[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 PLAYOFFS ARE HERE!
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/21/2018  10:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/21/2018  10:04 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Anyone see an ad for the Uncle Drew movie? Looks like a Nickelodeon movie that went wrong.

It's essentially a financial apology from Nike to Kyrie Irving.

From what I'm hearing, Nike at the top level got split in half. LeBron James has a lifetime contract and is the face of Nike basketball. But Irving is a featured Nike signature athlete. So Nike simply stood by while James used Rich Paul and the press to gut Irving in the press over and over again. The major networks get that nice advertising money from Nike and all the other companies/brands in bed with Nike. So a Irving hatchet job only happens if Nike lets it happen. This is not how it's supposed to work. The unspoken deal is you work for Nike, you just "moonlight" as an NBA player, you do what the Swoosh tells you to do ( Like if you have a receding hairline covered in thrown in the air chalk and have a couple of babies out of wedlock, you get told to marry your long time GF and then abort that third on the way child because it looks bad for marketing) In exchange, the Big Swoosh manages all of your media for you, meaning you are protected on high by the Swoosh Prince Of Darkness.

The split happened internally because half the top brass knew what was going to happen and did happen. The other brands, shoe and apparel companies, started poaching and also push to new fresh meat out there that you should think about signing with a brand that will so clearly gut you in the back.

Personally I think Irving is an idiot, but he got completely railroaded in the press so LBJ can change the narrative when he leaves Cleveland again.

The Uncle Drew movie is clearly going to bomb, and it's going to function on a tax on more of LeBron Jame's stupidity. The guy runs his own agency, Klutch Sports, and rubs it in everyone's face all the time. He triggered one massive labor war that gutted the NBAPA and now he'll incite another one. He's the NBA's own Helen of Troy.

The depth of the utter stupidity of LeBron James knows no bounds. You'd need James Cameron and a deep dive submersible to try to get that far down to try to find it. The Uncle Drew movie is going to tank and when it does, some people are going to lose their jobs. Good job LBJ. You got what you wanted again, it just cost everyone around you. Idiot.

Where the F*&^ you getting your info from? Does the press include the talking heads? I'm pretty sure Screamin' A and the likes don't need Lebron to give them an opinion...BTW, who protects Lebron from the legion of haters he has in the press?

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/21/2018  2:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/21/2018  2:10 PM
Uptown wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Anyone see an ad for the Uncle Drew movie? Looks like a Nickelodeon movie that went wrong.

It's essentially a financial apology from Nike to Kyrie Irving.

From what I'm hearing, Nike at the top level got split in half. LeBron James has a lifetime contract and is the face of Nike basketball. But Irving is a featured Nike signature athlete. So Nike simply stood by while James used Rich Paul and the press to gut Irving in the press over and over again. The major networks get that nice advertising money from Nike and all the other companies/brands in bed with Nike. So a Irving hatchet job only happens if Nike lets it happen. This is not how it's supposed to work. The unspoken deal is you work for Nike, you just "moonlight" as an NBA player, you do what the Swoosh tells you to do ( Like if you have a receding hairline covered in thrown in the air chalk and have a couple of babies out of wedlock, you get told to marry your long time GF and then abort that third on the way child because it looks bad for marketing) In exchange, the Big Swoosh manages all of your media for you, meaning you are protected on high by the Swoosh Prince Of Darkness.

The split happened internally because half the top brass knew what was going to happen and did happen. The other brands, shoe and apparel companies, started poaching and also push to new fresh meat out there that you should think about signing with a brand that will so clearly gut you in the back.

Personally I think Irving is an idiot, but he got completely railroaded in the press so LBJ can change the narrative when he leaves Cleveland again.

The Uncle Drew movie is clearly going to bomb, and it's going to function on a tax on more of LeBron Jame's stupidity. The guy runs his own agency, Klutch Sports, and rubs it in everyone's face all the time. He triggered one massive labor war that gutted the NBAPA and now he'll incite another one. He's the NBA's own Helen of Troy.

The depth of the utter stupidity of LeBron James knows no bounds. You'd need James Cameron and a deep dive submersible to try to get that far down to try to find it. The Uncle Drew movie is going to tank and when it does, some people are going to lose their jobs. Good job LBJ. You got what you wanted again, it just cost everyone around you. Idiot.

Where the F*&^ you getting your info from? Does the press include the talking heads? I'm pretty sure Screamin' A and the likes don't need Lebron to give them an opinion...BTW, who protects Lebron from the legion of haters he has in the press?

He's just guessing like the rest of us

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/21/2018  10:34 PM
Huge play by Nance.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/22/2018  10:38 PM
Huge shot by that guy that plays just like Chris Jackson.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/22/2018  11:27 PM
love it - warriors lose!
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/23/2018  3:07 AM
Marv wrote:love it - warriors lose!

Yep! There's no team left in the playoffs that I want to win, but for now I'm rooting for the Warriors to lose.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/23/2018  8:54 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Yep! There's no team left in the playoffs that I want to win, but for now I'm rooting for the Warriors to lose.

I've always hated teams like MJ and the Bulls, Larry and the Celts, and never understood fans that would hop on the bandwagon and be a fan of the 'team that never loses'.

But I like Golden State, and have for a while. I like the way they play.

Houston - I like MDA- but I can't stand Harden because, in my opinion, he gets such unbelievable bail out treatment by the refs.

Why don't you like GS? Is it the fact Durant went there when they already had a ton of talent and proven they could win?

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/23/2018  9:25 AM
franco12 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I've always hated teams like MJ and the Bulls, Larry and the Celts, and never understood fans that would hop on the bandwagon and be a fan of the 'team that never loses'.

Houston - I like MDA- but I can't stand Harden because, in my opinion, he gets such unbelievable bail out treatment by the refs.

Why don't you like GS? Is it the fact Durant went there when they already had a ton of talent and proven they could win?

when a team becomes so dominate, and your team is trash, you tend not to root for the dominate team.

Like I have always hate everything about boston, but I find myself rooting for them against labron.

I don't care for HARDEN either, but i love MDA, and the GSW are full of themseleve's

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/23/2018  10:07 AM
I too always enjoyed any Boston misery.
But in the end we have the Yankees, they the Celtics.
When Knicks were great the Celtics were formidable and the games meant something. If your rival beats you, you want them to suffer.
Its been years since and its hard to dislike Brad Stevens and his team.
At the same time I am no "fan" of Lebron but I am in awe of what he has done over the years and there is something about seeing greatness unfold and this man has produced some incredible moments on the court I find myself drawn to seeing history unfold.
His arrogance has matured over the years and the work he puts in is evident. I learned this appreciation from watching Jordan and Bulls and eventually had to shake my head in awe and just take it in. If the knicks are not in it Im just observing.
The Warriors greatness is boring and thus Im drawn to the Rockets struggle to unseat them.
I admire Celtics team concept and an envious of what Ainge is doing with them.
If Chips make it easier to legitimatize greatness then I hope Lebron succeeds. His quest and drive is to be admired. He has evolved over the years and his on court locked in demeanor demonstrates a level of maturity not seen in his younger years. After the clown act of the early "Heatles" he has evolved.
Warriors collective of talent is impressive no doubt and individually I fine little to dislike. I respect Kerr very much and the players themselves except for Draymond are likable.
Perhaps teams with flaws that overcome adversity (underdogs) are more attractive than a team that is trying not to lose. Warriors have the most talent, they should win, and while they are the favorite its like they are not trying to climb a mountain because its easy, but trying not to fail. They have won before, expected to win and perhaps I see lessor glory in that. Im not a vested warrior fan so I see greater glory in a Rocket-Cav-Celtic win.
smackeddog
5/23/2018  11:32 AM
franco12 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I usually root against the better team, but I also think the Warriors have become quite full of themselves and are quite unlikeable. I don't like the Rockets either (And while I acknowledge Harden is very talented, I don't find his game enjoyable to watch at all), but a finals of the Rockets and Cavs would be slightly less predictable than Warriors vs Cavs (or Celtics!)

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/23/2018  12:15 PM
franco12 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I like the way GS plays too, and used to like them both for that and they built the team. Having said that, the Durant move was a bitch move and changed everything. Okl gets nothing for that (shame on you Presti) both gutting a rival and bandwagon jumping to the highest order (I forgive guys like David West, but not top players like Durant)

Harden does get bailed out a lot but he's less of a whiny cry baby than guys like Lebron

(5)(5)
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/24/2018  11:57 PM
Didn't watch he first half today but was unhappy with Durant going iso all he time in he second today. He killed the Warriors and they should away with this one. C'mon man this is why you left Russ, so now you want to hog the first 22 secods of the shot clock?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
smackeddog
5/25/2018  3:25 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:Didn't watch he first half today but was unhappy with Durant going iso all he time in he second today. He killed the Warriors and they should away with this one. C'mon man this is why you left Russ, so now you want to hog the first 22 secods of the shot clock?

I didn't watch the game, but the boxscore looks weird- Harden and CP played bad but the Rockets won

franco12
USA
5/25/2018  7:12 AM
smackeddog wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Didn't watch he first half today but was unhappy with Durant going iso all he time in he second today. He killed the Warriors and they should away with this one. C'mon man this is why you left Russ, so now you want to hog the first 22 secods of the shot clock?

I didn't watch the game, but the boxscore looks weird- Harden and CP played bad but the Rockets won

it was a grind it out affair.

Now- on Durant- the Rockets played really aggressive, in your grill, 90s type defense. So the Warriors really struggled to get into their offensive rhythm. Now- the Warriors still made a lot of mistakes, but the Rockets played like the stronger team.

I tend to think this is really the finals, and either the Rockets or Warriors will roll past either the Celts or Cavs.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
5/25/2018  9:46 AM
Without CP3 no chance Rockets can win game 6. Maybe they can win game 7.
smackeddog
5/25/2018  11:51 AM
anrst wrote:Without CP3 no chance Rockets can win game 6. Maybe they can win game 7.

If Rockets somehow beat the Warriors without CP3, then it would make for an interesting finals- really not sure who'd win out of CP-less Rockets (Harden has no heart), Celtics or Cavs

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/25/2018  2:39 PM
franco12 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Now- on Durant- the Rockets played really aggressive, in your grill, 90s type defense. So the Warriors really struggled to get into their offensive rhythm. Now- the Warriors still made a lot of mistakes, but the Rockets played like the stronger team.

I tend to think this is really the finals, and either the Rockets or Warriors will roll past either the Celts or Cavs.

I think you are slightly overeating the rockets defense. They did play well but golden state could have penetrated the defense better if they had passed the rock. It's like GSW was playing down to Houston's style instead of playing the way they should. Not having Iggy sucks, there's no way David West can guard Chris Paul when he rotates to him

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
franco12
USA
5/25/2018  4:06 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I think you are slightly overeating the rockets defense. They did play well but golden state could have penetrated the defense better if they had passed the rock. It's like GSW was playing down to Houston's style instead of playing the way they should. Not having Iggy sucks, there's no way David West can guard Chris Paul when he rotates to him

I don't think I am overstating or over rating the rockets defense. They stepped up big time, and got in the grills of GS.

No doubt GS should have done better.

I think they are suffering from - been there, done it - proved we are champions.

I also think we have to fault Kerr some because there was no adjustment in the game to what Houston was doing on either side of the ball.

Maybe I don't know better- but I would back off Harden, force him to beat me from outside.

I would also send a double, force someone else to beat me, and get the ball out of his hand earlier in the shot clock.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/26/2018  7:49 AM
wow lebron. no matter how you feel about him otherwise, right?
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/26/2018  8:56 AM
Marv wrote:wow lebron. no matter how you feel about him otherwise, right?

Bern watching ball since Bernard reigned supreme at the Garden....Lebron is the 2nd best player I ever saw behind Jordan!! Hate him or love him, Lebron id unbelievable!!!

The 2018 PLAYOFFS ARE HERE!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy