[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

context for Trey Burke... good players after lame NBA career starts
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/3/2018  2:49 PM
Only focused on guards as front court players really have a different set of challenges than PGs

Reggie Jackson had two empty years before popping
Kyle Lowry was pretty quiet first 3-4 years before he low end rotation guy to all star caliber

Maybe the most hopeful is Goran Dragic whos first 5 years in the NBA were about as underwhelming as Burke's. His first year with Pho he really broke out. His 2nd year with Pho was all star caliber playing under none other than Hornacek.

Could Burke be our Dragic? Plug him in for 15ppg, 8assists and shooting 48% for next year?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/3/2018  3:01 PM
Chauncey Billups is the ultimate case study on a guy that looked like a bust that then turned into a star. Multiple teams gave up on him. He didn't turn it around until he was 25.. which happens to be how old Burke is now. It doesn't always click right away
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/3/2018  3:05 PM
fishmike wrote:Only focused on guards as front court players really have a different set of challenges than PGs

Reggie Jackson had two empty years before popping
Kyle Lowry was pretty quiet first 3-4 years before he low end rotation guy to all star caliber

Maybe the most hopeful is Goran Dragic whos first 5 years in the NBA were about as underwhelming as Burke's. His first year with Pho he really broke out. His 2nd year with Pho was all star caliber playing under none other than Hornacek.

Could Burke be our Dragic? Plug him in for 15ppg, 8assists and shooting 48% for next year?

I think those numbers are fair once KP comes back. I think his jump in production is legit.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/3/2018  3:46 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:Chauncey Billups is the ultimate case study on a guy that looked like a bust that then turned into a star. Multiple teams gave up on him. He didn't turn it around until he was 25.. which happens to be how old Burke is now. It doesn't always click right away

disagree... Billups had bad shooting #s but he was productive player his first couple years. He could play... first 3 years he was like a 5/5/4 guy who could play D. The big thing was his role... was he a PG? But Billups was still putting up good #s.

...AAAAND (I just rechecked Burke's #s)

You are more right than I thought. For some reason I though Burke's #s were much lower but his first couple years w/ the Jazz he was more productive than I thought.

Problem with Burke is hiding him on defense but he's showing to be a fantastic offensive player. The low TOs considering his usage are the key for me.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/3/2018  4:13 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Chauncey Billups is the ultimate case study on a guy that looked like a bust that then turned into a star. Multiple teams gave up on him. He didn't turn it around until he was 25.. which happens to be how old Burke is now. It doesn't always click right away

disagree... Billups had bad shooting #s but he was productive player his first couple years. He could play... first 3 years he was like a 5/5/4 guy who could play D. The big thing was his role... was he a PG? But Billups was still putting up good #s.

You are more right than I thought. For some reason I though Burke's #s were much lower but his first couple years w/ the Jazz he was more productive than I thought.

Problem with Burke is hiding him on defense but he's showing to be a fantastic offensive player. The low TOs considering his usage are the key for me.

thank you for re-clarifying. My point was that PG is not an easy position. Sometimes it just takes some time. I know Mudiay hasn't looked great but I think it was a smart move to bring in lotto PGs whose stock was low. I'm pretty sure Perry learned that trick in Detroit

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/3/2018  4:25 PM
Hopefully it clicks soon for Chauncey as an announcer/studio host.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/3/2018  4:34 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

thank you for re-clarifying. My point was that PG is not an easy position. Sometimes it just takes some time. I know Mudiay hasn't looked great but I think it was a smart move to bring in lotto PGs whose stock was low. I'm pretty sure Perry learned that trick in Detroit

I can't believe he sat this long, it just made no sense when JH goal was to up the pace.

I also think it take the right kind of vets to have around young players, and im not talking washed up vets, im talking very productive ones in their prime like KG was to Billups.

Burkes play can be good for a player like frank

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/3/2018  4:48 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Didn't Chauncey also have issues with alcoholism early on? Speaks to the maturity issues these guys have coming in. Boston was also a pretty toxic situation at the time

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/3/2018  5:20 PM
fishmike wrote:

Was about to point out that Burkes #s in Utah were better than most think but you beat me to it...Burke is not aa bad on the defensive end as most make him out to be, he is improving and putting in tremendous effort on that end of the floor...also, he is on record saying he needs to improve his D so he is aware...

Im all for turning over the keys to team to Burke. He's a scoring lead gaurd who plays down hill and can get any shot he wants from anywhere on the court. Hes a willing passer and he gives us that perimeter scoring threat to go along with KP....I think he can give us 18 & 8 next yr...Now its up to Perry to add complimentary pieces that can shoot and play D...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/3/2018  5:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I can't believe he sat this long, it just made no sense when JH goal was to up the pace.

I also think it take the right kind of vets to have around young players, and im not talking washed up vets, im talking very productive ones in their prime like KG was to Billups.

How was his first games when he was called up? Not so great, some good, some DNP
You can't give any credit to JH for how Burkes season finished? It was a process.
When you know the result, its easy to say "if he gave him more time it would have happened sooner".
But you don't know the end result in January, you don't know until it happens.
Months later your so wise with hindsight.
Its the best ball he has played in his career.
By proxy, Jeff Hornacek makes you look bad. Its ironic.
Facts matter. When your void of them its best to say nothing.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/3/2018  5:38 PM
fishmike wrote:

I'm gladyou pointed out the assumption that Burke was a flat out bum... he had mediocre numbers of 12 and 5 his first two years... as a starter. The whole story with him is his attitudeand the fact Utah wanted Dante exum to be the star was his downfall in Utah.

In new York, it's not like burke is shooting 43% in 31 games.... he's shooting 51% with 38% from 3... he's not chucking... he's actually doing alot of making... plus he's putting up big assist and points.... people keep talking about defense... Detroit kept trying to post him and Burke was not letting them take advantage. Even the Detroit announcers said as much. Burke is showing he is ready to blossom.

On the social media tip.... the dude is out there in the nyc streets mixing and mingling with alot of icons. He's getting alot of respect out there. Not just because of his play... he's actually a really good kid. God fearing and a humble listener. We may have got the jackpot

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

4/3/2018  5:55 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

How was his first games when he was called up? Not so great, some good, some DNP
You can't give any credit to JH for how Burkes season finished? It was a process.
When you know the result, its easy to say "if he gave him more time it would have happened sooner".

Burke had back to back 18pt games on his 5th and 6th appearance.... he's been shooting 51% all year. His assists numbers are great... when you are void of facts it's best to shut the **** up

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/3/2018  5:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/3/2018  5:56 PM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I'm gladyou pointed out the assumption that Burke was a flat out bum... he had mediocre numbers of 12 and 5 his first two years... as a starter. The whole story with him is his attitudeand the fact Utah wanted Dante exum to be the star was his downfall in Utah.

In new York, it's not like burke is shooting 43% in 31 games.... he's shooting 51% with 38% from 3... he's not chucking... he's actually doing alot of making... plus he's putting up big assist and points.... people keep talking about defense... Detroit kept trying to post him and Burke was not letting them take advantage. Even the Detroit announcers said as much. Burke is showing he is ready to blossom.

On the social media tip.... the dude is out there in the nyc streets mixing and mingling with alot of icons. He's getting alot of respect out there. Not just because of his play... he's actually a really good kid. God fearing and a humble listener. We may have got the jackpot

Easy to root for this dude...Im mos def pulling for him....he is getting a ton of love on the streets. Through the losses and KP injury, Burke has been a bright spot...Im hoping we did hit the jackpot, this franchise desperately needs it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/3/2018  6:27 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Burke had back to back 18pt games on his 5th and 6th appearance.... he's been shooting 51% all year. His assists numbers are great... when you are void of facts it's best to shut the **** up

Eny, when did this become the way to post on this forum? Cut it out.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
Member: #748
4/3/2018  6:49 PM

Even for casual players like myself.....when I turned 25......it was the beginning of dominance. Never played college ball.....but was invited to a nba camp by another nba player who I played with all summer. That's when your basketball IQ catches up to your physical gifts. We are the late bloomers.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EnySpree

4/3/2018  7:20 PM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I said the same thing he said without a thesaurus

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/3/2018  7:44 PM
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I said the same thing he said without a thesaurus

time to dust off your thesaurus

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/3/2018  9:39 PM
Trey is for real. it took him a bit to mature and he got humbled.

NY is ok in the backcourt with Burke, Frank, Hardaway and Dotson. If they can get a solid combo guard in the 2nd round that would be smart too.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2018  8:29 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

you can pull those muthaphucking bitch ass **** facts out the ass you want to paint a picture of and circle jerk the shyt out of it with Knicks1248 to satisfy anal retentive facts if you want but it don’t change the phucking shyt out of the got damn muthaphucking concept of butch ass conversation I have with lying ass muthaphucking JH hating fool for his own self gradifcation poster who likes to blow himself then brag he “Got some”! That not you Eny, is it?
You want to jump in the shyt convo with diarrhea of the mouth cuz you grumpy is on you.
Me, You can fire JH, blame him for everything but he gets cred for Burke.

Better languge art for today?

blkexec
Member: #748
4/4/2018  9:02 AM
Nalod wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

you can pull those muthaphucking bitch ass **** facts out the ass you want to paint a picture of and circle jerk the shyt out of it with Knicks1248 to satisfy anal retentive facts if you want but it don’t change the phucking shyt out of the got damn muthaphucking concept of butch ass conversation I have with lying ass muthaphucking JH hating fool for his own self gradifcation poster who likes to blow himself then brag he “Got some”! That not you Eny, is it?
You want to jump in the shyt convo with diarrhea of the mouth cuz you grumpy is on you.
Me, You can fire JH, blame him for everything but he gets cred for Burke.

Better languge art for today?

Come on fellas.....Lets be a better example to these new members. You guys been around the block too long for this type of dialogue.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
context for Trey Burke... good players after lame NBA career starts

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy