Member: #3186

5/2/2018  6:48 PM
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/2/2018  7:02 PM
Great article on Fizdale.
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/4/30/17271830/know-the-coaching-candidate-david-fizdale
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/2/2018  7:53 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15

5/2/2018  8:03 PM
From the Daily News, liked this quote from Fizdale..

"I really just want to get back on this sideline and take what I learned from this last situation and really try to apply it to the next organization," Fizdale said at the time. "I'm not faultless in all this stuff. I don't want to sit here and act like that. I have mistakes that I made and things that I want to grow from and learn. So whatever kind of team that is - whether that's a contender or a young team trying to be a contender or a young team trying to develop -- I'm ready to face it all."
fwk00
Member: #6048

5/2/2018  8:25 PM
martin wrote:

Pictures like this will attract #MeToo "victims" like flies on sh@t. Just what MSG needs.

martin
USA
5/2/2018  8:31 PM
fwk00 wrote:
martin wrote:

Pictures like this will attract #MeToo "victims" like flies on sh@t. Just what MSG needs.

No idea what you are saying. That’s his wife

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/2/2018  8:31 PM
fwk00 wrote:
martin wrote:

No no his wife is extra sexy. That's her

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/2/2018  8:56 PM
Berman really cut into the Gasol thing. BUild them up and tear into it. We read about it with Blatt and now fizz
Create a divide. Media here is brutal.
Coach Bud must be a choir boy, not a negative thing on him.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/2/2018  9:34 PM
martin wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-david-fizdale-gains-traction-become-knicks-head-coach-221651390.html

Sources: David Fizdale gains traction in search for next Knicks head coach

David Fizdale has gained serious traction in the New York Knicks’ search to become the franchise’s next head coach, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Knicks interviewed a wide array of candidates for their vacant head-coaching position, and have considered other candidates that include former Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt, former Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson and former Atlanta Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer, league sources said. No agreement between Fizdale and the Knicks has been finalized, league sources said.

Fizdale emerged as a leading candidate after the Knicks fired Jeff Hornacek once the end of the season, but the front office made sure to do its due diligence in meeting with more than 10 coaching candidates. The Knicks’ front office met with accomplished head coaches – such Budenhozler, the 2014-15 Coach of the Year, Jackson, Mike Brown – as well as strong assistant candidates in San Antonio’s James Borrego, Boston’s Jay Larranaga and Miami’s Juwan Howard.

Fizdale, 43, has a reputation for forging strong player relationships and has a championship pedigree as part of two title teams in Miami. He was fired in his second year as Memphis Grizzlies head coach last season after a 7-12 start. He helped lead Memphis to a 43-39 record and postseason berth in 2016-17.

Fizdale would bring the Knicks one of the most desirable coaches on the market. The Phoenix Suns also expressed significant interest in Fizdale for their coaching vacancy, league sources said.

Fizdale was an assistant for Golden State, Atlanta and Miami from 2003-16 before landing his first head-coaching job in Memphis.

Now this is Promising News I've been pushing for Fiz from day one. Hopefully we close the deal ASAP!!!

martin
USA
5/2/2018  9:39 PM
Aw yeah

GustavBahler

5/2/2018  9:47 PM
martin wrote:Aw yeah

Depends on what a bad answer is. No coach is going to say "trade Frank." If a finalist says SG is where Frank is best suited, do they consider that a wrong answer? IDK. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/2/2018  10:01 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Depends on what a bad answer is. No coach is going to say "trade Frank." If a finalist says SG is where Frank is best suited, do they consider that a wrong answer? IDK. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

the right answer: "position is meaningless, i want frank on the court because he makes us a better team when he is. lets let his play and growth dictate what 'position' he ends up at."

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
GustavBahler

5/2/2018  10:09 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

the right answer: "position is meaningless, i want frank on the court because he makes us a better team when he is. lets let his play and growth dictate what 'position' he ends up at."

Not if we draft a stud PG

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/3/2018  2:12 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Even if Frank developed into a stud PG himself. Having another stud PG wouldn't hurt. Having Frank be a stud PG(if he developed into that) but play at SG with a 6'5 7ft wing span frame would probably benefit the Knicks as that would mean 2 play makers at the guard position without giving up size. With one of them having lock down skills as well. Would also provide backup mins at the position.

Knicks shouldn't be trying to put players in boxes imo. They should be looking for a 9 man rotation of players that can defend multiple positions, shoot, put the ball on the floor & pass. If they want to contend for a chip that's the level they have to build towards.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/3/2018  2:16 AM
I will learn to live with it if we hire Blatt or Fizz. But I really have my heart set on Bud.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/3/2018  2:53 AM
dacash wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
martin wrote:

No no his wife is extra sexy. That's her

She's nice. I thought I accidentally clicked on a Bang Bros. link lol Coach Spo's wife is nice too.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

5/3/2018  3:36 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Even if Frank developed into a stud PG himself. Having another stud PG wouldn't hurt. Having Frank be a stud PG(if he developed into that) but play at SG with a 6'5 7ft wing span frame would probably benefit the Knicks as that would mean 2 play makers at the guard position without giving up size. With one of them having lock down skills as well. Would also provide backup mins at the position.

Knicks shouldn't be trying to put players in boxes imo. They should be looking for a 9 man rotation of players that can defend multiple positions, shoot, put the ball on the floor & pass. If they want to contend for a chip that's the level they have to build towards.

How did that work out for Mark Jackson and Rod Strickland? Id rather draft a stud PG and move Frank to SG.

My point was we dont really know why they're asking, because we dont know how they see Frank. His role on the team, given that he has looked better off the ball.

wallstbear
Member: #6301

5/3/2018  5:28 AM
I wonder what it would take to bring MDA back after everything he went through and considering he is a COTY running a top 1-2 team in the league with not 1 but 2 "Super point guards" in James Harden and Chris Paul (yeah, he needs a super PG to succeed).

I would imagine it takes a LOT.

knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I really want JVG

why

probably because that's the last time we were truly a good team. MDA and JVG are my favorites

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/3/2018  1:35 PM
I was team Bud, but Fiz is slowly winning me over. He brings a lot of intangibles to the table.

https://www.instagram.com/natasha_sen/?hl=en

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
The next Knicks Head Coach is...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy