[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Part II: Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

Author Poll
Nalod
Member: #508
USA
Took out some names that did not get votes or interview.
Removed JVG because it seems as if he is "out" accounting to some articles.
Budenholzer was included as was not previously.
Martin, please lock the old one and lets redo with this one going forward.
Budenholzer
Mark Jax
Stack
David Blatt
Fizdale
Woodson
Messina
View Results

Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
4/24/2018  10:22 AM
The Stack crowd on the Bud Bandwangon!!!
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/24/2018  10:28 AM
Nalod wrote:The Stack crowd on the Bud Bandwangon!!!

Bud wasnt on the first list. Stackhouse still looks like a good choice, but Bud has a track record, isnt a coach who has bounced around the league either. Perry/Mills want a stable environment to build a contender. Hiring Bud would be a good way to get there.

Nalod
USA
4/24/2018  10:38 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:The Stack crowd on the Bud Bandwangon!!!

Bud wasnt on the first list. Stackhouse still looks like a good choice, but Bud has a track record, isnt a coach who has bounced around the league either. Perry/Mills want a stable environment to build a contender. Hiring Bud would be a good way to get there.

I agree!
Nalod
USA
4/24/2018  10:41 AM
"Grant-Hilling"........I also remember Brian Grant flirting with the knicks.
We allowed it to happen. These were weird instances where we allowed ourselves to be used. Fans were disappointed for sure.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/24/2018  11:03 AM
Nalod wrote:"Grant-Hilling"........I also remember Brian Grant flirting with the knicks.
We allowed it to happen. These were weird instances where we allowed ourselves to be used. Fans were disappointed for sure.

In retrospect...I'd say we dodged a bullet with both guys. Good players but injuries cut away much of their prime. In recent years, I'd say there's only been one that really stings...

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
4/24/2018  11:18 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:"Grant-Hilling"........I also remember Brian Grant flirting with the knicks.

In retrospect...I'd say we dodged a bullet with both guys. Good players but injuries cut away much of their prime. In recent years, I'd say there's only been one that really stings...

Kerrs spinal fluid pain would have likely had him resign. Being a knick coach is painful enought!!

Nalod
USA
4/24/2018  12:24 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23244330/nba-coaching-candidates-big-names-top-prospects-wild-cards

so many names. Good article and even a good case for the "Retread".

wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

4/24/2018  2:18 PM
Bud would be good but I would want the knicks to tank....... I'm conflicted
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/24/2018  2:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2018  3:00 PM
wargames wrote:Bud would be good but I would want the knicks to tank....... I'm conflicted

I seek comfort from the fact the hawks, even with Bud finished with a miserable record. Remember the new odds system for the lottery starts next year, so you don't have to do a full tank any more.

Check out how evenly spread the lottery odds will be:

http://www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/09/28/nba-board-governors-approves-changes-draft-lottery-system

Likely this off-season we'll lose KOQ, Kanter and we'll have no KP, so that leaves a pretty barren team that even Budenholzer couldn't get much out of.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2018  3:55 PM
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:Bud would be good but I would want the knicks to tank....... I'm conflicted

I seek comfort from the fact the hawks, even with Bud finished with a miserable record. Remember the new odds system for the lottery starts next year, so you don't have to do a full tank any more.

Check out how evenly spread the lottery odds will be:

http://www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/09/28/nba-board-governors-approves-changes-draft-lottery-system

Likely this off-season we'll lose KOQ, Kanter and we'll have no KP, so that leaves a pretty barren team that even Budenholzer couldn't get much out of.

Disagree. I think if we are healthy that Bud puts some kind of defensive 4-1 squad out there around Kanter.
PG Burke
SG Timmy
SF Frank
PF Troy Williams or Lance
C Kanter
Bench: Lee, Kornet, Mudiay, Baker, Hicks, Dotson, first rounder, 2nd rounder

No, that is not a great team. But its a team that can do some things on both sides of the ball and if Frank/Timmy/Burke can all take nice steps forward (for THjr that just being more consistent) we would be a very watchable squad. Swarm outside and protect Kanter inside so he can do his thing. With a line up like that you can defend outside better and protect Enes.

My point is its not an expansion team. They have some parts. Huge question marks like how much better does Frank get and can Burke pick up where he left off?

I could see a coach like Bud getting some quality play out of a group like that. If he doesnt? Keep trying. Keep looking. Keep developing. I like the path these guys are on so far. This is a big hire. Cash and a 2nd rounder is a no brainer to hire Bud. Everyone is always talking about "Spurs culture" if this guy can work with Perry/Mills this would be huge for this franchise.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
4/25/2018  11:43 AM
I suppose the Dynamic Duo of Mills and Perry are on their European Jaunt to interview Blatt and scout Doncic.
Seems as if the teams have colluded on a timeline as nobody has been hired perhaps giving the candidates time to interview across different teams?
Not saying that's a bad thing.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/25/2018  12:13 PM
Nalod wrote:I suppose the Dynamic Duo of Mills and Perry are on their European Jaunt to interview Blatt and scout Doncic.
Seems as if the teams have colluded on a timeline as nobody has been hired perhaps giving the candidates time to interview across different teams?

Wondered about that. Also, Bud is probably on the top of everyone's list. The fact that he said we where his first choice probably gummed things up a bit. I hope so at least. Still, I'd expect someone like Fizdale to have been hired already. Maybe teams and coaches are waiting for the playoffs to end to see what else opens up?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
4/25/2018  12:24 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:I suppose the Dynamic Duo of Mills and Perry are on their European Jaunt to interview Blatt and scout Doncic.

Wondered about that. Also, Bud is probably on the top of everyone's list. The fact that he said we where his first choice probably gummed things up a bit. I hope so at least. Still, I'd expect someone like Fizdale to have been hired already. Maybe teams and coaches are waiting for the playoffs to end to see what else opens up?

Only like a week between the end of the playoff and the draft.
Often teams allow their assistants to interview during playoffs.
There are a lot of good assistants out there deserving of an interview and consideration.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/25/2018  3:47 PM
Bermen saying Jay Wright is out (agent said he has no interest on nba and will stay put). So that narrows my choices to:

1) Budenholzer
2) Stackhouse
3) Fizdale

Don't want Blatt or Mark Jackson

blkexec
Member: #748
4/25/2018  4:25 PM
Kenny Smith

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
4/25/2018  4:29 PM
smackeddog wrote:Bermen saying Jay Wright is out (agent said he has no interest on nba and will stay put). So that narrows my choices to:

1) Budenholzer
2) Stackhouse
3) Fizdale

Don't want Blatt or Mark Jackson

Im good with either of those three and Blatt.
My hope is Blatt is given the interview because of the friendship.
My hope is he earns his way. I don't know if Mills personally to know if he hires him because of friendship.
Blatt has cred on his own.
My list is one of the four. Bud is my top choice. Then Blatt/Fizz (im even) then Stack. If they hire him on the potential Im good there too.
Kenny Smith been on TV for 18 years. I get why he wants in. He has the intellect but I'd rather a guy like Sam Cassell who has paid his dues.
I just rather not look at Sam though.

Nalod
USA
4/26/2018  8:15 AM
Bud is free which is a good thing for him.
Has it been reported he will interview elsewhere?
Milwaukee comes up but is that logic or legit?
Playoffs really hurt the existing plethora of deserving assistants still in the dance.
GustavBahler

4/27/2018  4:53 PM
There is a story out there that Blatt got a second interview. Fire a coach for not relating enough to players, to hire someone who related to them even less, on an order of magnitude? I really hope we arent back to decisions motivated by personal comfort over making the best choice available. Mills has been comfortable enough thank you. With the Knicks having absolutely nothing to show for it. Going back to the 20th century.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/27/2018  5:23 PM
GustavBahler wrote:There is a story out there that Blatt got a second interview. Fire a coach for not relating enough to players, to hire someone who related to them even less, on an order of magnitude? I really hope we arent back to decisions motivated by personal comfort over making the best choice available. Mills has been comfortable enough thank you. With the Knicks having absolutely nothing to show for it. Going back to the 20th century.

This was a slight of hand reference by Marc Berman, Knicks interviewed Blatt years ago so this time around was his “second” interview.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

4/27/2018  5:39 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:There is a story out there that Blatt got a second interview. Fire a coach for not relating enough to players, to hire someone who related to them even less, on an order of magnitude? I really hope we arent back to decisions motivated by personal comfort over making the best choice available. Mills has been comfortable enough thank you. With the Knicks having absolutely nothing to show for it. Going back to the 20th century.

This was a slight of hand reference by Marc Berman, Knicks interviewed Blatt years ago so this time around was his “second” interview.

Thanks. Pass me a shot of that Triple Negative roast blend. Its why I didnt list the source for a change.

Anything can happens. Its still Mills.

Usually when there is yet another coaching search there arent so many good coaches available. From top assistants, to successful veteran coaches, not far removed from their success. Too many who know how to work well with NBA players. I hope mgmt takes advantage of it.

Part II: Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy