ccinflushing
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6061

4/11/2018  5:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2018  5:55 AM
ccinflushing wrote:
martin wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:Does anyone know the cost of buying in on a 1st round pick, later in the draft?

I doubt it ever happens again

And your thoughts on 2nd rounders?

Golden State paid $3.5M for pick 38 last year, Jordan Bell. I think that's the max you can pay

The maximum cash teams can receive or pay out is $5.1Mn for this past year .. it should be a similar amount for the 2018-19 season.

In terms of cash paid for second round draft picks, in the 2017 draft:
NOP got the 31st pick from CHA for $1.8Mn and the 40th pick
GSW paid CHI $3.5Mn for the 38th pick
MIL somehow managed to pay PHI $1.9Mn for the 46th pick but got LAC to fork out $2.0Mn for the 48th pick!

Also last year, UTA acquired the 28th pick from LAL for the 30th and 44th picks ..

For the Knicks, I would guess that the 38th pick and $4MM probably gets you to pick 27?

Hope that helps ..

Also for my second rounder, my choice would be Chimezie Metu - he reminds me a lot of Bobby Portis/Pascal Siakim - perhaps more athletic than those two with good 3 point shooting potential (good repeatable stroke), but needs a lot of work on his core strength to hold his position.

Another thing we might consider is using our 2019 second rounder (from Houston) and using that pick to either move up or swap with one of Philly's many second round picks this year - that might actually be a smarter option.

We also have the draft rights to Ognjgen Juice Jaramaz and Louie Loose Labia Labeyrie that we can pawn off.

AUTOADVERT
ccinflushing

4/13/2018  5:31 AM
Coin flip later today will determine whether our second round pick is 36 or 37
ccinflushing

4/13/2018  5:47 AM
One of the (few?) areas where the recent Knick regime have shown above average competence is in mining for talent in the second round / undrafted ranks (Dotson, Baker, Kornet, Hayes, XRM, Artis, Hicks, Galloway). They've been focused on high IQ, 3 to 4 year players.

One of the things I'd like for them to do is deviate from this tendency this year and buy a pick in the 40s to use on a raw high upside player like Hamidou Diallo or Justin Jackson Jr. so that we can sign them to a two year two way contract. We retain their rights and maintain our 2019 cap flexibility - and if they progress well enough can be used as an asset to dump Noah's salary.

2nd rd choices

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy