[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fizdale a favorite for Hornets
Author Thread
Paris907
Posts: 21140
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
4/13/2018  12:31 PM
http://hoopshype.com/2018/04/13/charlotte-hornets-david-fizdale-steve-clifford-replacement/

Among my preferred candidates, DF ranks higher than Blatt or Doc. I like Mark Jackson and Van Gundy as he’s loyal, thorough, well prepared, experienced and defensive minded. He’s also not as intense as his brother who is also a solid coach.
1/ Fizdale
2/ Jackson
3/ Van Gundy

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Posts: 55712
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2018  3:39 PM
Paris907 wrote:http://hoopshype.com/2018/04/13/charlotte-hornets-david-fizdale-steve-clifford-replacement/

Among my preferred candidates, DF ranks higher than Blatt or Doc. I like Mark Jackson and Van Gundy as he’s loyal, thorough, well prepared, experienced and defensive minded. He’s also not as intense as his brother who is also a solid coach.
1/ Fizdale
2/ Jackson
3/ Van Gundy

Im a JVG fan. He last coached here 17 years ago.
An honest departure at least. He did not mail it in, instead he resigned. I actually found it refreshing and with integrity. Some found it "He quit on us, boo hoo".
Not sure I'd label him "loyal".
Kerr while an analyst was a GM in PHX before he coached.

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
meloshouldgo
Posts: 25073
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

4/13/2018  4:12 PM
JVG would be great. I have no interest in any other possible candidate names so far except the Nova coach.
Fizdale, Mark Jackson, Blatt, blah, blah

We'll probably end up with Mark Jackson

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Paris907
Posts: 21140
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
4/13/2018  8:15 PM
Loyal not to Dolan but when there was brawls w Miami, Jeff was in the mix protecting his players. I’m sure a lot of us remember that.
VCoug
Posts: 24813
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2007
Member: #1406

4/13/2018  9:46 PM
Why the **** anyone would want Mark Jackson is beyond me.
Knicksfans Forzingis!
Nalod
Posts: 55712
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2018  10:02 PM
Paris907 wrote:Loyal not to Dolan but when there was brawls w Miami, Jeff was in the mix protecting his players. I’m sure a lot of us remember that.

HE was intense, I liked that.

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
NYKBocker
Posts: 35573
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
4/14/2018  11:26 AM
Plus that civic reference in the UK home page would make sense again 😎
NYKBocker
Posts: 35573
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
4/14/2018  11:27 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Plus that civic reference in the UK forum main page would make sense again 😎
meloshouldgo
Posts: 25073
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

4/15/2018  2:13 PM
VCoug wrote:Why the **** anyone would want Mark Jackson is beyond me.

word

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Allanfan20
Posts: 33702
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
4/15/2018  3:35 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:Why the **** anyone would want Mark Jackson is beyond me.

word

I always find it funny that Mark Jackson was one of the worst defensive players imaginable yet people expect him to become a tough minded defenaive coach.

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
smackeddog
Posts: 33074
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
4/15/2018  3:54 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:Why the **** anyone would want Mark Jackson is beyond me.

word

I always find it funny that Mark Jackson was one of the worst defensive players imaginable yet people expect him to become a tough minded defenaive coach.

Don’t want him at all, don’t get the fans that do

Allanfan20
Posts: 33702
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
4/15/2018  7:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:Why the **** anyone would want Mark Jackson is beyond me.

word

I always find it funny that Mark Jackson was one of the worst defensive players imaginable yet people expect him to become a tough minded defenaive coach.

Don’t want him at all, don’t get the fans that do

Maybe it’s partially because Stephen A Smith (whom I like) practically begs the Knicks to hire him.

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
franco12
Posts: 30168
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 2/19/2004
Member: #599
USA
4/15/2018  8:56 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:Why the **** anyone would want Mark Jackson is beyond me.

word

I always find it funny that Mark Jackson was one of the worst defensive players imaginable yet people expect him to become a tough minded defenaive coach.

Don’t want him at all, don’t get the fans that do

Maybe it’s partially because Stephen A Smith (whom I like) practically begs the Knicks to hire him.

Jeff had nice words for him- pointed out his work in GS- which was solid and really the turning point in them becoming a great group.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/GSW/

Whoever they pick, I hope we can be honest about how long it's going to take before we're good- and we give said coach 3 years at least!

Paris907
Posts: 21140
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
4/15/2018  9:02 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:Why the **** anyone would want Mark Jackson is beyond me.

word

I always find it funny that Mark Jackson was one of the worst defensive players imaginable yet people expect him to become a tough minded defenaive coach.

Don’t want him at all, don’t get the fans that do

Maybe it’s partially because Stephen A Smith (whom I like) practically begs the Knicks to hire him.

I’m not sure who I dislike more: blowhard Stephen Smith or Shannon Sharpe. Nothing would please me more than to hear they were stuck on an elevator - just the two of them for minimum 24 hours.

Allanfan20
Posts: 33702
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
4/15/2018  11:27 PM
franco12 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:Why the **** anyone would want Mark Jackson is beyond me.

word

I always find it funny that Mark Jackson was one of the worst defensive players imaginable yet people expect him to become a tough minded defenaive coach.

Don’t want him at all, don’t get the fans that do

Maybe it’s partially because Stephen A Smith (whom I like) practically begs the Knicks to hire him.

Jeff had nice words for him- pointed out his work in GS- which was solid and really the turning point in them becoming a great group.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/GSW/

Whoever they pick, I hope we can be honest about how long it's going to take before we're good- and we give said coach 3 years at least!

Good luck with that one. I agree but it’s not happening.

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
arkrud
Posts: 30967
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
4/16/2018  12:08 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:Why the **** anyone would want Mark Jackson is beyond me.

word

I always find it funny that Mark Jackson was one of the worst defensive players imaginable yet people expect him to become a tough minded defenaive coach.

Don’t want him at all, don’t get the fans that do

Maybe it’s partially because Stephen A Smith (whom I like) practically begs the Knicks to hire him.

Jeff had nice words for him- pointed out his work in GS- which was solid and really the turning point in them becoming a great group.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/GSW/

Whoever they pick, I hope we can be honest about how long it's going to take before we're good- and we give said coach 3 years at least!

Good luck with that one. I agree but it’s not happening.

Stephen A Smith (media clown) pushing for Mark Jackson (church clown)... Expected connection

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
Fizdale a favorite for Hornets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.