[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should we offer Jabari Parker 2 years 48mm with option for 3?
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/5/2018  8:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2018  8:47 AM
These kind of deals need to be avoided. Parker has a injury history and that has to taken into consideration. With this in mind Parker is going to be looking for the longest possible contract he won’t be signing any 2-3 year contract. You would have to be absolutely crazy to invest 24 million a year for an injury prone player. This would be creating cap havoc.

The big thing and the Knicks really are bad at it is patience. They have a disgusting approach where everyone is better than what they have. That approach has to stop. The Knicks need to concentrate on what they have rather than looking for diamonds in the trash bin of the NBA. Mudiay is a prime example of that. Adding Parker really wouldn’t help the Knicks. The Knicks time frame is 3-4 maybe 5 years out. If the Knicks did the process they would be in a better position to get better sooner but they won’t do it. Maybe the lottery can help them this year or the new lottery system works better for them going forward.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/5/2018  8:55 AM
wargames wrote:God no I wouldn't pay him that much money...... that is a horrible HORRIBLE idea!

If I said the Knicks could get Jabari Parker for cash only a year ago-- the answer would've been no way. These acl seem to clear up well-- we have a md staff who can look at his films-- but if he is physically good and age is on his side-- I wouldn't let money for 2 years deter me-- if he gets injured-- we were on lottery path anyway-- so we move forward with the process of rebuilding. It's a no brainer if we can do it because the next choices are no where near as rewarding to the team. This is a young version of an athletic Carmelo

RIP Crushalot😞
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

4/5/2018  9:18 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
wargames wrote:God no I wouldn't pay him that much money...... that is a horrible HORRIBLE idea!

If I said the Knicks could get Jabari Parker for cash only a year ago-- the answer would've been no way. These acl seem to clear up well-- we have a md staff who can look at his films-- but if he is physically good and age is on his side-- I wouldn't let money for 2 years deter me-- if he gets injured-- we were on lottery path anyway-- so we move forward with the process of rebuilding. It's a no brainer if we can do it because the next choices are no where near as rewarding to the team. This is a young version of an athletic Carmelo

Beyond the health aspects of that move, I also question the fit as well. He's not a good defender, he doesn't fit well with KP as a PF since KP prefers the perimeter as well and there needs to be somebody in the paint. also for that money, they should go after Randle and Gordon who are both more consistent players and fit better with KP

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/5/2018  10:00 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

If he gets injured we are on a lottery path is the wrong approach it’s a set back in developing a long term solution. Developmental set back for player X. You can’t keep taking flyers the most important thing is creating and getting core players. That’s very important.

BRIGGS
4/5/2018  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2018  10:48 AM

This is Parker 2 days ago scoring 35. He looks bouncy athletic long skilled--hes a guy who can breakout for a long great career. Hes a perfect 4 man and we can groom KP for 5. The kid is 23.

Philidelphia stayed patient with Embiid who had three surgeries on his same foot.

You cant say watching this video from 2 days ago that this guy has an issue????

RIP Crushalot😞
MS
Member: #724
4/5/2018  10:55 AM
Terrible idea.

We are going to be bad again next year. All we have is our draft position right now, why jeopardize it for five more wins. And what happens when he gets hurt again and the free agent class of 2019 has some actual game changers, we can't sign because him and Noah and holding almost 46MM of our cap. Definitely not worth it.

BRIGGS
4/5/2018  2:36 PM
MS wrote:Terrible idea.

We are going to be bad again next year. All we have is our draft position right now, why jeopardize it for five more wins. And what happens when he gets hurt again and the free agent class of 2019 has some actual game changers, we can't sign because him and Noah and holding almost 46MM of our cap. Definitely not worth it.

This is a great opportunity for the knicks--the chance to get a VERY young talented player like this is not high. If Kanter opts out--we should really be all in here.

RIP Crushalot😞
wargames
Member: #6053

4/5/2018  3:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
MS wrote:Terrible idea.

This is a great opportunity for the knicks--the chance to get a VERY young talented player like this is not high. If Kanter opts out--we should really be all in here.

If you were arguing this for Randle and even AG I would support you, but Jabari doesn't fit with KP and is injury prone.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
4/5/2018  3:50 PM
No thanks. We aren't going to great in 2 years I'd rather not stretch Noah and get a worse draft pick in the process. Not to mention overpaying. We need to sign good value contracts so when we are ready to contend, we can overpay for a superstar to take us over the top. We've tried signing bad value deals first for 2 decades and it hasn't worked.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/5/2018  4:15 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:No thanks. We aren't going to great in 2 years I'd rather not stretch Noah and get a worse draft pick in the process. Not to mention overpaying. We need to sign good value contracts so when we are ready to contend, we can overpay for a superstar to take us over the top. We've tried signing bad value deals first for 2 decades and it hasn't worked.

+10000000000

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/5/2018  4:26 PM
Briggs, you tend to be a bit impulsive.
Lots of ideas but the reality is teams, and I mean all times have a capacity to make decisions and thus have limits to money and opportunities.
There is a price by which he might be a good value given the things you mentioned. Giving a guy nearly 50million over two years is a bit steep.
If he believes in himself he'll take a qualified offer for one year and stay in Mil and perhaps they can look at it at the end of next seasons.
Not sure what Milwaukee knows what they are dong coach wise either. Not sure what they think of their guards.
Yes, to get him you have to pay up big. Its a compelling concept Today but i'd say the draft will tell a tale for many franchises. If we draft a center, then we might be compelled to do this. IF Kanter opts back in and we draft one of the bridges? Or Trae young, well that just changes everything.
reub
Member: #6227

4/5/2018  5:34 PM
We should be signing guys like Hezonja and Jerami Grant instead. They should both cost a LOT less and give us a better chance to strike gold. High draft picks this year and next plus continuing to get younger and more talented will make us a very good team in 2019-2020. That should be our timeline.
BRIGGS
4/5/2018  6:00 PM
reub wrote:We should be signing guys like Hezonja and Jerami Grant instead. They should both cost a LOT less and give us a better chance to strike gold. High draft picks this year and next plus continuing to get younger and more talented will make us a very good team in 2019-2020. That should be our timeline.

In this league you only win big with certain types of players--you win 36 with those guys. Jabari can be an NBA star. In life there is risk reward--same with NBA.

RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Member: #6227

4/5/2018  6:58 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:We should be signing guys like Hezonja and Jerami Grant instead. They should both cost a LOT less and give us a better chance to strike gold. High draft picks this year and next plus continuing to get younger and more talented will make us a very good team in 2019-2020. That should be our timeline.

In this league you only win big with certain types of players--you win 36 with those guys. Jabari can be an NBA star. In life there is risk reward--same with NBA.

But I don't want to strive for mediocrity. If we stay bad next season (without much of KP) we can get a top pick to add to this year's plus some more developing youth. This is a better formula for future greatness. Parker might get us to .500 and cause us to lose out on a top draft pick.
BRIGGS
4/5/2018  7:21 PM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

But I don't want to strive for mediocrity. If we stay bad next season (without much of KP) we can get a top pick to add to this year's plus some more developing youth. This is a better formula for future greatness. Parker might get us to .500 and cause us to lose out on a top draft pick.

Knicks are getting top pick this year:) frontline AAyton KP Parker
RIP Crushalot😞
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/6/2018  3:35 AM
Randle.
blkexec
Member: #748
4/6/2018  6:08 AM
Briggs....you represent the old Layden days. Overpay for injured players based on age, like that makes a difference. He's knee isn't getting better, he's just over compensating with the surrounding parts. Based on our history alone with McDyess. And overpaying THj was another lesson learned. Adding Parker now is a move I see a young GM making, who doesn't understand our history and our direction.

Assuming Parker was healthy, I'm not convinced that KP is ready to be a 5. I rather treat KP like spurs did with Duncan. We need to draft Carter and allow KP to naturally grow into a 5. Carter might be 20, and already saying he's NBA ready....

Prior to Parkers injuries, and if KP was ready for a full time job at center, then I would agree with you. But.............Thats not the case. KP wants to and will play all over the floor. So he will try and stay agile and quick. He doesn't have that Kanter strength to bang down low all game, and then take a long 3 on the other end. KP needs his energy for offense....Let him do what he did last year, as a blind side shot blocker at the 4 position. Can Parker play SF?

Kanter??? / (Free Agent / Rookie)
KP
Parker
THj???
Burke???

I don't see it....You add Parker if he's a final piece. We have too many question marks in our starting lineup alone, and carrying too many large injury prone contracts like Noah.

What Perry is doing is perfect. Finding cheap labor like Burke and Troy. Stay the course and stop trying to be an old 1980s back seat driver.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/6/2018  6:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2018  7:07 AM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Its a dam good gamble

at 2 years for essentially the max, it's not a good gamble. This is a player who how been in the league for 4 years and only made it through about a year and a half at full throttle.

A good gamble would be signing Parker to a 2-3 year deal at the midlevel, not at $24M per.

He will never take that, honestly Its a not a bad gamble considered once Porzingis maxs out we will essentially be capped out and unable to sign anyone else anyway. Also with Noahs horrendous deal on the books for 2 more agonizing years whats the difference anyway. We basically can't compete unitl that garbage is off the books. It could be a home run, if it blows up we free up cap space when Noah comes off anyway. I would of rather made this deal than to sign Hardaway jr. Just don't let the contract outrun Noah and its a good idea. 2 years 48 million, team option for year 3.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/6/2018  7:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2018  7:46 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

This is Parker 2 days ago scoring 35. He looks bouncy athletic long skilled--hes a guy who can breakout for a long great career. Hes a perfect 4 man and we can groom KP for 5. The kid is 23.

Philidelphia stayed patient with Embiid who had three surgeries on his same foot.

He’s also scored 5 andb8 subsequently. Do you like Will Barton? I mean Jabari was dynamic and shows flashes but despite our seemingly permanent state of desperateness, we need to avoid the trap. Parker doesn’t play D. Doesn’t have quickness for the 3 slot. KP, coming off surgery, needs a defensively capable 3 and 5 as to place the defensive load on him Off surgery would be nothing less than foolish and Parker and Kanter would be a nightmare defensively in Jr frontcourt

BRIGGS
4/6/2018  8:08 AM
Paris907 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

He’s also scored 5 andb8 subsequently. Do you like Will Barton? I mean Jabari was dynamic and shows flashes but despite our seemingly permanent state of desperateness, we need to avoid the trap. Parker doesn’t play D. Doesn’t have quickness for the 3 slot. KP, coming off surgery, needs a defensively capable 3 and 5 as to place the defensive load on him Off surgery would be nothing less than foolish and Parker and Kanter would be a nightmare defensively in Jr frontcourt

We can go after hezonga but I don't think he is close to what Parker can be. It's going to take Parker 6 more months to be whole-- he'll still be 23. I think Parker in the right spot could still be special. A point that is made-- once we sign kp it will be difficult to sign a major player.

RIP Crushalot😞
Should we offer Jabari Parker 2 years 48mm with option for 3?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy