[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hornacek is out...per Woj
Author Thread
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
4/12/2018  4:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/12/2018  4:13 PM
There is no chance any player in the nba will respect blatt after the way he was chewed up and spit out by LeBron.

it's not fair, but if you are so disrespected by the best player in the league like that, no player will respect you after that.

he's a joke to every nba player and even the incoming draft class.

AUTOADVERT
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

4/12/2018  4:16 PM
David Blatt.

Hellllll No.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/12/2018  5:30 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Saw some stats about how the Knicks shared the rock under Hornacek, not seen by this franchise in decades. Hornacek got them to set more screens than Ive seen any Knick coach do, in many, many, years. They were playing D, and bought in until KP was out for the season. Also called effective plays out of timeouts.

Nevermind his relationship with Noah (brought that on himself). Telling Willy to tell KP he is playing like a bitch (Willy?) was a bitch move. Believe Hornacek got spoiled in Utah. As good as Jeff was, I think he forgot what its like to have two future HOFers on your team, doing most of the heavy lifting. Has to do a better job of relating to players who dont have a Stockton/Malone to pass to.

Rarely saw any screens set and their defense sucked

Then you werent paying attention.

blkexec
Member: #748
4/12/2018  5:32 PM
Kenny Smith
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
4/12/2018  5:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Saw some stats about how the Knicks shared the rock under Hornacek, not seen by this franchise in decades. Hornacek got them to set more screens than Ive seen any Knick coach do, in many, many, years. They were playing D, and bought in until KP was out for the season. Also called effective plays out of timeouts.

Nevermind his relationship with Noah (brought that on himself). Telling Willy to tell KP he is playing like a bitch (Willy?) was a bitch move. Believe Hornacek got spoiled in Utah. As good as Jeff was, I think he forgot what its like to have two future HOFers on your team, doing most of the heavy lifting. Has to do a better job of relating to players who dont have a Stockton/Malone to pass to.

Why don't you share these "stats" that showed how they shared the rock better than any Knick team in the last 20-30 yrs. Should make an interesting read. Because you said they set more screens that makes it a fact? You lost your credibility when you stated they played defense. Any team knew all they had to do was pass the ball 3-4 times against the Knicks and then had an open shot. Yeah, great defense. Probably the main reason Horny got canned, their defense sucked.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
GustavBahler

4/12/2018  5:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/12/2018  5:50 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Why don't you share these "stats" that showed how they shared the rock better than any Knick team in the last 20-30 yrs. Should make an interesting read. Because you said they set more screens that makes it a fact? You lost your credibility when you stated they played defense. Any team knew all they had to do was pass the ball 3-4 times against the Knicks and then had an open shot. Yeah, great defense. Probably the main reason Horny got canned, their defense sucked.

From Isola, 2 days ago

The Knicks’ field-goal percentage is currently the highest since 2000 and they’ve recorded more assists than any Knicks team since 1994-95.

As far as defense, things broke down affer KP left, but they were playing D, guys like Kanter were getting pulled for not playing hard enough. Ive been pointing out the lack of screens set on this board for years, and pointed out repeatedly this season (including game threads) how many more were being set this season. I would worry more about your credibility.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/12/2018  7:56 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

I put out the Begley tweet on the first page...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/12/2018  8:27 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Six years of hardcore ball hogging and chucking - Gone! The results speak for themselves. Cue - sound of a toliet unclogging after you pull the plunger.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/12/2018  8:39 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Six years of hardcore ball hogging and chucking - Gone! The results speak for themselves. Cue - sound of a toliet unclogging after you pull the plunger.

Yeah...one would have to consider this particular roster change and the above stats...
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/13/2018  8:14 AM

Dont think JH's problem was how he ran the offense. I lost confidence with his personality/character when he agreed to lay down for Phil. Anyone that agrees to take a job and run someone else's system, just to get that job, is not the guy you want to lead your team. Imo.

Prediction is simple. Our Ivy league kiss ass will pick his buddy and pretend like he considered everyone else. Hey at least he took another step at getting rid of those tied to Uncle Phil. I wonder if the next guy will run the Triangle. Lmao.

My pick is Wright but no way he leaves a GREAT situation for a F...Up one like the Knicks. Jackson did a good job with GS but no way Mills brings in a guy he may not be able to control. Same for Kidd. Coach from Memphis would be meh, but he did not get much out of of their better players. Doc 8s under contract, so he is out. Don't know much about Stacks coaching style.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Papabear
Member: #1414

4/13/2018  9:18 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Please hire JVG

Papabear Says

JVG Has no relationships with young players. He is old school. It won't work with young players. He also ran out on New York. What make you think he won't do it again.

Papabear
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2018  10:07 AM
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

JVG Has no relationships with young players. He is old school. It won't work with young players. He also ran out on New York. What make you think he won't do it again.

Do you repeat all your past success or failures verbatim?
He has no relationship with any players, he's been out for years now!
There is no link to him other than he is not coaching and he used to coach here. I don't even know why his name keeps coming up? Is it fans or media?
One would assume he'd want a nice situation if he wanted back in, a sort of team like Portland that feels like its current coach has taken them as far as it could go and needs a new voice. but a young team that needs patience? I don't see JVG either.

GustavBahler

4/13/2018  10:29 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Dont think JH's problem was how he ran the offense. I lost confidence with his personality/character when he agreed to lay down for Phil. Anyone that agrees to take a job and run someone else's system, just to get that job, is not the guy you want to lead your team. Imo.

Prediction is simple. Our Ivy league kiss ass will pick his buddy and pretend like he considered everyone else. Hey at least he took another step at getting rid of those tied to Uncle Phil. I wonder if the next guy will run the Triangle. Lmao.

My pick is Wright but no way he leaves a GREAT situation for a F...Up one like the Knicks. Jackson did a good job with GS but no way Mills brings in a guy he may not be able to control. Same for Kidd. Coach from Memphis would be meh, but he did not get much out of of their better players. Doc 8s under contract, so he is out. Don't know much about Stacks coaching style.

Good point about laying down. If Hornacek had told Phil that if he wants the Triangle, he has to coach again, he would have gotten a lot more respect. Thats why telling Willy to insult KP, while he wasnt standing up to Phil, was a very bad look. Has the smarts to be a very good coach, being a little less douchey, would probably help.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/13/2018  12:48 PM
BigRedDog wrote:

Why so he can quit on this franchise again???

Thats a long grudge you're holding

smackeddog
4/13/2018  12:58 PM

That's one of my top picks. He's smart, one of the last coaches we had that could actually make in game adjustments that gave us the upper hand. He was great at improving player's defense and toughening up some of the softer younger players (see Camby). Those are two of the most important things for me. Also he can handle NY and the media too. Experienced too- I've had it with rookie coaches, and those with just one or two years under their belt.

From the press conference yesterday, it sounds like Mills and Perry have questions as to whether he can relate to todays player's (I think he will be able to- they'll be familiar with him too from his commentary work, and he did well this past summer), and whether he can embrace analytics- I've no idea about whether he can or not.

My main reservations are, can he coach a modern offense? (again his commentary and analysis should have helped him learn a lot in this regard), can he develop young players (he used to bench rookies and trade them and picks for veterans- has this changed?).

I'm also interested in Steve Clifford, who the Hornets just got rid of and also Fizdale.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/13/2018  2:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:

That's one of my top picks. He's smart, one of the last coaches we had that could actually make in game adjustments that gave us the upper hand. He was great at improving player's defense and toughening up some of the softer younger players (see Camby). Those are two of the most important things for me. Also he can handle NY and the media too. Experienced too- I've had it with rookie coaches, and those with just one or two years under their belt.

From the press conference yesterday, it sounds like Mills and Perry have questions as to whether he can relate to todays player's (I think he will be able to- they'll be familiar with him too from his commentary work, and he did well this past summer), and whether he can embrace analytics- I've no idea about whether he can or not.

My main reservations are, can he coach a modern offense? (again his commentary and analysis should have helped him learn a lot in this regard), can he develop young players (he used to bench rookies and trade them and picks for veterans- has this changed?).

I'm also interested in Steve Clifford, who the Hornets just got rid of and also Fizdale.

+1

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/13/2018  5:12 PM
JVG would install a system here. Everyone would be accountable. That is a reason he should get the job. Tracy McGrady giving him mad props in the video

Clifford is available now...did not do well this year but he had Howard so.....and MJ running the show.

Patrick Ewing? If NY called would he listen? Interesting at the very least!

Patience is needed for sure.

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

4/13/2018  6:04 PM
I like a few of the guys out there like Blatt, Stackhouse and Fizdale --- would also root for Kidd just because of the player he once was...plus how he impacted our team 4 years ago.

Have always been SUPER impressed with the Miam Heat conditioning (they demand their players are in great shape) and the effort level they seem to play with -- plus how they find/develop some gems out of the weeds.

For above reason I think Fizdale could be a good choice and I would view his conflicts with Gasol as a good thing because it shows he did not back down from a star player. Part of the reason I was fairly impressed with Horny is because he had players bitching at him because he confronted their lazy asses when they were slacking (at least this year I thought he did).

I'd rank...

Blatt
Stackhouse
Fizdale
Kidd

JVG has a BRUTAL offense and lets nobody forget he QUIT on this franchise (his team). Mark Jackson yuck.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/13/2018  9:13 PM
Chandler wrote:I am so depressed with this team. No identity, no direction. When I look at Mills and Perry I'm so meh

the only name being floated now that has me marginally excited is Wright and that's because he has been very successful without the super-recruiting the other programs have, suggesting he might know something

If we hire JVG or Jackson I'm going to be pissed

I didn't hate JH, and he definitely did some things right but team had no identity, he never capitalized with KP (like a genius coach would) never manufactured wins from sheer grinding

I don't understand Mill's and Perry's comments on Jaff holding player's accountable. Would like some explanation on that. He sat Willy down because he wasn't consistent, had run ins with KOQ Noah and others -- almost certainly because he was calling them out. Wondering what they were referencing.

This is what a rebuild looks like. Perry said it, you can't skip steps when you are building a winning team. I was very surprised when Jeff was brought back after all of the issues with the players, KP skipping his exit meeting, Longstaff not being retained, Rambis being retained etc. There was a mini revolt in the locker room last year and the team's star player was on bad terms with the head coach who had not done a good job. The then president chose to not retain his star players favorite assistant and put his name out there in trade talks. Bringing the team of Jeff and Rambis back did not seem like a good move after things had ended so badly the previous season. I thought minimally Jeff should not have retained Rambis in an attempt to mend fences. Rambis did bring in Beasely though.
I think it is important for management and the head coach to be on the same page and I believe a new gm needs to hire his own coach. I thought the guy Phil always wanted and should have hired for his vision was Rambis. Jeff spent his first year in ny compromising his style/philosophies for Phil and his second year he was put in the position of giving out developmental minutes even when the team was trying to win. He also had issues with players and lost the locker room in his first year just like he had in Phoenix. I think he was in a no win situation this year as he was never going to be Perry's guy. But I also think if Perry brings in a guy that has the same vision as him or a vision that he supports and builds the team around the Knicks have a much better chance of success. Look at how good D'Antoni looks as a coach when he has a gm that goes all in and builds a team totally suited to his style. We saw what he looked like when Toney Douglas was his point guard and his team had a traditional front line.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
4/14/2018  4:20 AM
LivingLegend wrote:I like a few of the guys out there like Blatt, Stackhouse and Fizdale --- would also root for Kidd just because of the player he once was...plus how he impacted our team 4 years ago.

Have always been SUPER impressed with the Miam Heat conditioning (they demand their players are in great shape) and the effort level they seem to play with -- plus how they find/develop some gems out of the weeds.

For above reason I think Fizdale could be a good choice and I would view his conflicts with Gasol as a good thing because it shows he did not back down from a star player. Part of the reason I was fairly impressed with Horny is because he had players bitching at him because he confronted their lazy asses when they were slacking (at least this year I thought he did).

I'd rank...

Blatt
Stackhouse
Fizdale
Kidd

JVG has a BRUTAL offense and lets nobody forget he QUIT on this franchise (his team). Mark Jackson yuck.

JVG's offense is one of the questions I have regarding him, however, to be fair, it's been a long time since he last coached, and he's been studying the game for his tv job since then- he's bound to have developed that area. Plus, he did a pretty good job of completely changing the offense back when he was forced to play Spree and Camby more- brought in more of a running game. I don't think JVG offense of today would be anything like his old offense.

Him quitting on the team doesn't bother me- as a coach you either quit or eventually get fired, it's not a big deal, I don't take his resignation personally.

Hornacek is out...per Woj

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy