[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hornacek is out...per Woj
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/14/2018  8:23 AM
smackeddog wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:I like a few of the guys out there like Blatt, Stackhouse and Fizdale --- would also root for Kidd just because of the player he once was...plus how he impacted our team 4 years ago.

Have always been SUPER impressed with the Miam Heat conditioning (they demand their players are in great shape) and the effort level they seem to play with -- plus how they find/develop some gems out of the weeds.

For above reason I think Fizdale could be a good choice and I would view his conflicts with Gasol as a good thing because it shows he did not back down from a star player. Part of the reason I was fairly impressed with Horny is because he had players bitching at him because he confronted their lazy asses when they were slacking (at least this year I thought he did).

I'd rank...

Blatt
Stackhouse
Fizdale
Kidd

JVG has a BRUTAL offense and lets nobody forget he QUIT on this franchise (his team). Mark Jackson yuck.

JVG's offense is one of the questions I have regarding him, however, to be fair, it's been a long time since he last coached, and he's been studying the game for his tv job since then- he's bound to have developed that area. Plus, he did a pretty good job of completely changing the offense back when he was forced to play Spree and Camby more- brought in more of a running game. I don't think JVG offense of today would be anything like his old offense.

Him quitting on the team doesn't bother me- as a coach you either quit or eventually get fired, it's not a big deal, I don't take his resignation personally.

I am afraid Jeff only trusts 1 way to play....slow tempo and defend like animals. I kind of like that old school mentality but doubt he’d pull it off long term. Hard to teach old dog new tricks....see Phil Jackson.

With Spree and Houston offense was just as bad...it was all left wing iso stuff..with spree / Houston taking turns. I don’t like the timing of whe; he quit.....things started to go bad and he walked...that makes it easier to repeat IMO.

I would both be excited and concerned with a Van Gundry hire.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/14/2018  10:48 AM
Most importantly, this guy can coach. He’s a gym rat who continues to do what he can to evolve and learn as a coach. That’s why he’s observing Golden State at this very moment.

Appearing on the I Am Rapaport this past March, Fizdale told Michael Rapaport that he was using his “time off” to engage wth his fellow coaches while doing in depth film studies of past successful teams. At the time, he was examining Larry Brown’s championship winning 2003-04 Pistons squad and their lockdown defense.

http://thesportsdaily.com/2018/04/14/david-fizdale-will-interview-for-knicks-head-coaching-position/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/14/2018  11:36 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:I like a few of the guys out there like Blatt, Stackhouse and Fizdale --- would also root for Kidd just because of the player he once was...plus how he impacted our team 4 years ago.

Have always been SUPER impressed with the Miam Heat conditioning (they demand their players are in great shape) and the effort level they seem to play with -- plus how they find/develop some gems out of the weeds.

For above reason I think Fizdale could be a good choice and I would view his conflicts with Gasol as a good thing because it shows he did not back down from a star player. Part of the reason I was fairly impressed with Horny is because he had players bitching at him because he confronted their lazy asses when they were slacking (at least this year I thought he did).

I'd rank...

Blatt
Stackhouse
Fizdale
Kidd

JVG has a BRUTAL offense and lets nobody forget he QUIT on this franchise (his team). Mark Jackson yuck.

JVG's offense is one of the questions I have regarding him, however, to be fair, it's been a long time since he last coached, and he's been studying the game for his tv job since then- he's bound to have developed that area. Plus, he did a pretty good job of completely changing the offense back when he was forced to play Spree and Camby more- brought in more of a running game. I don't think JVG offense of today would be anything like his old offense.

Him quitting on the team doesn't bother me- as a coach you either quit or eventually get fired, it's not a big deal, I don't take his resignation personally.

I am afraid Jeff only trusts 1 way to play....slow tempo and defend like animals. I kind of like that old school mentality but doubt he’d pull it off long term. Hard to teach old dog new tricks....see Phil Jackson.

With Spree and Houston offense was just as bad...it was all left wing iso stuff..with spree / Houston taking turns. I don’t like the timing of whe; he quit.....things started to go bad and he walked...that makes it easier to repeat IMO.

we are a mess on defense and your talking about offense...smh

Who cares if we win ugly

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/14/2018  5:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2018  5:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Most importantly, this guy can coach. He’s a gym rat who continues to do what he can to evolve and learn as a coach. That’s why he’s observing Golden State at this very moment.

Appearing on the I Am Rapaport this past March, Fizdale told Michael Rapaport that he was using his “time off” to engage wth his fellow coaches while doing in depth film studies of past successful teams. At the time, he was examining Larry Brown’s championship winning 2003-04 Pistons squad and their lockdown defense.

http://thesportsdaily.com/2018/04/14/david-fizdale-will-interview-for-knicks-head-coaching-position/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fizdale can be a franchise changing coach...His work and dedication to his craft is unquestioned...He should be #1 on our list. Fizdale should not walk out of the interview without a contract.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/14/2018  6:17 PM
Wow, Jerry Stackhouse comes across great in this video- ticks a lot of the boxes that Perry said we wanted:

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/15/2018  2:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:Wow, Jerry Stackhouse comes across great in this video- ticks a lot of the boxes that Perry said we wanted:

We can do a lot worse.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/15/2018  8:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2018  8:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I'd rank...

Blatt
Stackhouse
Fizdale
Kidd

we are a mess on defense and your talking about offense...smh

Who cares if we win ugly

Hopefully he doesn’t quit after his 1st ugly loss.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/16/2018  10:59 AM
smackeddog wrote:Wow, Jerry Stackhouse comes across great in this video- ticks a lot of the boxes that Perry said we wanted:

Wow indeed. Thank you for sharing.

Hornacek is out...per Woj

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy