[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

Author Poll
Nalod
Member: #508
USA
Taking the temperature of the faithful.
I have not seen any indication there is movement with Messina, Rivers, Vogel, or Williams.
JVG seems to be out. I left him in as this is not a poll of prediction, its a poll of preference.
Mark Jackson
Jerry Stackhouse
David Blatt
David Fizdale
Mike Woodson
Ettore Messina
Doc Rivers
Frank Vogel
JVG
Monty Williams
View Results

Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/17/2018  12:03 PM
I’m liking Stackhouse for our rebuild. He seems to be fully invested in building sound fundamentals and relating/caring about players and their development. These young guys really need someone who cares about them personally. The mental side of the transition to the nba can’t be overlooked. He also looks to be solid on building a team where every player knows their role on the court and supports/reinforces the players rather then screaming in their faces old school style.
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/17/2018  12:28 PM
Warming to the idea of Stackhouse as well. Liked what he had to say. Max Kellerman made a strong case for hiring Stackhouse as well on First Take. It would be like the Knicks hiring Pitino early on in Ewing's career. Pitino was a young, hungry coach. Helped the Knicks get back on the road to relevancy. Maybe Stackhouse can do the same.

Also like Vogel. Stephen A Smith was arguing that Jackson would be best equipped to deal with the NY media. Marbury didnt have such luck. If anything, being a NY product will invite more drama. If Jackson is hired, I hope its a package deal with JVG.

Mike1989
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8627

4/17/2018  12:31 PM
I'm leaning towards Mike Woodson. He coached the Hawks through a rebuild to a trio of play off appearances. When he first came here he took over and we finished the season strong, then made the conference semi finals in his first full season in charge. The year after didn't go as planned but the roster wasn't in great shape to begin with.

So based on us continuing to rebuild and having some talent that might be with us long term (i.e. KP, Ntilikina, Hardaway etc), then I would like to see Mike Woodson return and coach us through a rebuild. I think he's got the right skill set as a coach to do it, and he's also capable of helping us kick on when we are ready to win.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/17/2018  12:41 PM
Mike1989 wrote:I'm leaning towards Mike Woodson. He coached the Hawks through a rebuild to a trio of play off appearances. When he first came here he took over and we finished the season strong, then made the conference semi finals in his first full season in charge. The year after didn't go as planned but the roster wasn't in great shape to begin with.

So based on us continuing to rebuild and having some talent that might be with us long term (i.e. KP, Ntilikina, Hardaway etc), then I would like to see Mike Woodson return and coach us through a rebuild. I think he's got the right skill set as a coach to do it, and he's also capable of helping us kick on when we are ready to win.

Bringing back the classics

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/17/2018  12:49 PM
Rookie wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:I'm leaning towards Mike Woodson. He coached the Hawks through a rebuild to a trio of play off appearances. When he first came here he took over and we finished the season strong, then made the conference semi finals in his first full season in charge. The year after didn't go as planned but the roster wasn't in great shape to begin with.

Or Melo yelling at Woodson to coach. Or the clip of Woodson firing his long time agent to make Dolan happy.

Woodson did a good of preaching and enforcing accountability, especially the way he handled JR early on. By the time he left it was the opposite. Deserves another shot, just not in NY when there are some better choices available.

blkexec
Member: #748
4/17/2018  3:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2018  3:55 PM
Kenny Smith or Mark Jackson

Steve A. Smith as the GM

We need some NYer's in here for once.

Not from Utah, Not from Indiana, but from NYC.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/17/2018  4:08 PM
1. JVG

If not, either Stackhouse or jay wright

I’m okay with Fizdale, but a definite no to mark Jackson and Blatt

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/17/2018  4:10 PM
blkexec wrote:Kenny Smith or Mark Jackson

Steve A. Smith as the GM

Is Mark really still a NYer...that LA lifestyle is tempting lol but, seriously, can you imagine if any of the craziness in Golden State happened here lol imagine the post headline above the picture of KP's knee being anointed by oil. The mind games he played don't bother me that much, because it sounds like the head games Pitino allegedly played when he coached here. But some of the other crazy stuff?...Don't know man...
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/17/2018  4:36 PM
Fizdale...He was a part of a championship coaching staff, he turned the Griz into a more uptempo team and went to the playoffs....Learned from Riles and Spo. He is one of the next, young coaching minds that can help turn a franchise around. Dont let this man walke out of the interview without contract in hand.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/17/2018  4:41 PM
Rookie wrote:

LMAO!!!!! Hoe did I miss this video?!?!

Woodson: "Aye, when the F*&* did you two get on the the team? Who are y'all?"
Knick players: "We're the bench!"
Woodson: "Man, get ya %$#&* off the court!"

Hilarious!!!

blkexec
Member: #748
4/17/2018  5:04 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Steve A. Smith as the GM

Is Mark really still a NYer...that LA lifestyle is tempting lol but, seriously, can you imagine if any of the craziness in Golden State happened here lol imagine the post headline above the picture of KP's knee being anointed by oil. The mind games he played don't bother me that much, because it sounds like the head games Pitino allegedly played when he coached here. But some of the other crazy stuff?...Don't know man...

Once a NYer.....Always a NYer

I honestly don't know about his coaching style or resume. All I know is he built the foundation for GS and Kerr took off and ran with it. As much credit as MJ deserves, I don't think he would've had the same success as Kerr, but he gets credit for laying out the architectural plans.... But if we continue to get these non NYers I'm going to go crazy....And non NYers don't last long in this hostile environment.

I don't know much about Fizdale...And Stackhouse seems like an up and coming coach with loads of potential.....Same with Fizdale. But one person I have followed and paid close attention to is Kenny Smith. His basketball mind is at the top with the rest of the high Basketball IQ sports figures. But I rather have him as a GM. I'm just starving for a NYer to finally push this team in the right direction, while using his NY savy-ness to control the media drama, and tell the fans what they want to here. It's not about coaching right now, during this rebuild. It's about having the right person in place to handle all the garbage that comes at us during the off season or in season, while having the relationship skills to interact with players, management and owner (Dolan).

We need synergy more than coaching skills. A non-NYer with top notch coaching talent will not last during a rebuild. If we were a championship caliber team with only a few moves away from competing for a championship, then we need a coach like Fizdale. But during this rebuild process, we need a different type of coach. Someone we can use and spit out when we are championship ready. What I would like is a combination of these guys like MJ and JVG.....Woodson and Fizdale

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/17/2018  5:29 PM
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Steve A. Smith as the GM

I honestly don't know about his coaching style or resume. All I know is he built the foundation for GS and Kerr took off and ran with it. As much credit as MJ deserves, I don't think he would've had the same success as Kerr, but he gets credit for laying out the architectural plans.... But if we continue to get these non NYers I'm going to go crazy....And non NYers don't last long in this hostile environment.

I don't know much about Fizdale...And Stackhouse seems like an up and coming coach with loads of potential.....Same with Fizdale. But one person I have followed and paid close attention to is Kenny Smith. His basketball mind is at the top with the rest of the high Basketball IQ sports figures. But I rather have him as a GM. I'm just starving for a NYer to finally push this team in the right direction, while using his NY savy-ness to control the media drama, and tell the fans what they want to here. It's not about coaching right now, during this rebuild. It's about having the right person in place to handle all the garbage that comes at us during the off season or in season, while having the relationship skills to interact with players, management and owner (Dolan).

We need synergy more than coaching skills. A non-NYer with top notch coaching talent will not last during a rebuild. If we were a championship caliber team with only a few moves away from competing for a championship, then we need a coach like Fizdale. But during this rebuild process, we need a different type of coach. Someone we can use and spit out when we are championship ready. What I would like is a combination of these guys like MJ and JVG.....Woodson and Fizdale

Wait, so you saying we repeat GS history, then fire Jax when we championship ready?
Isn't that kind of like a fairy tale thing?
Can't repeat whats done. It don't work that way. Every. Knicks will tell their own story.
GS was not about Mark jax, it was ownership, Front office, draft, trades and the coach.
Don't matter if they from NY. Wilkens was NY, Larry Brown was NY and Donnie was NY. Melo didn't come home and bring NY.
Its not "NY" its manhatten and westchester.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/17/2018  5:33 PM
Blatt give Mills what he wants. Hiring Stack would be messy no experience. Vogel is my second choice and why not throw Mark Jackson.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/17/2018  5:36 PM
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Steve A. Smith as the GM

The NY media horde needs its pound of flesh, whether it's farm raised from he midwest or cut up nice and packaged from some plant in Queens. Being a hometown hero might buy Mark a few months, but they'll come at him soon enough. As far as coaching, I never was impressed with GSWs offense and there varying reports on how much he impacted their defensive skills. Kenny? I'm not sure his heart is into coaching anymore. I wouldn't mind giving him a courtesy call tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/17/2018  5:45 PM
If not JVG, then Stackhouse then Fizdale.

JVG is a proven commodity. If he wants the job then that would make me think that he thinks he can win and soon.

Stackhouse is up and coming. Good fit for this team that is up and coming.

Fizdale had a good but short first run. Not sure he can handle NY but seems to be well liked and is a Riley guy like JVG.

I'd be happy with one of these 3.

Hell no to Woodson! Yes, I might make that my signature.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/17/2018  6:16 PM
smackeddog wrote:1. JVG

If not, either Stackhouse or jay wright

I’m okay with Fizdale, but a definite no to mark Jackson and Blatt

Put me in this bucket.
1. JVG
2. Jay Wright
3. Stackhouse
4 Go back to top three

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TLover
Member: #381
USA
4/17/2018  8:03 PM
Ettore Messina is the coach I would want. He is in a proven system with the spurs and has won multiple championships in Europe. Besides his brilliant basketball mind he is a very likeable person.
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

4/17/2018  8:16 PM
I know very little about Messina, other than he worked under Popovich for several years. That's one choice. Blatt would also be an interesting choice. He's won here as well as in Europe. Lastly, Fizdale seems to have an interesting pedigree. One of these three might be able to take our toddlers to the next level.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/17/2018  9:09 PM
Uptown wrote:
Rookie wrote:

LMAO!!!!! Hoe did I miss this video?!?!

Woodson: "Aye, when the F*&* did you two get on the the team? Who are y'all?"
Knick players: "We're the bench!"
Woodson: "Man, get ya %$#&* off the court!"

Hilarious!!!

That was funny,

Come here melo, were gonna make our own team...lmao!!

ES
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/17/2018  9:16 PM
I'd love JVG, but really anybody but Jackson. I'll welcome back Woody before Mark "holier than thou" Jackson.
Who is your pick for Knicks new coach.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy