[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kanter likely a goner per Marc Berman
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
4/5/2018  5:37 AM
https://nypost.com/2018/04/05/knicks-will-have-one-big-position-hole-to-fill-and-fix-in-offseason/

I’m admittedly old school. Kanter is toonold school for me. In a league of athletic bigs, he’s a defensive liability without a jumper, a $20 million tough guy that can’t guard bigs.
Think: Embiid, Towns, Horford, A Davis, Ayton,
Bamba Bagley. We need a newly minted two way big. Stretch Noah and let’s draft a 5..

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/5/2018  6:24 AM
There are a few FA's out there I would like but I'm afraid signing them will give us to many wins. Next year has to be a tank year, so I'm almost hoping he doesn't opt out so we can get into the top 5.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/5/2018  6:51 AM
Jmpasq wrote:There are a few FA's out there I would like but I'm afraid signing them will give us to many wins. Next year has to be a tank year, so I'm almost hoping he doesn't opt out so we can get into the top 5.

Tanking again sounds cruel. Depending on how KP comes back, i can See one of several scenarios:

1/. We get lucky finally and draft top 3. Doncic, Ayton, Jackson, Bagley
2/. We don’t get as lucky: Mikel or W Carter or Sexton.

Likely: Noah stretched. We pick up a FA

KP
Carter
Frank
Burke
THJr

Beas
THJr
FA
———/-/—

Kanter gone, OQuinn gone, Thomas ?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/5/2018  7:29 AM
Paris907 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:There are a few FA's out there I would like but I'm afraid signing them will give us to many wins. Next year has to be a tank year, so I'm almost hoping he doesn't opt out so we can get into the top 5.

Tanking again sounds cruel. Depending on how KP comes back, i can See one of several scenarios:

KP
Carter
Frank
Burke
THJr

Beas
THJr
FA
———/-/—

tanking again may sound cruel, but be honest with yourself- what is our record likely to be next year? Hopefully we draft a good player who is like Frank and a few years away from potential. Even if KP is health day 1, he is still a year or two away from being able to sustain his performance for a full season.

Add that all up, we are at least 2-3 years away from being half way decent.

If Kanter opts out, I'm going to keep as much of that cap room open. KP has a big payday coming up (not happy about that) and I want to be opportunistic like the Nets where I can absorb a contract and get a talent/draft pick in the process.

I don't stretch Noah now. I invite him back after JH is likely gone this summer.

He gives me tank minutes at center.

Then, I look at cutting him or trading him in the summer of 2019. And then that year I think you look at adding a FA piece or two.

wargames
Member: #6053

4/5/2018  7:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2018  7:54 AM
Use that Kanter money on Randle to be the ZBO to KP's Marc Gasol. He's putting up All Star level numbers on the Lakers and even if they don't get Lebron (PG is almost certain for them), with Kuz there I doubt they want to pay Randle a max. The Beauty of Randle next to KP is randle can guard the perimeter on defense and then KP can focus on guarding the Rim. Offensively KP can focus on shooting and Randle like Kanter can work inside.

Frank
Tim
Mikal
Randle
KP

Trey on the bench.

That team could definitely attract a good two way Free agent in 2019. Imagine plugging Kawhi in that lineup.

Frank
Mikal
Kawhi
Randle
KP

Trey and Timmy on the bench. That's a great team right there.

Also with KOQ I would love if he could stay but if he gets paid a to much it would affect the Knicks ability to sign a Max FA in 2019.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/5/2018  9:07 AM
I really doubt Kanter opts out. He won't get nearly the money in the open market, especially this summer. Next summer more teams have space. Either way, he won't get 18M per year as an old school scoring big. 10 years ago you would build an entire offense around his skillset.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/5/2018  9:07 AM

Nah u don't purposely tank by avoiding signing anyone good. Look for value

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/5/2018  9:21 AM
Julius Randle should be #1 target. Followed by Favors & Harrell. Unless we land a big at the draft.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Gudris
Member: #6213

4/5/2018  9:21 AM
Knixkik wrote:I really doubt Kanter opts out. He won't get nearly the money in the open market, especially this summer. Next summer more teams have space. Either way, he won't get 18M per year as an old school scoring big. 10 years ago you would build an entire offense around his skillset.

I also think he will opt in, and I hope he can improve his defense and 3point shooting over summer

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/5/2018  9:30 AM
franco12 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

KP
Carter
Frank
Burke
THJr

Beas
THJr
FA
———/-/—

tanking again may sound cruel, but be honest with yourself- what is our record likely to be next year? Hopefully we draft a good player who is like Frank and a few years away from potential. Even if KP is health day 1, he is still a year or two away from being able to sustain his performance for a full season.

If Kanter opts out, I'm going to keep as much of that cap room open. KP has a big payday coming up (not happy about that) and I want to be opportunistic like the Nets where I can absorb a contract and get a talent/draft pick in the process.

I don't stretch Noah now. I invite him back after JH is likely gone this summer.

Then, I look at cutting him or trading him in the summer of 2019. And then that year I think you look at adding a FA piece or two.

tanking to me is when management tries to set everything up to fail from the get go. I don't think bringing in THJ and Kanter and trading picks for a lotto pick (albeit a bad one) qualifies as tanking.

No one is going to want to come here next year. the team should be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse and I doubt management will even try all that much. next year will be tankerific

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/5/2018  9:31 AM
kanter endeared himself to his team and the fans very well early on. that whole thing with lebron/frank and he genuinely seems to like to play for the knicks, which is nice for once. with all that said, im just not sure his fit - his inability to guard his position, nor shoot the ball, makes him a tough player to gauge with how the game is played today. don't get me wrong, i think he's definitely useful and a rotation player in the nba, but with the amount of money he's going to be looking for, im just not sure its prudent for us to muck up our cap.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/5/2018  9:36 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

KP
Carter
Frank
Burke
THJr

Beas
THJr
FA
———/-/—

tanking to me is when management tries to set everything up to fail from the get go. I don't think bringing in THJ and Kanter and trading picks for a lotto pick (albeit a bad one) qualifies as tanking.

No one is going to want to come here next year. the team should be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse and I doubt management will even try all that much. next year will be tankerific

then mills will throw THJ money at some 3rd tier FA because Like phil, he will have no choice.

5 centers 3 months ago, and now we basically have none.

Tank(as if we have the best scouting dept in the NBA) so we can lose another 50 for the 5th consecutive season, how attractive is this destination again.

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/5/2018  9:40 AM
Gudris wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I really doubt Kanter opts out. He won't get nearly the money in the open market, especially this summer. Next summer more teams have space. Either way, he won't get 18M per year as an old school scoring big. 10 years ago you would build an entire offense around his skillset.

I also think he will opt in, and I hope he can improve his defense and 3point shooting over summer

I agree about him opting in. He maybe looking for an extension from the Knicks with a new agent. I don't think he gives up that final year at 20 mil.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/5/2018  9:57 AM
Paris907 wrote:https://nypost.com/2018/04/05/knicks-will-have-one-big-position-hole-to-fill-and-fix-in-offseason/

I’m admittedly old school. Kanter is toonold school for me. In a league of athletic bigs, he’s a defensive liability without a jumper, a $20 million tough guy that can’t guard bigs.
Bamba Bagley. We need a newly minted two way big. Stretch Noah and let’s draft a 5..

"Kanter likely a goner per Marc Berman"

This is the totality of what Berman wrote regarding Kanter within the article: "Of their top four centers entering the regular season, Kanter may have played his last game as a Knick because of a balky back and with an opt-out clause looming. The Post reported Kanter, a double-double machine this season, is ready to sign with high-powered agent Mark Bartelstein to sort out his situation."

Notice how it says NOTHING about whether Kanter will opt in or not, just that he got a new agent and that he has an opt out.

If Marc was a good beat writer, he would have noted the teams that have cap space this summer, which teams need a center, also noted that DeAndre Jordan would get first choice of that team IF they were to spend $$$ on a C. He would also tell us about bigs who can't defend or stretch a defense and Kanter would be on that list.

Kanter LOVES New York. He also LOVES OKC. Kanter loves everywhere but Utah.

He also can't get endorsements and probably why he switched agents.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
Member: #748
4/5/2018  10:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2018  10:09 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

KP
Carter
Frank
Burke
THJr

Beas
THJr
FA
———/-/—

then mills will throw THJ money at some 3rd tier FA because Like phil, he will have no choice.

5 centers 3 months ago, and now we basically have none.

Tank(as if we have the best scouting dept in the NBA) so we can lose another 50 for the 5th consecutive season, how attractive is this destination again.

That's my problem with tanking in NY. When you tank, you have to have a decent scouting staff. Right now, we have looked like the Cleveland Browns. And right now and in the past, they have problems convincing good QBs to come to there team. We have the same problem with Coaches or FA's.....And it comes down to scouting good players, and player development. We are weak in both areas, but improving in the scouting department (I think). Terrible place for qualified coaches. The knicks are great at killing a coaches career. So I agree, this is a terrible destination for anybody. But so far, Perry seems to be the right guy to change that. It will take time to remove that stink from the past.

Carter appears to be a good pickup, with Kanter leaving and Burke arriving. Our first pick needs to be either Carter or Bridges. Depends on who will impact the most and who fills the biggest need. I thought it was center b4 the news on Kanter possibly leaving. So you know how I feel now.

I will do some research on both these guys and see if they are worth passing on Young, SGA, Sexton, Knox, etc.....

Would be great to have both, but if you had to choose one, which one? Bridges(SF) or Carter(C)....If this small ball system, I would lean towards Carter who's a freshmen, with loads of potential and a higher ceiling. Bridges seems to be stuck in his current skill set and comfortable in a system role. Both have high potential and I wish we could have both.....

Young, Bridges, Carter

Not sure how Perry would go PG now, with two glaring holes to fill at SF and C

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/5/2018  10:08 AM
In Kanter's favor is that he's a young Double Double machine. Problem is that he's not a stretch big or Rim Protector. The only thing we can hope for is that Bartelstein sells him on the idea that he can get him a big payday. I personally don't see a huge market but Agents can be really full of themselves and if he can't promise a big payday then how does he convince Kanter to sign with him?
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/5/2018  10:10 AM
martin wrote:
Paris907 wrote:https://nypost.com/2018/04/05/knicks-will-have-one-big-position-hole-to-fill-and-fix-in-offseason/

"Kanter likely a goner per Marc Berman"

This is the totality of what Berman wrote regarding Kanter within the article: "Of their top four centers entering the regular season, Kanter may have played his last game as a Knick because of a balky back and with an opt-out clause looming. The Post reported Kanter, a double-double machine this season, is ready to sign with high-powered agent Mark Bartelstein to sort out his situation."

Notice how it says NOTHING about whether Kanter will opt in or not, just that he got a new agent and that he has an opt out.

If Marc was a good beat writer, he would have noted the teams that have cap space this summer, which teams need a center, also noted that DeAndre Jordan would get first choice of that team IF they were to spend $$$ on a C. He would also tell us about bigs who can't defend or stretch a defense and Kanter would be on that list.

Kanter LOVES New York. He also LOVES OKC. Kanter loves everywhere but Utah.

He also can't get endorsements and probably why he switched agents.

Yeah, that was the first thing I notice about the article, their isn't a playoff team with cap $$ this summer. you could kind of go out on limb and predict no one is giving KOQ much more than he is getting now

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/5/2018  10:18 AM
Gudris wrote:

Yeah, the article says he's unlikely to opt in, but never really states why. It gives a reason for KaOQ, but not Kanter.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Member: #6227

4/5/2018  5:36 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Julius Randle should be #1 target. Followed by Favors & Harrell. Unless we land a big at the draft.

We're not getting Randle. He's a RFA and will be matched.
We should go after Hezonja and Grant for cheap. Noel too.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/5/2018  9:00 PM
reub wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Julius Randle should be #1 target. Followed by Favors & Harrell. Unless we land a big at the draft.

We're not getting Randle. He's a RFA and will be matched.
We should go after Hezonja and Grant for cheap. Noel too.

None of those guys are helping this team, why sign them? to clog the cap and lose 47 games instead of 52

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Kanter likely a goner per Marc Berman

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy