[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It's going to be very hard competing w Philly and boston
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/28/2018  9:32 PM
Just in our own division for the next 7-8 years. I don't know how well find the talent philly has. The bottom line is the pain they went through was worth it. The chances and patience they had was worth it. They also like Bremen said tonight cut ties quick w high picks. This is going to be a championship team if healthy one day soon-- wish we could've taken the same path.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/28/2018  11:57 PM
Briggs- glad you brought this up. I was thinking the same thing listening to the game. We are at least 5 years away from having the talent that Philly has today. And people are excited about maxing out Trey Burke. It's a band aid on a gun shot wound. As a franchise, we are simply so ****ed it is not even funny. Should have traded KP to Boston for a bundle of picks.

The talent and athletic gap is so vast, that the best we can hope for in the near term is an over achieving 38 win team that gets swept if it makes the play offs.

I wish Adam Silver would do something to save the Knicks. I don't see hope, I don't see being a fan anymore...

BRIGGS
3/29/2018  12:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2018  12:24 AM
franco12 wrote:Briggs- glad you brought this up. I was thinking the same thing listening to the game. We are at least 5 years away from having the talent that Philly has today. And people are excited about maxing out Trey Burke. It's a band aid on a gun shot wound. As a franchise, we are simply so ****ed it is not even funny. Should have traded KP to Boston for a bundle of picks.

The talent and athletic gap is so vast, that the best we can hope for in the near term is an over achieving 38 win team that gets swept if it makes the play offs.

I wish Adam Silver would do something to save the Knicks. I don't see hope, I don't see being a fan anymore...

We could use the number 1 pick. A 3 and D player in the lottery is NOT what Philly did.

Let me add to that--Philly will know what its team is for a long time--those guys are stuck for years--their core of Saric Embiid Simmons Fultz Carrington--that might be the best in the nBA.

RIP Crushalot😞
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
3/29/2018  12:38 AM
Last time I checked....we are the 9th worse team in the nba.....Philly and Boston??? LMAO
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BRIGGS
3/29/2018  1:24 AM
blkexec wrote:Last time I checked....we are the 9th worse team in the nba.....Philly and Boston??? LMAO

I dont know how funny it will be in another decade

We almost need to do the same thing they did but weve resisted it.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/29/2018  1:33 AM
Also there is no fantasy plan getting around what Philly has--what Boston has. They have a swarm of hugely talented players. Being good enough to get this level of pick 8-9-10---it aint good(bad) enuff. Were a team thats stuck in the upper lower tier of teams--maybe the worst spot and capped out.
RIP Crushalot😞
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/29/2018  5:48 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
blkexec wrote:Last time I checked....we are the 9th worse team in the nba.....Philly and Boston??? LMAO

Briggs yet when i suggested not adding any FA talent and tanking you were totally against it. You also wanted to max out 5'7 6th man isaiah thomas, none of those things are allowing the Knicks to compete with Boston and Philly. The Knicks had one chance, Phil saw it, it was cash in Porzingis for multiple lottery picks. This combined with the losing that was sure to happen would of given the Knicks 4 high draft picks in 2 years. He knew Porzingis would have a constant problem with injuries. The Knicks were forced to sign Hardaway to appease KP and Janis, where has that gotten us? The middle of the lottery again.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/29/2018  6:14 AM
Here we go suggesting KP trades again. Dealing him would set us back even further. He's the only thing we got to move in the right direction. It's unlikely dealing him for Boston picks would have yielded better value. Probably 1% chance. If you want any hope of competing with these teams, You don't trade the only asset to get there. You take the 9th pick and hope to uncover the next giannis, kawhi, d green etc and keep building. This year we need to find the next Mitchell. The best player in the draft isn't always a top 3 pick. Simple as that.
Knixkik
USA
3/29/2018  6:16 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Briggs yet when i suggested not adding any FA talent and tanking you were totally against it. You also wanted to max out 5'7 6th man isaiah thomas, none of those things are allowing the Knicks to compete with Boston and Philly. The Knicks had one chance, Phil saw it, it was cash in Porzingis for multiple lottery picks. This combined with the losing that was sure to happen would of given the Knicks 4 high draft picks in 2 years. He knew Porzingis would have a constant problem with injuries. The Knicks were forced to sign Hardaway to appease KP and Janis, where has that gotten us? The middle of the lottery again.

Then we would have drafted Fultz or whoever and realized just because you have picks doesn't mean you will turn them into franchise pieces. Trading KP was never the answer. It's unlikely to find these types of players in the draft.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/29/2018  6:33 AM
While there are a multitude of reasons, competing with Phili and Boston means dealing with
Their bigs and Kanter cant match with Horford and is intimidated by Embiid. We need a young two way 5 more than a 3. Our inability to contain and bring the game to either of those clubs has to do with our being defensively sound and control the narrrative inside. The PG “dilemma” will sort itself with Frank probably running it in 18 months
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/29/2018  6:41 AM
I thought the model was GSW? Or the rockets?
Today its The 76ers.
ITs so easy isn’t it?
Knixkik
USA
3/29/2018  6:54 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Also there is no fantasy plan getting around what Philly has--what Boston has. They have a swarm of hugely talented players. Being good enough to get this level of pick 8-9-10---it aint good(bad) enuff. Were a team thats stuck in the upper lower tier of teams--maybe the worst spot and capped out.

Briggs every year there are stars drafted 9 or later. You want to rebuild, which means you also need to be patient, which you are never able to do. You want IT etc. That's not the answer, and neither is being so bad you get a top pick. Compete and draft the BPA and hope for striking gold.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/29/2018  7:16 AM

We're not going to be 9th forever. We should be ready to go in 2019. Philly and Boston will be the top dogs in the yard by then. Those are the guys we have to compete with if we want to win a championship. I don't get what the lmao is about. That's as true as it gets

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/29/2018  7:19 AM
Nalod wrote:I thought the model was GSW? Or the rockets?
Today its The 76ers.
ITs so easy isn’t it?

He didn't say model.... he just saying that they will be top teams in the east. We have to compete with them if we want to advance in the east. We literally won't get close to even squaring up until 2019/2020 season

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
franco12
USA
3/29/2018  7:37 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Then we would have drafted Fultz or whoever and realized just because you have picks doesn't mean you will turn them into franchise pieces. Trading KP was never the answer. It's unlikely to find these types of players in the draft.

Do you mean to say franchise pieces aren't found in the draft? Maybe you typed that by accident, because every franchise altering talent has been taken pretty high up in their respective drafts.

We've added pieces like Lee and Hardaway that allow us to win just enough games to pick at the end of the draft.

Our best hope is to hold KP out so he doesn't come back prematurely, and that Kanter opts out and we stink the joing up royally next year. And that we don't sign someone with Kanter's money to give us an extra win or two.

franco12
USA
3/29/2018  7:42 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Today its The 76ers.
ITs so easy isn’t it?

He didn't say model.... he just saying that they will be top teams in the east. We have to compete with them if we want to advance in the east. We literally won't get close to even squaring up until 2019/2020 season

I don't know but unless we get super lucky in the draft this year and next, I don't see how we're going to be close to anything but the back of the lottery by 19/20.

Frank is still a ways away from being whatever he can become if it isn't a bust role player.

At that point, same likely applies to our picks this year and next. Drafting 19 year olds means you're 3 years away from finding out what they might be, just when you have to potentially max them out.

Timing is everything, and we've had such a lack of talent in our pipeline from trading first rounders away that KPs early years are ended up lost because he had no one to join him save Noah and a bunch of other players that have been either turned over or not amounted to much.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/29/2018  8:40 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Also there is no fantasy plan getting around what Philly has--what Boston has. They have a swarm of hugely talented players. Being good enough to get this level of pick 8-9-10---it aint good(bad) enuff. Were a team thats stuck in the upper lower tier of teams--maybe the worst spot and capped out.

Briggs every year there are stars drafted 9 or later. You want to rebuild, which means you also need to be patient, which you are never able to do. You want IT etc. That's not the answer, and neither is being so bad you get a top pick. Compete and draft the BPA and hope for striking gold.

I endorse this plan, but also think winning meaningless, lottery-****ing games late in a lost season is pennywise and pound foolish. Lose to win when the end is nye. Don't **** with the ping pong balls.

blkexec
Member: #748
3/29/2018  9:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2018  9:09 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Today its The 76ers.
ITs so easy isn’t it?

I meant to respond to ur other response spree.....

In other words.....when your 1 of the top 10 worse teams in the leagur, starting a thread about Philly and Boston is crazy. We've lost games to bad teams b4 and made the opponent look like Philly and Boston. Before we had to build a team to compete with the warriors. B4 that we had to build a team like Miami....with all superstars. Now we have to build a team to compete with Philly and bos??? I just hope this new manage is smarter than that. So far it looks that way. We have to have our own style. Need to clean up the key positions like PG and Center. Our defense at those two positions is just as critical as the offense. Our problem is bigger that Philly and boston.

I'm LMAO because this comes across like another boring day in the office for briggs...so I'll just create a thread about chasing Philly and Boston? First we have to stop getting in our own way. Then we have to beat the bad teams instead of making every bad team look like an all star team. Philly and Boston? sometimes i felt like we couldnt beat a college team.....One step at a time.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knixkik
USA
3/29/2018  9:26 AM
franco12 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Do you mean to say franchise pieces aren't found in the draft? Maybe you typed that by accident, because every franchise altering talent has been taken pretty high up in their respective drafts.

We've added pieces like Lee and Hardaway that allow us to win just enough games to pick at the end of the draft.

Our best hope is to hold KP out so he doesn't come back prematurely, and that Kanter opts out and we stink the joing up royally next year. And that we don't sign someone with Kanter's money to give us an extra win or two.

It came out wrong. What i meant to say, is finding these types of players is very difficult. You can go 10 years of drafting without findings a franchise player. Busts and average players are much more likely. You get 1 or 2 franchise players at best in every draft. So since we have one, we need to build with him, not deal him with hopes of finding another player like him. It just makes no sense. A bird in the hand...you know the rest. Dealing a 22 year old stud, injury or not, is never the answer to rebuilding successfully. The fact that it gets suggested as the answer to a successful rebuild is just mind-boggling. Guys like Fultz, Tatum, Ball, Jackson etc are good players who may never make the jump to superstars. And with this draft, i don't see any sure thing at the top of the draft. Ayton and Bagley can score, but don't defend. Drafting is not a sure-thing, so when you have something worth building with, you do it.
BRIGGS
3/29/2018  9:38 AM
Moonangie wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I endorse this plan, but also think winning meaningless, lottery-****ing games late in a lost season is pennywise and pound foolish. Lose to win when the end is nye. Don't **** with the ping pong balls.

These teasm are funny. Dont lose--yeah it cost the Jets three high draft picks to move up 3 spots. How about lose one more frikin game?

RIP Crushalot😞
It's going to be very hard competing w Philly and boston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy