[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

what did the knicks ACTUALLY get for Melo?
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/27/2018  11:01 AM
We got poise. And another guaranteed trip to the lottery. And net nothing. Unless you're still going to be jerking off over the memory of Kanter standing up for Frankie in front of LeQ in another 5 years.

And Perry continued his cleaning of the house.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/27/2018  11:12 AM
smackeddog wrote:We got rid of melo--that was the point and we didn't take on any long term salary in the process

Melo is terrible now--hes a bit player

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/27/2018  11:25 AM
It's amazing to me how players age, on one hand you have LeBron still physically dominating the league whereas Melo is a shell of a shell of himself, both about the same age (Melo 6 months older).

Melo never changed his game to fit his capabilities over time.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jrodmc
USA
4/27/2018  11:35 AM
martin wrote:It's amazing to me how players age, on one hand you have LeBron still physically dominating the league whereas Melo is a shell of a shell of himself, both about the same age (Melo 6 months older).

We see YouTubeLebron hitting weights until they cry uncle. We see YouTubeMelo running drills in a hoodie.

Funny, earlier in the season, when Melo was killing it, nobody was posting sheehit. Interesting.

BRIGGS
Member: #303
4/27/2018  11:44 AM
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:It's amazing to me how players age, on one hand you have LeBron still physically dominating the league whereas Melo is a shell of a shell of himself, both about the same age (Melo 6 months older).

We see YouTubeLebron hitting weights until they cry uncle. We see YouTubeMelo running drills in a hoodie.

Funny, earlier in the season, when Melo was killing it, nobody was posting sheehit. Interesting.

Melo was half way decent the first ten games--then he scked the rest of the way. No arguing that.

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
4/27/2018  11:58 AM
jrodmc wrote:

UltimateOKC.com is for you

jrodmc
USA
4/27/2018  12:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Melo was half way decent the first ten games--then he scked the rest of the way. No arguing that.

BRIGGS, stick to waving your Sixers foam finger, okay? Melo had better stretches of play in December and January, when OKC had some decent winning streaks.
If Melo was sucking completely since November, you would have heard about here before now.

jrodmc
USA
4/27/2018  12:14 PM
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Bitterness doesn't become you martin. Didn't I just sort of call Melo fat?

arkrud
Member: #995
USA
4/27/2018  12:28 PM
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Melo is a cat in the hat.
I like him on any team except Knicks.
He can always help us on the day we play this team.
So huge hugs and always welcome...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

4/27/2018  12:50 PM
Melo looks washed up from being run into the ground for years of over playing in NYC . Imagine where we would be if we never traded for melo? Melo was a waste of time and screwed us for years, and a typical Dolan star plucking move...

Our only hope is if we strike gold in the draft, even when we have faith in the front office, Dolan puts the cabosh on any rebuild as soon as we start to turn the corner.

Like these Kawhi rumors, sure trade away our future #1 picks both lottery bound picks and a young up and coming player in frank for a system star who is injured. If I’m San Antonio I’m dancing a Jij, the New York knicks just bailed out our rebuild, We’ll be back in the playoffs in no time !

Meanwhile we end up with no future and two broke down stars around a bunch of average to below average role players and no first round picks. Sounds like Deja vu for the tenth time since Ewing got traded.

When are we actually going to trust the process of a real rebuild with no bailouts, I guess when Dolan sells the team and when that happens let’s mark it down as the day the Knicks were reborn and turn it into a holiday .

martin
USA
4/27/2018  2:42 PM
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

don't know don't care. Melo plays for a different team and has been a waste of a body for OKC and is nearly done as a player. Wake me up when he scores again in a 4th quarter or has an impact on a playoff game.

ccinflushing
Member: #6061

4/27/2018  2:49 PM
I'd say more oxygen for everyone remaining ..
martin
USA
4/27/2018  2:59 PM
ccinflushing wrote:I'd say more oxygen for everyone remaining ..

Especially KP. Got to feel what it's like to be the focal point of the offense and the focal point of defensive schemes.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/27/2018  7:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2018  7:51 PM
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

don't know don't care. Melo plays for a different team and has been a waste of a body for OKC and is nearly done as a player. Wake me up when he scores again in a 4th quarter or has an impact on a playoff game.

Melo has been exposed for what we already knew him to be - a one dimensional, no defense iso-chucker.
Saying "I told you so" seems to be woefully inadequate at this point. There will always be those that will try to blame Phil for this.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/27/carmelo-anthonys-thunder-role-in-question-after-argument/

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/28/2018  3:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/28/2018  5:02 AM

Remember when we all thought/hoped Melo would age like Paul Pierce!

I don't think Melo was ever the same following that surgery he had for 'jumpers knee' or whatever the professional term is (remember that season where he played through it until the all star game then had surgery)- lost what lift he had.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/28/2018  12:46 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:easier answer.... more than what OKC got. Dude's got a rep for being a poor playoff performer and his first trip back he's just terrible. not having to pay him $28mm next year to be "the man" while he holds the ball is worth it. Knicks are poised to take a nice step forward next year

It's easy to be down after this year, but Knicks do have a nice group moving forward. Porzingis, Ntilikina, Hardaway, Burke, and 2018 1st round pick is a great core group. What we need to do is find a 2nd star to put alongside Porzingis without sacrificing any piece from the core listed. Hardaway is a solid 3rd scorer. Ntilikina should be a fantastic 2-way role player and long-term starter. Burke looks like he will be a nice playmaking guard moving forward. We need that number 1A or 1B guy and the rest will fall into place.

Hardaway matured and played defense for coach bud. Therefore if we secure Coach B then keep Hardaway despite his anemic shooting percentages and lack of D. He’s a #4 for me.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/28/2018  6:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Melo has been exposed for what we already knew him to be - a one dimensional, no defense iso-chucker.
Saying "I told you so" seems to be woefully inadequate at this point. There will always be those that will try to blame Phil for this.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/27/carmelo-anthonys-thunder-role-in-question-after-argument/

Has anyone said that Phil is responsible for Melo's on court play? Phil was responsible for giving out one of the worst contracts in sports. Almost max deal to a guy on the wrong side of 30, ntc, 15 million dollar trade kicker because Melo gave 'a little bit back'. That was on Phil.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/29/2018  12:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2018  12:44 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Has anyone said that Phil is responsible for Melo's on court play?

Actually yes, if I remember correctly. You have, multiple times claimed Phil's mind games was affecting Melo's play. You main theme was the team was winning before Phil called out Melo and then we started losing because Melo sucked ass. Others too, the usual Mello fans. So yes, it's not a stretch to think you would try to blame Phil for how Mello is playing in OKC.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
fwk00
Member: #6048

4/29/2018  10:29 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Actually yes, if I remember correctly. You have, multiple times claimed Phil's mind games was affecting Melo's play. You main theme was the team was winning before Phil called out Melo and then we started losing because Melo sucked ass. Others too, the usual Mello fans. So yes, it's not a stretch to think you would try to blame Phil for how Mello is playing in OKC.

Melo didn't even take the first round exit too hard, - oh, well another lost season - next year will be different - maybe a new coach or GM or whatever - you'll see...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/29/2018  11:10 AM
fwk00 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Melo didn't even take the first round exit too hard, - oh, well another lost season - next year will be different - maybe a new coach or GM or whatever - you'll see...

I am wondering if he does what Wade did. Opt in and get bought out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
what did the knicks ACTUALLY get for Melo?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy