[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should we offer Jabari Parker 2 years 48mm with option for 3?
Author Thread
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

4/6/2018  4:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2018  4:23 PM
VCoug wrote:
wargames wrote:Ya'll know we can Stretch Kanter and LT and still have enough to go after Parker or Randle Or Gordon.

That's a terrible idea and no we wouldn't. Kanter's and Lance's combined cap hits the next two years are 25.7M and 7.5M. If we stretch them their cap hits for the next 5 years look like this: $9.1M, $9.1M, $9.1M, $2.9M, and $2.9M. It only clears $16M this Summer which isn't enough to sign Parker, Randle, or Gordon.

Kanter makes 18 mil

Anyhow if KOQ declines and we waive Lance and Kanter and renounce Bird Rights amd we draft at #7 the knicks get $ 17,282,530 in cap space. waiving Ron gets us to 18 Mil this year(though it would be smarter to waive him next year). Then even after signing a player for 18 mil, by sending KP a Qualifying offer, stretching Noah, and Lee and finally renouncing Mudiay the knicks would only have 83 mil on the books (minus 1 year deals and 2nd rounders). That woul leave 25 mil on the books, just enough to offer Kawhi or Butler the Max.

If Kanter leaves on his own the knicks would have enough to go after Randle and could just let Lance finish his contract, or even better waive lance and reup KOQ with the extra money.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/6/2018  4:25 PM
The way Noah doomed the franchise for his 17mm, we blame it all on him!!!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/6/2018  4:33 PM
Vmart wrote:These kind of deals need to be avoided. Parker has a injury history and that has to taken into consideration. With this in mind Parker is going to be looking for the longest possible contract he won’t be signing any 2-3 year contract. You would have to be absolutely crazy to invest 24 million a year for an injury prone player. This would be creating cap havoc.

The big thing and the Knicks really are bad at it is patience. They have a disgusting approach where everyone is better than what they have. That approach has to stop. The Knicks need to concentrate on what they have rather than looking for diamonds in the trash bin of the NBA. Mudiay is a prime example of that. Adding Parker really wouldn’t help the Knicks. The Knicks time frame is 3-4 maybe 5 years out. If the Knicks did the process they would be in a better position to get better sooner but they won’t do it. Maybe the lottery can help them this year or the new lottery system works better for them going forward.

The Knicks need to concentrate on what they have rather than looking for diamonds in the trash bin of the NBA.

You mean a trash can like the G League? The way they found Trey Burke? That was a bad move, right?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/6/2018  8:59 PM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Its a dam good gamble

at 2 years for essentially the max, it's not a good gamble. This is a player who how been in the league for 4 years and only made it through about a year and a half at full throttle.

A good gamble would be signing Parker to a 2-3 year deal at the midlevel, not at $24M per.

He will never take that, honestly Its a not a bad gamble considered once Porzingis maxs out we will essentially be capped out and unable to sign anyone else anyway. Also with Noahs horrendous deal on the books for 2 more agonizing years whats the difference anyway. We basically can't compete unitl that garbage is off the books. It could be a home run, if it blows up we free up cap space when Noah comes off anyway. I would of rather made this deal than to sign Hardaway jr. Just don't let the contract outrun Noah and its a good idea. 2 years 48 million, team option for year 3.

You haven't done your homework and it shows. If posters want to start making realistic trade and sign thought experiments, start here: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NYK.html

factor in cap holds, and 2 more lottery picks,Frank, not to mention trey burke, also convenient that you ignore the part of the post that says don't stretch the Parker deal into 2020-21. Who cares if we are maxed out the next 2 years its meaningless. We won't be able to have a team until Noah is gone. If Parker plays well we resign him in 20-21 if not we get cap space.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
VCoug
Member: #1406

4/6/2018  10:05 PM
wargames wrote:
VCoug wrote:
wargames wrote:Ya'll know we can Stretch Kanter and LT and still have enough to go after Parker or Randle Or Gordon.

That's a terrible idea and no we wouldn't. Kanter's and Lance's combined cap hits the next two years are 25.7M and 7.5M. If we stretch them their cap hits for the next 5 years look like this: $9.1M, $9.1M, $9.1M, $2.9M, and $2.9M. It only clears $16M this Summer which isn't enough to sign Parker, Randle, or Gordon.

Kanter makes 18 mil

Anyhow if KOQ declines and we waive Lance and Kanter and renounce Bird Rights amd we draft at #7 the knicks get $ 17,282,530 in cap space. waiving Ron gets us to 18 Mil this year(though it would be smarter to waive him next year). Then even after signing a player for 18 mil, by sending KP a Qualifying offer, stretching Noah, and Lee and finally renouncing Mudiay the knicks would only have 83 mil on the books (minus 1 year deals and 2nd rounders). That woul leave 25 mil on the books, just enough to offer Kawhi or Butler the Max.

If Kanter leaves on his own the knicks would have enough to go after Randle and could just let Lance finish his contract, or even better waive lance and reup KOQ with the extra money.

Yes, Kanter makes $18M and Lance makes $7M so their combined cap hit next year is $25M.

This is an insane plan and half of what you're suggesting isn't possible. L

• Like I explained in my original comment, stretching Lance and Kanter gets us $16M in cap space; I don't know how you're getting $17M.
  • Stretching Ron Baker would drop his cap hit from $4.5M next season to $1.5M the next 3 years; that's a difference of $3M not $1M and brings our stretched salary to $10.6M.
  • We can't give KP a qualifying offer this offseason, he's still under his rookie contract next season. He becomes a RFA the summer of 2019 which is when we would give him his QO.
  • Stretching Noah and Lee saves $18M next year but brings up our stretched salary to $23.1M.
  • Mudiay is not a free agent next year, his option is already picked up so we can't renounce him. We would have to stretch him as well. That would bring our total stretched salary to $24.6M.

The CBA does not allow teams to have stretched salaries of more than 15% of the salary cap. Your plan would put us over that number in 2018-19, 2019-20, and 2020-21. It's not possible.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/8/2018  8:24 AM
Guys already playing back to back 40 min w ease. He was better in the 2 md half. How can anyone watch and say we don’t need a player like this?
RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/8/2018  12:36 PM
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:These kind of deals need to be avoided. Parker has a injury history and that has to taken into consideration. With this in mind Parker is going to be looking for the longest possible contract he won’t be signing any 2-3 year contract. You would have to be absolutely crazy to invest 24 million a year for an injury prone player. This would be creating cap havoc.

The big thing and the Knicks really are bad at it is patience. They have a disgusting approach where everyone is better than what they have. That approach has to stop. The Knicks need to concentrate on what they have rather than looking for diamonds in the trash bin of the NBA. Mudiay is a prime example of that. Adding Parker really wouldn’t help the Knicks. The Knicks time frame is 3-4 maybe 5 years out. If the Knicks did the process they would be in a better position to get better sooner but they won’t do it. Maybe the lottery can help them this year or the new lottery system works better for them going forward.

The Knicks need to concentrate on what they have rather than looking for diamonds in the trash bin of the NBA.

You mean a trash can like the G League? The way they found Trey Burke? That was a bad move, right?

Burke is hardly a g leaguer. He may have spent time there but it was man vs kids. He had 4 years of NBA experience and 2 years of college. While I like what Burke has done I’m also wary of his game which may not translate to next year. This could be a flash in the pan run he is having. His defense though he might be trying isn’t all that great still. This is what I was getting at when I said why do you need Mudiay. You have Burke, Dotson and Ntlikina to develop. I would liked to see Burke get a lot of playing time. I wanted to know if this guy is worth going forward with. Burke has found a little bit of success but will it translate into something next year. The sample size of success is very small with Burke.

awe1028
Member: #2780

4/8/2018  3:46 PM
No to Jabari Parker. If the Knicks are going to be laying 24 million a year they should wait until 2019 and go after Kawhi Leonard provided he is healthy of course. Kawhi gives the Knicks exactly what they need - a legitimate superstar who plays ELITE defense. Add kawhi to KP Frank possibly Mikal Bridges and the Knicks would guite possibly be the best defensive team in the NBA.

With that defense and the improved offense kawhi would bring the knicks would be immediate title contenders IMHO.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/8/2018  5:26 PM
awe1028 wrote:No to Jabari Parker. If the Knicks are going to be laying 24 million a year they should wait until 2019 and go after Kawhi Leonard provided he is healthy of course. Kawhi gives the Knicks exactly what they need - a legitimate superstar who plays ELITE defense. Add kawhi to KP Frank possibly Mikal Bridges and the Knicks would guite possibly be the best defensive team in the NBA.

With that defense and the improved offense kawhi would bring the knicks would be immediate title contenders IMHO.

If I could get him I would -- hoping one free agent on 2 years will be hot on the Knicks has been a failed strategy. I can't imagine getting Parker-- my god would he help

RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/17/2018  10:35 PM
yikes. another brilliant idea

0pts, 2reb in 10 minutes tonight. if that doesnt look like a 24/mill a year player, i dont know what does.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
blkexec
Member: #748
4/18/2018  8:01 AM
nyk4ever wrote:yikes. another brilliant idea

0pts, 2reb in 10 minutes tonight. if that doesnt look like a 24/mill a year player, i dont know what does.

Let's all be glad Briggs is not the GM.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/18/2018  8:06 AM

Yeah its a risk but its 2 years. I have no problem overpaying on upside on short-term deals. The Hardaway deal wouldnt of been crippling had it been for 3 years not 4.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
4/18/2018  8:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2018  8:54 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Yeah its a risk but its 2 years. I have no problem overpaying on upside on short-term deals. The Hardaway deal wouldnt of been crippling had it been for 3 years not 4.

You've gotten too used to seeing long term bad deals, that short term bad deals start to look good. Parker isn't a 24 million player for 1 year let alone 2.
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/18/2018  8:46 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:

at 2 years for essentially the max, it's not a good gamble. This is a player who how been in the league for 4 years and only made it through about a year and a half at full throttle.

A good gamble would be signing Parker to a 2-3 year deal at the midlevel, not at $24M per.

He will never take that, honestly Its a not a bad gamble considered once Porzingis maxs out we will essentially be capped out and unable to sign anyone else anyway. Also with Noahs horrendous deal on the books for 2 more agonizing years whats the difference anyway. We basically can't compete unitl that garbage is off the books. It could be a home run, if it blows up we free up cap space when Noah comes off anyway. I would of rather made this deal than to sign Hardaway jr. Just don't let the contract outrun Noah and its a good idea. 2 years 48 million, team option for year 3.

You haven't done your homework and it shows. If posters want to start making realistic trade and sign thought experiments, start here: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NYK.html

factor in cap holds, and 2 more lottery picks,Frank, not to mention trey burke, also convenient that you ignore the part of the post that says don't stretch the Parker deal into 2020-21. Who cares if we are maxed out the next 2 years its meaningless. We won't be able to have a team until Noah is gone. If Parker plays well we resign him in 20-21 if not we get cap space.

How do we even no what NOAH can do, he never got a chance. If jack and frank were playing really well through out the season, we would all be under the assumption Burke still sucked.

ES
Nalod
USA
4/18/2018  8:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:

How do we even no what NOAH can do, he never got a chance. If jack and frank were playing really well through out the season, we would all be under the assumption Burke still sucked.

Or that Sessions would suck, get waived and made room for Burke. Then start to give him some minutes and see what he could do. Or Jack or sessions would get injured. Or Frank not ply 78 games.
Burke got called up in January.

Vmart
USA
4/18/2018  10:40 AM
Does Jabari’s play scare anyone. Watching him play makes me wonder if KP will recover well from his ACL.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/18/2018  10:50 AM
Vmart wrote:Does Jabari’s play scare anyone. Watching him play makes me wonder if KP will recover well from his ACL.

Tons of guys have had ACL in the NBA. Jabari has had 2, on the same knee.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
4/18/2018  10:55 AM
Vmart wrote:Does Jabari’s play scare anyone. Watching him play makes me wonder if KP will recover well from his ACL.

You looking for things to fret about?
Was Jabari really ever great in the NBA before he got hurt? First playoffs for him?
Im not making any excuses for him but my point is "frame of reference". His first order is to return to form.
I dont' know his game. His expectation and hype might not be in his favor.
How is Rubio since he returned? Pretty good.
WHo else?
Bernard King? Was an all star 6 years after his surgery.
Kyle Lowrey had one before he went to college.
same with Baron Davis at UCLA.
The Al's...Jefferson and Harrington.
David West
Jamal Crawford
Corey Brewer
Bonzi Wells
Kendrick Perkins
Adrian Peterson

All long careers. Yes, he might be more Derrik Rose or Gallinari. Its tough to say.

Vmart
USA
4/18/2018  11:05 AM
martin wrote:

Tons of guys have had ACL in the NBA. Jabari has had 2, on the same knee.

Yes tons have had ACL. How many have recovered well from them for everyone who did there are some didn’t have the impact they did or were headed to. I understand Jabari has had two in the same knee. KP will be the first 7’3 player to play after ACL.

Only time will tell. Hope for the best.

Vmart
USA
4/18/2018  11:08 AM
Nalod wrote:

You looking for things to fret about?
Was Jabari really ever great in the NBA before he got hurt? First playoffs for him?
Im not making any excuses for him but my point is "frame of reference". His first order is to return to form.
I dont' know his game. His expectation and hype might not be in his favor.
How is Rubio since he returned? Pretty good.
WHo else?
Bernard King? Was an all star 6 years after his surgery.
Kyle Lowrey had one before he went to college.
same with Baron Davis at UCLA.
The Al's...Jefferson and Harrington.
David West
Jamal Crawford
Corey Brewer
Bonzi Wells
Kendrick Perkins
Adrian Peterson

All long careers. Yes, he might be more Derrik Rose or Gallinari. Its tough to say.

You saying Jabari wasn’t great he had solid performance and showed a lot of potential and promise. It was unfortunate that he had not one but two ACL surgery. Even after his first ACL he showed flashes sadly he had another ACL.

Should we offer Jabari Parker 2 years 48mm with option for 3?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy