[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It was never the system
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/30/2018  4:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/30/2018  4:25 PM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:What part of NO TRADE CLAUSE did you geniuses miss? You have to be kidding me with this crap. Phil was going to trade Melo for a bag of chips. We got one of the best low post scorer, rebounders in the league, no long term garbage back. Just because you wanted a player doesnt mean that the other team was going to give them up.

The antiquated system that was very unpopular with players, and force fed on a coach who had no experience with it, wasnt a problem? Join a fing cult already. Get a Triangle branded on your butt, while you're at it.

80-166

Once the destination was set no trade clause doesn’t even enter into equation. The fact that they wanted him badly to be on their team was more than evident. Knicks simply lacked the negotiating skill to close a better deal.

Wrong. Melo had to approve of the deal first. He wasnt going to accept a trade to a team he saw as shorthanded, because of what was going the other way. Defeats the purpose of forcing a trade to a contender. Perry waited a long time, and pulled the trigger on the best deal Melo's NTC would allow.

Other teams knew that Perry was hamstrung. Asking too much for a player you yourself have thought so little of.

AUTOADVERT
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

3/30/2018  5:00 PM
Lol oh my I understand that losing sucks and its human nature to look at things like they always will be down when you are down but every body knew the rickets wanted melo for Ryan Anderson's fckef up contract and a washing machine and case of bud light and half the ppl were ready to accept it just to have him gone. Instead we got a low post scorer that tho his defense lacks has been a very good consistent player at his positon putting up great numbers while exhibiting toughness that hasn't been seen since the 90's and eben of he ppts in his contact end's I think not yo sure when niah ends so tata like 50 million off the books lol. Perry s doing nicely.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/30/2018  6:59 PM
GustavBahler wrote:What part of NO TRADE CLAUSE did you geniuses miss? You have to be kidding me with this crap. Phil was going to trade Melo for a bag of chips. We got one of the best low post scorer, rebounders in the league, no long term garbage back. Just because you wanted a player doesnt mean that the other team was going to give them up.

The antiquated system that was very unpopular with players, and force fed on a coach who had no experience with it, wasnt a problem? Join a fing cult already. Get a Triangle branded on your butt, while you're at it.

80-166

+10000

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/31/2018  7:53 AM
In retrospect it was a combo of many things but the fact is there were some good decisions that just did not work.
Noah was a bad decision because length of contract and statistical odds given his injury history did not add up.
Resigning Melo was a good decision that just did not work for many reasons. Rose was a good low risk decision that did not work. IT was an opportunity.
JH is now on record saying Free agents did not want in because of the system.
One can conclude it was a big part of the problem. I guess if the talent was there Like He had in Chicago and LA the system can inhance. IT did work.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/31/2018  9:04 AM
Nalod wrote:In retrospect it was a combo of many things but the fact is there were some good decisions that just did not work.
Noah was a bad decision because length of contract and statistical odds given his injury history did not add up.
Resigning Melo was a good decision that just did not work for many reasons. Rose was a good low risk decision that did not work. IT was an opportunity.
One can conclude it was a big part of the problem. I guess if the talent was there Like He had in Chicago and LA the system can inhance. IT did work.

That was not BREAKING NEWS.

You know what else i think is pretty stupid, saying your building a team of players 25 or under.

https://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~lgenes01/nba/findings.html

Throughout NBA history, the teams that win championships have almost always done so with the right mix of skilled players and veteran talent. Ability alone is not enough to win a title. Given this fact, the teams that are expected to win championships generally have at least few players who would be classified as "old."

Thats why Im not convince mills knows what he is doing, lets get young players and wait until they are 28 to start winning

ES
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/31/2018  10:42 AM
Nalod wrote:In retrospect it was a combo of many things but the fact is there were some good decisions that just did not work.
He was awful.
https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/28/16042096/phil-jackson-worst-knicks-gm-16ecd694bf13
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
It was never the system

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy