7/30/2018  11:17 PM
PresIke wrote:
martin wrote:
PresIke wrote:
Nalod wrote:
PresIke wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
Paris907 wrote:His surgeon, David Altchek, is a personal friend and did surgery on me as well. He says there were no complications, no cartilage issues. All mechanics. He says there is a lot of work ahead for KP and he will be well served to avoid 2018-2019 as we ain’t going nowhere.

Wow, thanks for the info Paris907

I think the main issue is that KP wasn’t really in the best condition BEFORE the injury. The Doc is probably thinking about the time needed to address areas of weakness in KP’s body and relearning how to jump and land properly etc. They need to fix KP’s body so to speak. I think he could come back and play but to fully address his underlying issues will take longer.

I hope you're right.

Maybe he's changed his lifestyle and diet now and that very well help prevent injury.

what do we know of him that would make you think he was not in good shape, good diet, etc? The kid is anemic. To what degree and how it would effect his body is not exactly public knowledge.
Kid was playing at a very high level and tends to over do it. Finding a pace perhaps is the right balance. He tended to over train. Score 21 and 8 rebs in the best league and an allstar is not an indication he is out of shape and not making good choices.

My take from watching part 2 and 3 of was that the woman who is cooking for him seems like a new addition to his life, and made it sound like she's changed his diet to vegan/high protein baeed. There are still well regarded nutritionists and functional medicine folks who say consuming organic meats (6 oz. servings) and grass fed beef (not too frequent) can still be positive for overall health there is evidence that many of us eat too much meat, refined sugars and white carbs that tend to break down into sugar (white potatoes & rice being the biggest culprit) and processed foods.

In European soccer, some big name managers have imposed changes to their players' diets, (no pizza, less meat, much less white rice - which for big name players from Argentina/Brazil that can be a big shift in diet. It's shown to have a real impact on physical well being and affect propensity for injuries, particularly muscle injuries, I believe.

Also, the exercises he is engaging in seem to be new to KP and are about strengthening and providing flexibility to muscles, etc. he probably had not been working out as much with just his personal trainer/brother (?).

I missed the first episode, but did it come out he was anemic?

Some strange assumptions with your post.

It was known KP was anemic before he was drafted. That was public info

I will admit I completely didn't know that, and I followed that draft year pretty closely as I wanted Phil to draft KP going in after watching a bunch of scouting vids compared to who else was available.

Despite that I don't recall that. I had not been paying so close attention to that aspect. Do all fans really know that, man? I don't mean to sound defensive, but I think you have to be a VERY hard core fan to have that info. I'm not following everything with the Knicks over the past season or so as closely for a long list of reasons, but I still pay some attention. I don't think all fans know that unless you're on message boards all of the time.

What else seemed strange from what I wrote? Respect.

All I know is it's just one of those pieces of info that was gleaned from articles and reports. Pretty sure Mike/Clyde mentioned it during KP's first year too (in regards to some fatigue). Nalod has harped on it for 2+ years now in various posts and I know he can barely stay awake past 8pm to watch a Knicks game and if he does, it's only to get busy with the wife.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/31/2018  7:49 AM
We get just a glimpse thru these videos and can’t by any stretch piece together what these guys are doing off camera. KP is doing different excercises? Of course he is, he is rehabbing. He did hang with Dirk and did some of that last year a bit. He is eating different? Unless to described we really get that from YouTubes?
2-3 nites a week tennis after work, knicks, and Busy Time with the Mrs. is all I can handle! Maybe Nalod needs to change his diet?
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/31/2018  9:37 AM
Nalod wrote:We get just a glimpse thru these videos and can't by any stretch piece together what these guys are doing off camera. KP is doing different excercises? Of course he is, he is rehabbing. He did hang with Dirk and did some of that last year a bit. He is eating different? Unless to described we really get that from YouTubes?
2-3 nites a week tennis after work, knicks, and Busy Time with the Mrs. is all I can handle! Maybe Nalod needs to change his diet?

you were doing so well for a few days...get back on your meds

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/31/2018  9:49 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:We get just a glimpse thru these videos and can't by any stretch piece together what these guys are doing off camera. KP is doing different excercises? Of course he is, he is rehabbing. He did hang with Dirk and did some of that last year a bit. He is eating different? Unless to described we really get that from YouTubes?

Its my new vegan diet. Im bouncing off the walls.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/3/2018  10:17 AM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Its my new vegan diet. Im bouncing off the walls.

Sounds like you have a real steak in getting healthy. Mushrooms are delicious on their own!

Porzingis ComeBack

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy