[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dotson Has Arrived
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

4/7/2018  11:44 AM
Dotson did it last night within the offensive schemes too. He never forced any shots and was unselfish. Also 11 rebounds and good defense.

Thanks, Phil!

AUTOADVERT
reub

4/7/2018  11:44 AM
There were actually people on another forum who never even gave the guy a chance. They actually called him a rapist for something that happened in college. People can be such f'in idiots! I'm glad that he's playing so well.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/7/2018  1:25 PM
reub wrote:Dotson did it last night within the offensive schemes too. He never forced any shots and was unselfish. Also 11 rebounds and good defense.

Thanks, Phil!

The Knicks way is so damn mind boggling. They have Dotson right under their nose and they look elsewhere for answers instead of giving him a shot.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/7/2018  2:11 PM
Be careful of assuming a player has arrived when they put up big #'s towards the end of the season...We've seen this before.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/7/2018  2:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/7/2018  2:21 PM
Vmart wrote:
reub wrote:Dotson did it last night within the offensive schemes too. He never forced any shots and was unselfish. Also 11 rebounds and good defense.

Thanks, Phil!

The Knicks way is so damn mind boggling. They have Dotson right under their nose and they look elsewhere for answers instead of giving him a shot.

He did have a bad incident of questionable consent in a sexual encounter. He had to transfer. From all accounts he owned up to a mistake and is a good kid. "Rapist"? Read up on the incident, its not an unfair label.
As for the usual "lets blame Knicks for keeping him down" as if he was always ready to score 30pts in a game is typical. Kid is a good player and we should praise the process that got him to that game last night. Where it goes from here is undetermined.
"Arrived"? Might be a strong label. Happy we are having these moments thru a miserable season. Not everyone will stick.
Baker has to thank his lucky stars he got his money cuz he got some work to do!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/7/2018  2:24 PM
Once he gets up to the NBA speed, he is a rotation player no question. Ideal 3&D wing coming off the bench in today's NBA.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/7/2018  3:52 PM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Thanks, Phil!

He did have a bad incident of questionable consent in a sexual encounter. He had to transfer. From all accounts he owned up to a mistake and is a good kid. "Rapist"? Read up on the incident, its not an unfair label.
As for the usual "lets blame Knicks for keeping him down" as if he was always ready to score 30pts in a game is typical. Kid is a good player and we should praise the process that got him to that game last night. Where it goes from here is undetermined.
"Arrived"? Might be a strong label. Happy we are having these moments thru a miserable season. Not everyone will stick.

Baker was always awful, I still have no idea what the Knicks were thinking. He is one of the worst contracts in the NBA. He has no business making that much. Dotson is far more skilled than Baker, its not even close.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/7/2018  4:21 PM
Uptown wrote:Be careful of assuming a player has arrived when they put up big #'s towards the end of the season...We've seen this before.

Agree with this...but you also got a glance at what he can do when he is playing with confidence, which is really the most important issue for him at this point.

He could end up being one of 2nd round "steals" of his draft. He's strong, can play some D, and can shoot from deep, as well as come off picks for midrange shots. You saw some other things yesterday, particularly moving without the ball.

Was kind of hoping that he played more minutes the second half of the season. Lee has been solid, but I think Dotson can do many of the things Lee does...he just needs the minutes to find his place on the team.

Time will tell, of course, but he has some potential, and if you believe some of the rumors around the trade deadline, there were teams who were looking at him.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
JesseDark
Member: #467
4/7/2018  4:23 PM
Uptown wrote:Be careful of assuming a player has arrived when they put up big #'s towards the end of the season...We've seen this before.

Lavar Postell anyone!

Bring back dee-fense
reub

4/7/2018  4:24 PM
Knixkik wrote:Once he gets up to the NBA speed, he is a rotation player no question. Ideal 3&D wing coming off the bench in today's NBA.

We should have kept Willy and rolled with Burke, Frank, THJr, Dotson, Mikal, Willy, Kornet, Mudiay, Hezonja, Jerami Grant and O'Quinn (we should sign him) plus KP when he comes back next year. That would have gotten us one more lottery pick, a super-talented very young team and we'd be set to contend for the 2019-2020 season.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/7/2018  7:26 PM
JesseDark wrote:

Lavar Postell anyone!

Every year. Mardy Collins put up 16-5-5 in April

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/7/2018  7:32 PM
JesseDark wrote:

Lavar Postell anyone!

That's who I was thinking of. He said some stupid stuff at the time if I remember correctly.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
reub

4/7/2018  8:26 PM
Dotson is not a fluke. He's showing again tonight that he's a rotation player.
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

4/7/2018  8:51 PM
Dotson is a shooting guard prolly small forward and he plated the power forward last night. Because of the injuries, I don't think hebus sustainable at the of position but IRS great to him get burn.
blkexec
Member: #748
4/8/2018  5:00 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Thanks, Phil!

Baker was always awful, I still have no idea what the Knicks were thinking. He is one of the worst contracts in the NBA. He has no business making that much. Dotson is far more skilled than Baker, its not even close.

Giving Baker that money was the best thing the knicks did. It opened up the flood gate for other G-leaguers to follow. Everybody is motivated thinking they should be able to get that same contract, if not more.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/8/2018  7:38 AM
dotson has talent
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/8/2018  7:59 AM
blkexec wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Thanks, Phil!

Giving Baker that money was the best thing the knicks did. It opened up the flood gate for other G-leaguers to follow. Everybody is motivated thinking they should be able to get that same contract, if not more.

hmmm interesting take, so your saying the knicks knew it was an overpay but thought it would attract top g-leaguers and motivate the other players on the roster. For some reason that would be easier for me to swallow than they thought he could play.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
USA
4/8/2018  10:03 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Thanks, Phil!

hmmm interesting take, so your saying the knicks knew it was an overpay but thought it would attract top g-leaguers and motivate the other players on the roster. For some reason that would be easier for me to swallow than they thought he could play.

I’m thinking more sarcastically.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/8/2018  12:56 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Thanks, Phil!

This is what happens when developing players aren’t given sufficient playing time. The Knicks are notorious for over paying what they don’t know or have enough data to make a sound judgment. This is what I have saying all along this is a development year why are the vets playing so much. Dotson, ntlikina, Kornet, Hernangomez and Burke should have been called up way sooner because he was lighting it up in G league should have been racking up minutes right off the bat. For me this was a developmental disaster of a year. The Knicks didn’t create any certainty of players they can go forward with and they didn’t secure a draft lottery position that will yield a possible great player.

Nalod
USA
4/8/2018  1:35 PM
Vmart wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Thanks, Phil!

This is what happens when developing players aren’t given sufficient playing time. The Knicks are notorious for over paying what they don’t know or have enough data to make a sound judgment. This is what I have saying all along this is a development year why are the vets playing so much. Dotson, ntlikina, Kornet, Hernangomez and Burke should have been called up way sooner because he was lighting it up in G league should have been racking up minutes right off the bat. For me this was a developmental disaster of a year. The Knicks didn’t create any certainty of players they can go forward with and they didn’t secure a draft lottery position that will yield a possible great player.

Isn’t part of the development process is that they succeed in the Gleague? Your assuming knowledge of “The future” is made in January?

Dotson Has Arrived

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy