[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Part II: Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

Author Poll
Nalod
Member: #508
USA
Took out some names that did not get votes or interview.
Removed JVG because it seems as if he is "out" accounting to some articles.
Budenholzer was included as was not previously.
Martin, please lock the old one and lets redo with this one going forward.
Budenholzer
Mark Jax
Stack
David Blatt
Fizdale
Woodson
Messina
View Results

Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/23/2018  3:19 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Nalod would be the first to agree that Budenholzer is a better choice than Blatt. He is a very good coach who wants to be here. Made it very clear. Supposed to be a great teacher, but runs a tight ship. Im sure Timmy would be psyched, had nothing but good things to say about his old coach.

well if you interviewed for the JOB, chance are, that person wants to be here.

I have mixed feelings about woodson, He did do a good job with a veteran Roster and had melo 3rd in MVP votes, but I think kidd had more to do with that than he did. That 2nd full season I was done with him. The switching and watching AMARE and TYSON defending POINTS GUARDS, Felton and JR guarding centers and PFs, that was sickening

ES
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/23/2018  3:19 PM
Chandler wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Nalod would be the first to agree that Budenholzer is a better choice than Blatt. He is a very good coach who wants to be here. Made it very clear. Supposed to be a great teacher, but runs a tight ship. Im sure Timmy would be psyched, had nothing but good things to say about his old coach.

17+million good things to say

LOL, good point. I know Timmy isnt a finished product, but the work he did with THJ makes me wonder what he could do for Frank/KP/Burke. Even Kanter, if he sticks.

GustavBahler

4/23/2018  3:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

I have mixed feelings about woodson, He did do a good job with a veteran Roster and had melo 3rd in MVP votes, but I think kidd had more to do with that than he did. That 2nd full season I was done with him. The switching and watching AMARE and TYSON defending POINTS GUARDS, Felton and JR guarding centers and PFs, that was sickening

Budenholzer said to the media that the Knicks were his first choice. Thats pretty clear. Woodson started great, but by the end he was a company man, and the players knew it. Did good things in NY, and Atl. Definitely deserves another shot somewhere, but coach Bud, is the kind of coach this team needs.

GustavBahler

4/23/2018  3:46 PM
Another reason Budenholzer would be a good choice is that he wouldnt be either a "Perry guy" or a "Mills guy" Perry and Mills wouldnt have that to deal with. Might make things run a little smoother, without that possible drama.

If it turns out to be a good move, both Perry and Mills would get equal credit for the hire. Team win.

knicks1248
4/23/2018  3:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Budenholzer said to the media that the Knicks were his first choice. Thats pretty clear. Woodson started great, but by the end he was a company man, and the players knew it. Did good things in NY, and Atl. Definitely deserves another shot somewhere, but coach Bud, is the kind of coach this team needs.

I'm high on BUD, I actually prefer him over every one, as long as he get to bring his entire staff

ES
GustavBahler

4/23/2018  3:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I'm high on BUD, I actually prefer him over every one, as long as he get to bring his entire staff

If thats what it takes for the Knicks to hire a Pops disciple, who has shown he can develop players, and win games, Im in. Hope Perry and Mills will make it happen.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/23/2018  3:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Did Perry/Mills place any coaches on Jeff's staff?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
4/23/2018  4:01 PM

Bud is certainly a pleasant late addition and perhaps why the process is what it is.
Im just trying to figure out why he wants to be the knick coach!!!
Also why the Suns interview did not yield an offer or was ATL so abstinent in their desire for compensation.
I am was very impressed with his work in ATL. Wonder if Pop needs to take a step back from coaching and would Messina or Bud be the guy?
Or Monty Williams.
The thing about these guys is the intimate knowledge we as fans lack. What do we really know about Blatt other than he is a MIlls guys, which must be bad, or that he was over his head in Clev. He has won at every level despite.
Bud has had one job in ATL as head coach and a great mentor in Pop's best years.
Im not here to argue who is better or convince any of you Blatt over Budd or Budd over Blatt......I'd be happy with either.

knicks1248
4/23/2018  4:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Did Perry/Mills place any coaches on Jeff's staff?

No they didn't, but phil surely did

ES
knicks1248
4/23/2018  4:10 PM
Nalod wrote:

Bud is certainly a pleasant late addition and perhaps why the process is what it is.
Also why the Suns interview did not yield an offer or was ATL so abstinent in their desire for compensation.
I am was very impressed with his work in ATL. Wonder if Pop needs to take a step back from coaching and would Messina or Bud be the guy?
Or Monty Williams.
The thing about these guys is the intimate knowledge we as fans lack. What do we really know about Blatt other than he is a MIlls guys, which must be bad, or that he was over his head in Clev. He has won at every level despite.
Bud has had one job in ATL as head coach and a great mentor in Pop's best years.
Im not here to argue who is better or convince any of you Blatt over Budd or Budd over Blatt......I'd be happy with either.

He withdrew his name once in found out the were not interested in winning for a while

ES
GustavBahler

4/23/2018  4:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2018  4:14 PM
Nalod wrote:

Or Monty Williams.

Youre right that we dont have all the answers. Do believe we know enough about human nature to safely say that most GMs would rather bring in someone theyve had a professional relationship in the past, than an old and very close friend of their superior. Dont believe thats a controversial thing to say.

Budenholzer and Blatt seem to be coaches struck from the same mold, but Budenholzer is more NBA ready so to speak, in part from his ability to get NBA players to buy in.

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/23/2018  4:37 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Chandler wrote:

17+million good things to say

LOL, good point. I know Timmy isnt a finished product, but the work he did with THJ makes me wonder what he could do for Frank/KP/Burke. Even Kanter, if he sticks.

Or how Timmy might continue the trajectory he began with Atlanta

One thing about Timmy, and it sounds like Budenholzer is the same, is he hates, hates, hates to lose. And I like that in him. No, let's be friends with the other team crap. (Save that for the off-season)

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
4/23/2018  5:06 PM
It does not bother me that Blatt is a "Mills guy", or someone might be a "perry" guy.
I don't see the attraction of "He wants to be here".....I assume if your interviewing that's a given.
Also I don't see anything wrong about giving a second round pick if Bud's the man.
While I like Blatt there is always the unknown. A sort of "International man of mystery".
Bud seems almost too good to be true. I read the fluff piece, its very influential.
That fact he wants to be here is not about NY, but he would respect the front office and want to work with our guys.
That he sees KP and Frank as the potential to run what he wants to do. With his cred, that's says a lot.
That Mills and Perry are presenting the vision and he is down with it says a lot.
Money is never a problem with knicks. Give him what ever he wants. Give him Stack too!!!
If my assertions are correct than offer him a contract ASAP.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/23/2018  5:30 PM
Nalod wrote:I don't see the attraction of "He wants to be here".....I assume if your interviewing that's a given.

have you forgotten all the guys over the years that have used their negotiations with the Knicks as nothing more than leverage in negotiations with other teams?

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/23/2018  8:17 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:I don't see the attraction of "He wants to be here".....I assume if your interviewing that's a given.

have you forgotten all the guys over the years that have used their negotiations with the Knicks as nothing more than leverage in negotiations with other teams?

100% agree, it means something. sure we have plenty of money to flaunt around here, but most guys come for a paycheck, or so it seems. sounds like budenholzer, legitimately thinks he can turn this team into a winner. that's music to my ears.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/23/2018  10:08 PM
We pay cash and give them one of the Willy 2nd rounders. We sign him for 5 years
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
4/23/2018  10:30 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

Yep.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/24/2018  2:51 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

It's called 'Grant-Hilling'

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

4/24/2018  2:57 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Bud is a sure thing. The only question is the price needed to trade for him.

With Bud you know the player development will be on point. You know Thjr will play his best bball. Frank & KP will reach the next level.

You could take a shot at Khrie Thomas and expect the development necessary for him to become a stud 2-way PG. Or Mikal and expect him to develop his offensive arsenal.

apparently the hawks don't want to pay him, since they are looking at some lean years coming up. i dont think the compensation will be of the draft pick variety, i think if the knicks send some money back the hawks way they'll consider it a done deal.

Wow! Just money? Count me in. I'll come to a game or two...

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/24/2018  7:42 AM
Funny - in that interview they talked about offense...and mostly how he uses parts of the triangle. It sounds like he would have been perfect for PJax! Defense and triangle...hmmmmmmm

As BUD states - its about the spacing and ball movement! It does sound like he can coach it though and he has good results.

Part II: Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy