[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Im Kyle Oquinn--I want 10-12mm per
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/9/2018  3:18 PM
No doubt about it. If Noah is getting 17 if Biyombo is getting 17 what am I worth? 10-12 is a discount!
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/9/2018  3:36 PM
so about 20% more than the MLE? That is about right.

There are some factors that make bringing him back sensible. Lets see how those play out. Starting with.
1) who we draft
2) does Kanter opt in/out

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/9/2018  3:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:No doubt about it. If Noah is getting 17 if Biyombo is getting 17 what am I worth? 10-12 is a discount!

If he was a FA in 2016, i would agree. But he won't be able to use them as a gauge. It's 2018.

ccinflushing
Member: #6061

4/9/2018  4:30 PM
Given the limited amount of teams with cap space and/or in need of a starting center, I'd be surprised if he got more than the non-taxpayer's MLE.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/9/2018  6:44 PM
Deuces!!!
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
4/9/2018  7:46 PM
KOQ sucks. He is a backup at best. No need to waste money on him. Best news I heard was that he wants to play for a winning team. Last straw was when he cursed out Horny. Good riddance !
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
blkexec
Member: #748
4/10/2018  8:19 AM
BigRedDog wrote:KOQ sucks. He is a backup at best. No need to waste money on him. Best news I heard was that he wants to play for a winning team. Last straw was when he cursed out Horny. Good riddance !

KOQ skill set is easily replaceable....His locker room leadership is not.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/10/2018  8:51 AM
blkexec wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:KOQ sucks. He is a backup at best. No need to waste money on him. Best news I heard was that he wants to play for a winning team. Last straw was when he cursed out Horny. Good riddance !

this is the same mentality that wanted Kurt Thomas gone because he sucked. There are players that add more than what their stats say. I like KOQ, love that he is tough, that he is from NY and doesn't melt under the bright lights.

Do we need to upgrade the talent? Yes.

Could we improve on what KOQ is and brings to the table? Absolutely.

But there are a lot of holes elsewhere, and he is steady in what he provides.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2018  10:46 AM
blkexec wrote:

LT/Lee the captains of the team and KOQ is a class clown that keeps things loose in the locker room. Don't know if he is the leader of anything but illegal picks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
4/10/2018  11:10 AM
franco12 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

this is the same mentality that wanted Kurt Thomas gone because he sucked. There are players that add more than what their stats say. I like KOQ, love that he is tough, that he is from NY and doesn't melt under the bright lights.

Do we need to upgrade the talent? Yes.

Could we improve on what KOQ is and brings to the table? Absolutely.

But there are a lot of holes elsewhere, and he is steady in what he provides.

Kurt would be a better center in today's NBA. He was outmatched most nights when he started at center for the Knicks.

Good leadership doesnt overcome lack of talent. Hard work can bridge gaps but will fall short. During this transitional period you need good locker room guys, we have had that and its helped. If you bring these guys back you have to give them some burn.

Depending on the other guys coming and going I would sign KOQ to a 2 year extension. Ideally 2/$20mm but I would prob give him $12mm a year for 2 years. NO THIRD YEAR. The whole point is KOQ expires when Lee/Lance/Noah do. That would set us up for a huge FA splash.

Lets see what happens. If we move up and draft Ayton maybe we dont need KOQ

BigRedDog
Member: #569
4/10/2018  11:15 AM
blkexec wrote:

How is he a leader cursing out the coach? Great example to set for the young guys.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

4/10/2018  11:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2018  12:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:No doubt about it. If Noah is getting 17 if Biyombo is getting 17 what am I worth? 10-12 is a discount!

While a solid bench player --- KOQ is DUMB as a bag of ROCKS.

Anyone watch him guarding (not guarding) K-Love last night --- KOQ is just a dumbo --- one reason he isn't valued as high as his talent should warrant.

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

4/10/2018  12:18 PM
By the way -- has any player ever disappeared as quickly as C-Lee who was having a career year until the minute we failed to move his overrated ass at the deadline.
blkexec
4/10/2018  12:32 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
blkexec wrote:

How is he a leader cursing out the coach? Great example to set for the young guys.

If you want to, that's fine. But I'm not going to based KOQ's entire knick career and future career over a player / coach discussion that I read through the media's interpretation. But what I respect is that he apologized for his actions.....That's better than the president. That shows character and leadership. In my book, he's been as solid of a backup since Kurt Thomas and others. Well respected within the locker room and by the organization based on other players comments....based on how the organization has put KOQ in certain situations. For example, I went to that free practice session at the garden. The entire time I was thinking, why did the knicks use KOQ as the spokes person to fans, representing the knicks? I wanted him gone a long time ago, but I'm realizing his worth over time. I'm not going to cry if he's gone, or cheer if he stays. But if he comes back, I can see his locker room value on and off the court. Plus he's not going to cry to the media whenever things go south. He excepts his role and plays his role. Can't say the same about half the nba players.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
4/10/2018  12:35 PM
LivingLegend wrote:By the way -- has any player ever disappeared as quickly as C-Lee who was having a career year until the minute we failed to move his overrated ass at the deadline.

Self marketing.....I'm sure like most agents, his agent said this is the time to step it up. So that they (Lee and Agent) can get the best return. Now that it's over, the motivation has changed and Lee's minutes were cut for the young player pre draft evaluation acitivies.

fishmike
USA
4/10/2018  1:12 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
blkexec wrote:

it is a great example. What happened? He cursed back at the coach. What happened next? I remember a lot of mea culpa. I remember KOQ immediately saying he was wrong for doing that and not saying any negative about the coach. I dont mind hotheads that are pros. That was the only incident and it was handled well by everyone involved. I wouldnt even call it an incident. These are things that happen between athletes and coaches.
ccinflushing
Member: #6061

4/10/2018  2:21 PM
Rather than resigning Kyle, I would rather take a flyer on Lucas Nogueira or Montrezl Harrell on a $3Mn per year for 3 years deal - give them a chance to be the next KOQ. Kyle is just not enough of a difference maker to tie up that kind of cap space for 3+ years.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/10/2018  2:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
blkexec wrote:

it is a great example. What happened? He cursed back at the coach. What happened next? I remember a lot of mea culpa. I remember KOQ immediately saying he was wrong for doing that and not saying any negative about the coach. I dont mind hotheads that are pros. That was the only incident and it was handled well by everyone involved. I wouldnt even call it an incident. These are things that happen between athletes and coaches.

I agree about that.

I would also add look at Sprewell - he did far worse and was a tremendous leader for us.

Sometimes events like these help players grown.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/10/2018  3:33 PM
blkexec wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
blkexec wrote:

If you want to, that's fine. But I'm not going to based KOQ's entire knick career and future career over a player / coach discussion that I read through the media's interpretation. But what I respect is that he apologized for his actions.....That's better than the president. That shows character and leadership. In my book, he's been as solid of a backup since Kurt Thomas and others. Well respected within the locker room and by the organization based on other players comments....based on how the organization has put KOQ in certain situations. For example, I went to that free practice session at the garden. The entire time I was thinking, why did the knicks use KOQ as the spokes person to fans, representing the knicks? I wanted him gone a long time ago, but I'm realizing his worth over time. I'm not going to cry if he's gone, or cheer if he stays. But if he comes back, I can see his locker room value on and off the court. Plus he's not going to cry to the media whenever things go south. He excepts his role and plays his role. Can't say the same about half the nba players.

Yeah...I think he is good for the team mix, and after getting into shape, he has been a solid performer.

At the right price, I think I'd like him back.

To be honest, I was stunned that certain teams, assuming they had the cap space, didn't look to acquire him at the trade deadline. After looking at the Cavs, yesterday, it seems to me he would have been an interesting fit for them, though I don't know what we would have gotten back.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
MS
Member: #724
4/10/2018  3:40 PM
Nice player, great dude, but never sign role players to big money deals unless that role player is essential in a championship run or helping you compete for the conference.

We just got Beasley for nothing, Trey Burke for nothing, Evan and Rondo went for nothing in the offseason, there are bargains to be had all over the place.

What we can't do is continue to give people like Noah and Thomas long term deals, same goes with guys like THJR. Pass on KOQ.

If Im Kyle Oquinn--I want 10-12mm per

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy