[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

Author Poll
Nalod
Member: #508
USA
Taking the temperature of the faithful.
I have not seen any indication there is movement with Messina, Rivers, Vogel, or Williams.
JVG seems to be out. I left him in as this is not a poll of prediction, its a poll of preference.
Mark Jackson
Jerry Stackhouse
David Blatt
David Fizdale
Mike Woodson
Ettore Messina
Doc Rivers
Frank Vogel
JVG
Monty Williams
View Results

Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
4/20/2018  1:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2018  1:05 PM
Curry, Thompson and Green would have improved regardless. Its not like Jax unlocked what had been hidden for years.
They were young fresh players.
As for kenny smith, lets not get all enthralled with the TV thing, he is on air for just a few minutes twice a week and they have producters and writers to help them.
Yes, he is likable and projects a good image on TV.

Stack leads our poll because he has no taints? Interesting!

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/20/2018  1:23 PM
Nalod wrote:Curry, Thompson and Green would have improved regardless. Its not like Jax unlocked what had been hidden for years.
As for kenny smith, lets not get all enthralled with the TV thing, he is on air for just a few minutes twice a week and they have producters and writers to help them.

Its like Boogie Nights, but with Taint.

Nalod
USA
4/20/2018  2:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Curry, Thompson and Green would have improved regardless. Its not like Jax unlocked what had been hidden for years.

I knew someone was going there!!!!

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/20/2018  3:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2018  3:03 PM
If you've read any of my posts, you know that I'm a Fizdale guy...but for what its worth David Lee endorses Mark Jackson...

https://nypost.com/2018/04/19/one-ex-knick-believes-jackson-a-perfect-fit-for-new-york/

David Lee will leave for the French Open in 10 days. He hopes before heading to Paris with fiancée Caroline Wozniacki that Mark Jackson is named the Knicks head coach.

The ex-Knicks/ex-Warriors power forward played for Jackson in Golden State for all three of Jackson’s seasons.

“He has a very smart perspective looking at the game,’’ Lee told The Post in a phone interview. “Especially dealing with what you want in New York, you need somebody to understand the landscape.

“Coaching and playing in New York is different than any city. You see it in baseball — superstars play for the Yankees either thrive or shy away from the situation. Mark understands the difference in New York basketball. He’s from there. He understands the politics, the fans, things involved unique to the Knicks. That’s an advantage he has.’’

Lee, who retired last summer to work for a Bay Area venture capital firm run by a Golden State minority owner, feels he shares a kinship with Jackson as the forgotten Warriors. Lee believes the two are the unsung foundation pieces to this ongoing Warriors’ dynasty.

Jackson, who interviewed for the Knicks’ job Wednesday, was fired after the 2013-14 season following a first-round, seven-game ouster by the Clippers after which a mountain of dirty laundry was aired.

Lee left Oakland after winning one title under new coach Steve Kerr, who took him out of the rotation for Draymond Green.

“The Warriors ownership has acknowledged as time has gone by there’s building blocks,’’ Lee said. “Mark is no different than the role I played. I’m not part of this huge dynasty winning championships. But I like to think of myself as one of the building blocks — as big or small a block as I was — to help turn the franchise around. I put Mark in the same category. We hopefully got things going in the right direction. Then you get a [Kevin] Durant and Draymond Green to do what he does and the rest is history.’’

After bolting the Knicks in free agency in 2010, Lee joined the tail end of Oakland’s down years. Then Jackson arrived in 2011-12. The first year the Warriors went 23-43 before Jackson posted 47-35 and 51-31 records.

The book “Betaball’’ portrayed Jackson as having a poor relationship with the front office, ownership and his assistants.

“He had the players’ respect,’’ Lee said. “As an NBA coach, the integral part of success is getting the most out of every player on the roster. Every coach needs talent to win. It’s getting the most of the talent. He did a great job of coaxing the increasing talent in taking us from the worst franchise in the NBA to being a playoff team.’’

If there were rifts with management, Lee couldn’t tell.

“There’s always politics in every situation,’’ Lee said. “I’m sure there are multiple sides to the story. All I know he did a great job coaching. The Warriors were smart to hire him. Kerr has done an incredible job, too. They made a couple of good decisions with coaches.”

Lee feels Jackson would have remained coach had center Andrew Bogut not gotten hurt against the Clippers and the Warriors won the series. And the Knicks’ world would have changed as Kerr likely would not have backed out of his verbal agreement to coach the Knicks.

“The front office made a choice and Steve took them another step forward,’’ Lee said. “But it was not blaming the coaching. It was time for a change and looking back [owner] Joe Lacob made another great decision because of the result. How could things be better for those guys? But by no means was the [Clippers] loss because of coaching. If we were healthy, we would’ve won. I had to play center before small-ball was in, and the Clippers had great size.’’

Lee, a Knick from 2005-2010, is moving back to New York in his “Social Capital’’ position, but has no interest pouring over film to become an assistant on Jackson’s staff — if the former point guard is hired.

“Dolan and company will look for specifics in what they want as coach,’’ the 34-year-old said. “He clearly has experience to be the coach. Mark is a smart guy. Any mistakes he feels he’s made, he’s learned from. My experience was that he knows his stuff and knows the landscape.’’

Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer reportedly withdrew name from consideration for Suns job — a move that could lead top Knicks candidate David Fizdale closer to Phoenix.

frenchy00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7514

4/20/2018  3:15 PM

lol "few minutes twice a week". Nice downplay.

Kenny really stands out over the rest of commentators. Guy knows the game and has a little swag. I think if he decided to take the job he would bring a lot of energy and passion I think players would feed off of.

Im not oppose to Jackson or Fizdale either.

Nalod
USA
4/20/2018  3:16 PM
I think Lee was very diplomatic and took the high road. You get a call about your ex coach and he didn't get into the dark side of things.
I respect Lee.
There are some out there that advocate for Jax.
Rare do you hear a player slam his ex coach.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/20/2018  3:44 PM
Nalod wrote:I think Lee was very diplomatic and took the high road. You get a call about your ex coach and he didn't get into the dark side of things.
I respect Lee.

But you discredit every positive thing said about Mark, and support everything negative that's said, that's the perfect example of a hater.

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/20/2018  4:30 PM
We’re going to speak to Budenholzer apparently- definitely worth checking out
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/20/2018  5:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I knew someone was going there!!!!

LOL, Dude you've had "taint" on the brain for a few weeks now.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/20/2018  6:14 PM
smackeddog wrote:We’re going to speak to Budenholzer apparently- definitely worth checking out

I think Budenholzer or Fizdale takes the Bucks job. The Knicks would be doing well to get either of these guys.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
frenchy00
Member: #7514

4/20/2018  6:24 PM
what's the appeal w Budenholzer? On the surface I don't see any.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/20/2018  6:40 PM
frenchy00 wrote:what's the appeal w Budenholzer? On the surface I don't see any.

Pop disciple. Ran a good program when the Hawks weren't tanking. Developed a few players like THJ. He's well regarded.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/20/2018  7:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
frenchy00 wrote:what's the appeal w Budenholzer? On the surface I don't see any.

Pop disciple. Ran a good program when the Hawks weren't tanking. Developed a few players like THJ. He's well regarded.

What is a good program? 6/7 seed and a first round exit? I dont know the numbers but under him the Haeks were both a middling offensive and middling defensive team.

~You can't run from who you are.~
CrushAlot
USA
4/20/2018  7:19 PM
joec32033 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

What is a good program? 6/7 seed and a first round exit? I dont know the numbers but under him the Haeks were both a middling offensive and middling defensive team.

He won COY in Atlanta. His entire starting line up received player of the month that year. He led the Hawks to a 60 win season.
Nalod
USA
4/20/2018  8:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:I think Lee was very diplomatic and took the high road. You get a call about your ex coach and he didn't get into the dark side of things.
I respect Lee.

But you discredit every positive thing said about Mark, and support everything negative that's said, that's the perfect example of a hater.

I am a Mark Jax Hater if he is to be coach. Not sure what you don’t understand. Don’t want his contradicting evangelical adulterant paranoic homophobe any were on our sidelines. I still need a shower after Isiah and his sorry act. Throwing his daughter under the bus as the last straw. Mark Jax was a stud at ST Johns, Great knick for a few years, after that he is not NYC any more.

CrushAlot
USA
4/20/2018  8:42 PM
CrushAlot
USA
4/20/2018  8:44 PM
Borrego is a good choice, a highly respected assistant who was the runner-up in Memphis when David Fizdale got the job. He was one of the final three when the Rockets hired Mike D’Antoni. Borrego started in the NBA as an assistant video coordinator and worked his way up, catching Popovich’s eye. He went to New Orleans under Monty Williams and was in Orlando as the lead assistant to Jacque Vaughn, before coming back to the Spurs. He’s a guy who deserves a shot.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/04/17/report-suns-to-interview-spurs-assistant-james-borrego-for-coaching-vacancy/
CrushAlot
USA
4/20/2018  8:44 PM
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/20/2018  9:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2018  9:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

He won COY in Atlanta. His entire starting line up received player of the month that year. He led the Hawks to a 60 win season.

I looked and that was in 2014/15, his second with ATL. His wins steadily decreased each year after.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/20/2018  9:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:We’re going to speak to Budenholzer apparently- definitely worth checking out

Lets get a coach under contract so we have to give the Hawks draft pick compensation awesome idea

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy