[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

Author Poll
Nalod
Member: #508
USA
Taking the temperature of the faithful.
I have not seen any indication there is movement with Messina, Rivers, Vogel, or Williams.
JVG seems to be out. I left him in as this is not a poll of prediction, its a poll of preference.
Mark Jackson
Jerry Stackhouse
David Blatt
David Fizdale
Mike Woodson
Ettore Messina
Doc Rivers
Frank Vogel
JVG
Monty Williams
View Results

Author Thread
OjilEye
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3017
USA
4/17/2018  9:55 PM
For the love of all things, anyone but Mark Jackson...
AUTOADVERT
PhilinLA
Member: #696
4/18/2018  12:32 AM
Since Jay Wright isn't in the poll, it's Stack. Jackson sucks and JVG is a quitter. If I have to watch Woodson's constant switches again, I will literally sue MSG. Have seen no evidence the Knicks are in on Messina.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
4/18/2018  7:41 AM
I voted Stack, I just don't trust Jackson and JVG is not an option yet and didn't like how he left.
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
4/18/2018  8:49 AM
As a reminder, its not who you think will be, its who do you want. JVG is not in the running but some want him.
If your want Messina, vote for him. No right or wrong.
Nalod
USA
4/18/2018  10:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2018  10:42 AM
Jerry is picking up steam which is interesting. The guy has no known "stains" yet other than inexperience. A "KIDD OR FISH" comparison is not valid as Stack has put in a few years after playing. The Arrogance of those two, and Mark Jax made them fallible.

If the knicks and the fans can be patient and let him grow then I have no problem with him. Same for any coach for that matter.

My order stays:

Blatt
Fizz
Stack

Monty Williams has a job and not indicated an interest but he would be on this list.
JVG is a good guy and I was a big fan of the dark circles and slugging diet coach but Im not swayed by TV guys. They are not accountable. I like Kenny Smith and he has come up because he is "NY" and likable but that's TV stuff. I had read he was wanting a GM position but no team is giving him one. Kerr got the Suns gig and quite frankly Im not sure he really did a good job in PHX. He took the "advisor" job and eventual GM position when Sarver bought the Suns. Kerr advocated that MDA be more defensive minded and they bought in Shaq with 25 games left in the season. Obviously its the owners prerogative to do what he wants with the team but he was influenced by Kerr and with the beneifit of hindsight they should have built off what MDA and colanaglo has started. They bought in Terry Porter who was a disaster and then Alvin Gentry to try to "Go back" with more offense. They have been floundering for years. That experience has helped Kerr enormously and also in hindsight his health would have removed him from the knicks but perhaps Walton might have been in the fold. No doubt he made the right call for GS who was obviously primed to take the next step.
Is Kerr a great coach? Hard to say. Lets face it, great coaches have great players! He made them better. He gets the accolades!
Truth is I am fine with any of these three of Blatt, Fizz and Stack. Sounds like a law firm Bugs Bunny would hire!!!

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/18/2018  3:57 PM
The options are pretty darned good. I’m good with Fiz, Stack or Blatt. Jay Wright is a bit of a Fantasy cuz I think he’s LOVIN life at Nova right now. Perry and Mills get this right and it’s a great start to the summer.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/18/2018  4:31 PM
nixluva wrote:The options are pretty darned good. I’m good with Fiz, Stack or Blatt. Jay Wright is a bit of a Fantasy cuz I think he’s LOVIN life at Nova right now. Perry and Mills get this right and it’s a great start to the summer.

I am hesitant with Blatt or Wright. I want a guy who has cut his teeth in the NBA either as a player or assistant. Both are great coaches but lack the relationships around the league that will increase NY being a draw for free agents. Blatt developed a rep in cleveland as being a coach who thought his overseas experience made him an NBA veteran coach, while not knowing any of the players around the league. He thought respect would be given to him the minute he got there. Wright is a big fish in a much smaller pond. Stackhouse, Fizz, and Jackson are 3 guys who have built their reputations around the league and have strong networks and player relations. We need a players' coach who has already been a mentor to many players.

Nalod
USA
4/18/2018  4:42 PM
Knixkik wrote:
nixluva wrote:The options are pretty darned good. I’m good with Fiz, Stack or Blatt. Jay Wright is a bit of a Fantasy cuz I think he’s LOVIN life at Nova right now. Perry and Mills get this right and it’s a great start to the summer.

I am hesitant with Blatt or Wright. I want a guy who has cut his teeth in the NBA either as a player or assistant. Both are great coaches but lack the relationships around the league that will increase NY being a draw for free agents. Blatt developed a rep in cleveland as being a coach who thought his overseas experience made him an NBA veteran coach, while not knowing any of the players around the league. He thought respect would be given to him the minute he got there. Wright is a big fish in a much smaller pond. Stackhouse, Fizz, and Jackson are 3 guys who have built their reputations around the league and have strong networks and player relations. We need a players' coach who has already been a mentor to many players.

Blatt still wins overseas. Maybe his NBA experience will have him better prepared for a second round. Maybe he without having to "Win now" with Lebron and love and just be himself he will earn that cred in the nba.
Fizz alienated his star player by forcing his will. Obviously his Heat Cred did not carry to Gasol.
Stack gets votes because we have no concerns because he is untested.
Good points all. I like all these guys, even Wright!!

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/18/2018  4:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2018  4:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:

FA is hit or miss and NY is more a miss because it isn’t a draw. Players really are not interested in NY. Those that come to NY are second tier or lower or destination of last resort. I’d rather the coach be about development and instilling ideology to the young players. Jay Wright has a history of developing players at college level. Blatt has experience as coach in the NBA and he comes from a very good team oriented system Princeton offense. Ball movement player movement these are all the thing that work in today’s NBA.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/18/2018  4:57 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Does Mark JAckson have a better coaching resume than Blatt? Mark Jackson's team went from 51 wins with him to 67 wins without him. Blatt went to the finals with Lebron and was fired the next year with the best record in the league because he wasnt a good fit pandering to the star players. Considering his big mistake was that and it was his first NBA gig (and he won games) I dont see how Mark Jackson is a better fit than Blatt who is one of the best coaches in the sport. Cle didnt need Blatt. They need a locker room manager like Lue (like Woodson was for us during the 54 win season).
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/18/2018  5:58 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/18/2018  7:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
and his team was +17 in wins after he left. Makes perfect sense this is the guy knicks1248 covets.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/18/2018  8:17 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
and his team was +17 in wins after he left. Makes perfect sense this is the guy knicks1248 covets.
I loved Jax as a player and I wanted him to coach the Knicks when they hired D'Antoni. He also helped out in the community back in his playing days but he seems to bring on the drama now. I don't think the Knicks need that at this time.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/18/2018  8:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
I loved Jax as a player and I wanted him to coach the Knicks when they hired D'Antoni. He also helped out in the community back in his playing days but he seems to bring on the drama now. I don't think the Knicks need that at this time.

Took the words right out of my mouth. We can't afford the worst case scenario. Which if MJ's era turns into a drama, circus show. That would be 2 dysfunctional eras under KPs tenure here. Would be hard to convince him of a better future here.

Right now we are in prime position to build this up right while he rehabs.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/18/2018  8:50 PM
I may be underrating Doc as well. In terms of player development he does pretty darn good. Tobias Harris jumped up another level under Doc as has many other players in the past.

Just have to keep him strictly as Head Coach.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/18/2018  9:07 PM
Just heard Kenny Smith - who has never coached - will be interviewed by the Knicks.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/18/2018  10:02 PM
Paris907 wrote:Just heard Kenny Smith - who has never coached - will be interviewed by the Knicks.

Great, let's get the guy that hates the Knicks

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
blkexec
Member: #748
4/18/2018  11:33 PM
Paris907 wrote:Just heard Kenny Smith - who has never coached - will be interviewed by the Knicks.

I'm a huge Kenny Smith fan.....Good dude.....family man.....no drama.....solid basketball knowledge......

I prefer he get a consultant management role or on the coaching staff. But as a head coach... .he's smart enough to surround himself with talent. He's also built up a solid relationship with the media since he is the media. So that's a plus. I like this move better than MJ.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/19/2018  12:00 AM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

plus he says mostly stupid not insightful things as an analyst -- hand down man down?!?

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/19/2018  12:03 AM
blkexec wrote:

I'm a huge Kenny Smith fan.....Good dude.....family man.....no drama.....solid basketball knowledge......

I prefer he get a consultant management role or on the coaching staff. But as a head coach... .he's smart enough to surround himself with talent. He's also built up a solid relationship with the media since he is the media. So that's a plus. I like this move better than MJ.

i wouldn't say i'm a huge fan but definitely intrigued. He like Kerr before GS has been a lot of time watching and thinking about hoops.

He does a good job of analyzing "what" happened on a play which is a good sign.

Is Kenny really a hater. I though he and Barkley sort of turned a leaf on us

(5)(5)
Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy