmental system like they have formed in the G-league. Clear up contracts like Noah for 2019.

That all started this season.

jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
4/25/2018  11:17 AM
If fans enduring PAIN is the key to the process - we should be World Champs by now!!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/25/2018  11:17 AM
Vmart wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
PAIN!

When you start from scratch, it's about the assets you have and how many years you use them. If we are talking draft picks, Philly had 5 straight years of bad with 5 top 10 draft picks (1, 1, 3, 3, 10, 11) in those years.

Knicks have been bad since 2013 but have had exactly 2 top 10 picks (4, 8).

If you want to equate the Knicks and Philly, and be patient for THIS process to happen, hold your breath for about 3 more years.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
4/25/2018  11:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2018  11:24 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
PAIN!

The process had this team 17-14 and ahead of Philly at one point.
The process had hopes that this young team would improve on the road after a nice easy home schedule.
The process had THjr overcoming a rough start. The process had to allow for him to also learn to even his production.
THe process will not be televised, homogenized or Dolan genocide....
The process had injuries to THjr, our second option.
THe Process suffered a major injury to KP. He was a 22 year old allstar. Only the 8th in NBA history.
The process tanked, developed. You do it with vets (they paid JJ redick 23mil to be that guy on that team!! for that very reason)
The process despite winning like 5 games over the last 30 or so still could not gain ground on the true Tank Masters.
The process does not know of the past, it only concerned with what is here and now.
The Process has no memory and no preconceived innate prejudice.
Each era has its own story. Mills might not be the solution but time will tell, but with phil he was not the problem.

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/25/2018  11:58 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
PAIN!

The process had hopes that this young team would improve on the road after a nice easy home schedule.
The process had THjr overcoming a rough start. The process had to allow for him to also learn to even his production.
THe Process suffered a major injury to KP. He was a 22 year old allstar. Only the 8th in NBA history.
The process tanked, developed. You do it with vets (they paid JJ redick 23mil to be that guy on that team!! for that very reason)
The process despite winning like 5 games over the last 30 or so still could not gain ground on the true Tank Masters.
The process does not know of the past, it only concerned with what is here and now.
Each era has its own story. Mills might not be the solution but time will tell, but with phil he was not the problem.

The process includes dumping contracts in exchange for cap space like walsh and phil did. which means Lee, KOQ, Kanter, and lance should have been traded by the deadline 3 months ago. Thats how you speed up the process, not wait 3 yrs for contacts to expire, and continue to be middle of the pack bad.

That's the worse kind of bad, no high picks and no playoffs = inexperience FO

ES
Vmart
USA
4/25/2018  11:59 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
PAIN!

Willy didnt play because he was bad and Kanter was better. Doston was buried behind other player and was signed long term to spend the year in G league and he showed why.

You are correct the Knick did NOT commit to losing at Phili did for 5+ years even though they have been losing.

Are the past regimes on Mills and Perry? Do they have to answer for Phil and Isiah?

They f’ing played Mudiay and he sucked ass.

Vmart
USA
4/25/2018  12:01 PM
jskinny35 wrote:If fans enduring PAIN is the key to the process - we should be World Champs by now!!!!

Unfortunately we feel the pain and don’t get rewarded because of some deluded plan that this organization imposes in its fans.

Nalod
USA
4/25/2018  12:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
PAIN!

The process includes dumping contracts in exchange for cap space like walsh and phil did. which means Lee, KOQ, Kanter, and lance should have been traded by the deadline 3 months ago. Thats how you speed up the process, not wait 3 yrs for contacts to expire, and continue to be middle of the pack bad.

Phil did not trade any of our fist round picks. No high picks because we also had to give away two of our first rounders. That's not on Phil.
Phil and Walsh are not in the vocabulary anymore.
vets like the ones you mystically think we could trade without taking back salary are also part of the youth movement.
We keep going round and round on this. The vets don't win the games but help. Frank and KOQ had great offensive chemistry at times. THat matters.
Notice how good Philly got? JJ Reddick is no star but he was glue for their yoot. Adding Bellinelli and Iryslova off of waivers and plugging them in matters.
THey got them off waivers, how valuable was our guys when you can get quality for free? Lee has two years left on a reasonable deal, Kanter can opt in with 17mil. Those contracts would need for us to take money back.

MS
Member: #724
4/25/2018  12:42 PM
It's not that hard.

Don't overpay injured big men.
Don't sign role players when you don't have starts to multi year deals.
Use veterans on 1 year deals (Rondo, Evans, Reddick, KCP)
Don't trade picks for guys that can't play defense.

newyorknewyork
4/25/2018  1:03 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
PAIN!

Phil did not trade any of our fist round picks. No high picks because we also had to give away two of our first rounders. That's not on Phil.
vets like the ones you mystically think we could trade without taking back salary are also part of the youth movement.
We keep going round and round on this. The vets don't win the games but help. Frank and KOQ had great offensive chemistry at times. THat matters.
Notice how good Philly got? JJ Reddick is no star but he was glue for their yoot. Adding Bellinelli and Iryslova off of waivers and plugging them in matters.
THey got them off waivers, how valuable was our guys when you can get quality for free? Lee has two years left on a reasonable deal, Kanter can opt in with 17mil. Those contracts would need for us to take money back.

Perry clearly had multiple first rounders offered to him for Lee and Kanter and Lance at the deadline. But he was like Nah we don't want these multitude of picks and cap space. Even though KP just got injured and may be out for the next season ad well. He was turning down offers of high value left and right. You should have seen him in action. Was a sight to see.

Nalod
USA
4/25/2018  1:13 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
PAIN!

Perry clearly had multiple first rounders offered to him for Lee and Kanter and Lance at the deadline. But he was like Nah we don't want these multitude of picks and cap space. Even though KP just got injured and may be out for the next season ad well. He was turning down offers of high value left and right. You should have seen him in action. Was a sight to see.

Oh man, I heard rumors to that!!!
I read he turned down a trip in the time machine and was offered bottles of red wine AFTER Amare bathed in it!!!
Also, I read Suns offered: Their pick this year for Lance, KOQ and Lee!!!!
Reason was Dolan did not want to make phil look stupid. Very gracious man!

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/25/2018  1:15 PM
The Knicks won't have the kind of massive high picks that Philly had but I like to compare their chances to that of Golden State because GS was built on Curry a #7, Klay a #11 and Draymond a #35. If it's going to happen for the Knicks they'll have to get it done with KP a #4, Frank a #8, this 2018 pick and the future picks. Also the development of talent, finding reclamation projects and Free Agents. It's going to take smart leadership and some luck.
The Knicks Process

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy