[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Final pick for 2018 if we stay at 9
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/25/2018  10:49 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Khyri Thomas over Collin Sexton? Are you off your meds?

Sexton imo wont be there at 9. Cavs will take him at 8 unless they get in the top 3.

I would go Bamba as first option
Carter at 2nd option

While I like Mikal Bridges I would like a trade down for multiple pieces better then strictly drafting him. A trade down to nab Khyrie, Hutchinson, & Johntay probably using our 2nd and another asset to get a late first and give him a promise.

I agree with you, but as of right now nbadraft.net has him going #10

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/25/2018  10:55 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Sexton imo wont be there at 9. Cavs will take him at 8 unless they get in the top 3.

I would go Bamba as first option
Carter at 2nd option

While I like Mikal Bridges I would like a trade down for multiple pieces better then strictly drafting him. A trade down to nab Khyrie, Hutchinson, & Johntay probably using our 2nd and another asset to get a late first and give him a promise.

I agree with you, but as of right now nbadraft.net has him going #10

Me personally I wouldn't draft Sexton for the Knicks. Like I said last yr. Scoring lead guards come around every yr and are the easiest prospects to acquire. I would use the high lotto positions we currently will be having to collect unique players with unique skills that are hard to acquire.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

4/25/2018  2:03 PM
My choice is Knox with the 9th pick. A bigger , stronger version of Bridges, but two years younger. We could possibly trade down and get Knox AND Khyri in the same round.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/25/2018  2:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2018  2:13 PM
Honestly if you're looking for the closest thing to Mitchell, it's Miles Bridges. Like Mitchell, he's a sophomore stuck between 2 positions and has become forgotten about with a strong freshman class. But he is an elite athlete and 2-way contributor, who will need to figure out his role at the NBA level. That is the same situation Mitchell came into the league with. If he becomes an instant contributor and potential NBA star, people will look at this strengths and wonder how he fell to be back end of the lottery. The answer is same as Mitchell, stuck between positions and not a freshman.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/25/2018  2:26 PM

Those are the two guys that Id be looking at. Not interested in big man/only fair interested in M Bridges(Villanova) as fall back choice. I see Trae Young as a top 5 pick(and little Knick interest anyway)so that leaves me with Sexton and Thomas. Sexton is younger and more explosive. Thomas is built like a football player but not the athlete. Thomas is a 3 time BE defensive player 1st team a great rebounder for a guard a consistent shooter with great form decent passer and ballhandler not as explosive as youd like--or hed be a top 5 pick easy. The one negative that I see with Thomas that Sexton has looks like he has more confidence. Thomas can get lost a bit in games offensively. I like the Jrue Holiday comparison with Thomas--thats pretty good. So Jrue Holiday is a pretty good NBA player? If Sexton shows off the charts and is available--who knows?

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
4/25/2018  2:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2018  2:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Those are the two guys that Id be looking at. Not interested in big man/only fair interested in M Bridges(Villanova) as fall back choice. I see Trae Young as a top 5 pick(and little Knick interest anyway)so that leaves me with Sexton and Thomas. Sexton is younger and more explosive. Thomas is built like a football player but not the athlete. Thomas is a 3 time BE defensive player 1st team a great rebounder for a guard a consistent shooter with great form decent passer and ballhandler not as explosive as youd like--or hed be a top 5 pick easy. The one negative that I see with Thomas that Sexton has looks like he has more confidence. Thomas can get lost a bit in games offensively. I like the Jrue Holiday comparison with Thomas--thats pretty good. So Jrue Holiday is a pretty good NBA player? If Sexton shows off the charts and is available--who knows?

Briggs, you must see all of the similarities between Mitchell and Miles Bridges right? You have never made any mention of him, but he is the closest thing in terms of under-the-radar guy who is lottery talent.

awe1028
Member: #2780

4/25/2018  2:54 PM
Mikal Mikal Mikal he has to be the pick if he is there. Unless the Knicks get lucky and jump into the top three,the they are not getting a impact superstar offensive player. The only way the Knicks are contender is by doubling down on elite 2 way defensive players. Mikal is the best perimeter defender in the draft.

Another positive to drafting Mikal is his versatility. If the Knicks were to sign Kawhi as a free agent for example or lets say draft Zion Williamson he could seamlessly slide to the 2 guard. In fact his playing the 2 would probably be better as his massive wingspan would pose more of a problem for the shorter 2s.

If Mikal is not there then my second choice is Wendell Carter. If both Bridges and Carter are gone then a trade down to get khyri Thomas as a poster above suggested would be my move. In such a scenario I would probably draft Robert Williams with the second pick because of his defensive potential.

BRIGGS
4/25/2018  3:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Briggs, you must see all of the similarities between Mitchell and Miles Bridges right? You have never made any mention of him, but he is the closest thing in terms of under-the-radar guy who is lottery talent.

I dont like the Bridges from MST

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
4/25/2018  3:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2018  3:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

But why not? What are your issues with him? He is just like Mitchell. Great athlete, good potential on both ends, but stuck between positions and unknown role coming into the league. Last year he was talked about as a top 5 pick in most drafts, then he comes back this year, is played out of position and his numbers don't really improve. But the talent is absolutely there, just like it always was with Mitchell.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/25/2018  3:40 PM
These elite athletic combo-forwards scare the heck out of me - if we're looking for a top-3 option on offense-sort of player. Lots of these guys find themselves without a position in the NBA, but they're lacking something. A few come to mind:

Derrick Williams
Marvin Williams
Tyrus Thomas
Corey Brewer

And to a somewhat lesser extent:
Justise Winslow
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

All of them were lottery picks that never turned out "AWESOME" at the NBA level, but they're all pretty much lined up to have had long NBA careers.

Thomas is probably the least productive of the bunch, but even he managed an 8+ year NBA career. (it's tough to call someone who's made $46m+ over the course of his career a failure!)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BRIGGS
4/25/2018  3:58 PM
RIP Crushalot😞
SupremeCommander

4/25/2018  4:18 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

But why not? What are your issues with him? He is just like Mitchell. Great athlete, good potential on both ends, but stuck between positions and unknown role coming into the league. Last year he was talked about as a top 5 pick in most drafts, then he comes back this year, is played out of position and his numbers don't really improve. But the talent is absolutely there, just like it always was with Mitchell.

I am a big fan of him at the college level but I have significant doubts about him in the pros... he is a PF in a SF's body. He bullied players in college, won't be able to in the pros

SupremeCommander

4/25/2018  4:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

If the Knicks want a guard and Sexton is available (as projected) it would be reckless to do anything other than draft Sexton

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/25/2018  4:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

They got these awesome videos on players that did not have a big impact on NBA players also.
The cool music, never miss, great defense, concentrated impressionable stuff is so amazing.

Knixkik
USA
4/25/2018  4:37 PM
technomaster wrote:These elite athletic combo-forwards scare the heck out of me - if we're looking for a top-3 option on offense-sort of player. Lots of these guys find themselves without a position in the NBA, but they're lacking something. A few come to mind:

Derrick Williams
Marvin Williams
Tyrus Thomas
Corey Brewer

Justise Winslow
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

All of them were lottery picks that never turned out "AWESOME" at the NBA level, but they're all pretty much lined up to have had long NBA careers.

Thomas is probably the least productive of the bunch, but even he managed an 8+ year NBA career. (it's tough to call someone who's made $46m+ over the course of his career a failure!)

None of the guys listed can shoot. I think tweeners that can't shoot is the biggest problem.

SupremeCommander

4/25/2018  4:41 PM
Knixkik wrote:
technomaster wrote:These elite athletic combo-forwards scare the heck out of me - if we're looking for a top-3 option on offense-sort of player. Lots of these guys find themselves without a position in the NBA, but they're lacking something. A few come to mind:

Derrick Williams
Marvin Williams
Tyrus Thomas
Corey Brewer

Justise Winslow
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

None of the guys listed can shoot. I think tweeners that can't shoot is the biggest problem.

Mr. Walking Bucket could shoot... he was a tweener... and while he has 'produced', safe to say he was a bust

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/25/2018  5:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2018  5:14 PM

Derrick Williams
Marvin Williams
Tyrus Thomas
Corey Brewer

Justise Winslow
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

It usually comes down to two things been these guys. The first one is fit. Marvin Williams was probably best suited as a stretch four, but they had Josh Smith. Two talented players who didn't fit. The second thing is the player's IQ. Derrick Williams, Anthony Randolph, Mr. Walking Buckets...those guys clearly have the talent to play in the NBA. But they weren't smart enough to use their strengths to cover their weaknesses, like a Paul Milsap did. I haven't closed the book on Winslow or Gilchrist, but you knew coming in they couldn't shoot. They lived up to everything else. It's part of the game for every Kahwi, there are guys who won't be able to get their shot down.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fwk00
Member: #6048

4/25/2018  8:42 PM
Bam-Bam
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/26/2018  10:55 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Im assuming M Porter will not make it down to 9 but Im taking Khyri Thomas combo guard out of Creighton. Fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on you. This is the smart pick.

this is funny, right?

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/26/2018  11:11 AM
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im assuming M Porter will not make it down to 9 but Im taking Khyri Thomas combo guard out of Creighton. Fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on you. This is the smart pick.

this is funny, right?

Final pick for 2018 if we stay at 9

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy