[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should we offer Jabari Parker 2 years 48mm with option for 3?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/6/2018  10:38 AM
I can see both sides of this, since it's a huge gamble that could pay off or kill us. Guys like Parker and Gordon are fun to think about, but pretty unrealistic, as i don't see Kanter opting out. The guy i want to target is Grant from OKC. I think OKC will lose him if they resign P George. He is athletic and can play the 3 and 4. 24 years old and a very good defender. Like a better Lance Thomas. He can start in KP's place, then when KP returns he can back him up but also play alongside him in smaller lineups. I'm hoping we can grab him for mid level type money while off-loading C Lee in the meantime.
AUTOADVERT
wargames
Member: #6053

4/6/2018  10:40 AM
Ya'll know we can Stretch Kanter and LT and still have enough to go after Parker or Randle Or Gordon.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/6/2018  10:49 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Its a dam good gamble

at 2 years for essentially the max, it's not a good gamble. This is a player who how been in the league for 4 years and only made it through about a year and a half at full throttle.

A good gamble would be signing Parker to a 2-3 year deal at the midlevel, not at $24M per.

He will never take that, honestly Its a not a bad gamble considered once Porzingis maxs out we will essentially be capped out and unable to sign anyone else anyway. Also with Noahs horrendous deal on the books for 2 more agonizing years whats the difference anyway. We basically can't compete unitl that garbage is off the books. It could be a home run, if it blows up we free up cap space when Noah comes off anyway. I would of rather made this deal than to sign Hardaway jr. Just don't let the contract outrun Noah and its a good idea. 2 years 48 million, team option for year 3.

You haven't done your homework and it shows. If posters want to start making realistic trade and sign thought experiments, start here: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NYK.html

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/6/2018  10:50 AM
wargames wrote:Ya'll know we can Stretch Kanter and LT and still have enough to go after Parker or Randle Or Gordon.

And when you wake up to reality, let us know.

Knixkik
USA
4/6/2018  10:50 AM
wargames wrote:Ya'll know we can Stretch Kanter and LT and still have enough to go after Parker or Randle Or Gordon.

Stretching players who have only 1 year left and paying dead money for many years after is just bad business.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/6/2018  11:59 AM
Briggs. Let’s assume the numbers are prudent which they are not. What about the fact that he’s a tweeter that doesn’t play defense. Does it concern you? I mean he’s too big to be a three and KP prefers to be a 4. Is that a concern? I liked Jabari too but am no longer in the risk business ... risk to me is Kawhi Leonard
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/6/2018  12:01 PM
Knixkik wrote:I can see both sides of this, since it's a huge gamble that could pay off or kill us. Guys like Parker and Gordon are fun to think about, but pretty unrealistic, as i don't see Kanter opting out. The guy i want to target is Grant from OKC. I think OKC will lose him if they resign P George. He is athletic and can play the 3 and 4. 24 years old and a very good defender. Like a better Lance Thomas. He can start in KP's place, then when KP returns he can back him up but also play alongside him in smaller lineups. I'm hoping we can grab him for mid level type money while off-loading C Lee in the meantime.

If you sign someone for two year--cant kill you. Im not sure he will get much more of a commitment than 2 years 40 something million with team option for 3--I dont care what he has or hasnt turned down. Upside is you get a franchise wing player--downside is it takes you out of one free agency.

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
4/6/2018  12:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I can see both sides of this, since it's a huge gamble that could pay off or kill us. Guys like Parker and Gordon are fun to think about, but pretty unrealistic, as i don't see Kanter opting out. The guy i want to target is Grant from OKC. I think OKC will lose him if they resign P George. He is athletic and can play the 3 and 4. 24 years old and a very good defender. Like a better Lance Thomas. He can start in KP's place, then when KP returns he can back him up but also play alongside him in smaller lineups. I'm hoping we can grab him for mid level type money while off-loading C Lee in the meantime.

If you sign someone for two year--cant kill you. Im not sure he will get much more of a commitment than 2 years 40 something million with team option for 3--I dont care what he has or hasnt turned down. Upside is you get a franchise wing player--downside is it takes you out of one free agency.

Flat false statement because you don't see anything beyond short term. It will kill your 2019 cap space when lots of players will come free who are MUCH better than Parker.

Knixkik
USA
4/6/2018  12:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2018  12:19 PM
Paris907 wrote:Briggs. Let’s assume the numbers are prudent which they are not. What about the fact that he’s a tweeter that doesn’t play defense. Does it concern you? I mean he’s too big to be a three and KP prefers to be a 4. Is that a concern? I liked Jabari too but am no longer in the risk business ... risk to me is Kawhi Leonard

While Parker isn't a good defender, he can certainly improve given his age. Given Briggs previous interest of offering IT the max, Randle the max, and overpaying Beasley, i'm guessing defense isn't a major concern for him.

BRIGGS
4/6/2018  12:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2018  12:27 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Briggs. Let’s assume the numbers are prudent which they are not. What about the fact that he’s a tweeter that doesn’t play defense. Does it concern you? I mean he’s too big to be a three and KP prefers to be a 4. Is that a concern? I liked Jabari too but am no longer in the risk business ... risk to me is Kawhi Leonard

While Parker isn't a good defender, he can certainly improve given his age. Given Briggs previous interest of offering IT the max, Randle the max, and overpaying Beasley, i'm guessing defense isn't a major concern for him.

Who is the great defender on Houston? James Harden is a sieve Gordon Andersen? they dont have great defenders on that team- Get guys who can make buckets who are willing to play team D.

RIP Crushalot😞
wargames
Member: #6053

4/6/2018  12:38 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Stretching players who have only 1 year left and paying dead money for many years after is just bad business.

I rather they stretch Kanter and LT and pick up a complimentary piece to KP (Randle) than they go into 2019 like they did in 2010 begging players to come to NY with only recently returned from injury KP cause we got cap space.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
USA
4/6/2018  12:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Who is the great defender on Houston? James Harden is a sieve Gordon Andersen? they dont have great defenders on that team- Get guys who can make buckets who are willing to play team D.

Oh hey, lets just pick random players on the team to make a point while completely ignoring other guys who actually do play pretty ****ing good defense.

We got a winner here

martin
USA
4/6/2018  1:01 PM
wargames wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I rather they stretch Kanter and LT and pick up a complimentary piece to KP (Randle) than they go into 2019 like they did in 2010 begging players to come to NY with only recently returned from injury KP cause we got cap space.

Great. What's the cap space that the Knicks will have to offer RFA Randle after stretching those players?

VCoug
Member: #1406

4/6/2018  1:16 PM

That's a terrible idea and no we wouldn't. Kanter's and Lance's combined cap hits the next two years are 25.7M and 7.5M. If we stretch them their cap hits for the next 5 years look like this: $9.1M, $9.1M, $9.1M, $2.9M, and $2.9M. It only clears $16M this Summer which isn't enough to sign Parker, Randle, or Gordon.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
BRIGGS
4/6/2018  1:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2018  1:45 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Oh hey, lets just pick random players on the team to make a point while completely ignoring other guys who actually do play pretty ****ing good defense.

We got a winner here

LOL thats thats the big half og the core my man? Do u watch them? Chris Paul Harden Capella Andersen Ariza(starters) Gordon 6th man

And by the way whats your brilliant plan? Its ez to criticize while not having an opinion!

RIP Crushalot😞
VCoug

4/6/2018  1:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

We got a winner here

LOL thats thats the big half og the core my man? Do u watch them? Chris Paul Harden Capella Andersen Ariza(starters) Gordon 6th man

And by the way whats your brilliant plan? Its ez to criticize while not having an opinion!

Your brilliant plan is to materialize cap space out of thin air so maybe you shouldn't be criticizing?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
BRIGGS
4/6/2018  2:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2018  2:06 PM
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

We got a winner here

Your brilliant plan is to materialize cap space out of thin air so maybe you shouldn't be criticizing?

Ive already said that this would only be an avenue if Kanter opts out. Im not saying its a brilliant plan. Its a strong avenue to provide the Knicks with a potential franchise wing player for simply money. The money has to be high enough to deter Milwaukee --Im not worried about the two year annual cost. 24mm 25mm whatever. team option on yr 3 a must

RIP Crushalot😞
VCoug

4/6/2018  2:14 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

We got a winner here

Ive already said that this would only be an avenue if Kanter opts out. Im not saying its a brilliant plan. Its a strong avenue to provide the Knicks with a potential franchise wing player for simply money. The money has to be high enough to deter Milwaukee --Im not worried about the two year annual cost. 24mm 25mm whatever. team option on yr 3 a must

Even if Kanter opts out we don't have the cap room to give out a $24M/year contract. We're going to be right at the cap next year so if he opts out we'd pretty much have exactly $18M in space. That doesn't include our draft picks but KOQ should be opting out also which should mostly cover that. Where are you getting the additional $6M to $7M we'd need in your scenario?

BRIGGS
4/6/2018  2:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2018  2:26 PM
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

We got a winner here

Even if Kanter opts out we don't have the cap room to give out a $24M/year contract. We're going to be right at the cap next year so if he opts out we'd pretty much have exactly $18M in space. That doesn't include our draft picks but KOQ should be opting out also which should mostly cover that. Where are you getting the additional $6M to $7M we'd need in your scenario?

6mm is ez. I can also guarantee some of yr 3 to up the ante.

RIP Crushalot😞
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/6/2018  3:46 PM
well, I guess it's a good thing that we didn't bust our nut on Crabbe
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Should we offer Jabari Parker 2 years 48mm with option for 3?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy