[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 PLAYOFFS ARE HERE!
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/26/2018  8:59 AM
When you think about Lebron, Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Larry, Kareem, etc....Lebron is the only one winning championships and making final apparences without a hall of fame coach...
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/26/2018  12:08 PM
Uptown wrote:When you think about Lebron, Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Larry, Kareem, etc....Lebron is the only one winning championships and making final apparences without a hall of fame coach...

This years cavs team are awful (as was his Cavs team when he made the finals before leaving them)- I think this season has been one of lebron's most impressive, he's dragging his bag of trash team mates to wins almost single handedly. Hope they beat the celtics.

Uptown

5/26/2018  5:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Uptown wrote:When you think about Lebron, Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Larry, Kareem, etc....Lebron is the only one winning championships and making final apparences without a hall of fame coach...

This years cavs team are awful (as was his Cavs team when he made the finals before leaving them)- I think this season has been one of lebron's most impressive, he's dragging his bag of trash team mates to wins almost single handedly. Hope they beat the celtics.

Same...I hate the Celtics!!! Lebron is having one of the best playoff runs of all time....2 buzzer beaters, over 40 pts 7 times, Triple doubles....and dragging this team to the eastern conference final. Player for player, the Celts and Raptors have better rosters. Dude is amazing!

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

5/26/2018  9:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:

The press is doing nothing short of blowing LBJ in public regarding his lack of "help" on his teams.

He picks his teams. He picks who is on his teams. He is the defacto GM (until it all goes to crap, then he blames his front office) He picks his coaches and then drives them out.

Erik Spolestra will have a shot of getting into the HOF. I consider him the best coach right now in the entire NBA. Most of the guys I still know working in the NBA consider him informally as the best current coach in the NBA. Even above Pop and even above Stevens and Kerr. Riley picked Spolestra out from the crowd and groomed him and gave him real opportunity. LBJ desperately tried to get him fired?

Do you know why?

Spolestra told LBJ what every coach has told him. Every last one of them. His hero/iso ball routine works because he can overpower a gutted East and coast through the playoffs, but against top tier contender level competition (Spurs,contender Mavericks, Warriors), it's not going to fly. Add in his horrific de facto GM role, and he makes everything harder for himself.

He's an idiot who won the genetic lottery. Is he a transcendent level type player? Yes. In all of human history? Yes. Does that mean he has helped his own cause? No. He's not coachable, the entire NBA knows that. But hes so overwhelming in terms of talent compared to everyone else, he can get away with it, until he hits the Finals. And the competition is just too good ( i.e. read real team work) to stop.

He did the same thing in his first Cavs run ( pseudo armchair GM them into the ground), then with the Heat (because you need Mike Miller and Haslem more than a center...) and then the Cavs again. He's a coach killer to boot. The difference between him and other crap attitude mouth breathers in the league is he was born with a truly rare genetic makeup and he has a lifetime Nike contract.

If you try to get Erik Spolestra fired, you don't deserve a good coach the rest of your career.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/26/2018  11:54 PM
I an going to root fir the Celtics. Fukk LeBron
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
alexs
Member: #1262
Kenya
5/27/2018  5:05 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

The press is doing nothing short of blowing LBJ in public regarding his lack of "help" on his teams.

He picks his teams. He picks who is on his teams. He is the defacto GM (until it all goes to crap, then he blames his front office) He picks his coaches and then drives them out.

Erik Spolestra will have a shot of getting into the HOF. I consider him the best coach right now in the entire NBA. Most of the guys I still know working in the NBA consider him informally as the best current coach in the NBA. Even above Pop and even above Stevens and Kerr. Riley picked Spolestra out from the crowd and groomed him and gave him real opportunity. LBJ desperately tried to get him fired?

Do you know why?

Spolestra told LBJ what every coach has told him. Every last one of them. His hero/iso ball routine works because he can overpower a gutted East and coast through the playoffs, but against top tier contender level competition (Spurs,contender Mavericks, Warriors), it's not going to fly. Add in his horrific de facto GM role, and he makes everything harder for himself.

He's an idiot who won the genetic lottery. Is he a transcendent level type player? Yes. In all of human history? Yes. Does that mean he has helped his own cause? No. He's not coachable, the entire NBA knows that. But hes so overwhelming in terms of talent compared to everyone else, he can get away with it, until he hits the Finals. And the competition is just too good ( i.e. read real team work) to stop.

He did the same thing in his first Cavs run ( pseudo armchair GM them into the ground), then with the Heat (because you need Mike Miller and Haslem more than a center...) and then the Cavs again. He's a coach killer to boot. The difference between him and other crap attitude mouth breathers in the league is he was born with a truly rare genetic makeup and he has a lifetime Nike contract.

If you try to get Erik Spolestra fired, you don't deserve a good coach the rest of your career.

Great stuff TT, absolutely spot on

smackeddog
5/27/2018  4:04 PM
alexs wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Do you know why?

Shame on all you Celtics supporters! Haven't you forgotten how annoying KG and Paul Pierce were?!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/27/2018  9:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:
alexs wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Do you know why?

Shame on all you Celtics supporters! Haven't you forgotten how annoying KG and Paul Pierce were?!

KG and Paul Pierce aren't playing, and even combined they weren't as annoying as LeBron

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/27/2018  10:02 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
alexs wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Do you know why?

KG and Paul Pierce aren't playing, and even combined they weren't as annoying as LeBron

garnett was one of the most annoying players ever. he lost every fight he ever instigated and should have had his jaw broken for him another half dozen times for his punk behavior.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/27/2018  11:12 PM
GOAT!
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/27/2018  11:43 PM
Heard an analyst say the Cavs gave away a year of prime Lebron when they didn't trade the nets pick to get him help this year and I thought he was right. Can't believe the Cavs are going to the finals again.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
5/28/2018  3:19 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Heard an analyst say the Cavs gave away a year of prime Lebron when they didn't trade the nets pick to get him help this year and I thought he was right. Can't believe the Cavs are going to the finals again.

Yep, amazing achievement for Lebron, I think this has been one of his most impressive playoffs/seasons. Compare his performance to Harden's (who will likely win MVP)- it's night and day.

Now hopefully the Rockets will beat the Warriors (unlikely without CP3)- not because I like the Rockets, but I just think it would make for a more unpredictable and entertaining finals

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/28/2018  9:33 AM
this current Vintage of Lebron far less annoying than over versions. He complains less, jumps back up when hit and seems super human. Morris grabbed him by the shoulders and he ended up falling down. Ball still went in despite a goal tending. At 33 he is stronger, more focused and is much better at knowing when to take th ball him self or pass. This team he is on is ugly. How he is not MVP is still beyond me.
Down 0-2 in this series and come from behind win. Damn!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/28/2018  9:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Heard an analyst say the Cavs gave away a year of prime Lebron when they didn't trade the nets pick to get him help this year and I thought he was right. Can't believe the Cavs are going to the finals again.

Yep, amazing achievement for Lebron, I think this has been one of his most impressive playoffs/seasons. Compare his performance to Harden's (who will likely win MVP)- it's night and day.

Now hopefully the Rockets will beat the Warriors (unlikely without CP3)- not because I like the Rockets, but I just think it would make for a more unpredictable and entertaining finals

This series took a physical toll on LeBron, he didnt have enough burst at the end of the game to get by their center. Was getting blocked by guards. Was literally on the floor, on his back, during the celebratory press conference.

I could see him leaving just because he knows he cant do this every season. Cavs need another star to replace Irving in a bad way.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/28/2018  9:49 AM
Of you course you have to give credit to LeBronna. Unbelievable what he has achieved. He is without doubt the league's best player. And one of its worst GMs.
Uptown

5/28/2018  9:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2018  9:51 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Do you know why?

So according to your narrative, LeBron is the GM, Coach and Player?! This makes is accomplishments that much greater. Bill Russell was the last player-coach to advance to the finals but Lebron one-upped-him by being the GM as well...He is truly one of a kind...Jordan and Kobe do not have any rings without phil. Lebron won in Cleveland coaching and GMing himself!!!

TripleThreat

5/28/2018  2:00 PM

He spit on his franchise and his entire home town in a half hour special designed to sooth his own ego.

The Cavs would have gladly traded that Nets pick. If LBJ would have signed a real long term extension with the team and committed to it for the long haul. He's made it clear he's going to leave, so they have to look to the future. If a guy works at a job and he's good at his job, but he's making it clear he's interviewing elsewhere and is going to leave, that guy is going to get pissed when the company starts training his replacement?

The Cavs took on George Hill and Jordan Clarkson, both are horrible long term moves. The Cavs took some real hits to get him help this year. Much of which would not be so pressing if not for other stupid LeGM decisions ( Varejao extension, Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, 2 first rounders for Mozgov, dumping Waiters, Karasev and Zeller for nothing, more Mike Miller, coach killing, trading Wiggins for Kevin Love then demoralizing Love constantly by openly trying to trade him over and over again and blaming him for not being a rim protecting pivot)

The Cavs are the Elon Musk of the NBA. They married the same b*tch twice. She might be hot, or maybe she could suck a golf ball through a hose, but she's still a b*tch at heart. LBJ is a HOF player, but he's still a b*tch at heart.

If you have one foot out the door, don't get jilted because someone won't pack your bags for you.

TripleThreat

5/28/2018  2:14 PM
Uptown wrote:So according to your narrative, LeBron is the GM, Coach and Player?! This makes is accomplishments that much greater. Bill Russell was the last player-coach to advance to the finals but Lebron one-upped-him by being the GM as well...He is truly one of a kind...Jordan and Kobe do not have any rings without phil. Lebron won in Cleveland coaching and GMing himself!!!

LeBron James , the individual player, has to work so hard on both ends during the playoffs to compensate for LeGM, The Blithering Idiot. This would be unsustainable if he was not in the gutted Eastern Conference.

Can he drag a team into the Finals in the battered East over and over again? Esp with Nike and the networks and the league pushing every button to get him there for the marketing and ratings? Yes.

But he wouldn't have to drag them if he let a real veteran coach and a real veteran GM do their jobs without the meddling.

He is his own best friend ( transcendent individual player, no one can take that from him) and his own worst enemy ( de facto idiot GM who can't shut up and coach killer)

It comes down to this, if he got out of his own way more, he'd have more rings. Sometimes the real accomplishment you need is to actually know when to get out of your own way.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/28/2018  5:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2018  5:51 PM
triplethreat thinks this is a shock jock radio show lol.
Uptown

5/28/2018  7:23 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

He spit on his franchise and his entire home town in a half hour special designed to sooth his own ego.

The Cavs would have gladly traded that Nets pick. If LBJ would have signed a real long term extension with the team and committed to it for the long haul. He's made it clear he's going to leave, so they have to look to the future. If a guy works at a job and he's good at his job, but he's making it clear he's interviewing elsewhere and is going to leave, that guy is going to get pissed when the company starts training his replacement?

The Cavs took on George Hill and Jordan Clarkson, both are horrible long term moves. The Cavs took some real hits to get him help this year. Much of which would not be so pressing if not for other stupid LeGM decisions ( Varejao extension, Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, 2 first rounders for Mozgov, dumping Waiters, Karasev and Zeller for nothing, more Mike Miller, coach killing, trading Wiggins for Kevin Love then demoralizing Love constantly by openly trying to trade him over and over again and blaming him for not being a rim protecting pivot)

The Cavs are the Elon Musk of the NBA. They married the same b*tch twice. She might be hot, or maybe she could suck a golf ball through a hose, but she's still a b*tch at heart. LBJ is a HOF player, but he's still a b*tch at heart.

If you have one foot out the door, don't get jilted because someone won't pack your bags for you.

Why should Lebron sign a long term extension?!? Whats wrong with a player being able to control their own destiny?? Why is it okay for GM's to trade and dump players as they please without allowing the player any say-so in the matter??

All of these so-called stupid moves only resulted in 4 straight finals for the city of Cleveland for crying out loud. They were the worse team in the league before he got there (its how they landed the #1 pick). They were the worse team when he left. They drafted Kyrie and Bennett in back to back years and couldn't make the playoffs...He returned and they go right back to the finals 4 straight years and win one of them!!!! The goal of GM's, Owners and Presidents, is to win a chip and or at least compete for one which is exactly what the Cavs were able to do whether you like the way they went about it or not!!

BTW, Elon Musk is worth over 18 billion....The Cavs are more like Stedman and the B*tch (LeBron) is the more like Oprah. He's made the city of cleveland and that franchise millions of dollars....When and if Oprah leaves Stedman, the Cavs wont be worth **** and nobody would care!!!

The 2018 PLAYOFFS ARE HERE!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy