It's going to be very hard competing w Philly and boston
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/29/2018  2:20 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:I thought the model was GSW? Or the rockets?
Today its The 76ers.
ITs so easy isn’t it?

He didn't say model.... he just saying that they will be top teams in the east. We have to compete with them if we want to advance in the east. We literally won't get close to even squaring up until 2019/2020 season

If you go back, briggs will tell you we needed to replicate GSW. Maybe im stretching the rockets.
If yougo way back I said 4 years ago Philly would win a chip before us and this was when they were messing up big time.
I don't have the link. Is said it because the model of deep value drafting takes time. The key to Philly this year is Covington maturing and JJ in the line up.
Need those vets blended in.
Briggs is impressionable. We all are.
Its what we can't see that will make all the difference. Its why if Frank pans out we get to ride your ass for 10 years! LOL!!
If he busts, we can say "we are snake bit, and you were right!" but after a few weeks we move on. But every "Player of the month" Frank wins will bug you!!!

Man, just joking!!! THings happen along the way, GSW gets an injury bug and Rockets stay healthy? That's a twist. Harden last year got over used and GSW got Durant!!
CP3 usually fries up by season end. Irving done for the year and Haywood is not returning. Lebron so much is not 110% and Raptors walk into finals. Top 4 outwest dukes it out might be weakend and Raptors go physical and its theirs to take. Long season, shyt happens!

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
USA
3/29/2018  4:10 PM
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Especially when having a discussion with a manic depressive.
Ok, that was mean. Caffeine, not cocaine.....
Wait, did Knicks1248 actually pivot to Donnie walsh? Is the knicks some how organically have the same disposition despite 8 years and three administration changes?
ALso, how the phuch do we blow it up if there is noting to blow up?
Is the Celtics great because of Tatum? Would they have been with Fultz? Trade KP, a 22 year old allstar?
Then the conversation would be "we need all stars"!!!
Open concept circle jerking is the fans prerogative.
Nobody says "Knicks are the team of the future". Philly is 6 years into this makeover and only now making the playoffs.
How impressionable is "Breen said"..........THat is
Breen is good, but he was talking about philly's drafting blue chips and moving on. Big difference. Just shows you how hard it is to draft. What did philly do that worked? Kept at it, stuck to a plan and basically are 2-5 in the draft. Simmons-Embiid are good. OKa4 and Norlens gone. Fultz is undecided. Trading KP could be a disaster. Another open concept way for a fan to promote "Im smarter than knicks in hindsight, good for me"!
Take Saric as example! He required patience to get him here and develop. He had a good game. Impressionable? ain't like Briggy be talking up Saric for 3 years has he?
Look at some of you talking about rebuilding and shytting all over Frank while preaching patience.
Knicks looked great last nite when Burke didn't miss but when cold he shot us out of the game. He hit 50% but the eye test was not pretty when he got cold. Im not saying dump him, but my point is he needed to contribute in other ways if he gets cold. Frank had some good defensive moments last nite that was impressive if you like that sort of thing.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/29/2018  4:13 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:this is the first year of a new front office. This is the first time since I have followed the Knicks (late 80s) the world rebuild has ever been used. The only vets this FO has brought in are ones willing to work with young players, which Jack/Beasley (Sessions was also) were. The only commitment was to Hardaway who at $17mm is... OK. Kanter is 25 and has had some huge games vs. Embiid already so Im not sure what you are looking at there aside from the usual sky is falling.

Knicks are NOT where Boston or Philly are. There is no relevance in comparing them. You mentioned Noel, OK, Williams... How long where all those guys in Phili? Longer than the 12 minutes your ideas last.

The only strategy here should be how to build around KP successfully so we are a playoff-bound team when he is 100% healthy by surrounding him with good, young pieces. Any reaction from Briggs and others alike who say offer IT a big contract, blow it all up by trading KP, or whatever will always be a knee-jerk reaction to another lost season in the win-column. That is what rebuilding is, taking the lumps until you get it right. KP has an entire career ahead of him, there is no rush or need to make another franchise-altering direction. We know what the direction of the front office is, adding talent in the 20-25 age range and hope to hit on some of them. Debating other directions after each game is pointless.

There havent been any quick fix moves to make the playoffs. Were stockpiling picks. G league development is having a positive impact on the team. Players and mgmt are more or less on the same page. This is how its done.

Exactly right. But because we aren't the Celtics or Sixers already, we must be doing it all wrong!!!

To add: For me, how the front office handles the next 2 drafts, KOQ/Kanter/Lee over the next 2 seasons, mid-level signings, free agent cap space signings in 2019 will tell us a lot about their capability.

Next 2 drafts will be make or break for this organization moving forward.

For me: Kanter/KOQ/Lee

Maybe it's me, but having Kanter as your starter, next to KP, with a poor man version of KP off the bench? That's got to be one of the softest defensive units in the NBA. Lance Thomas is a solid player to have. He guards all the best players in the NBA, and does ok hitting a few jumpers. But If Kanter and Lance are in the starting lineup, then we will always be behind the elite teams.

Same things I said about Melo is the same with KP. We need players around KP that fill his weaknesses. KP is a good shot blocker, but he can't protect the rim, and leak out on fastbreaks and try to be this offensive all star. We need a shot blocker and a center that plays defense, instead of standing under the rim looking for a charge, just to get posturized.

Lance Thomas should be sitting next to Jack, getting ready for an assistant coaching position. Watching the game yesterday made it clear to me. This team goes as far as Lance offense goes (he's open for a reason). This team goes as far as Kanters rim protection (too easy to score on Kanter). A healthy KP covered up these weaknesses before he went down. Now they are exposed again, which is good. Maybe now without KP, management can clearly see where the holes are. Center and SF....Defense, Athletes, Catch and shoot players.

I think you and I are in agreement but I can't tell?

All three need to be gone from the Knicks if we are building a deep playoff team. And THJr needs to come off the bench.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
3/29/2018  4:17 PM
THjr comes off the bench when we have better players for him to support.
Draft the best player regardless of position.
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
3/29/2018  4:52 PM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:this is the first year of a new front office. This is the first time since I have followed the Knicks (late 80s) the world rebuild has ever been used. The only vets this FO has brought in are ones willing to work with young players, which Jack/Beasley (Sessions was also) were. The only commitment was to Hardaway who at $17mm is... OK. Kanter is 25 and has had some huge games vs. Embiid already so Im not sure what you are looking at there aside from the usual sky is falling.

Knicks are NOT where Boston or Philly are. There is no relevance in comparing them. You mentioned Noel, OK, Williams... How long where all those guys in Phili? Longer than the 12 minutes your ideas last.

The only strategy here should be how to build around KP successfully so we are a playoff-bound team when he is 100% healthy by surrounding him with good, young pieces. Any reaction from Briggs and others alike who say offer IT a big contract, blow it all up by trading KP, or whatever will always be a knee-jerk reaction to another lost season in the win-column. That is what rebuilding is, taking the lumps until you get it right. KP has an entire career ahead of him, there is no rush or need to make another franchise-altering direction. We know what the direction of the front office is, adding talent in the 20-25 age range and hope to hit on some of them. Debating other directions after each game is pointless.

There havent been any quick fix moves to make the playoffs. Were stockpiling picks. G league development is having a positive impact on the team. Players and mgmt are more or less on the same page. This is how its done.

Exactly right. But because we aren't the Celtics or Sixers already, we must be doing it all wrong!!!

To add: For me, how the front office handles the next 2 drafts, KOQ/Kanter/Lee over the next 2 seasons, mid-level signings, free agent cap space signings in 2019 will tell us a lot about their capability.

For me: Kanter/KOQ/Lee

Maybe it's me, but having Kanter as your starter, next to KP, with a poor man version of KP off the bench? That's got to be one of the softest defensive units in the NBA. Lance Thomas is a solid player to have. He guards all the best players in the NBA, and does ok hitting a few jumpers. But If Kanter and Lance are in the starting lineup, then we will always be behind the elite teams.

Same things I said about Melo is the same with KP. We need players around KP that fill his weaknesses. KP is a good shot blocker, but he can't protect the rim, and leak out on fastbreaks and try to be this offensive all star. We need a shot blocker and a center that plays defense, instead of standing under the rim looking for a charge, just to get posturized.

Lance Thomas should be sitting next to Jack, getting ready for an assistant coaching position. Watching the game yesterday made it clear to me. This team goes as far as Lance offense goes (he's open for a reason). This team goes as far as Kanters rim protection (too easy to score on Kanter). A healthy KP covered up these weaknesses before he went down. Now they are exposed again, which is good. Maybe now without KP, management can clearly see where the holes are. Center and SF....Defense, Athletes, Catch and shoot players.

All three need to be gone from the Knicks if we are building a deep playoff team. And THJr needs to come off the bench.

I agree

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/29/2018  7:01 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Just in our own division for the next 7-8 years. I don't know how well find the talent philly has. The bottom line is the pain they went through was worth it. The chances and patience they had was worth it. They also like Bremen said tonight cut ties quick w high picks. This is going to be a championship team if healthy one day soon-- wish we could've taken the same path.

I totally agree with you. The Knicks don’t have a plan in place to do what is necessary. Phil got them two to work with. In KP and Frank the rest from this point in is all crap shoot. They are going to throw shyt at the wall and hope it sticks.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/29/2018  7:28 PM
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Just in our own division for the next 7-8 years. I don't know how well find the talent philly has. The bottom line is the pain they went through was worth it. The chances and patience they had was worth it. They also like Bremen said tonight cut ties quick w high picks. This is going to be a championship team if healthy one day soon-- wish we could've taken the same path.

I totally agree with you. The Knicks don’t have a plan in place to do what is necessary. Phil got them two to work with. In KP and Frank the rest from this point in is all crap shoot. They are going to throw shyt at the wall and hope it sticks.

It's always a head scratcher for me when someone says that someone else doesn't have a plan in place when they have zero idea of what is going on behind the scenes.

The Knicks have a plan. It may not be a good one and may fail, all teams go through that.

By all accounts, they have a very good GLeague team and have invested there.

They have drafted and brought up a lot of guards that are defensive minded. IMHO THJr was a flat mistake but could be that Mills/Knicks felt like they needed some sort of upgrade/shot in the arm to help team out and maybe he was also a player on the upswing.

Knicks have 2 drafts coming up and lots of players coming off cap in that same timeframe. IF, and it's a big if, if they play it right and nail 2 more solid players through draft (and let's be frank, one of those guys REALLY needs to pan out), and they are able to snag a max player, they are on their way.

Lots of IFs and they need another BIG break.

Let's see how they handle KOQ/Kanter/Lee.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/29/2018  8:06 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

So what exactly do you call what walsh do.

You think sitting on your hands waiting for the lottery is how your going to get better(is that your love affair with the process), it takes trades, FA, coaching, gambles, luck, and a commitment to winning

Has this front office proven they are capaable of that?

they tried it your way for 15 years and it never worked. Im glad they are doing it a different way and not making those stupid trades they used to make throwing away constant picks/youth for bloated contracts

You have to make trades dude, no one is saying they had to be like yrs pass, but your going to have to get those key pieces through trades, and there's going to be some sacrificing involve. If you sit on your hands and make minor trades like they did with willy and mudiay, lateral moves that sustain the losing culture, your pretty much going to GET FIRED in NYC, and its like that with mostly all the TEAMS.

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/29/2018  8:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You think sitting on your hands waiting for the lottery is how your going to get better(is that your love affair with the process), it takes trades, FA, coaching, gambles, luck, and a commitment to winning

they tried it your way for 15 years and it never worked. Im glad they are doing it a different way and not making those stupid trades they used to make throwing away constant picks/youth for bloated contracts

You have to make trades dude, no one is saying they had to be like yrs pass, but your going to have to get those key pieces through trades, and there's going to be some sacrificing involve. If you sit on your hands and make minor trades like they did with willy and mudiay, lateral moves that sustain the losing culture, your pretty much going to GET FIRED in NYC, and its like that with mostly all the TEAMS.

what players? Who's changing the losing culture? Guys you have mentioned in the past... Bringing back Rose, Bledsoe, Kemba Walker... Who else? You understand that other NBA are not looking to help out the Knicks? Serious I am wondering if you do understand this...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/29/2018  8:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2018  8:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Believe you were expecting too much in year one of Perry. Putting aside your views about Melo (some of which I share) Melo wanted a shot at a ring. Perry made it happen, working around the NTC. Putting aside the players we got, he didnt add long term cap killing contracts. You think you know who would have done the same?

I believe Perry approached his first season in NY like a doctor. "Do no harm" . Perry wants to evaluate the team, irs structure, see what the Knicks have. Watch the games. Its how you find a player like Burke, who could have been shipped as part of a sudden retooling effort.

Then work in the offseason on maybe making bigger changes. Hitting the ground running sounds good, but it can lead to hasty decisions.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/29/2018  8:29 PM
The Knicks are about to add their 3rd top 10 Draft pick in the last 4 years. Not this regimes fault that they didn't have a 1st rd pick in 2016, but KP in 2015, Frank 2017 and this 2018 Pick is a good start given what we had to work with. Kudos to Philly and Boston for stockpiling picks and building good teams. There's no point crying over their success. Just focus on building this team the right way.

I trust this regime based on what i've seen since Perry came on board. They've been looking at the right KIND of players and I think they have a handle on what they need to improve this team. IMO Scooping up Burke, Mudiay and Troy are the right kind of moves given what they had to work with. Knicks are actually using the G League and have a great farm team. One of the good things that Phil did and this regime has continued the process.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/29/2018  8:49 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:

It's always a head scratcher for me when someone says that someone else doesn't have a plan in place when they have zero idea of what is going on behind the scenes.

The Knicks have a plan. It may not be a good one and may fail, all teams go through that.

By all accounts, they have a very good GLeague team and have invested there.

They have drafted and brought up a lot of guards that are defensive minded. IMHO THJr was a flat mistake but could be that Mills/Knicks felt like they needed some sort of upgrade/shot in the arm to help team out and maybe he was also a player on the upswing.

Knicks have 2 drafts coming up and lots of players coming off cap in that same timeframe. IF, and it's a big if, if they play it right and nail 2 more solid players through draft (and let's be frank, one of those guys REALLY needs to pan out), and they are able to snag a max player, they are on their way.

Lots of IFs and they need another BIG break.

Let's see how they handle KOQ/Kanter/Lee.

Yes Martin I don’t have a clue and your all in. What is is the plan since I don’t know and maybe you do? Tell me almighty what is the plan. It sure as hell ain’t the draft. You guys have answers right. I’ll tell you what the plan is the next free agent that wants to sign here is the plan he doesn’t even have to be good. It shocks me how blindly Knicks fans follow without questioning. If Mudiay is your plan man are we screwed. Unless the the Knicks pull a rabbit out of their ass and get lottery luck. We are so f’ing screwed.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/29/2018  8:55 PM
They could have been even better earlier than this if they didn't draft the same position over a 3 yr span.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/29/2018  9:02 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Also there is no fantasy plan getting around what Philly has--what Boston has. They have a swarm of hugely talented players. Being good enough to get this level of pick 8-9-10---it aint good(bad) enuff. Were a team thats stuck in the upper lower tier of teams--maybe the worst spot and capped out.

Briggs every year there are stars drafted 9 or later. You want to rebuild, which means you also need to be patient, which you are never able to do. You want IT etc. That's not the answer, and neither is being so bad you get a top pick. Compete and draft the BPA and hope for striking gold.

I endorse this plan, but also think winning meaningless, lottery-****ing games late in a lost season is pennywise and pound foolish. Lose to win when the end is nye. Don't **** with the ping pong balls.

These teasm are funny. Dont lose--yeah it cost the Jets three high draft picks to move up 3 spots. How about lose one more frikin game?

Earlier in the season you were upset at fans that were asking for the tank that early. Can't have it both ways bruh.

Knicks won games earlier in the yr off of effort, KP breaking out, and a ton of home games. We had Jack starting at PG and THjr starting at SF. Only way to have lost more games early in the season would have been to tell KP not be have been so good. That early in the season to much evaluating going on to purposely have lost games. Right now Knicks are playing guys like Burke, Frank, Williams, Kornet, Hicks, Mudiay. That's all that can be asked.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
3/29/2018  9:50 PM
nixluva wrote:The Knicks are about to add their 3rd top 10 Draft pick in the last 4 years. Not this regimes fault that they didn't have a 1st rd pick in 2016, but KP in 2015, Frank 2017 and this 2018 Pick is a good start given what we had to work with. Kudos to Philly and Boston for stockpiling picks and building good teams. There's no point crying over their success. Just focus on building this team the right way.

I trust this regime based on what i've seen since Perry came on board. They've been looking at the right KIND of players and I think they have a handle on what they need to improve this team. IMO Scooping up Burke, Mudiay and Troy are the right kind of moves given what they had to work with. Knicks are actually using the G League and have a great farm team. One of the good things that Phil did and this regime has continued the process.

You do realize that the sixers have two players they drafted that are both in essentially their 1st full season and have put the franchise 14 games over 500. where have our 2 high draft picks but guess where they landed us, back in the draft.

I don't know how you can be gun hoe about the up incoming draft when this same team perry/mills haven't be able to get it right.

No risk, no reward

ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/29/2018  10:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2018  10:33 PM
blkexec wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:I thought the model was GSW? Or the rockets?
Today its The 76ers.
ITs so easy isn’t it?

He didn't say model.... he just saying that they will be top teams in the east. We have to compete with them if we want to advance in the east. We literally won't get close to even squaring up until 2019/2020 season

I meant to respond to ur other response spree.....

In other words.....when your 1 of the top 10 worse teams in the leagur, starting a thread about Philly and Boston is crazy. We've lost games to bad teams b4 and made the opponent look like Philly and Boston. Before we had to build a team to compete with the warriors. B4 that we had to build a team like Miami....with all superstars. Now we have to build a team to compete with Philly and bos??? I just hope this new manage is smarter than that. So far it looks that way. We have to have our own style. Need to clean up the key positions like PG and Center. Our defense at those two positions is just as critical as the offense. Our problem is bigger that Philly and boston.

I'm LMAO because this comes across like another boring day in the office for briggs...so I'll just create a thread about chasing Philly and Boston? First we have to stop getting in our own way. Then we have to beat the bad teams instead of making every bad team look like an all star team. Philly and Boston? sometimes i felt like we couldnt beat a college team.....One step at a time.

It's one step at a time but whenever we get it together, which is sooner than later.... I'm thinking 2 seasons, were going to have to face somebody. It's going to be Boston and Philly...

I'm not saying we have to build a team like them or focused on matching their players.... we just have to get better however we're gonna get better. Whatever that looks like is going to have to face these guys. That's our direct competition just like in any era. That's our roadblocks going forward... our Indiana and Chicago from the 90s... all roads are going to have to go through Boston and Philly the next 5 years in the East.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
3/29/2018  10:32 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

what players? Who's changing the losing culture? Guys you have mentioned in the past... Bringing back Rose, Bledsoe, Kemba Walker... Who else? You understand that other NBA are not looking to help out the Knicks? Serious I am wondering if you do understand this...

what do you mean no NBA team is trying to help out the knicks...smh

" WINNING IS NOT A PRIORITY FOR THE FRONT OFFICE", And you have to win in order to have stability, no job is safe in a losing environment (player, coach, GM, Prez). It brings negativity, low moral, selfishness, minimal communication, and most important CONSTANT CHAnGE, everything you have had a front row seat to witness over the last 5 seasons.

3 yrs, that's all you have and 2 of those years have to be playoffs, even if it's a low seed. (see jh contract as an example)

ES
Nalod
USA
3/30/2018  12:10 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

what do you mean no NBA team is trying to help out the knicks...smh

" WINNING IS NOT A PRIORITY FOR THE FRONT OFFICE", And you have to win in order to have stability, no job is safe in a losing environment (player, coach, GM, Prez). It brings negativity, low moral, selfishness, minimal communication, and most important CONSTANT CHAnGE, everything you have had a front row seat to witness over the last 5 seasons.

3 yrs, that's all you have and 2 of those years have to be playoffs, even if it's a low seed. (see jh contract as an example)

"I'm confused"
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/30/2018  8:16 AM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

For me: KantPart/KOQ/Lee

I'm curious - what do you think the Knicks should do if Kanter opts out? Part of me would be happy with him back at a reasonable rate. Part of me worries that if they don't bring him back, they will lock the money up to add another talent similar to THjr- and that would be horrible because we just don't have enough talent to lock up salary on non-franchise changing talent..

blkexec
Member: #748
3/30/2018  8:55 AM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

For me: KantPart/KOQ/Lee

I'm curious - what do you think the Knicks should do if Kanter opts out? Part of me would be happy with him back at a reasonable rate. Part of me worries that if they don't bring him back, they will lock the money up to add another talent similar to THjr- and that would be horrible because we just don't have enough talent to lock up salary on non-franchise changing talent..

Let me clarify....im ok if Kanter and lance comes back.....just not as a starter long-term. Give them the Jarred Jack treatment until someone is ready to replace them.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
It's going to be very hard competing w Philly and boston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy