[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

Author Poll
Nalod
Member: #508
USA
Taking the temperature of the faithful.
I have not seen any indication there is movement with Messina, Rivers, Vogel, or Williams.
JVG seems to be out. I left him in as this is not a poll of prediction, its a poll of preference.
Mark Jackson
Jerry Stackhouse
David Blatt
David Fizdale
Mike Woodson
Ettore Messina
Doc Rivers
Frank Vogel
JVG
Monty Williams
View Results

Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
4/19/2018  8:11 AM
I don't think he's a hater....but I did take a picture with him. when i pulled up my shirt to shoe my starks jersey, he put his thumb down. One day I will send it to him on tnt.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/19/2018  9:23 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

This is ugly and he sure sounds like a real paranoid JERK, but i have to consider his results. Seems like he used a lot of reverse psychology, because the main guys on the praised him.
ycolgy
23-43
47-35
51-31.

GSW ended up getting rid of Barnes anyway. If it was up to me, I would sit down with him for 6 or 7 hrs, maybe even a day or 2 and see if he learned anything or changed is ways, If hasn't, move on.

If a coach can get me 55 to 60 wins and a trip to the finals, would you really care about all that drama

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
4/19/2018  9:23 AM
Kenny is not a “Hater”. In fact most of his critique of the team has been justified. He is a knowledgeable ex player who is a good TV analyst. He does one or two 30 second segments a night. Does that make him a qualified coach? He might even get help from production staff.
knicks1248
4/19/2018  9:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2018  9:49 AM
This is good "behind the scenes on Mark Jackson"

You will certainly looking at the situation different after listening

Didn't know mark was suppose to get the Cleveland job before LUE

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/19/2018  9:52 AM
Many Head Coaches Rely On Assistants to handle technical aspects of the job. People forget guys like Thibs as a Defensive Assistant or Tex Winter who literally taught the Triangle when Phil got the job. The Head Coach is about more than Pure X’s and O’s!

Kenny can communicate for sure. We don’t know what his personal Vision for the Knicks would be or what he’s like as a Leader of Men. His interpersonal skills etc. Perry and Mills have to do their job learning and assessing all of this and comparing with the other Head Coach Prospects.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/19/2018  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2018  10:01 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is ugly and he sure sounds like a real paranoid JERK, but i have to consider his results. Seems like he used a lot of reverse psychology, because the main guys on the praised him.
ycolgy
23-43
47-35
51-31.

GSW ended up getting rid of Barnes anyway. If it was up to me, I would sit down with him for 6 or 7 hrs, maybe even a day or 2 and see if he learned anything or changed is ways, If hasn't, move on.

If a coach can get me 55 to 60 wins and a trip to the finals, would you really care about all that drama

He took a Warriors team - that (upon his departure) went on to 3 straight finals, winning 2 titles, and setting an NBA record for wins in a single season - all the way to 51 wins and a first round exit. He's taking our Knicks to 60 and the finals?

blkexec
Member: #748
4/19/2018  10:05 AM
nixluva wrote:Many Head Coaches Rely On Assistants to handle technical aspects of the job. People forget guys like Thibs as a Defensive Assistant or Tex Winter who literally taught the Triangle when Phil got the job. The Head Coach is about more than Pure X’s and O’s!

Kenny can communicate for sure. We don’t know what his personal Vision for the Knicks would be or what he’s like as a Leader of Men. His interpersonal skills etc. Perry and Mills have to do their job learning and assessing all of this and comparing with the other Head Coach Prospects.

If Mark Jackson and other former NBA point guards (Jason Kidd) can be successful, so can Kenny Smith. Coaching experience is not the only criteria anymore. It's all about relating to todays players (check), and have the personality to address the media while allowing management to provide support (check). Kenny is not a diva or want to be a know it all. He's a down to earth realist who will surround himself with enough talent on his coaching staff to make up for what he doesn't know. My guess is he will have other former player coaches like Sam Cassel who does have coaching staff experience. He's also a true NYer, which I believe is whats needed to help turn this ship around. He doesn't have a legacy like Phil to protect. I believe he will do fine. The problem is not the coach, but the team development and scouting.

Firing all these coaches over the last 15 years was just a cover up of the real problem. Lack of talent in the starting lineup and on the bench.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
knicks1248
4/19/2018  10:34 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

ycolgy
23-43
47-35
51-31.

He took a Warriors team - that (upon his departure) went on to 3 straight finals, winning 2 titles, and setting an NBA record for wins in a single season - all the way to 51 wins and a first round exit. He's taking our Knicks to 60 and the finals?

Curry and klay didn't get better until mark coached them (and they will both tell you that a 100 times).

In fact Keith smart benched curry after every mistake and really didn't want him, along with his injuries, they didn't look him as a franchise player(see his 1st contract) until mark got there.

webb is basically MILLS, he was brought in as a marketing guy, had zero basketball knowledge, yet wanted to change mark jacksons ways.

lecobe has always had relationship issues with everybody he did business with.

Not saying mark was completely innocent, but there was more to the story.

I know mark would do wonders for FRANK and Burk considering what he did for CURRY

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/19/2018  10:46 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

ycolgy
23-43
47-35
51-31.

Curry and klay didn't get better until mark coached them (and they will both tell you that a 100 times).

In fact Keith smart benched curry after every mistake and really didn't want him, along with his injuries, they didn't look him as a franchise player(see his 1st contract) until mark got there.

webb is basically MILLS, he was brought in as a marketing guy, had zero basketball knowledge, yet wanted to change mark jacksons ways.

I know mark would do wonders for FRANK and Burk considering what he did for CURRY

He isn't the only coach that can produce results. There are other candidates that can without the risk involved. Mark Jackson doesn't have Phil Jackson or Red Auerbach level of coaching results for the Knicks to put thaaat much effort into probing him and taking that risk of hiring him.

Mike Woodson is a safer candidate then MJ with similar result in ATL and a 54 win season with the Knicks. Though this current team isn't a good team for Woodson.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/19/2018  10:46 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

ycolgy
23-43
47-35
51-31.

Jackson was so KEY the year he left they were +17 wins.

+17

You are pumping up his win total while missing the point which is your norm.

Kerr's coaching was 17 wins better?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
4/19/2018  11:01 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

ycolgy
23-43
47-35
51-31.

+17

I'm not just focusing on his wins, I'm focusing on how much better curry, Klay and Green got, thats why the win totals went up.

luke, and mike had the GSW winning as much as KERR, like i keep saying, ONCE the confidence and defensive effort was establish in the core players , you could have coach GS to 55+ wins

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
4/19/2018  11:05 AM
First off who was talking in that Podcast thing?
I started listening and it was like some dude talking.
Also, Just because Keith smart messed up, does not mean Mark Jax was great. He was not a disaster but look at the back drop of the team, they compiled a freaking dynasty while he was the coach. In all fairness it is impossible to quantify the job he did because time and space matters. By that, Smart sucked, Guys got healthier, roster additions made and the team improved. Is that the coach? Since the blame game is not a real game, neither is the "he is great" game either.
There is a list of things floating around here that Mark Jax did in GS and to me its a list of reasons to stay away. They are personality things.
Like sometimes we don't blame a coach for a flawed roster, one cannot hail genius in reverse when a roster gets better. Did Mark Jax make Curry? Would he have succeeded under another coach?
Knicks1248, don't digest verbatim and drink the mark jax Koolaide because you dont' want to be wrong. Its ok to change your opinion. Im not listening to that podcast unitl someone can verify who it is.
I take from many sources and derive my own opinion. I like Mark Jax the knick. being from NY has to have more substance to his hire and Im not seeing it.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/19/2018  11:29 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

ycolgy
23-43
47-35
51-31.

+17

I'm certainly concerned by the baggage, but Mark did help get things turned around.

Maybe that is what we need- and maybe it's something Mark can bring.

At the end of the day, I do trust Perry & Mills. This is a much better search than what went on before with Phil where he went & found guys he could get to run the triangle.

Come to think of it, when was the last time we had a solid search like this?

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/19/2018  2:06 PM
Nalod wrote:Kenny is not a “Hater”. In fact most of his critique of the team has been justified. He is a knowledgeable ex player who is a good TV analyst. He does one or two 30 second segments a night. Does that make him a qualified coach? He might even get help from production staff.

He be a hatah

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/20/2018  11:52 AM
Listening to Hahn's show yesterday, he basically confirmed it's not going to be JVG (coupled with Dolan's comments about old school coaches, I guess that rules him out), then tried to hype up Mark jackson (though it sounded so insincere!). So looks like it'll be Mark Jackson. I cannot believe in such a pool of caching talent we're going to go with Mark jackson- all people seem to be able to hype him on is the fact he's a new yorker etc. Honestly this sense that we're such a magical franchise to whom the usual nba franchise laws don't apply is what's helped fuel all our mistakes the past few decades.

Newsflash!: We're not special! You don't have to have a magical new-worker quality to succeed here. Same with any other franchise, if you work hard and are good at your job, you'll be fine, the fans will be fine. if you do a poor job, don't make the effort and let the press get in your head, you'll fail. There's more media scrutiny, more temptations and less patience, but thats it. If we're hiring based on Mark jackson having THE magical atribute of being a- wow- new yorker, then we're screwed.

JVG, Stackhouse, Fizdale, Jay Wright, even Budenhozer- and we're likely going to end up with Mark Jackson because he's from new york- come on!

Gudris
Member: #6213

4/20/2018  12:18 PM
jackson is ok if he has a good support team around him, Fizdale I don't like, he is a good assistant, but not head coach
frenchy00
Member: #7514

4/20/2018  12:20 PM
Kenny Smith is my pick.

Although he doesn't have any coaching experience he is very connected to the league via his role as TNT analyst. If anyone watches the show you know he is the most insightful on his critique of games/team/players. The man knows basketball and is a very likeable person that I think would be able to connect with players and motivate/inspire the team to play at their best. I think he would be able to teach the game and also have the respect of all his players.
I don't think there is any player in the league that would not want to play for Kenny. This would be a bonus come free agency-too bad we do not have space know.
And the plus ...he is a new yorker. Think he will handle NY media and fans very well.

Lets go Kenny! Excellent outside of the box hire.

fishmike
USA
4/20/2018  12:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:Listening to Hahn's show yesterday, he basically confirmed it's not going to be JVG (coupled with Dolan's comments about old school coaches, I guess that rules him out), then tried to hype up Mark jackson (though it sounded so insincere!). So looks like it'll be Mark Jackson. I cannot believe in such a pool of caching talent we're going to go with Mark jackson- all people seem to be able to hype him on is the fact he's a new yorker etc. Honestly this sense that we're such a magical franchise to whom the usual nba franchise laws don't apply is what's helped fuel all our mistakes the past few decades.

Newsflash!: We're not special! You don't have to have a magical new-worker quality to succeed here. Same with any other franchise, if you work hard and are good at your job, you'll be fine, the fans will be fine. if you do a poor job, don't make the effort and let the press get in your head, you'll fail. There's more media scrutiny, more temptations and less patience, but thats it. If we're hiring based on Mark jackson having THE magical atribute of being a- wow- new yorker, then we're screwed.

JVG, Stackhouse, Fizdale, Jay Wright, even Budenhozer- and we're likely going to end up with Mark Jackson because he's from new york- come on!

believe it when I see it. Who's pushing for Jackson's hire? Perry? Mills? They havent even interviewed Blatt yet and he was Mill's college teammate. Cmon... hard to image Jackson being the guy. He's just not good.
fishmike
USA
4/20/2018  12:24 PM
frenchy00 wrote:Kenny Smith is my pick.

Although he doesn't have any coaching experience he is very connected to the league via his role as TNT analyst. If anyone watches the show you know he is the most insightful on his critique of games/team/players. The man knows basketball and is a very likeable person that I think would be able to connect with players and motivate/inspire the team to play at their best. I think he would be able to teach the game and also have the respect of all his players.
I don't think there is any player in the league that would not want to play for Kenny. This would be a bonus come free agency-too bad we do not have space know.
And the plus ...he is a new yorker. Think he will handle NY media and fans very well.

Lets go Kenny! Excellent outside of the box hire.

He really knows the league and people in it. He may have great connections with players. I would be open to that. Rather him than Jackson.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/20/2018  12:40 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Listening to Hahn's show yesterday, he basically confirmed it's not going to be JVG (coupled with Dolan's comments about old school coaches, I guess that rules him out), then tried to hype up Mark jackson (though it sounded so insincere!). So looks like it'll be Mark Jackson. I cannot believe in such a pool of caching talent we're going to go with Mark jackson- all people seem to be able to hype him on is the fact he's a new yorker etc. Honestly this sense that we're such a magical franchise to whom the usual nba franchise laws don't apply is what's helped fuel all our mistakes the past few decades.

believe it when I see it. Who's pushing for Jackson's hire? Perry? Mills? They havent even interviewed Blatt yet and he was Mill's college teammate. Cmon... hard to image Jackson being the guy. He's just not good.

Hope you're right, I'm just very suspicious whenever Hahn does a sudden 180 and begins trying to sell his listeners on a move that you can tell he doesn't genuinely believe in.

Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy