CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/14/2018  1:41 PM
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
VCoug wrote:I can't believe people here are still doubting the process. The 76ers tanked for 5 seasons and now have a super-young 52 win team with at least two potential superstars and will probably be adding another high draft pick from the Lakers this Summer. We've sucked for 5 years. Does anyone here think that we'll win 52 games next season? The season after that? How many years do you think it will take to be as good as Philly is today?

Totally agree with you man the process works.

You have been going hard after the front office since the Knicks actually began trying to rebuild 10 months ago. It makes it hard to think you could stomach anything close to what Hinkie did in Philly.

This team has sucked for nearly 20 years straight with almost nothing to show for it and I'm still around. I've been calling for us to tear down and rebuild that entire time so at least we might suck with purpose. And I don't know what you're talking about by the front office actually began trying to rebuild. Paying $18M/year to an at best league-average SG doesn't sound like a rebuilding move to me.

I am talking about since Perry has been in place. Not a fan of Mills past or present. I guess I should have said the past 9 months.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Member: #1406

4/14/2018  1:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
VCoug wrote:I can't believe people here are still doubting the process. The 76ers tanked for 5 seasons and now have a super-young 52 win team with at least two potential superstars and will probably be adding another high draft pick from the Lakers this Summer. We've sucked for 5 years. Does anyone here think that we'll win 52 games next season? The season after that? How many years do you think it will take to be as good as Philly is today?

You have been going hard after the front office since the Knicks actually began trying to rebuild 10 months ago. It makes it hard to think you could stomach anything close to what Hinkie did in Philly.

This team has sucked for nearly 20 years straight with almost nothing to show for it and I'm still around. I've been calling for us to tear down and rebuild that entire time so at least we might suck with purpose. And I don't know what you're talking about by the front office actually began trying to rebuild. Paying $18M/year to an at best league-average SG doesn't sound like a rebuilding move to me.

I am talking about since Perry has been in place. Not a fan of Mills past or present. I guess I should have said the past 9 months.

There's almost no moves to judge Perry on yet. The Melo trade was good because we didn't cave and take Ryan Anderson back but at the end of the day is pretty meaningless (that's of course Phil Jackson's fault for giving him such stupid contract). The Mudiay trade certainly wasn't crippling but it makes me worry about our talent and asset evaluation. The WHG trade was bad, should never trade a player after tanking his value but we did it anyway. The Troy Williams signing was good but not exactly special, though I'm certainly happy that we giving out team options instead of player options. He didn't trade KOQ or Lee for anything. We'll have a better idea of Perry after this Summer when we see what he does with the head coach, our draft pick, and the MLE or cap space if Kanter opts out.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/14/2018  2:38 PM
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:

There's almost no moves to judge Perry on yet. The Melo trade was good because we didn't cave and take Ryan Anderson back but at the end of the day is pretty meaningless (that's of course Phil Jackson's fault for giving him such stupid contract). The Mudiay trade certainly wasn't crippling but it makes me worry about our talent and asset evaluation. The WHG trade was bad, should never trade a player after tanking his value but we did it anyway. The Troy Williams signing was good but not exactly special, though I'm certainly happy that we giving out team options instead of player options. He didn't trade KOQ or Lee for anything. We'll have a better idea of Perry after this Summer when we see what he does with the head coach, our draft pick, and the MLE or cap space if Kanter opts out.

I disagree. Burke came to the Knicks because of Perry. Jack was a Perry move. Troy Williams looks like a future rotation player. I thought the Mudiay move was opportunistic. The guy was only 21 when the Knicks got him. No franchise changing moves but he didn't have that ability. There were no deals for KOQ or Lee out there so I don't think that counts against him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/14/2018  4:21 PM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:The way forward might be to find hidden gems like Victor Oladipo in trades, not hoping for a high lottery pick.

Funny how you mention Oladipo. Perry traded him scary that he didn’t see his talent.

Do you know it was Perry advocating for the trade or his boss, Rob Hennigan?
you now know in the last two years olidipo has improved massively each of those years embarrassing both the magic and Sam Presti.
Magic traded Olidipo, the 11th pick that was Sabonis and Ilistrova for free agent to be Ibaka, who after two years traded to Toronto. If Paul George walks with nothing in return Presti looks even worse than Hennigan.
That’s the kind of stupidity that gets you fired and Magic mirred in their awful state.
But, its all about Perry?

Lets absolve Perry of any wrong doing. I love the let’s blame everyone but Perry. Nalod your a prime example of a plastic bag in the wind. You did this with Phil remember uncle Phil. Soon as Phil was out you threw him under the bus. Your doing the same thing with Perry. Only time will tell if you throw him under the bus.

The blame game is no win. Your blaming Perry void of facts.
I advocate to put your self in the moment with the facts and opinions and then understand the issue.
Magic are an awful organization but I cant lay blame when I don’t know the facts.

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

4/14/2018  7:08 PM
Perry was the asst gm not the gm how the asst gm make all those decisions in Orlando? The FM did nothing but let the asst gm.handle it? Makes very little sense. But why not....
Philly is above Boston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy