codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
4/27/2018  1:05 PM
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im assuming M Porter will not make it down to 9 but Im taking Khyri Thomas combo guard out of Creighton. Fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on you. This is the smart pick.

So because Mitchell is awesome, you are drafting the player with the closest physical profile at the 9th slot, regardless of where that player is projected to go? Is that the plan here?

Nah Hes not D Mitchell but Im not being fooled by someones age. Hes a late blossoming guy who is a real solid two way player. If I can trade down a tad and pick up two players including Thomas--great. Im staying with Thomas Sexton and Mikal B as the fall back. I think Im passing on big men here.

I think the Knicks take Bridges--just a guess.

Lonnie Walker > Khyri Thomas.

How so? Thomas is certainly the better shooter.

Because having long arms and being a good (but not great) shooter on average mostly catch and shoot volume doesn't make you a player with elite potential. Khyri doesn't have the burst to be a primary offensive threat in the NBA and has inadequate playmaking for the point guard position. He's small for 2 guard at 6' 3". He's redundant with less potential than Frank, who provides better defense and passing at the point guard position.

Lonnie is 98%ile in isolation points per possession in year 1 of college. He's a far superior athlete and has superior ball handling going to the basket as well as side to side. This is not even close from a potential standpoint, and I would not waste a #9 pick on Khyri in any scenario.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/27/2018  3:34 PM
codeunknown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im assuming M Porter will not make it down to 9 but Im taking Khyri Thomas combo guard out of Creighton. Fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on you. This is the smart pick.

So because Mitchell is awesome, you are drafting the player with the closest physical profile at the 9th slot, regardless of where that player is projected to go? Is that the plan here?

Nah Hes not D Mitchell but Im not being fooled by someones age. Hes a late blossoming guy who is a real solid two way player. If I can trade down a tad and pick up two players including Thomas--great. Im staying with Thomas Sexton and Mikal B as the fall back. I think Im passing on big men here.

Because having long arms and being a good (but not great) shooter on average mostly catch and shoot volume doesn't make you a player with elite potential. Khyri doesn't have the burst to be a primary offensive threat in the NBA and has inadequate playmaking for the point guard position. He's small for 2 guard at 6' 3". He's redundant with less potential than Frank, who provides better defense and passing at the point guard position.

Lonnie is 98%ile in isolation points per possession in year 1 of college. He's a far superior athlete and has superior ball handling going to the basket as well as side to side. This is not even close from a potential standpoint, and I would not waste a #9 pick on Khyri in any scenario.

so better athlete and 1-1 scorer. Got it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
codeunknown
4/27/2018  3:55 PM
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Why do you believe Khyri Thomas has more potential?

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
fishmike
USA
4/27/2018  4:16 PM
codeunknown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I dont believe I have ever said that. Not even sure I have suggested the Knicks take Thomas, although I think he will be a good NBA player. We have some glut there so a guy like KThomas would really have to wow me in workouts etc or have the mindset you covet. I dont know a ton about either of them which is what I asked what you saw that you made you say Lonnie Walker > Khyri Thomas.

Was just an honest question. Thanks.

codeunknown
4/27/2018  4:39 PM
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I dont believe I have ever said that. Not even sure I have suggested the Knicks take Thomas, although I think he will be a good NBA player. We have some glut there so a guy like KThomas would really have to wow me in workouts etc or have the mindset you covet. I dont know a ton about either of them which is what I asked what you saw that you made you say Lonnie Walker > Khyri Thomas.

No problem. I thought you may have some additional insight on the comparison.

fishmike
USA
4/27/2018  4:58 PM
codeunknown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

No problem. I thought you may have some additional insight on the comparison.

I dont watch nearly enough CBB. I watch the tourney and a few other games along the way if I am motivated. I scout in reverse. I just cut right to the draft boards. Then watch vids on prospects and I like reading other forums. I read a ton on the Wolfpack forums when reading about Dennis Smith JR... what do the rabid fans who follow every minute think of the guy? I find that kind of reading interesting... from there I kinda follow it out and research the positives and negatives that people who watch them every minute argue over.

I saw a bit of KThomas and I didnt see a guy who lacked athleticism... rather he looked like a pretty good shot maker. We have young guys there Im high on and it didnt look like KThomas was high enough to be in our range... but if MBridges is not there (I think its 50/50 he's not) then who do we take?

Still hate Trea Young

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/28/2018  9:43 AM
The main two guys I'd look at is thomas and sexton with m bridges the fallback
RIP Crushalot😞
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
4/28/2018  12:50 PM
Bamba Carter also then Mikal
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/28/2018  3:24 PM
BRIGGS wrote:The main two guys I'd look at is thomas and sexton with m bridges the fallback

Is that your order?

Briggs picks:

Khyri Thomas....
If gone, Sexton.
If gone, Mikhal Bridges.
Correct?

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
4/28/2018  9:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/28/2018  9:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:The main two guys I'd look at is thomas and sexton with m bridges the fallback

What's the obsession with scoring first point guards in Sexton? I don't get it.

Best case scenario is Russell Westbrook and you won't be winning a championship with that kind of player.

Rose is not the answer.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/29/2018  3:32 AM
knickstorrents wrote:

Best case scenario is Russell Westbrook and you won't be winning a championship with that kind of player.

Mitchell and Oladipo's performances in the playoffs will make combo guards popular again

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/30/2018  10:38 AM
smackeddog wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:

Mitchell and Oladipo's performances in the playoffs will make combo guards popular again

I've thought this for years - bottom line- in the play offs you need to be able to score off the dribble - either penetrating or creating jump shots or setting up team mates.

KP might be a unicorn, but he will need help.

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
5/2/2018  9:34 AM
franco12 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:

I've thought this for years - bottom line- in the play offs you need to be able to score off the dribble - either penetrating or creating jump shots or setting up team mates.

KP might be a unicorn, but he will need help.

That is probably true, but more important at this stage of our development is having a good offensive system in place, where players get easy shots, lots of ball movement, and trusting the open man to make the shot. Having a scoring first guard is one of the last things I'd get because it stifles the development of the rest of the team.

Rose is not the answer.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/2/2018  4:01 PM
3 pages and not one mention of my biggest lottery sleeper pick in Shai Gilgeous Alexander. This kid has the length and defense of Frank with an actual offensive game. Not saying i'd draft him at #9 because i don't know who's gonna be sitting there but watch out for this kid.
Final pick for 2018 if we stay at 9

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy