[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No one can beat Philly in the east
Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
5/1/2018  11:15 AM
I give Briggs credit for making bold statements and predictions. But this is why you can't use a small sample size to predict future outcomes. Especially in a sport that requires so much to beat your opponent. player and coaching matchup are key. Ainge is looking smarter and smarter each year.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/1/2018  11:29 AM
blkexec wrote:I give Briggs credit for making bold statements and predictions. But this is why you can't use a small sample size to predict future outcomes. Especially in a sport that requires so much to beat your opponent. player and coaching matchup are key. Ainge is looking smarter and smarter each year.

why, if they are knee jerk? lol

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/1/2018  12:39 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
blkexec wrote:I give Briggs credit for making bold statements and predictions. But this is why you can't use a small sample size to predict future outcomes. Especially in a sport that requires so much to beat your opponent. player and coaching matchup are key. Ainge is looking smarter and smarter each year.

Like I said some other time, if he put "today I feel" at the start of his thread titles, I'd have no problem

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/1/2018  7:36 PM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
dacash wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:where's briggs? not that i expected him to show up and take his lumps like a man, because he never does, it just goes to show you how much of a front-runner and, (as nalod eloquently stated) he's extremely impressionable. we had more than 4 threads in less than 3 days on how good philly is by briggs, then they lose one game it's radio silence. you can't make it up.

Exactly the same reaction with actual Philly fans. I got the local wingnuts coming in after Game 1 dancing to Sixer songs playing on their phones and handing out Become One With The Process Bandwagon forms, and after DWade does his thing.... crickets....

Philadelphia is a darn special team. It was managed the way it takes to build a long term winner. That idiot Dolan can blame everyone and everything--but he can only beg and wish he had the Philly roster--as can Knicks fans.

I take it Philly winning Briggs is back to gloat

Just look? What team in the east matches up well with Philly right now? The team is different with Elayasa and Bellinelli. Most talent most size great bench. They beat Miami 3 X by big numbers. No playrs match up with Simmons or Embiid--throw in Saric and then they have the shooters back up C they go it all.

At the end of the day, it's all about Embiid and Simmons. The rest of the players are a collection of guys who are highly attainable on any given given year, and look great next to 2 stars. The key with them is health. Embiid has one of the worst track records in the league, way worse than KP for example. But if healthy, they have 2 elite players and a bunch of great complimentary players. That's the recipe. We have 1 elite young player, we just need to find another, and suddenly we are able to acquire/develop complimentary pieces who fit well alongside 2 stars.

Your right if KP stays healthy and we get that 2nd guy. The problem is we don't have any margin for error since we have been unwilling to truly bottom out while bottoming out. Philly didn't make stupid long term commitments to average players to stunt their tank. Now we once again are stuck waiting out contracts. We could of had a clean cap outside of Porzingis, Frank, 2018 Lottery pick , 2019 Lottery pick, 2020 lottery pick, Willy, Maybe Burke, and whatever 2nd rounders we acquired. We could of had space to add 2 max contracts to that core but NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!. The genius Steve Mills from Princeton couldn't figure out the basics of cap management. I mean only Anthony Davis,Giannais, Beal, Lillard, Mcollum, Derozan, oladipo, steven adams,Gobert, and Drummond are free agents I mean why would we want those guys when we have Hardaway. Im sure when Mills and his sidekick are through we want have any cap room. I'm sure they will max out Kanter this off-season

Porzingis 27 million
Frank 6 million
Lottery 2018 5 million
lottery 2019 5 million
lottery 2020 5 million
WIlly I think it was like 3 million
2nd rounders 1 million
1 million
1 million

Dude... you wrote all that without harping on trading KP.

We missed our chance on trading him. No one is giving up the haul of draft picks we could of got last year. For better or worse, whether he stays or goes, any chance we have to be competitive is tied to his health and his brothers wishes.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/2/2018  10:15 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
dacash wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:where's briggs? not that i expected him to show up and take his lumps like a man, because he never does, it just goes to show you how much of a front-runner and, (as nalod eloquently stated) he's extremely impressionable. we had more than 4 threads in less than 3 days on how good philly is by briggs, then they lose one game it's radio silence. you can't make it up.

Exactly the same reaction with actual Philly fans. I got the local wingnuts coming in after Game 1 dancing to Sixer songs playing on their phones and handing out Become One With The Process Bandwagon forms, and after DWade does his thing.... crickets....

Philadelphia is a darn special team. It was managed the way it takes to build a long term winner. That idiot Dolan can blame everyone and everything--but he can only beg and wish he had the Philly roster--as can Knicks fans.

Just look? What team in the east matches up well with Philly right now? The team is different with Elayasa and Bellinelli. Most talent most size great bench. They beat Miami 3 X by big numbers. No playrs match up with Simmons or Embiid--throw in Saric and then they have the shooters back up C they go it all.

At the end of the day, it's all about Embiid and Simmons. The rest of the players are a collection of guys who are highly attainable on any given given year, and look great next to 2 stars. The key with them is health. Embiid has one of the worst track records in the league, way worse than KP for example. But if healthy, they have 2 elite players and a bunch of great complimentary players. That's the recipe. We have 1 elite young player, we just need to find another, and suddenly we are able to acquire/develop complimentary pieces who fit well alongside 2 stars.

Your right if KP stays healthy and we get that 2nd guy. The problem is we don't have any margin for error since we have been unwilling to truly bottom out while bottoming out. Philly didn't make stupid long term commitments to average players to stunt their tank. Now we once again are stuck waiting out contracts. We could of had a clean cap outside of Porzingis, Frank, 2018 Lottery pick , 2019 Lottery pick, 2020 lottery pick, Willy, Maybe Burke, and whatever 2nd rounders we acquired. We could of had space to add 2 max contracts to that core but NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!. The genius Steve Mills from Princeton couldn't figure out the basics of cap management. I mean only Anthony Davis,Giannais, Beal, Lillard, Mcollum, Derozan, oladipo, steven adams,Gobert, and Drummond are free agents I mean why would we want those guys when we have Hardaway. Im sure when Mills and his sidekick are through we want have any cap room. I'm sure they will max out Kanter this off-season

Porzingis 27 million
Frank 6 million
Lottery 2018 5 million
lottery 2019 5 million
lottery 2020 5 million
WIlly I think it was like 3 million
2nd rounders 1 million
1 million
1 million

Dude... you wrote all that without harping on trading KP.

We missed our chance on trading him. No one is giving up the haul of draft picks we could of got last year. For better or worse, whether he stays or goes, any chance we have to be competitive is tied to his health and his brothers wishes.

Wow... so KP alone dictates the entire franchise and is the only high end basketball player available to us for the next generation. Oh and his big bro yields the reality stone. Got it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/2/2018  10:20 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Like I said some other time, if he put "today I feel" at the start of his thread titles, I'd have no problem

Its 1 game--every team isnt going to sweep 4 games? Philly is going to win this series.

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/2/2018  10:51 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Its 1 game--every team isnt going to sweep 4 games? Philly is going to win this series.

We should do playoff "sig bets". Loser has to put on their sig that they lost their bet.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/3/2018  11:12 PM
Wow. 2-0 is hard to come back from. I don't want the cavs in the finals again. I thought Philly would beat them if they met in the conference finals. I don't know if the celtics can pull that off but they have held home court.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/5/2018  7:57 PM
Except the Celtics
RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/5/2018  7:57 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler

5/5/2018  8:12 PM
Perry/Mills likely wrapped up Fizdale's deal just in time, because it looks like Brett Brown might lose his job.

Fizdale was probably not expecting a possible vacancy in Philly.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/5/2018  8:47 PM
Ummmm...
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/5/2018  9:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Perry/Mills likely wrapped up Fizdale's deal just in time, because it looks like Brett Brown might lose his job.

I think he over achieved this season, this 2nd round is a bonous

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/6/2018  4:15 AM
Hmmmmmmnnnn......
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
5/6/2018  4:48 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Perry/Mills likely wrapped up Fizdale's deal just in time, because it looks like Brett Brown might lose his job.

Brett Brown isn't getting fired for getting the team farther than expected. This game three was lost squarely on the players. They'll learn.

blkexec
Member: #748
5/6/2018  9:07 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Talent alone doesn't win games. Have to factor in coach....team chemistry....experience. Philly is cooked.....Time for the Celtics to eat that bird.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Welpee
Member: #6239

5/6/2018  9:53 AM

No way. Anybody who expected Philly to make a championship jump this soon is being delusional. Brown has done a great job. The next step (probably the hardest) is to get them prepared to go deep in the playoffs. Takes time.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/6/2018  11:03 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
dacash wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

They didn't hit on the Noel pick, and Fultz still has time to show he can be an elite player as well. But if they are going to let Simmons run the offense, then the Fultz pick is strange, should have gone for Tatum.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler

5/6/2018  4:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/6/2018  4:20 PM
knickscity wrote:

Brett Brown isn't getting fired for getting the team farther than expected. This game three was lost squarely on the players. They'll learn.

Fizdale was the hottest coach on the market, now he isnt. So yes, its less likely now3

GustavBahler

5/6/2018  4:19 PM
Welpee wrote:

No way. Anybody who expected Philly to make a championship jump this soon is being delusional. Brown has done a great job. The next step (probably the hardest) is to get them prepared to go deep in the playoffs. Takes time.

Not about a ring, its about a possible sweep, getting badly outcoached. If Fizdale had been available, its delusional to think that Philly wouldnt consider a hot commodity like Fizdale.

No one can beat Philly in the east

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy