[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dotson Has Arrived
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/9/2018  9:40 AM
matt wrote:
Uptown wrote:Be careful of assuming a player has arrived when they put up big #'s towards the end of the season...We've seen this before.

EARL BARRON

BARON OF BROADWAY

he did sign with the heat later on

ES
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/9/2018  9:53 AM
knicks1248 wrote:It's funny how Dotson looks way more NBA ready the Frank, yet he was cemented to the bench. I just can't conclude weather that was JH's fault or perry and mills

You haven't produced any real facts to back up these claims and ignore actual facts and reason.

-Frank has lined up at PG where there has been more mins available. Dotson plays the G/F position which about 6 other players could get mins at.

Dotson got his first career start in December over Doug & Lance & even Frank if they wanted to slide him to SG. Frank got his first career start in March. Dotson went 1-3 with 1 reb and 3 fouls in a loss in 21mins. Then went 9pts 7rebs 2stls 3-8 on 29mins in a blowout loss. Then played 5 mins which the Knicks won the game. Then played 15 mins producing 6pts 1 reb in a loss vs Chi. Then didn't play the next 4 games which Knicks went on a 4 game win streak.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/9/2018  11:14 AM
knicks1248 wrote:It's funny how Dotson looks way more NBA ready the Frank, yet he was cemented to the bench. I just can't conclude weather that was JH's fault or perry and mills
He does? Weird.. I was just watching and he went 0-5 and was embarrasing vs. Orlando one of the worst teams in the league. Can you explain his lack of NBA readiness that night?

You cant conclude... You dont even know what you are complaining about but you are looking to blame someone for it.

You just look to blame Mills for something every day.. if you cant find anything you make it up. So lame.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/9/2018  11:22 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:
awe1028 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
reub wrote:Dotson did it last night within the offensive schemes too. He never forced any shots and was unselfish. Also 11 rebounds and good defense.

Thanks, Phil!

The Knicks way is so damn mind boggling. They have Dotson right under their nose and they look elsewhere for answers instead of giving him a shot.

He did have a bad incident of questionable consent in a sexual encounter. He had to transfer. From all accounts he owned up to a mistake and is a good kid. "Rapist"? Read up on the incident, its not an unfair label.
As for the usual "lets blame Knicks for keeping him down" as if he was always ready to score 30pts in a game is typical. Kid is a good player and we should praise the process that got him to that game last night. Where it goes from here is undetermined.
"Arrived"? Might be a strong label. Happy we are having these moments thru a miserable season. Not everyone will stick.
Baker has to thank his lucky stars he got his money cuz he got some work to do!

Baker was always awful, I still have no idea what the Knicks were thinking. He is one of the worst contracts in the NBA. He has no business making that much. Dotson is far more skilled than Baker, its not even close.

This is what happens when developing players aren’t given sufficient playing time. The Knicks are notorious for over paying what they don’t know or have enough data to make a sound judgment. This is what I have saying all along this is a development year why are the vets playing so much. Dotson, ntlikina, Kornet, Hernangomez and Burke should have been called up way sooner because he was lighting it up in G league should have been racking up minutes right off the bat. For me this was a developmental disaster of a year. The Knicks didn’t create any certainty of players they can go forward with and they didn’t secure a draft lottery position that will yield a possible great player.

This is exactly right. Dotson is exactly the kind of player the knicks should be developing. Dotson is probably the best perimeter defender besides Frank and maybe Ron Baker. But unlike Baker he has significant offensive potential.

The Knicks keep talking about improving the perimeter defense (Knicks are one of the worst teams in the NBA at defending the perimeter). Well news flash the perimeter defense will not improve unless the Knicks play good perimeter defenders which Dotson is.

Posters keep saying winning is a culture Well Dotson with his 2 way potential could be part of that winning culture. Add another potential elite defender say Mikal Bridges and suddenly you have the makings of a winning defensive culture(Dotson, Bridges, Frank KP) but of course Jeff and the Knicks would rather play Mudiay who does not play a lick of defense SMH. Finally (only because of injuries not smarts Dotson) gets playing time and lights it up.

People say it is a small sample size-one game. Well whose fault is that. This is the entire point Dotson should have been playing so there would be a large enough sample size to see if he could be part of the winning culture. Now we know no more than we did before because Jeff refused to play him.

I think the Knicks handled Dotson well this season.

You can't just play Dotson when you have Lee/THJr on the team too. Moving Lee this offseason/next season is paramount to moving forward.

THJR was hurt for a bit Dotson should have seen more time, instead he was in the G-league. Once KP went down it should have been easy to cut Lee's minutes.

In hindsight these are really easy things to say.

Team was at .500 and held around (maybe dipped a few games below) and Lee, Jack, Baker, Frank were getting minutes while THJr was out. Play to win?

Once KP went down, Lee's minutes did go down.

Juggling minutes just not easy.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
4/9/2018  12:33 PM
fishmike wrote:
He does? Weird.. I was just watching and he went 0-5 and was embarrasing vs. Orlando one of the worst teams in the league. Can you explain his lack of NBA readiness that night?

You cant conclude... You dont even know what you are complaining about but you are looking to blame someone for it.

You just look to blame Mills for something every day.. if you cant find anything you make it up. So lame.

Im not complaing about a thing

but check this stat out, lance (during thj absence) posted 5 or less points in 15 outings shooting 37% 5 of those games he didn't score a point, rebound or assist.

Frank had similar stats, so like i keep saying

why wasn't DOTSON giving the same opportunity to play through his mistakes as those 2 were, and brick laying mcdermot

I didn't blame mills or JH, i asked who was responsible for him sitting, who made that call?

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/9/2018  12:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Im not complaing about a thing

but check this stat out, lance (during thj absence) posted 5 or less points in 15 outings shooting 37% 5 of those games he didn't score a point, rebound or assist.

Frank had similar stats, so like i keep saying

why wasn't DOTSON giving the same opportunity to play through his mistakes as those 2 were, and brick laying mcdermot

I didn't blame mills or JH, i asked who was responsible for him sitting, who made that call?

Dotson was playing in the playoffs in the gleague. That was his path. Dotson has had chances up here. Just use your eyes and brain. Who made what call?

You answered your own question... it was Frank, Lance and McD. Sounds a lot like you were complaining about that.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

4/10/2018  1:28 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:When Hardaway went down earlier in the yr. Dotson got the starting nod. He didn't play well and lost his mins.

That's very true, but how many games did frank score zero points and 5 TO's and was sub par defensively, same goes for lance, those 2 got to play through every mistake, every bad game, minimal repercussion, while guys like Noah, dotson and burke were getting yanked.

That's part of the reason why I thought this entire season was dedicated to 19 yr old FRANK.

Frank got yanked plenty. 13mins vs Philly, 16mins vs Dallas, 10mins vs Washington, 10mins vs Miluakee, 6mins vs ATL, 9mins vs Pho. And many many more as this was just a month and a half I looked at on my screen. All in his game log.

Thats why i said minimal, because at least he played some minutes, Dotson was a complete scratch

Frank can line up at 3 positions so its easier to find mins for him. And he & Burke have I believe the teams best lineup plus/minus. And that's the type of stuff a coach will look at more so then his basic stat line. He will look at lineup performance.

A lot harder to find Dotson mins. Earlier in the yr he had to compete with Thjr, Lee, Doug, Frank, Lance & Beas before it was settled he was better at PF.

Troy Williams was able to come in and get mins before he got injured. Dotson couldn't get time due to the combination of who was ahead of him and him not being ready to contribute. Troy Williams got mins because the trade of Doug created mins at SF and he was somewhat ready to contribute.

Ya know, it would have been therapeutic for THJ to sit down when he was having some of those clanker nights. His defense isn't anything to celebrate either

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
knicks1248
4/10/2018  8:45 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:When Hardaway went down earlier in the yr. Dotson got the starting nod. He didn't play well and lost his mins.

That's very true, but how many games did frank score zero points and 5 TO's and was sub par defensively, same goes for lance, those 2 got to play through every mistake, every bad game, minimal repercussion, while guys like Noah, dotson and burke were getting yanked.

That's part of the reason why I thought this entire season was dedicated to 19 yr old FRANK.

Frank got yanked plenty. 13mins vs Philly, 16mins vs Dallas, 10mins vs Washington, 10mins vs Miluakee, 6mins vs ATL, 9mins vs Pho. And many many more as this was just a month and a half I looked at on my screen. All in his game log.

Thats why i said minimal, because at least he played some minutes, Dotson was a complete scratch

Frank can line up at 3 positions so its easier to find mins for him. And he & Burke have I believe the teams best lineup plus/minus. And that's the type of stuff a coach will look at more so then his basic stat line. He will look at lineup performance.

A lot harder to find Dotson mins. Earlier in the yr he had to compete with Thjr, Lee, Doug, Frank, Lance & Beas before it was settled he was better at PF.

Troy Williams was able to come in and get mins before he got injured. Dotson couldn't get time due to the combination of who was ahead of him and him not being ready to contribute. Troy Williams got mins because the trade of Doug created mins at SF and he was somewhat ready to contribute.

Ya know, it would have been therapeutic for THJ to sit down when he was having some of those clanker nights. His defense isn't anything to celebrate either

It wasn't just THJ that was having BRICK LAYING nights. The playoffs were a pipe dream since january when we lost 10 in a row (or something like that)..

By late december jack was literally on fumes and burke sat, Mcbuckets went back to being trash, and dotson sat, frank struggle and burke, sat (or got 4th qtr minutes), we took the least amount of 3 point attempts and gave up the most 3's in the league and dotson and burke continue to sit.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/10/2018  10:21 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

It wasn't just THJ that was having BRICK LAYING nights. The playoffs were a pipe dream since january when we lost 10 in a row (or something like that)..

By late december jack was literally on fumes and burke sat, Mcbuckets went back to being trash, and dotson sat, frank struggle and burke, sat (or got 4th qtr minutes), we took the least amount of 3 point attempts and gave up the most 3's in the league and dotson and burke continue to sit.

Even the good play of those guys now does not move the dial. Its nice they are evolving into NBA players but the bottom line is winning.
Your all good because they have improved and assume with this knowledge it could have happend earlier. You ignore there is assimilation that has to happen. These guys have to get minutes but until KP went down there was still playoff aspirations.

knicks1248
4/10/2018  11:30 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Even the good play of those guys now does not move the dial. Its nice they are evolving into NBA players but the bottom line is winning.
Your all good because they have improved and assume with this knowledge it could have happend earlier. You ignore there is assimilation that has to happen. These guys have to get minutes but until KP went down there was still playoff aspirations.

whatever dude, were on our 4th 50+ loss season.

no matter who we have on the floor, our 3 point defense is by far the worst in the league, even walt and breen said it last night after giving up 19 3's.

In fact i was looking at the stats over the last few seasons and we have been dead last or close to it, defending the 3 ball, with 3 entirely different rosters. What does that tell you?

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2018  11:33 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

no matter who we have on the floor, our 3 point defense is by far the worst in the league, even walt and breen said it last night after giving up 19 3's.

In fact i was looking at the stats over the last few seasons and we have been dead last or close to it, defending the 3 ball, with 3 entirely different rosters. What does that tell you?

Tells me that Frank and Dotson and Baker and the like will probably play more.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/10/2018  12:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Tells me when frank plays we do better.
In fact, be fun to clone him 4x, then watch a starting line up Franks and watch your head explode!

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
4/10/2018  12:47 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Tells me that we continue to add / scout slow footed (no lateral movement or flexibility or defensive IQ) players. When Isiah was here, I saw this organization drafting and adding players that are still in the league now.

Burke for example, fights over screens and doesn't allow the switch (from the small sample size I've seen). Frank is long enough, he switches and still successful (for the most part). But switching on defense was our defensive strategy for a long time. I believe it's much easier to switch on defense than to fight over picks (speaking with experience).

We continue to add offensive players like Melo. And our team usually follows the culture or habits on our star player, plus that's the direction of the NBA....offense not defense. This is why (in my opinion) over the years, we continue to suck guarding the 3 because we are usually slower, lack defensive IQ and offensively minded....Meaning we take the easy way out, with defense to conserve energy on offense, since this is an offensive league and offensive players like Melo get paid more than defensive players. So defense is going to be secondary unless you draft players that are defensive minded like Frank....or Baker. Or the league / teams start handing out heavy contracts to defensive players.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
knicks1248
4/10/2018  1:28 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Tells me that we continue to add / scout slow footed (no lateral movement or flexibility or defensive IQ) players. When Isiah was here, I saw this organization drafting and adding players that are still in the league now.

Burke for example, fights over screens and doesn't allow the switch (from the small sample size I've seen). Frank is long enough, he switches and still successful (for the most part). But switching on defense was our defensive strategy for a long time. I believe it's much easier to switch on defense than to fight over picks (speaking with experience).

We continue to add offensive players like Melo. And our team usually follows the culture or habits on our star player, plus that's the direction of the NBA....offense not defense. This is why (in my opinion) over the years, we continue to suck guarding the 3 because we are usually slower, lack defensive IQ and offensively minded....Meaning we take the easy way out, with defense to conserve energy on offense, since this is an offensive league and offensive players like Melo get paid more than defensive players. So defense is going to be secondary unless you draft players that are defensive minded like Frank....or Baker. Or the league / teams start handing out heavy contracts to defensive players.

switch on everything only works when you have at least 3 players who can guard multiple positions, like a shawn marion, ron artest, bruce bowan.

The knicks defensive philosophy is the reason we are a bad perimeter defensive team, the whole team just focuses on the ball handler and preventing the drive to the basket..

Now of days when you see a 3 on 1 fast break, 9x out of 10 the wing guys are running behind the arc, but we defend the drive every time

ES
Dotson Has Arrived

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy