[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Part II: Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

Author Poll
Nalod
Member: #508
USA
Took out some names that did not get votes or interview.
Removed JVG because it seems as if he is "out" accounting to some articles.
Budenholzer was included as was not previously.
Martin, please lock the old one and lets redo with this one going forward.
Budenholzer
Mark Jax
Stack
David Blatt
Fizdale
Woodson
Messina
View Results

Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/28/2018  4:52 AM

Please hire Bud, please don't hire Blatt! Who would honestly choose Blatt over Bud? (feel free to state your case if you would- I'm genuinely curious)

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
4/28/2018  7:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/28/2018  7:41 AM
Blatt was 1. On my list but I want Budd for the obvious reasons.
But we need to be prepared to accept Blatt not because he and MIlls are buddies, but his own merits and, they have a long trusting relationship.
Bud is not publicly interviewed with anyone else even though he is rumored to be linked perhaps only by logic by Milwaukee. Giannis and a new arena is the major selling point. It is said Bucks ownership had hired its GM as a compromise to Edens and Lasky. Knicks at the moment are stable in the Front office if Dolan is no where to be seen.
Be great if Blatt would be no. 1 top assistant to Bud in NY but thats not likely.
My take is Knicks will have to give Budd 5 years.
I’d like to think the lack of rumors surround Bud are a good sign for fans that want him as the next coach. There are so few coaching rumors around the league except Bickerstaff resigning with Grizz.
Perhaps we can root for Joe Prunty and the bucks to win game 7. I think they might have to hire if he advances.
smackeddog
4/28/2018  1:01 PM
Nalod wrote:Blatt was 1. On my list but I want Budd for the obvious reasons.
But we need to be prepared to accept Blatt not because he and MIlls are buddies, but his own merits and, they have a long trusting relationship.
Bud is not publicly interviewed with anyone else even though he is rumored to be linked perhaps only by logic by Milwaukee. Giannis and a new arena is the major selling point. It is said Bucks ownership had hired its GM as a compromise to Edens and Lasky. Knicks at the moment are stable in the Front office if Dolan is no where to be seen.
Be great if Blatt would be no. 1 top assistant to Bud in NY but thats not likely.
I’d like to think the lack of rumors surround Bud are a good sign for fans that want him as the next coach. There are so few coaching rumors around the league except Bickerstaff resigning with Grizz.
Perhaps we can root for Joe Prunty and the bucks to win game 7. I think they might have to hire if he advances.

My worries with Blatt are mainly around the way he managed (or rather didn't manage) Lebron- the stories made him sound like a rank amateur when it comes to knowing how to relate to big name players. Also I would have a genuinely difficult time rooting for Blatt due to some of his politics. So it's Bud all the way for me!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/28/2018  1:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:

My worries with Blatt are mainly around the way he managed (or rather didn't manage) Lebron- the stories made him sound like a rank amateur when it comes to knowing how to relate to big name players. Also I would have a genuinely difficult time rooting for Blatt due to some of his politics. So it's Bud all the way for me!

My worry with Blatt is that he might not be Perry's guy. Mills will back him but I feel like this hire needs to be about a guy that is going to work well with Perry. I would hate for Perry to get phased out because of Mills/Blatt/Robinson's relationship. Mills making moves for Blatt over Perry etc. Not sure that it will happen but that would be my biggest worry. Some of the stuff coming out about his arrogance and communication issues are also a concern but I think this needs to be a Perry hire.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
4/28/2018  3:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

My worry with Blatt is that he might not be Perry's guy. Mills will back him but I feel like this hire needs to be about a guy that is going to work well with Perry. I would hate for Perry to get phased out because of Mills/Blatt/Robinson's relationship. Mills making moves for Blatt over Perry etc. Not sure that it will happen but that would be my biggest worry. Some of the stuff coming out about his arrogance and communication issues are also a concern but I think this needs to be a Perry hire.

Don't worry about that. I can't offer any assurance about this but Mills is a savvy executive with more corp experience than most of us know. What do we have other than Knicks1248 telling us otherwise. While we can always second guess his basketball moves, the few we can verify were actually his and his alone, Im thinking even if Blatt is the guy he is a super experienced international coach that has won on all levels. The Lebron thing if 100% is something he would have to sooth with Mills and Perry.
Even with Clev and its injuries they won a lot with him, and it was his team with his staff that did go on and win. Lebron was the force, no doubt about it.
Blatt will have time to acclimate.
We don't know the parameters of what Budd wants. Does he want knicks to clean house with the assistants? Does he want more control?
If we are all Knick negative then just take solace we'll phuck up bud and he'll go like the rest of them. After all "Mills hired perry and thus anything they do from that moment on will turn to shyt. So why not Budenhozer? LOL. These Princeton guys are smart and if they all like each other after all these years and have been successful then why not?
We know that past success is not always indicative of the future. We have a long list of good coaches that have come here and had bad experiences. Nelson, Chaney, Wilkens, MDA, Isiah, and Larry. Its not the city, its not the owner, its the GM, the roster and the coach all being on board!
I like Bud a lot, but if its Blatt I'm ok with that too. We are not in the room during this. This is not nepotism, Blatt is very well regarded in his own right.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/28/2018  4:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I have friends who are deathly afraid of getting on a plane and flying, no idea why but it's palpable. I tell them they are more likely to die or get into an accident in a car and it doesn't phase them as they drive on home with their kids in the back seat.

No idea why people fret about the most inconceivable of situations. I mean, I guess it's possible. Mills hires one guy to be "his guy" in Perry, they goes out of his way to hire and conspire with another of "his guys" to go against the other of "his guys". It's all possible, more likely it means they'll be one step ahead of the relationship building and communication.

You can find and point to just about any team and any relationship and spearhead a theory about them getting together to down another employee, happens all the time, poor organizations are filled with them; MSG used to be filled with that type of person. Could be that they are all sitting around talking about how frighted they are about flying on a plane just before they hop in a towncar to get a ride home.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
4/28/2018  5:07 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I have friends who are deathly afraid of getting on a plane and flying, no idea why but it's palpable. I tell them they are more likely to die or get into an accident in a car and it doesn't phase them as they drive on home with their kids in the back seat.

No idea why people fret about the most inconceivable of situations. I mean, I guess it's possible. Mills hires one guy to be "his guy" in Perry, they goes out of his way to hire and conspire with another of "his guys" to go against the other of "his guys". It's all possible, more likely it means they'll be one step ahead of the relationship building and communication.

You can find and point to just about any team and any relationship and spearhead a theory about them getting together to down another employee, happens all the time, poor organizations are filled with them; MSG used to be filled with that type of person. Could be that they are all sitting around talking about how frighted they are about flying on a plane just before they hop in a towncar to get a ride home.

I didn't mean to imply that and must not have communicated what I was thinking well. What I meant was that there might come a time where Blatt is asking Perry to make a move that Perry does not want to make. Blatt continues to insist on this move and when it doesn't happen he begins to share his displeasure with Mills and asks him to make the move. If Mills presents as a united front with Perry then no worries in that situation. But if he goes over Perry's head and makes a move for his coach over his gm the Knicks would be in trouble and Perry's position would be compromised.
If Mills decides he is too scared to fly home I am okay with it.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/28/2018  7:22 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-knicks-focusing-mike-budenholzer-180345900.html

David Blatt, the former Cavaliers coach pushed aside by LeBron James, wants another shot in the NBA. Blatt had an 83-40 record as a coach in Cleveland, has a system that would fit the modern NBA game (with a lot of off-ball movement and up-tempo play), and has the advantage of having played in college at Princeton with Knicks coach Steve Mills. The challenge was player relationships. Blatt wanted to be the smartest guy in the room and put his ego out in front demanding players respect him for all his success in Europe. It instantly turned players off. This isn’t Europe where the coach has dictatorial powers over players and the organization, in the NBA the elite players have the ultimate power. Once he lost LeBron — and he did that pretty quickly — it was only a matter of time. Did Blatt learn from that experience? Does his time in Europe make him a better fit to coach Kristaps Porzingis?

Budenholzer, who wants this job badly, is the kind of detail-oriented, culture-building coach the Knicks could really use — if they give him the time and space to do the job (all eyes on owner James Dolan, not the most patient of men). Budenholzer was Gregg Popovich’s long-time lead assistant in San Antonio who had success as a coach in Atlanta, until the team lost Al Horford and Paul Millsap in successive years in free agency (Budenholzer, who was GM also, deserves blame for that). He could bring what the Knicks need, if he were allowed to build it.

The Knicks need a coach who can establish an identity and build a culture and style around Kristaps Porzingis. Then they need to give that coach the room and time — three years or more — to actually build what is needed. Blatt and Budenholzer might well be up for that task. A lack of continuity of system and style is the Knicks second-biggest organizational problem, and it stems from their biggest one (which isn’t changing).

fwk00
Member: #6048

4/29/2018  12:53 AM
GustavBahler wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/report-knicks-focusing-mike-budenholzer-180345900.html

David Blatt, the former Cavaliers coach pushed aside by LeBron James, wants another shot in the NBA. Blatt had an 83-40 record as a coach in Cleveland, has a system that would fit the modern NBA game (with a lot of off-ball movement and up-tempo play), and has the advantage of having played in college at Princeton with Knicks coach Steve Mills. The challenge was player relationships. Blatt wanted to be the smartest guy in the room and put his ego out in front demanding players respect him for all his success in Europe. It instantly turned players off. This isn’t Europe where the coach has dictatorial powers over players and the organization, in the NBA the elite players have the ultimate power. Once he lost LeBron — and he did that pretty quickly — it was only a matter of time. Did Blatt learn from that experience? Does his time in Europe make him a better fit to coach Kristaps Porzingis?

Budenholzer, who wants this job badly, is the kind of detail-oriented, culture-building coach the Knicks could really use — if they give him the time and space to do the job (all eyes on owner James Dolan, not the most patient of men). Budenholzer was Gregg Popovich’s long-time lead assistant in San Antonio who had success as a coach in Atlanta, until the team lost Al Horford and Paul Millsap in successive years in free agency (Budenholzer, who was GM also, deserves blame for that). He could bring what the Knicks need, if he were allowed to build it.

The Knicks need a coach who can establish an identity and build a culture and style around Kristaps Porzingis. Then they need to give that coach the room and time — three years or more — to actually build what is needed. Blatt and Budenholzer might well be up for that task. A lack of continuity of system and style is the Knicks second-biggest organizational problem, and it stems from their biggest one (which isn’t changing).

There are a number of things wrong with this piece.

First, I doubt that Blatt's relationship to Mills is an advantage. Mills has been around long enough to know that getting to tightly associated with a coach, GM, or whoever could just as well cost you your job when things go south. Blatt's biggest problem is personality not credentials.

The second thing wrong with this piece is the idea that the Knicks should build a culture and style around Porzingis. KP has thus far proven nothing except that he and his brother can be *******s and that his body is brittle. If, in two years, Porzingis is healed and puts together a solid season without getting a coach, GM, or innocent bystander fired - then, and only then, do you start imagining a build around this guy.

Third, Dolan is far more patient than the rabid NY MSM and the soul-sucking, ticket-scalping fans who devour every Knick rebuild in its infancy. Dolan, for all his flaws, has been supportive of his staff through extremely difficult stretches.

Budenholzer *IS* the obvious and deserving choice to be chosen head coach and asst. GM. What he brings to the table that no one else does is the successful development of young, now rich NBA players. In other words he has references that can be pointed to that say, Bud brought out the best in my game and now I'm a success. Young free agents and other talents looking to revive their careers will be happy to sign on in NY.

*That* hasn't happened in a long time.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/29/2018  2:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that and must not have communicated what I was thinking well. What I meant was that there might come a time where Blatt is asking Perry to make a move that Perry does not want to make. Blatt continues to insist on this move and when it doesn't happen he begins to share his displeasure with Mills and asks him to make the move. If Mills presents as a united front with Perry then no worries in that situation. But if he goes over Perry's head and makes a move for his coach over his gm the Knicks would be in trouble and Perry's position would be compromised.

This scenario is not just limited to Blatt in the coaching position.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
4/29/2018  2:20 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

This scenario is not just limited to Blatt in the coaching position.

Just more likely because of the relationship.
Nalod
USA
4/30/2018  12:12 PM
Berman's hack title to engage readers is a very good read....
https://nypost.com/2018/04/29/this-knicks-regime-is-putting-in-the-work-phil-jackson-never-did/

Phil Jackson knew everything. Just read his volume of books and he’ll let you know it.

Jackson’s “11 Rings’’ arrogance became his undoing in New York. That is why you cherish this exhaustive coaching search being conducted by the first-year managerial tandem of president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry.

The number is up to 10 interviewed candidates now — young NBA assistants James Borrego and Juwan Howard capping it off over the weekend.

The Mills-Perry Research and Development Tour started in New York, crossed the country to Los Angeles, returned to New York, veered to Europe and back again to the Big Apple for more talks.

Mills and Perry don’t pretend to know everything. Their search has become a leave-no-stone-unturned process, interviewing everyone from TNT’s Kenny Smith to new free agent Mike Budenholzer.

Perhaps candidates such as Smith, Howard and Celtics assistant Jay Larranaga, still coaching in the NBA playoffs, have no chance. But it was productive to pick their brains about the Knicks’ roster and hear their visions on the use of the young prospects.
Indications are Budenholzer, David Fizdale and David Blatt, who helped himself in his interview, have emerged as the top three candidates.Surprisingly, Mark Jackson’s candidacy hasn’t gained much traction. It’s noteworthy no other club with a vacancy interviewed Jackson, whose Golden State axing in 2014 left a sourness.

It is believed one concern is the coaching staff Jackson might construct. Jackson has been out of the coaching loop four years and warred with two of his Warriors assistants, Brian Scalabrine and Darren Erman, now flourishing as defensive coordinator in New Orleans.

If Jackson is a second-tier candidate, Mills/Perry may keep it simple and hire Budenholzer, a defensive-minded, proven winner out of the San Antonio system who wants to be here. Milwaukee, eliminated Saturday night by Boston, could leap into the Budenholzer mix. Bucks interim coach Joe Prunty is not expected to be next season’s coach.

One NBA source predicts Milwaukee will conduct “a national search.’’

The Knicks have conducted an international search and it’s been a blessed opportunity for Mills, who wasn’t allowed to embark on an earnest mission of intelligence under Jackson.

At an April 12 press conference, Mills talked about “an intellectual curiosity” among NBA front offices. He’s consulted with other team executives such as Golden State’s esteemed Bob Myers on “what it takes to be a coach in the NBA’’ regarding candidates “who can absorb all of the things different about today’s game.”
Mills listed the differences: “The use of analytics, the significance of the physical training and performance staff, how you incorporate player development into a holistic approach to coach a team.”

Perhaps it’s a lot of rhetoric, but more relevant rhetoric than triangle rhetoric.

The Jackson/Mills tandem was a forced marriage and bad timing by owner James Dolan, who plays the guitar better than he evaluates whether an offensive system is played out.

Meanwhile, Mills/Perry have become basketball’s Frick and Frack.

“We work very closely together,’’ Mills said. “We work in tandem and I give Scott the flexibility of [doing] what he thinks is right.’’

In those two Zen Master coaching searches, Mills was restricted. After Jackson’s top choice Steve Kerr reneged, Jackson spoke only to Derek Fisher and made the hire.

On his next try, Jackson reached out to an uninterested Luke Walton. After his vision of Kurt Rambis was soundly rebuffed, Jackson interviewed Blatt. The former Cavaliers coach with a stunning European résumé was Mills’ pick.
Jackson also spoke to Frank Vogel, then Jeff Hornacek, whom he had never formally met. After a six-hour interview, Hornacek was the chosen one to run a partial triangle offense despite no triangle experience.

Neither 2014 nor 2016 can be classified as thorough searches. Mills/Perry realize they need to hit a home run on this and their lottery pick. Mills/Perry want this hire to peak in “three to five years” when the Knicks hope to be ready to compete for a title.

While Jackson stopped listening and learning, Mills and Perry are always seeking information. That’s why Perry, whose father played for the Steelers, attends their training camp every summer to glean from their winning culture. Perry is close to Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

Mills and Perry don’t write books, but they are authoring one vast coaching search.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/30/2018  12:34 PM
Nalod wrote:Berman's hack title to engage readers is a very good read....
https://nypost.com/2018/04/29/this-knicks-regime-is-putting-in-the-work-phil-jackson-never-did/

Phil Jackson knew everything. Just read his volume of books and he’ll let you know it.

Jackson’s “11 Rings’’ arrogance became his undoing in New York. That is why you cherish this exhaustive coaching search being conducted by the first-year managerial tandem of president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry.

The number is up to 10 interviewed candidates now — young NBA assistants James Borrego and Juwan Howard capping it off over the weekend.

The Mills-Perry Research and Development Tour started in New York, crossed the country to Los Angeles, returned to New York, veered to Europe and back again to the Big Apple for more talks.

Mills and Perry don’t pretend to know everything. Their search has become a leave-no-stone-unturned process, interviewing everyone from TNT’s Kenny Smith to new free agent Mike Budenholzer.

Perhaps candidates such as Smith, Howard and Celtics assistant Jay Larranaga, still coaching in the NBA playoffs, have no chance. But it was productive to pick their brains about the Knicks’ roster and hear their visions on the use of the young prospects.
Indications are Budenholzer, David Fizdale and David Blatt, who helped himself in his interview, have emerged as the top three candidates.Surprisingly, Mark Jackson’s candidacy hasn’t gained much traction. It’s noteworthy no other club with a vacancy interviewed Jackson, whose Golden State axing in 2014 left a sourness.

It is believed one concern is the coaching staff Jackson might construct. Jackson has been out of the coaching loop four years and warred with two of his Warriors assistants, Brian Scalabrine and Darren Erman, now flourishing as defensive coordinator in New Orleans.

If Jackson is a second-tier candidate, Mills/Perry may keep it simple and hire Budenholzer, a defensive-minded, proven winner out of the San Antonio system who wants to be here. Milwaukee, eliminated Saturday night by Boston, could leap into the Budenholzer mix. Bucks interim coach Joe Prunty is not expected to be next season’s coach.

The Knicks have conducted an international search and it’s been a blessed opportunity for Mills, who wasn’t allowed to embark on an earnest mission of intelligence under Jackson.

At an April 12 press conference, Mills talked about “an intellectual curiosity” among NBA front offices. He’s consulted with other team executives such as Golden State’s esteemed Bob Myers on “what it takes to be a coach in the NBA’’ regarding candidates “who can absorb all of the things different about today’s game.”
Mills listed the differences: “The use of analytics, the significance of the physical training and performance staff, how you incorporate player development into a holistic approach to coach a team.”

Perhaps it’s a lot of rhetoric, but more relevant rhetoric than triangle rhetoric.

The Jackson/Mills tandem was a forced marriage and bad timing by owner James Dolan, who plays the guitar better than he evaluates whether an offensive system is played out.

“We work very closely together,’’ Mills said. “We work in tandem and I give Scott the flexibility of [doing] what he thinks is right.’’

In those two Zen Master coaching searches, Mills was restricted. After Jackson’s top choice Steve Kerr reneged, Jackson spoke only to Derek Fisher and made the hire.

On his next try, Jackson reached out to an uninterested Luke Walton. After his vision of Kurt Rambis was soundly rebuffed, Jackson interviewed Blatt. The former Cavaliers coach with a stunning European résumé was Mills’ pick.
Jackson also spoke to Frank Vogel, then Jeff Hornacek, whom he had never formally met. After a six-hour interview, Hornacek was the chosen one to run a partial triangle offense despite no triangle experience.

Neither 2014 nor 2016 can be classified as thorough searches. Mills/Perry realize they need to hit a home run on this and their lottery pick. Mills/Perry want this hire to peak in “three to five years” when the Knicks hope to be ready to compete for a title.

While Jackson stopped listening and learning, Mills and Perry are always seeking information. That’s why Perry, whose father played for the Steelers, attends their training camp every summer to glean from their winning culture. Perry is close to Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

Mills and Perry don’t write books, but they are authoring one vast coaching search.

I'm curious as to who added the 3-5 years portion of this narrative. Is that coming from the author or someone involved with Mills/Perry??

Nalod
USA
4/30/2018  1:31 PM
franco12 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Berman's hack title to engage readers is a very good read....

I'm curious as to who added the 3-5 years portion of this narrative. Is that coming from the author or someone involved with Mills/Perry??

I don't know. I suppose if its Blatt, Mill's haters will have years to complain. Eventually every hater is "right", all coaches get fired at some point!!!!

As the 3-5 years, its interesting. Also Mills "Intellectual curiosity"!!! I have advocated Mills haters read up on his experience and perhaps grasp what that experience might have added up to.
Guy's like Phil and Larry are going to rely on their success to drive their decisions. Pop would be about the same. Would he be successful? Its would be assumed of course.
Knicks are going down a path Fans have not seen before. or so we are being told!!!!!

Nalod
USA
5/1/2018  11:32 AM
No. 11
Mike Brown interviewed with Knicks.
Who do you hate, the guy that Lebron wanted gone or do you love the head assistant coach for GSW?
Did Blatt interview or not? Why would NY times writer say so, but a Turkish writer say not?
MIlwaukee will make a run for Bud, but they need to get this one right? Giannis has to be happy and the team has to succeed.
Not sure their talent is deep, GM was a compromise pick by two owners who could not decide. Is the team an investment for the Two NY based Hedge fund guys or do they love the team? Stable ownership is important if you have choices.
I like Bud. Im not expecting a miracle this year and we all know if so, the tarnish will appear. Media will see to it.
If Blatt is the guy, im sure some of you will go at the first sign of trouble do the "Mills is awful" thing.
If Stack is the guy the "Inexperienced thing" will happen.
If Fizdale is the coach and he has a problem with KP we'll blame him because he "can't get along with guys over seven feet".
GustavBahler

5/1/2018  11:42 AM
Nalod wrote:No. 11
Who do you hate, the guy that Lebron wanted gone or do you love the head assistant coach for GSW?
Did Blatt interview or not? Why would NY times writer say so, but a Turkish writer say not?
MIlwaukee will make a run for Bud, but they need to get this one right? Giannis has to be happy and the team has to succeed.
Not sure their talent is deep, GM was a compromise pick by two owners who could not decide. Is the team an investment for the Two NY based Hedge fund guys or do they love the team? Stable ownership is important if you have choices.
I like Bud. Im not expecting a miracle this year and we all know if so, the tarnish will appear. Media will see to it.
If Blatt is the guy, im sure some of you will go at the first sign of trouble do the "Mills is awful" thing.
If Fizdale is the coach and he has a problem with KP we'll blame him because he "can't get along with guys over seven feet".

Damn, you really want Blatt. Hasnt even been hired, and you're already making this about the fans.

Nalod
USA
5/1/2018  11:54 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Damn, you really want Blatt. Hasnt even been hired, and you're already making this about the fans.

No, I want Bud. I have three guys IM fine with, Bud, Blatt and Fizz. Sounds like a noise my stomach makes.
Im not just focused on one hire. There is no "my guy". Thus Im not going to be upset with knicks if they don't hire "My guy".
I don't just base my decisions on past performance. Fizz discord with Gasol does not bother me, nor does Blatt's with Lebron either.
Bud has no blemish's.

GustavBahler

5/1/2018  12:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/1/2018  12:17 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

No, I want Bud. I have three guys IM fine with, Bud, Blatt and Fizz. Sounds like a noise my stomach makes.
Im not just focused on one hire. There is no "my guy". Thus Im not going to be upset with knicks if they don't hire "My guy".
I don't just base my decisions on past performance. Fizz discord with Gasol does not bother me, nor does Blatt's with Lebron either.
Bud has no blemish's.

The thing is, from copious reporting, Blatt got on almost everybody's bad side, because he didnt understand, didnt believe he needed to understand, the NBA Player/Coach dynamic. Blatt didnt just PO LeBron, and the others followed like lemmings. They had they're own beefs with Blatt (sounds like a cooking show)

As Ive said before, we have an unusually strong slate of potential coaches this offseason. There were years when Blatt would have been worth a shot. With Bud, and some other proven candidates available, I dont believe its now.

You dont replace a coach because he couldnt get along with his players (by mgmt and ownerships own reasoning) To hire someone who got along with them even less. Doesnt make sense.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/1/2018  12:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Bud has no blemish's.

The thing is, from copious reporting, Blatt got on almost everybody's bad side, because he didnt understand, didnt believe he needed to understand, the NBA Player/Coach dynamic. Blatt didnt just PO LeBron, and the others followed like lemmings. They had they're own beefs with Blatt (sounds like a cooking show)

As Ive said before, we have an unusually strong slate of potential coaches this offseason. There were years in the past when Blatt would have been worth a shot. With Bud, and some other proven candidates available, I dont believe its now.

You dont replace a coach because he couldnt get along with his players (by mgmt and ownerships own reasoning) To hire someone who got along with them even less. Doesnt make sense.

Not sure using Blatt's experience with Lebron is fair to say he cant get along with players. It sounds like his mistake was catering to Lebron and at the end of the day he didnt respect Blatt and had him ousted.

I like Bud better but considering Blatt's success (and his W/L record in Cle) I cant say I would have a problem with hiring him.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
5/1/2018  12:42 PM

Uh oh, I've always assumed Brown must be one superb interviewee

Part II: Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy